Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? (167949 Views)

Download And Request For Your Seasonal Movies Here - Direct Download Link / Seasonal Movies You Wished Were Not Cancelled? / Name Ur Best Seasonal Movie Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

Re: The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? by SexyFox(f): 3:39pm On Jul 29, 2014
RayMcBlue: List Of Award Winning TV Series From 2000-2014

-Game Of Thrones (HBO)
-Breaking Bad (HBO)
-The Wire (HBO)
-Oz (HBO)
-The Sopranos (HBO)
-True Detective (HBO)
-Breaking Bad (AMC)
-The Walking Dead (AMC)
-Mad Men (AMC)
-House Of Lies (Showtime)
-Californication (Showtime)
-Dexter (Showtime)
-Tudors (Showtime)
-Shameless (Showtime)
-The Killing (Netflix)
-House Of Cards (Netflix)
-Orange Is The New Black (Netflix)
-Spartacus (Starz)
-Da Vinci's Demon (Starz)
-Banshee (Cinemax)
-Strike Back (Cinemax)
-Hunted (Cinemax)
-Hannibal (NBC)
-The Blacklist (NBC)
-Gang Related (Fox)
-Prison Break (Fox)
-Lost (Fox)
-Alias (Fox)
-24 (Fox)
-CSI: New York (Fox)
-Continuum (Showcase)
-Battlestar Galactica (Syfy)
-The Sanctuary (Syfy)
-Stargate Atlantis (Syfy)
-Fargo (FX)
-American Horror Story (FX)

this list is not complete.
supernatural, merlin, smallville etc. has also won awards. :/

Re: The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? by RayMcBlue(m): 4:16pm On Jul 29, 2014
SexyFox:

When I wrote Award winning, I meant the prestigious Daytime and Prime Emmy, Saturn and Golden Globe Awards, not "Teen Choice Awards."

"Supernatural", "Merlin" and "Smallville" have all won Teen Choice Awards - An award where the nominees and eventual winners are chosen by the general Teen audience. They are Kiddie shows.

Re: The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? by Fxwarrior: 7:18pm On Jul 29, 2014
Ogbeche77: I always thought 24 is d best,until i began watching oda seasonal film.Go watch doll house,new amsterdam,justice,house,shark,entourage,csi,u will change ur mind when u re tru with any of dis.

Power beats all.

Not that I don't know op is looking for recommendations.

Re: The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? by Fxwarrior: 7:22pm On Jul 29, 2014
SexyFox:

We are not talking about awards.Supernnatural is crap.

Re: The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? by Fxwarrior: 7:27pm On Jul 29, 2014
RayMcBlue:

When I wrote Award winning, I meant the prestigious Daytime and Prime Emmy, Saturn and Golden Globe Awards, not "Teen Choice Awards."

"Supernatural", "Merlin" and "Smallville" have all won Teen Choice Awards - An award where the nominees and eventual winners are chosen by the general Teen audience. They are Kiddie shows.

Re: The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? by RayMcBlue(m): 7:42pm On Jul 29, 2014
Fxwarrior:

Supernatural is actually pretty decent. I love the good vs evil story line and how the brothers are caught in the middle. Anyways, it's not a show someone above 20 years can take seriously. A Kiddie show, more or less.

Re: The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? by SexyFox(f): 11:33pm On Jul 29, 2014
RayMcBlue:

Ok, I understand what you mean now. But I love supernatural and Merlin, and I'm not a teen. They are among my favourite shows. To pick the best show I have ever watch is a very difficult thing to do. The shows are just too many.

Re: The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? by SexyFox(f): 11:40pm On Jul 29, 2014
Fxwarrior:

that is your opinion.
I find supernatural to be a wonderful show. And I like dean. The guy can act (and he is handsome). He uses facial expression when acting, to the extent that you feel what he is feeling. Love him. My only Tv crush.
Re: The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? by hyzicbond(m): 11:43am On Aug 02, 2014
RayMcBlue: List Of Award Winning TV Series From 2000-2014

-Game Of Thrones (HBO)
-Broadwalk Empire (HBO)
-The Wire (HBO)
-Oz (HBO)
-The Sopranos (HBO)
-True Detective (HBO)
-Breaking Bad (AMC)
-The Walking Dead (AMC)
-Mad Men (AMC)
-House Of Lies (Showtime)
-Californication (Showtime)
-Dexter (Showtime)
-Tudors (Showtime)
-Shameless (Showtime)
-The Killing (Netflix)
-House Of Cards (Netflix)
-Orange Is The New Black (Netflix)
-Spartacus (Starz)
-Da Vinci's Demon (Starz)
-Banshee (Cinemax)
-Strike Back (Cinemax)
-Hunted (Cinemax)
-Hannibal (NBC)
-The Blacklist (NBC)
-Gang Related (Fox)
-Prison Break (Fox)
-Lost (Fox)
-Alias (Fox)
-24 (Fox)
-CSI: New York (Fox)
-Continuum (Showcase)
-Battlestar Galactica (Syfy)
-The Sanctuary (Syfy)
-Stargate Atlantis (Syfy)
-Fargo (FX)
-American Horror Story (FX)

and here goes my top 10 out the list

1. Lost ( the best tv series ve ever watched in my twenty something years of existence)

2. Prison break

3. Game of thrones

4. The walking dead

5. 24

6. Orange is the new black

7. Black list

8. Strike back

9. Shameless

10. Californication

p.s. Lost is an ABC production and also there are so many award winning shows out there like homeland, house of cards etc...
Re: The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? by RayMcBlue(m): 12:57pm On Aug 02, 2014
hyzicbond:

p.s. Lost is an ABC production a

Thanks for the correction. I got so used to watching it on Fox network that I completely forgot that it originated from ABC.
Re: The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? by Bucksnony(m): 8:23pm On Aug 12, 2014
I HATE Merlin and Supernatural with disgust. They are hopelessly childish. I'd rather watch NTA news than watch those movies especially Merlin
Re: The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? by dhameelolar(m): 5:51pm On Aug 16, 2014
mackenzie007: guyz guyz av any1 heard of Eureka? Go chek it out. You will all marvel!!!!!

Eureka started well right up to season 3 it just became boring for me :
Re: The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? by dhameelolar(m): 5:52pm On Aug 16, 2014
Guys go watch "FRINGE" it s da bomb!

FRINGE is a good series but in my opinion it didn't end well

Re: The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? by dhameelolar(m): 5:54pm On Aug 16, 2014
Vikkybest: Am a season freak too. I av watch nikita up to date, fringe, suits, touch, vampire diaries, pretty little liars, scandal,lost, alias, GOT, etc all up to date bt there is none like 24! Nikita is so close in rank bt can't beat it.

I take it you're yet to see "Breaking Bad" ?

Re: The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? by dhameelolar(m): 5:55pm On Aug 16, 2014
khanivorous: Breaking bad

I don't need to say much..google the ratings.24 is a joke

Finally someone that agrees, it has an imdb rating of 9.6/10, the highest ever

Re: The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? by dhameelolar(m): 5:58pm On Aug 16, 2014
Fxwarrior:

Power beats all.

Not that I don't know op is looking for recommendations.

Power is a relatively new series, it just finished airing it's first season and it doesn't have any big nomination
Re: The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? by dhameelolar(m): 6:00pm On Aug 16, 2014
hyzicbond:

1. Lost ( the best tv series ve ever watched in my twenty something years of existence)

2. Prison break

3. Game of thrones

4. The walking dead

5. 24

7. Black list

8. Strike back

9. Shameless

10. Californication

p.s. Lost is an ABC production and also there are so many award winning shows out there like homeland, house of cards etc...

I take it you haven't seen "Breaking Bad"

Re: The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? by hyzicbond(m): 2:23pm On Aug 17, 2014
dhameelolar:

I take it you haven't seen "Breaking Bad"

couldn'tget past season three, not really my type

Re: The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? by PenSage1: 3:45pm On Aug 17, 2014
Can the title of this thread be changed from "seasonal movies" to say "tv series" or "fictional tv series" (if specificity is required). No offense meant to anyone it's just that there's no such thing as "seasonal movies".

Re: The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? by PenSage1: 3:47pm On Aug 17, 2014
hyzicbond:

2. Prison break

3. Game of thrones

4. The walking dead

5. 24

7. Black list

8. Strike back

9. Shameless

10. Californication

Finally! Someone who loves Lost as much as I do!
Re: The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 07, 2014
Has anyone seen 'orange is the new black'?
Re: The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? by wintersnow(m): 7:40am On Sep 08, 2014
seriously no one has seen strain!
Re: The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? by Roodez(m): 4:40pm On Feb 17, 2016
24 still the best

Re: The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? by kopp55: 1:12pm On Sep 09, 2016
24 is the only movie I have ever watch and always desire to watch over and all over again and recommend to others, it's suitable for all mankind. As for me, it's the best so far, it depicts what's happening in the world. I also urge you guys to go watch VIKINGS, this is another interesting and world class movie.

Re: The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? by Basic123: 6:30pm On Sep 25, 2017
slimkelvin:
All of you shouting 24 should shut the Bleep up and watch other series! I was thinkin like you until I watched NIKITA. I've watched 24 <1-8 complete> and also watched Nikita <1-2 complete, still watching season 3>
NIKITA is the so far the best film if ever watched in my entire life! I am a movie freak, if watched loads of movies. Nikita is outstanding, I don't think any film can beat it. It is an Espionage Agents film. Do not argue with me, just watch only the first season, then you will agree with me when i say Nikita beat 24 hands down! It is overwhelming, it is breathtaking, it is very interesting, oh my God, just watch it and you will kick in the ass anybody who says 24 is the best. NIKITA IS THE WORLD'S BEST MOVIE SERIES!
I agree with you.
Re: The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? by Paulblessing1(m): 2:37pm On Oct 12, 2017
guys shannara chronicles too is top notch
Re: The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? by phr0nesis(m): 3:14pm On Oct 12, 2017
Breaking bad is the reason I will never take ratings seriously. I watched that series till the end because of hype. It turned out to be a waste of my time.

My favourites remains:

1. Game of thrones

2. Lost

3. Walking dead (gradually losing interest on this though)
Re: The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? by Xerox01(m): 11:33pm On Nov 12, 2017
slimkelvin:
All of you shouting 24 should shut the Bleep up and watch other series! I was thinkin like you until I watched NIKITA. I've watched 24 <1-8 complete> and also watched Nikita <1-2 complete, still watching season 3>
NIKITA is the so far the best film if ever watched in my entire life! I am a movie freak, if watched loads of movies. Nikita is outstanding, I don't think any film can beat it. It is an Espionage Agents film. Do not argue with me, just watch only the first season, then you will agree with me when i say Nikita beat 24 hands down! It is overwhelming, it is breathtaking, it is very interesting, oh my God, just watch it and you will kick in the ass anybody who says 24 is the best. NIKITA IS THE WORLD'S BEST MOVIE SERIES!
Ma nigga, chop knuckle chop, knuckle chop, knuckle again abeg. That Nikita movie na die mehn. The thing pain me when Shawn died sha
Re: The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? by MissJoy29(f): 5:42pm On Nov 25, 2017
In all the series mentioned above, I didn't find these:
Friends
Revenge
Scandal
Desperate housewives
Bing bang theory
etc

Re: The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? by Len234: 5:52pm On Jul 27, 2019
Well I've not watched all. We cannot really place the best because of different factors and time ranges. I will say 24 should be the best of all time if I have an opinion. But it is hard to know exactly. Game of thrones is like most watched. I think the titles should be about the best producers of all time which should be Fox for 24, Alias and Prison Break.I think the best is 24. I mean how can u do a movie for 8 seasons and still captivate the viewers mind and return with a season 9 at London with a banger. All its seasons had 24 episodes of 44 mins each detailing the 24 hours for the duration of the season. Nikita has only 4 seasons c'mon. Got, 8 but like 6-10 episodes. Money was spent and made from 24.

One Piece (anime/manga) / Breaking News: See What ‘killed’ Ramsey Noah / Top 20 Strongest Naruto Characters. Do You Agree With The List?