Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? (54314 Views)

Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? / Is It Proper For A Christian To Run A Hotel Business? / From Christian To Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by spice123(m): 8:59am On Sep 12, 2016
More insults are welcomed please but with constructive arguments. The ones I've been reading are so boring and childish. Free feel to spill it out to me. I'm enjoying it for Christ's Sake.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 12, 2016
Suprnov3r:

Great thread....Lovely read. Don't mind the criticism. Bringing this up has enlightened a lot of people including me. I hope you have your answers sha. When I was much younger I felt this dilemma terribly

flamingREED
You have just demonstrated immaturity with your God curse comment. That alone is a strong indication that you are wrong on yoir other opinions.

spice123
You are very correct. With the level of faith avalaible to you, you shouldn't eat it

4everGod
Thank God for your patience in explaining. You gave a biblically matured answer. Agree with you 100% The underlying truth remains... anything not done by faith is sin. As long as you are secure in your faith in eating or nit eating, you are in the right path. In addition, I think if you do not eat the meat because you are afraid of being harmed, (out of fear) when you are spiritually matured enough to know better, then it is a sin to you. Keep up the good work and do comment more often on NL on doctrinal issues as it helps teach growing christians seeing that this site has a google seo rankings so searches pull more of these threads since the site is indexed fast. I personally signed up because of that

The faith of the seller or buyer in any item or business transact has no impact on your eternal status. That's why Jesus gave the give to ceaser what is ceasers, give unto the Lord what is the Lords comment. Many of these doctrinal contentions are not as necessary as we make them seem. The very core of our faith as christians lies in the fact that God is able to keep everything committed to his hands and preserve us blameless.

Very true! The irony of this all is that many of us believers read the Bible and have encountered the truth in it but we refuse to separate our emotions from the Word of God. We mix the application of the Word with our emotions thereby often applying it in error as we would always aim to please the flesh. God bless you brother
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by femichill: 9:01am On Sep 12, 2016
spice123:
just continue ok. Read Deut 30: 15-18 and see what you've been doing to yourself. Lolsss My people perish for lack of knowledge
there is no confusion anywhere. you can't give what you dont have. 1 Corinthians 8 has done justice to that. it is not and never wrong however because of young Christians, it is not advisable for mature Christian to eat it cos their faith might not been strong for that. for sumone like me, I will overeat as my God provides all meal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by HITTED(m): 9:01am On Sep 12, 2016
ollah2:

Go back and read your bible. Genesis precisely. Go and read the story of Abraham and Isaac
I know the story of Abraham and Isaac. In the Old Testaments, other animals were used as sacrifice too. What I ask is a simple question: why is always ram? If you don't the answer, kindly ignore.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by femichill: 9:02am On Sep 12, 2016
spice123:
just continue ok. Read Deut 30: 15-18 and see what you've been doing to yourself. Loss's My people perish for lack of knowledge
there is no confusion anywhere. you can't give what you dont have. 1 Corinthians 8 has done justice to that. it is not and never wrong however because of young Christians, it is not advisable for mature Christian to eat it cos their faith might not been strong for that. for sumone like me, I will overeat as my God provides all meal.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by spice123(m): 9:08am On Sep 12, 2016
ollah2:

You are a dvmbfvck.

Mention one muslim country that wasn't peaceful before western powers invasion?
in a scale of 1-10, I will rate you 1 because you've not said any reasonable thing (no offence). Answer my question first, then I'll know you're mature and current to world news. A child should wash his/her hands properly before eating a meal with elders.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by HITTED(m): 9:09am On Sep 12, 2016
zionwest:
bringing this topic to the foreum is a very stupid decision, you just succeded in starting an unnecessary religion debate ..if you had asked your parents or your pastor, all these wont be necessary..i'm sure no one asked you no question, you only know why you did this..fool
And what would you say of the mod that moved it to front page?
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by xamiel4(m): 9:09am On Sep 12, 2016
To some, it is. To some, it is not because the Holy Bible make me understand that it is not goes into your mouth that defiles you but it is that that comes out from your heart that defiles you.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by ollah2: 9:11am On Sep 12, 2016
HITTED:

I know the story of Abraham and Isaac. In the Old Testaments, other animals were used as sacrifice too. What I ask is a simple question: why is always ram? If you don't the answer, kindly ignore.

If you indeed read the story of Abraham and Isaacs then you wouldn't ask this question
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by ollah2: 9:12am On Sep 12, 2016
spice123:
in a scale of 1-10, I will rate you 1 because you've not said any reasonable thing (no offence). Answer my question first, then I'll know you're mature and current to world news. A child should wash his/her hands properly before eating a meal with elders.

I will rate u on the negative side (-10) simply because you are a bigotted and hypocritical nonentity.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by HITTED(m): 9:13am On Sep 12, 2016
Kagarko:

I think We should stop deceiving ourselves.

In Islam we are allowed to eat all food from the Christian. Whether the animal is slaughtered or not. But any food prepared for the idols during celebration of Christmas and Easter It's Haram for any Muslim to eat. Not only Muslims even Jehovah Witness don't eat Christmas and Easter food prepared by the Christian.

Behold it is Halal for Muslims to eat your food. except that of the celebration for the birthday of the son of God and the day he died or resurrected (Taalallahu An Qaulihi Uluwan Kabeerah ).

As for the Ram meet it is not good for us to give to you. Except people who have interests in Islam.
What is this one saying
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by jossyphobia(m): 9:26am On Sep 12, 2016
intergral:
how sure are you that those people that translated the bible from koeinic greek, araimic and other formats to English for you to read really understood what they wrote.... If they did then they are also equal to Jesus.... Try and check for the authenticity of what you follow... By tha way the bible is a compilation of stories of those close to Jesus... How sure are you that those stories where not exaggerated?
oh! why don't you consider Ajayi Crowther translation to Yoruba. Yes! they are equal to Jesus here on earth. Because they also performed miracles and are led by the holy spirit in writing the Bible. The holy spirit inspired them in writing, that is why they cannot exaggerate. Isaiah talked about Jesus many years before his coming. he doesn't even know where when and how he will be born he just knew what he will be.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by shedrach20: 9:35am On Sep 12, 2016
Show me where it is written in the Bible that we can eat food sacrificed to idols?
Don't say what you don't know
Read Acts 15:28,29

28 For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you except these necessary things: 29 to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols, from blood, from what is strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Bensmart04(m): 9:36am On Sep 12, 2016
The love of many has wax cold, Christ admonished us to love one another and where there is love there is neither hatred nor backbitting. I believe God did not create the whole world and decided to be with only a specific set of people CHRISTIANS, MUSLIMS, JEWDAISM amongst others. However it is unlean to eat the bulls sacrifice for Idol and it is equally unclean to dine with the devil himself.

The question should be "Are the rams sacrifice for Idol? Do they perform sacrilege to any form of Idol of wood, iron, brass, gold or silver?

Meanwhile; let your concience judge you and not vice-versa. Whatever you know is a sin and does it to him is a sin.
Above all embrace the epitome of brotherly love. Represent Christ wherever you are don't allow the other religion to view you as a religiou man instead as a spiritual and Christ like life.

This is only my opinion.
God bless you.
Bar'de Sallah to our muslim brothers and sisters!
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by shedrach20: 9:37am On Sep 12, 2016
Show me where it is written in the Bible that we can eat food sacrificed to idols?

28 For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you except these necessary things: 29 to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols, from blood, from what is strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you

4everGod:

OP as a believer there is nothing wrong with eating it! The bible says that we can eat even those things offered to idols but we should give thanks to almighty God for it. However this is for a grounded believer who lives by faith and not fear.

A young believer with doubts shouldnt do so and also a mature believer should not eat it in the presence of an immature believer who still believes that its not right to eat it.....this is for the sake of his faith.

Every food or animal comes from God so be they from Native doctors, juju worshippers, muslims etc feel free to eat if you are spiritually matured to do so. Afterall how would they accept you or your message when you reject their hospitality?

God bless you.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by shedrach20: 9:38am On Sep 12, 2016

28 For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you except these necessary things: 29 to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols, from blood, from what is strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you

OP as a believer there is nothing wrong with eating it! The bible says that we can eat even those things offered to idols but we should give thanks to almighty God for it. However this is for a grounded believer who lives by faith and not fear.

A young believer with doubts shouldnt do so and also a mature believer should not eat it in the presence of an immature believer who still believes that its not right to eat it.....this is for the sake of his faith.

Every food or animal comes from God so be they from Native doctors, juju worshippers, muslims etc feel free to eat if you are spiritually matured to do so. Afterall how would they accept you or your message when you reject their hospitality?

God bless you.[/quote]
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by jay7(m): 9:53am On Sep 12, 2016
1Corinthians

8:1 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.
8:2 And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.
8:3 But if any man love God, the same is known of him.
8:4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.
8:5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
8:7 Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.
8:8 But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.
8:9 But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.
8:10 For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols;
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 12, 2016
shedrach20:

[b]

In the book of acts where you quoted from the apostles had misunderstandings they needed to settle especially when Gentiles became born again and were being told that they needed to be circumcised in accordance with the ways of Moses and even the Pharisees who were the custodians of the law demanded same...Now these Pharisees also held on to the law that we must not eat what is offered to idols or from things strangled or from blood so since the apostles were passing through and would be leaving these new believers in the midst of these pharisees they had to instruct them for the sake of peace not to eat what was offered to idols or strangled or from blood.

The Pharisees believed in the outward show of holiness without an inward change which was why once a year they still did the sin offering but Peter knowing the real truth now and that we have moved from the law to grace declared in the same Acts 15 from verse 7 to 9 thus;

7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;

9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

They had already been purified whether they eat or not but for the sake of those who were custodians of the law they should not eat so as not to cause problems for themselves and the gospel.

I hope you understand it now.[/b]
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by southernbelle(f): 10:12am On Sep 12, 2016
ireneony:
It's not wrong.
Love your neighbour as yourself.

God bless you.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by godson4u79(m): 10:12am On Sep 12, 2016
That's not true.. I have Muslim friends as well and we all eat meat from the same plate anytime we visit them for ileya. Wts bad is to be going about eating from people you don't know personally.
spice123:
They don't eat it dear. They prepare it for the general public and reserve a separate ram for themselves. I have seen that myself several times.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by godson4u79(m): 10:15am On Sep 12, 2016
Dere is nothing wrong about that. Wts bad is to be going from one place to another eating from people you don't know. As long as they are your trusted friends or families, eat as much as ur belly can take.no shaking.

Tpave:
Just asking cos somebody asked me this question this morning and I decided to bring it to the forum.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Bigromeo(m): 10:26am On Sep 12, 2016
4everGod:

God bless you.
pls no more comment cos dis dude nailed it.tanks
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 12, 2016
spice123:
They don't eat it dear. They prepare it for the general public and reserve a separate ram for themselves. I have seen that myself several times.

why are you lying?
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Samfigo1(m): 10:46am On Sep 12, 2016
4everGod:

There is no confusion there....its simply a difference in spiritual maturity. I am spiritually mature and have been eating it and preaching to them at the same time especially since my Bible tells me to eat it freely and enjoy it too.

The other person may just not be a mature believer yet so do not call it confusion....afterall a baby must crawl before it can run and jump but both the one crawling and the one jumping are still both people.
Hmmn... I love your earlier write up, but come to think of it, why do they kill rams? For sacrifice, for remission of sins. why did Jesus come to this world? for remission of sins right?
Then why do I need killing or eating of ram for remission of sins? Jesus has taken away my sins!
I will be glad if you respond to this! Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Feanah(f): 11:20am On Sep 12, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Thanks for sharing this Hadith with me brother.
smiley no thanks . eid Mubarak
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 12, 2016
Samfigo1:

Hmmn... I love your earlier write up, but come to think of it, why do they kill rams? For sacrifice, for remission of sins. why did Jesus come to this world? for remission of sins right?
Then why do I need killing or eating of ram for remission of sins? Jesus has taken away my sins!
I will be glad if you respond to this! Thanks!

[b]They (Muslims) kill Rams because they follow an aspect of Abrahamic life which is symbolic with the time God instructed Abraham to replace His son Isaac with the Ram for an offering but in their case they replaced Isaac with Ishmael Abrahams son from Sarahs maid.

Christians are no longer doing this since Christ became the Lamb of God and the only eternally acceptable sacrifice to God. We, however are not to condemn their actions but to show them Love as it is through our acts of Love toward them that they can listen to our message of Jesus and yield.

The eating of the meat when it is offered is to be done by us out of Love if we are matured enough to remove superstition, hatred, bitterness and self righteousness from the equation but when one is still a growing believer and still subject to emotions then by all means do not partake.

Eating or not eating does not make us draw closer to God but the motive behind our eating or not eating can either make us draw closer or move away from Him.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by susanstencil: 11:28am On Sep 12, 2016
Online businesses marketing in social media sites are common nowadays. People across the globe are trying to set their foothold in these platforms. However, it is only possible when you are already famous in the social media sites.
Mail us : info@socialfollowerlikes.com

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Darnyel: 12:01pm On Sep 12, 2016
spice123:
@4everGod In a layman's understanding it's just like someone saying that he he's not a robber but he gets gift from his known robber friend and even eats part of what he steals and yet says to himself that he does not steal. WHAT AN IRONY! You are an accomplice unknowingly.

That was not a very good comparison. A robber does evil to the live and soul of others.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Armanee: 12:04pm On Sep 12, 2016
Bring the ram and watch me devour it...then ask me dis same question again after giving me toothpick...
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Darnyel: 12:07pm On Sep 12, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
He's quite correct. The ram is divided into three parts; one for the family, one for neighbours and non-Muslims, and the third portion for the less-privileged. I still heard it on television this morning during the Ararat broadcast. I don't know about the past sins and and the badluck part though.

I presume that was just the sharing formula. No special rite on any portion.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Darnyel: 12:14pm On Sep 12, 2016
hanity:

Thank you

Don't view this as a very big issue. You are sure to get various comments on social media, some are outright preposterous. As long as your conscience is clear just be calm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Blasts Leke Adeboye Over 'RCCG Is A Threat To Islam' Post / I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card / Pastor Ephraim Ononye Sprays Dollars At A Wedding In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.