Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,576 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS (40697 Views)

Shalom Academy Nsukka Student Makes 9 A1s In The Just Released WAEC. / Photos Of The University Of Ibadan Student Who Jumped To Her Death / UNIBEN Student Makes A Portrait Of The VC With 6000 Bottle Covers (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS by dainformant(m): 11:28am On Sep 11, 2016
This is a very encouraging story of a girl who excelled with flying colors despite battling for her life after a horrible accident in Oyo state. Rebecca who graduated from the University of Ibadan, was involved in a terrific accident (between a car and the bike she boarded) -which left her battling for her life at the college hospital last year....

In her recovery condition, she still pulled through and graduated with an excellent grade...She is currently a Corps member serving in Enugu state.

Hear her story as shared on her social media page.

Saturday evening November 14 2015, reminds me of wat it means "2fight for one’s life’. As I boarded a 20mins bike 4rm my school (UI) 2d University college hospital (UCH, Ibadan) for a quick visit.I had no idea dat ws goin to be my home for a while as within 5mins of leavin d school gate all I rememba is a car running in2 my bike 4rm the side.

Me dragging my almst lifeless body away 4rm dbusy road tasting blood in my mouth, pain all over my body. Voices of concerned passers-by helping me up as dey asked…’who should we call?’. Jesus help me’ is all I could mutter as I ws tryin hard to hold onto my life while hearing ‘Rebecca please don’t sleep, just kip looking at dis light’ ( Nokia torch light)

Drips, injections, doctors, questions. Darkness…I couldn’t see a thing anymore…den I couldn’t make gud sentences. ‘We have to run a CT scan and X-rays, 2check her brain and her spinal cord’...dats d last thing I heard.

Neuro ward’…dat’s wia I spent d folown days. "grin nurses would clean Ur wounds daily but U are not 2 move…or turn your head, U will have to eat , urinate, poo, bathe on this bed. We need 2b sure Ur spinal cord was not affected.’ D doctor sed.

Night was d time everything about life made me sad. I was a final year student, my project was still there, and I had exams in 2weeks. I cried evry night. Was I going to have an extra year? I kept asking God so many questions. I depended on d nurses 4 everytn…..everytn! I left d hospital n den faced reality.

My project, exams. I studied hard, it ws difficult because I had 2wear d neck collar since I insisted on goin back 2school, I dd not want bed rest.

So everything I dd, was wit my neck collar, eat, drink, bathe, read. I could not bend, lift heavy things, or sleep on a bed…I would cry every tym because I ws in pain but I had 2b strong.

I read in neck collar, wrote my exams, defended my project and graduated wit a 5.0 CGPA.

Wit d help of God, family, friends, lecturers, roommate, course mates n doctors….I pulled thru.

Oh!...I stil do not know d car or d man who hit me… Witnesses sed, he ran his tyres on us…dragged us as the bike got hooked 2d car and drove off on top speed!

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/09/rebecca-makes-first-class-after.html

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS by dainformant(m): 11:29am On Sep 11, 2016

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS by PrettyCrystal: 11:33am On Sep 11, 2016
congrats ...u are lifted

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS by mhisbliss(f): 11:35am On Sep 11, 2016
thats a winner they don't need to announce it before they get recognition

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS by ChangeIsCostant: 11:37am On Sep 11, 2016
nice one....

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS by dainformant(m): 11:37am On Sep 11, 2016
beauty and brains

20 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS by yanabasee(m): 11:44am On Sep 11, 2016
Wow!..... Tz amazing how God works.... And she's pretty!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS by pyyxxaro: 11:44am On Sep 11, 2016
Na GOD WIN

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS by NiceHans: 12:27pm On Sep 11, 2016
The team of doctors and nurses did a great job

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS by veekid(m): 12:38pm On Sep 11, 2016
Incredible
Re: University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS by herzern(m): 12:38pm On Sep 11, 2016
I'm noht hatinq.....

Buh...biko...5.0 for UI nah 2nd class upper....(nah 7.0 dem dey operate.....buh it has chanqed for the new intakes thouqh).....

Wahalai....I qet sense pass dem bloqqers!...,

Dem no qo do any research/findings.....

Nevertheless..... HAPPY SUNDAY TO EVERONE!!....

18 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS by JonSnow(m): 12:39pm On Sep 11, 2016
Beautiful lady. Im sure she's Igbo kiss

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS by Jalubarika(m): 12:40pm On Sep 11, 2016
Brainy.
She's got hot legs
would she marry me?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS by beautiful232(f): 12:40pm On Sep 11, 2016
wow congratulations dear..GOD bless you always I'm getting der soon

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS by Flexherbal(m): 12:41pm On Sep 11, 2016
Thank God for your life!
Re: University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 11, 2016
herzern:
cool
Space bookers! waiting 2 read your rubbish.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS by ibkgab001: 12:42pm On Sep 11, 2016
What will be will be
Re: University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS by ivoatt(m): 12:43pm On Sep 11, 2016
JonSnow:
Beautiful lady. Im sure she's Igbo kiss

what are you starting

She is Yoruba

7 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS by kelvinkosi(m): 12:43pm On Sep 11, 2016
wink well maybe the accident injuries kept her indoors to study ..... cheesy cheesy congrats ma dear

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS by DICKtator: 12:44pm On Sep 11, 2016
Girls and fashion.

Why did she put that thing on her neck?

grin grin grin grin
Re: University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS by mrmrmister: 12:44pm On Sep 11, 2016
[size=13pt] Congratulations!!! cheesy wink cool
FishBrain girls come and see your mate. undecided[/size]

6 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS by Money4passion: 12:44pm On Sep 11, 2016
dainformant:
This is a very encouraging story of a girl who excelled with flying colors despite battling for her life after a horrible accident in Oyo state. Rebecca who graduated from the University of Ibadan, was involved in a terrific accident (between a car and the bike she boarded) -which left her battling for her life at the college hospital last year....

In her recovery condition, she still pulled through and graduated with an excellent grade...She is currently a Corps member serving in Enugu state.

Hear her story as shared on her social media page.

Saturday evening November 14 2015, reminds me of wat it means "2fight for one’s life’. As I boarded a 20mins bike 4rm my school (UI) 2d University college hospital (UCH, Ibadan) for a quick visit.I had no idea dat ws goin to be my home for a while as within 5mins of leavin d school gate all I rememba is a car running in2 my bike 4rm the side.

Me dragging my almst lifeless body away 4rm dbusy road tasting blood in my mouth, pain all over my body. Voices of concerned passers-by helping me up as dey asked…’who should we call?’. Jesus help me’ is all I could mutter as I ws tryin hard to hold onto my life while hearing ‘Rebecca please don’t sleep, just kip looking at dis light’ ( Nokia torch light)

Drips, injections, doctors, questions. Darkness…I couldn’t see a thing anymore…den I couldn’t make gud sentences. ‘We have to run a CT scan and X-rays, 2check her brain and her spinal cord’...dats d last thing I heard.

Neuro ward’…dat’s wia I spent d folown days. "grin nurses would clean Ur wounds daily but U are not 2 move…or turn your head, U will have to eat , urinate, poo, bathe on this bed. We need 2b sure Ur spinal cord was not affected.’ D doctor sed.

Night was d time everything about life made me sad. I was a final year student, my project was still there, and I had exams in 2weeks. I cried evry night. Was I going to have an extra year? I kept asking God so many questions. I depended on d nurses 4 everytn…..everytn! I left d hospital n den faced reality.

My project, exams. I studied hard, it ws difficult because I had 2wear d neck collar since I insisted on goin back 2school, I dd not want bed rest.

So everything I dd, was wit my neck collar, eat, drink, bathe, read. I could not bend, lift heavy things, or sleep on a bed…I would cry every tym because I ws in pain but I had 2b strong.

I read in neck collar, wrote my exams, defended my project and graduated wit a 5.0 CGPA.

Wit d help of God, family, friends, lecturers, roommate, course mates n doctors….I pulled thru.

Oh!...I stil do not know d car or d man who hit me… Witnesses sed, he ran his tyres on us…dragged us as the bike got hooked 2d car and drove off on top speed!

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/09/rebecca-makes-first-class-after.html

Pls who know her number ..I want to marry her

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS by Allwility: 12:44pm On Sep 11, 2016
It is well with you.
Re: University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS by wunmi590(m): 12:45pm On Sep 11, 2016
Congratulations
Re: University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS by Lovelynature(m): 12:45pm On Sep 11, 2016
All is well with her soul

SHALOM
Re: University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS by FANE4Naija: 12:46pm On Sep 11, 2016
No name? Pls NANC tell them to rectify this.
Re: University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS by IMASTEX: 12:46pm On Sep 11, 2016
Wow. congrats
Re: University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS by Glaxx(m): 12:46pm On Sep 11, 2016
She's really a motivated person. And she's a stunner.
Re: University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS by Xtracoool(m): 12:46pm On Sep 11, 2016

Beauty,
Brains,
Strong,
Resilient,
Has sense (not all those hungry recharge card girls that can't differentiate between father and boyfriend) angry angry,
The sky is your limit baby kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS by YINKS89(m): 12:47pm On Sep 11, 2016
gud 4 her.
Re: University Of Ibadan Student Makes Good Grades After Horrific Accident - PICS by OgidiOlu3(m): 12:47pm On Sep 11, 2016
DICKtator:
Girls and fashion.

Why did she put that thing on her neck?

grin grin grin grin
Weyrey cheesy. It's neck trainer lipsrsealed.
Beauty and brains. Me likey wink .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Loyola Jesuit Abuja In Pictures / Emmanuel Oluwasayomi Ahmadu: I Wrote SSCE 17 Times - Corper Reveals Why / ASUU Suspends Nine-Month-Old Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.