Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) (61518 Views)

Ogenyi Onazi To Donate Boots To Nigerian Talents On His Return Home / Top 10 U-23 Talents In The NPFL / American-born Nigerian Talents Featuring At The Rio 2016 Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Icon4s(m): 6:32pm On Sep 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

By that time, Chidi was ahead of Etebo and Azubuike. Remember, he was among the selected players to represent Manchester City In the Preseason tour in America before he injured. If not work permit, he would have played more for City. That was a good choice.

Ifeanyi Mathew relegated Chidi Nwakali to the bench at New Zealand. Ifeanyi Mathew could not make the U23 midfield, at the CAF U23, that had Etebo and Azubuike.

Btw who do you rate higher between Ifeanyi Mathew and Chidiebere Nwakali?
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by AIG07: 6:35pm On Sep 11, 2016
Good one!!!

You guys are really doing a great job here.
How I wish nff officios, coaches n other football stakeholders can know about this thread or probably pay visits once in a while from their comfort zone.

Sir Forgiveness n Sir Icon4s(you guys seem closer to the glass house) should work on that...

*Peace*

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Icon4s(m): 6:37pm On Sep 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Another point we should remember was when Manu Garba and Siasia's side met in the Super Six, the match ended 3-3. Without Mikel, Ekong and some other additions, I have no doubt Azubuike and Etebo will look that strong.

I do not think the Manu Garba's U20 team was weak. That was not the problem. Sometimes good teams have poor showing.

The loses to Brazil and Germany said a lot about that team.Most especially the way they were out played. They could only beat N.Korea and Hungary who you and I know are no where in terms of pedigree at youths level.

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:38pm On Sep 11, 2016
Icon4s:

Ifeanyi Mathew relegated Chidi Nwakali to the bench at New Zealand. Ifeanyi Mathew could not make the U23 midfield, at the CAF U23, that had Etebo and Azubuike.

Btw who do you rate higher between Ifeanyi Mathew and Chidiebere Nwakali?

That is a very tough one. I like both but they bring different qualities to the table.

I take Nwakali because he can bring what Ifeanyi Matthew has. That is the passing. Short and long. However, Chidi has the bursting runs to add to it. He also has the shots. Then versatility to cover gaps.

Tough but I will go with Chidi Nwakali.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:43pm On Sep 11, 2016
Icon4s:

The loses to Brazil and Germany said a lot about that team.Most especially the way they were out played. They could only beat N.Korea and Hungary who you and I know are no where in terms of pedigree at youths level.

Brazil was individual errors. As for those dropped, especially Azubuike and Etebo, no guarantee they would do better after Denmark pushed Six passed them.

The New Zealand boys were a better team than the Siasia Olympics team before the additions.

Also, Spain in France '98 had a super team with Raul, Enrique, Sergi, Zubizaretta, Campo, Hierro etc but they crashed out in the first round. Doing bad in a competition does not mean a bad squad. It is up to the FA to keep building and training.

A mistake we made in the past. Something we should stop. Amunike and Manu Garba crashing out does not mean a bad team. We must find how to continue.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Icon4s(m): 6:46pm On Sep 11, 2016
AIG07:
Good one!!!

How I wish nff officios, coaches n other football stakeholders can know about this thread or probably pay visits once in a while from their comfort zone.

Sir Forgiveness n Sir Icon4s(you guys seem closer to the glass house) should work on that...

*Peace*

The glass house is not a prison. They have access to d internet just like u and I.
Nairaland has penetrated all offices and agencies more than you can imagine.

NFF officials are normal humans like us so dey visiting nairaland for news and update is normal. wink
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Icon4s(m): 6:51pm On Sep 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Brazil was individual errors. As for those dropped, especially Azubuike and Etebo, no guarantee they would do better after Denmark pushed Six passed them.

The New Zealand boys were a better team than the Siasia Olympics team before the additions.

Also, Spain in France '98 had a super team with Raul, Enrique, Sergi, Zubizaretta, Campo, Hierro etc but they crashed out in the first round. Doing bad in a competition does not mean a bad squad. It is up to the FA to keep building and training.

A mistake we made in the past. Something we should stop. Amunike and Manu Garba crashing out does not mean a bad team. We must find how to continue.

Individual errors that you lost 4-2 from leading 2-1?

Were Etebo and Azubuike ever invited for 2015 U20 screening?

U are still hinging on the 6-1 thrashing by Denmark in a friendly when we beat them 2-0 in a proper tourney?

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:01pm On Sep 11, 2016
Icon4s:

Individual errors that you lost 4-2 from leading 2-1?

Were Etebo and Azubuike ever invited for 2015 U20 screening?

U are still hinging on the 6-1 thrashing by Denmark in a friendly when we beat them 2-0 in a proper tourney?

You brought up that Etebo and Azubuike were within the age limit. There is no way Manu Garba did not know about them. If he wanted them, he would have invited them. Whether they screened or not, Manu Garba preferred his midfield choices. They camped and stayed in the same hotel in Abuja.

Without the additions of Mikel and co., it was a weaker team. Without the additions, Denmark might still beat them
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Icon4s(m): 7:11pm On Sep 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You brought up that Etebo and Azubuike were within the age limit. There is no way Manu Garba did not know about them. If he wanted them, he would have invited them. Whether they screened or not, Manu Garba preferred his midfield choices. They camped and stayed in the same hotel in Abuja.

Without the additions of Mikel and co., it was a weaker team. Without the additions, Denmark might still beat them

That part where said "Manu preferred his midfield choices" underlines my point. He did not completely throw the camp open. He already had his choice of players. Azubuike and Etebo would have brought more to that team. I had always maintained also that Junior Ajayi is a better striker than Taiwo Awoniyi. Ajayi was already the main striker for 3SC then while Taiwo Awoniyi was still an academy player.

Our U20 coaches should try to give every player that falls with the U20 bracket a chance.And not just sticking to their previous U17 boys.

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Justiceotuya(m): 7:20pm On Sep 11, 2016
Icon4s:

Compare Azubuike with Chidi Nwakali and not Etebo.
Who is better? And why if i may ask
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by forgiveness: 7:37pm On Sep 11, 2016
AIG07:
Good one!!!

*Peace*

grin Glass house! grin No! No! No!
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:09pm On Sep 11, 2016
Icon4s:

That part where said "Manu preferred his midfield choices" underlines my point. He did not completely throw the camp open. He already had his choice of players. Azubuike and Etebo would have brought more to that team. I had always maintained also that Junior Ajayi is a better striker than Taiwo Awoniyi. Ajayi was already the main striker for 3SC then while Taiwo Awoniyi was still an academy player.

Our U20 coaches should try to give every player that falls with the U20 bracket a chance.And not just sticking to their previous U17 boys.

Your critique rest on Manu Garba because he did not hold an open camp.

Amunike did. Amunike accepted over 600 players to the open camp. At the end, the coaches select those he feels suits his pattern.

Many would argue Zambrotta, Deco, Ronaldinho, Edmilson were untouchable. In Guardiola's system, they were not. That does not mean the coach is bias.

Amunike tried these lads but preferred most of the U17 winning squad. It was not bias but how he wanted to play. That team did not qualify because of neglect. Without Mikel, the U23 might have worse results. Same with the support of the Japanese Billionaire.

Amunike's team had close to Zero support. Worse of all, even after winning a World Cup.

If Azubuike and Etebo were so exceptional, the Flying Eagles will not put three past them. They are not so high above the Flying Eagles midfield then. To many, the Flying Eagles had a better squad.

Without Mikel and co. they were weak.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:18pm On Sep 11, 2016
Icon4s:

Manu Garba invited Pyagbara and Sokari to camp. Sokari was close to the National team then. Pyagbara had worked with Keshi for CHAN. Obinna Nwobodo was not part of the U17 team. Same with Ndidi.

So there was development.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Icon4s(m): 10:26pm On Sep 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Manu Garba invited Pyagbara and Sokari to camp. Sokari was close to the National team then. Pyagbara had worked with Keshi for CHAN. Obinna Nwobodo was not part of the U17 team. Same with Ndidi.

So there was development.

Which contributed to y his U20 team did better than Amuneke's.

U mentioned Amuneke invited 600 players yet 10 of his starting 11 were from d previous U17. That does not add up. It is either the story of inviting 600 players is false or he did not give the 600 players fair trials. Watch and see in next couple of months how quality teens or 19/20 years olds who were not part of Amuneke's Flying Eagles would emerge from our local league.

Sebi I thought the NFF once mentioned Zaharadeen Bello as the likely captain of the 2017 Flying Eagles. I dnt think Amuneke even invited him. He is not an Amuneke's boy but a Manu Garba's boy.

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Petrobros: 10:49pm On Sep 11, 2016
Bia Icon4s vs TheGoodJoe.

Dem just dey open new thread today-today una don baptize am with una argument.
The thread don run reach 2nd page.

I may not comment regularly but I follow regularly.
All the same well done guys. I love the spirit.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:52pm On Sep 11, 2016
Icon4s:

Which contributed to y his U20 team did better than Amuneke's.

U mentioned Amuneke invited 600 players yet 10 of his starting 11 were from d previous U17. That does not add up. It is either the story of inviting 600 players is false or he did not give the 600 players fair trials. Watch and see in next couple of months how quality teens or 19/20 years olds who were not part of Amuneke's Flying Eagles would emerge from our local league.

Sebi I thought the NFF once mentioned Zaharadeen Bello as the likely captain of the 2017 Flying Eagles. I dnt think Amuneke even invited him. He is not an Amuneke's boy but a Manu Garba's boy.

Amunike inviting hundreds of players to camp is beyond stories when the camp was full of players with coaches watching and screening. It was a process, publicly announced.

You chose to ignore the fact that this set was the most abandoned football teams of Nigeria. Leave inviting players. These boys were close to slaves. Manu Garba's U17 boys used to walk long distances to villages to charge their phones.

Amunike boys were not poor as you make them. They beat the Olympics team repeatedly. That is enough to tell you they were good players.

Unfortunately, the neglect got to them.

I remember warning about Manu boys repeatedly here. They slept in darkness a lot. Yet no cries.

Amunike's boys were the same boys beating Azubuike and Etebo. How many U20 boys will beat the Olympics team.

Westerhof invited over a hundred footballers to camp after Tunisia '94. Will you say he was bias when most of the players who made it to USA' 94 were part of the Tunisia '94 squad. If Amunike wanted to just play his boys, he would not organize the camp in the first place.

This was a case of neglect, not talent.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Icon4s(m): 4:55am On Sep 12, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Amunike inviting hundreds of players to camp is beyond stories when the camp was full of players with coaches watching and screening. It was a process, publicly announced.

You chose to ignore the fact that this set was the most abandoned football teams of Nigeria. Leave inviting players. These boys were close to slaves. Manu Garba's U17 boys used to walk long distances to villages to charge their phones.

Amunike boys were not poor as you make them. They beat the Olympics team repeatedly. That is enough to tell you they were good players.

Unfortunately, the neglect got to them.

I remember warning about Manu boys repeatedly here. They slept in darkness a lot. Yet no cries.

Amunike's boys were the same boys beating Azubuike and Etebo. How many U20 boys will beat the Olympics team.

Westerhof invited over a hundred footballers to camp after Tunisia '94. Will you say he was bias when most of the players who made it to USA' 94 were part of the Tunisia '94 squad. If Amunike wanted to just play his boys, he would not organize the camp in the first place.

This was a case of neglect, not talent.

Etebo and Azubuike were busy with their clubs as it was not end of season when those friendlies with Flying Eagles were played.

As for the Amuneke's Flying Eagles, I started asking questions when they managed narrow wins against Burundi in both legs. Even in the first leg of the Sudan game, they came from a goal down and scored 2 late goald to get the win.An U19/20 team where all the players were 16-17 years olds. All academy players. The oldest amongst them being Kelechi Nwakali just turned 18 a few weeks ago. Osimhen will have to wait till December before he turns 18. That team was grossly lacking in experience for an U20 side!

So because they boycotted training for 3 days that is why Sudan should be putting 4goals past them? And Osimhen should be scoring an own goal?

They were leading 3-2 at a point in that game which is still the narrow margin I have been complaining about. U dnt at this stage of the journey be struggling to defeat teams like Burundi and Sudan and you expect to win the WYC.

Invited 600 players and only one (nicknamed Paul Scholes) could break into the starting 11? I say watch out in the next couple of months as some quality 18,19, 20 years old players would be making waves in the NPFL.

And please don't make comparison with the Super Eagles of '94. BTW where did you get that info that Westerhorf invited hundreds of players for camping before the '94 world cup?
I can vividly tell you that what happened was that some people in some quarters were clamouring for the inclusion of certain players in the national team. They started calling the team a mafia of players from a certain Region of the country. Just like how some labelled Keshi's 2013 team an Igbo team.

I remember vividly in one of Westerhorf's interview where he said "people keep telling me there is this player that deserves to be in the Team. But I would ask them is he better than Finidi, is he better than Amuneke? Is he batter than Amokachi, Yekini or Okocha? And the person says no. So why does he deserve to be in the Team?".

Westerhoff had to invite some players to join the ALREADY ESTABLISHED Super Eagles squad. Those new invitees were not even up to 50 not to talk of being "hundreds".

The NFF should not promote any Former U17 coach with the Team any more. It has never worked for us. They would always want to profit from fielding "their boys" at the detriment of 170million Nigerians.

Amuneke na my guy but that would not stop me from treating his fukk-up. I learnt he is back to training school. Good for him and Nigerian football. Sure he has learnt from his last failure.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by enomakos(m): 9:09am On Sep 12, 2016
Good to be here

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:14am On Sep 12, 2016
Icon4s:

Etebo and Azubuike were busy with their clubs as it was not end of season when those friendlies with Flying Eagles were played.

As for the Amuneke's Flying Eagles, I started asking questions when they managed narrow wins against Burundi in both legs. Even in the first leg of the Sudan game, they came from a goal down and scored 2 late goald to get the win.An U19/20 team where all the players were 16-17 years olds. All academy players. The oldest amongst them being Kelechi Nwakali just turned 18 a few weeks ago. Osimhen will have to wait till December before he turns 18. That team was grossly lacking in experience for an U20 side!

So because they boycotted training for 3 days that is why Sudan should be putting 4goals past them? And Osimhen should be scoring an own goal?

They were leading 3-2 at a point in that game which is still the narrow margin I have been complaining about. U dnt at this stage of the journey be struggling to defeat teams like Burundi and Sudan and you expect to win the WYC.

Invited 600 players and only one (nicknamed Paul Scholes) could break into the starting 11? I say watch out in the next couple of months as some quality 18,19, 20 years old players would be making waves in the NPFL.

And please don't make comparison with the Super Eagles of '94. BTW where did you get that info that Westerhorf invited hundreds of players for camping before the '94 world cup?
I can vividly tell you that what happened was that some people in some quarters were clamouring for the inclusion of certain players in the national team. They started calling the team a mafia of players from a certain Region of the country. Just like how some labelled Keshi's 2013 team an Igbo team.

I remember vividly in one of Westerhorf's interview where he said "people keep telling me there is this player that deserves to be in the Team. But I would ask them is he better than Finidi, is he better than Amuneke? Is he batter than Amokachi, Yekini or Okocha? And the person says no. So why does he deserve to be in the Team?".

Westerhoff had to invite some players to join the ALREADY ESTABLISHED Super Eagles squad. Those new invitees were not even up to 50 not to talk of being "hundreds".

The NFF should not promote any Former U17 coach with the Team any more. It has never worked for us. They would always want to profit from fielding "their boys" at the detriment of 170million Nigerians.

Amuneke na my guy but that would not stop me from treating his fukk-up. I learnt he is back to training school. Good for him and Nigerian football. Sure he has learnt from his last failure.

Westerhofs case, I did not say hundreds but over a hundred. I also remember. There was a first process before they had about 50 players. It was a process before the final camping. I remember this statement that we are sure we are going with the best in the country. When you hear me talk of Full Camp, it is from Westerhof I noticed it.

You keep removing that the boys were abandoned. So the grumblings and lack of devotion was already on. So talking of poor results before the Sudan game does not change the point. From the U17, these boys were Abandoned. AMUNIKE told them, win this world cup and their lives will change. They won it and nothing. Absolutely nothing.

So the grumblings was wrong and coupled with the bad results. Talent wise, they were good and the repeated beating of the Olympics team showed it.

Avoiding camp was when the boys lost it. You think Siasia is joking when he said, no water to drink.

Scholes made it into the first team. If Amunike saw better talents that suited him, they would break in.

The point is, Amunike screened lots of players. He did not just say his boys.

If bunches of 17 and 18 years old boys beat the Olympics team repeatedly, then they are special and we should not waste them.

Even if they were 19 and 20 years, the abandon would affect the team.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:28am On Sep 12, 2016
Icon4s:

Before we write off our U17 coaches from continuity, let us give them proper preparation. Planning matters.

We knew Amunike's team rely a lot on holding the ball with heavy possession. How they ended up on a waterlogged pitch shows how behind we are in preparation.

There is a chance other players might spring up that were not part of these guys. This can be due to the players thriving in a different style. Amunike selected boys who are good in keeping the ball and passing.

I really liked that team. Sad NFF chose to abandon them.

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by terzurum5(m): 11:12am On Sep 12, 2016
Petrobros:
Bia Icon4s vs TheGoodJoe.

Dem just dey open new thread today-today una don baptize am with una argument.
The thread don run reach 2nd page.

I may not comment regularly but I follow regularly.
All the same well done guys. I love the spirit.
Laughing at you in 3D gringringringrin

3 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BlackAlbino6(m): 11:53am On Sep 12, 2016
joseph1013:
I'm still trying to find the words to coin the title of the thread, but the objective is simple: This is a thread to discuss the progress of our young players abroad, just like Orkpekyandega suggested.

With the inability of our U17 and U20 players to qualify for the continental, and subsequently global, competitions, the former threads have been rendered inactive. This means that we are poised to miss the emergence of another generation of very promising players in the mould of Iheanacho, Isaac Success, Osimhen, Nwakali etc, but this thread aims to scout the ones who are fortunate enough to find themselves abroad and thus distinguishing themselves.

Welcome

cc: Icon4s, TheGoodJoe, TheSuperNerd, Forgiveness, Safarigirl, tbaba1234, zoboizee, Mickael2, Napoleon55, Lordabas, goldfish80, enomakos, Daninya11, zuchyblink, CFCFan, Blackalbino6, Terzurum5, Confun, irondome, Pavarotti, OdenigboAroli, apologies if I omit your name.
Am in already.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BlackAlbino6(m): 11:53am On Sep 12, 2016
[size=14pt]
Godwin Saviour scores to inspire Belgian club to away win
[/size]

Godwin Saviour fires Belgian club to first win of season

Nigeria forward Godwin Saviour opened scoring for Belgian club KSV Roeselare as they recorded a massive 2-1 away win at front runners Lommel United.

The win lifted Roeselare off the foot of the table with five points from as many matches, while Lommel stay in second place on eight points.

It was also their first win of the season.

Saviour, who has represented Nigeria at U17, U20 and Olympic team levels, scored his first goal after 28 minutes, when he controlled a loose ball inside the box before he fired home.

Lommel then drew level seven minutes, before Roeselare grabbed the match winner on the hour.

Last week, Saviour made his debut in a 4-1 thrashing at Tubize.

On Saturday, they will be home to Cercle Brugge.

http://africanfootball.com/news/646470/Godwin-Saviour-scores-to-inspire-Belgian-club-to-away-win

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:05pm On Sep 12, 2016
I was actually thinking about what becomes of our U20 since they didn't qualify for the youth world cup. I feel we should appoint a coach that will keep these guys together as the grow. I mean,we can still use these bunch for the next one.

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:09pm On Sep 12, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
Nice vision.

I am down with this. I hope we do not waste Amunike's U20 boys and Manu Garba's boys who failed to qualify for the U17. We need much talented players as possible.

I hope the NFF gives Manu Garba the next U20 job. So he can continue with his lads. Please, NFF, support the players. The way we abandoned them this time showed in the results.

Biko,keep Manu Garba out of this. The guy lacks tactical know-how. Amunike should continue,he is more equipped.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by forgiveness: 1:19pm On Sep 12, 2016
undecided shocked angry grin lipsrsealed
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:20pm On Sep 12, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

Biko,keep Manu Garba out of this. The guy lacks tactical know-how. Amunike should continue,he is more equipped.

Manu Garba, lacks tactical know-how and you believe this. Watch Super Six again or just the highlights and see how he used some teenagers to outplay senior club members in our local League.

When he met Siasia's Dream Team, his U20 team put up a brilliant tactical show against the Dream Team. To me, the match of the tournament was that second leg between the Dream Team And the Flying Eagles.

That same team won the African Youth Championship. The man is a brilliant Tactician.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:23pm On Sep 12, 2016
OdenigboAroli:
I was actually thinking about what becomes of our U20 since they didn't qualify for the youth world cup. I feel we should appoint a coach that will keep these guys together as the grow. I mean,we can still use these bunch for the next one.

If not funds, we should play friendlies with the top teams that qualified for the World Youth Championship. Scouts would monitor and it will expose our young talents.

The qualified teams will gladly accept to play us. Especially the European teams who prepare diligently for competitions like this.

Unfortunately, we are cashed strapped.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:04am On Sep 13, 2016
Arsenal Loanee Nwakali Debuts For MVV
Wearing Iconic Number Ten Jersey

Nigeria U20 international Kelechi Nwakali made his debut for MVV Maastricht on Monday, September 12, two days after his arrival in the
Netherlands from London.

The Arsenal loanee played the first half of Jong MVV Maastricht’s 2-0 loss to Jong FC Eindhoven in a friendly fixture at Stadion de Geusselt.

Nwakali played as an attacking midfielder and
was wearing the number ten jersey for the youth team of MVV.

The 18-year-old is in line to make his competitive debut in three days time when MVV tackle Jong Ajax in the Eerste Divisie.

The Diamond Academy product is spending the
remainder of the 2016-2017 campaign on loan at the Dutch second-tier club.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=20427

2 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:09am On Sep 13, 2016
NIGERIA SET FOR INTERNATIONAL BATTLE
WITH HOLLAND OVER SUPER TEEN
NWANKWO

The international future of Dutch wonderkid Nigel Ogidi Nwankwo is sure going to spark a war between Nigeria and the Netherlands going by recent reports gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com.

17 year old Nwankwo plays for the U-19s of Dutch side ADO Den Haag and has been tip to represent the Netherlands at U-17 level but recent reports suggest contacts has been established with Nigeria where his parents hail from.

We gathered one of his family member sounded
out his Nigerian roots to a member of the football family in Nigeria who has now set the wheel in motion to lure the talented teen to Nigeria.

Comfortable as a left full back,winger or central
defender he is regarded as one of the best left full back under the age of 18 in the Netherlands
according to a report on Haaglandenvoetbal.nl.

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have been
very busy of late luring talented players with
Nigerian roots to switch allegiance to the Nigeria
national team and so far they are making efforts
to woo England youth internationals Chuba
Akpom and Moses Odubajo.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/09/12/nigeria-set-for-international-battle-with-holland-over-super-teen-nwankwo/

2 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:14am On Sep 13, 2016
GERMANY AHEAD OF NIGERIA IN THE RACE
TO CAP UDUOKHAI

The chances of Nigeria capping highly rated 1860 Munich teen prospect Felix Uduokhai, ahead of Germany has taken a hit with the defender now a main stay with the Under-19s of the World Champions.

The Nigeria Football Federation has been involved in talks with parents of players eligible for Nigeria, who are based abroad and has succeeded in luring Arsenal teen star Alex Iwobi from England.

However, any move for Uduokhai to switch
allegiance to the West African Nation was laid to
rest when his fine performances for the U-18 of
1860 Munich earned him a call up to the German Under-19s.

He made his debut in November and with reports of an extended role in the first team of the second division team next season, he could make the step up to the German Under-21s, before the end of the year.

In January, the 18 year old snubbed an offer from Bayern Munich to sign professional terms with 1860 Munich. The team he has been with since he was 8 year old, with 50 appearances to his name for the various youth ranks of the team.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/09/12/germany-ahead-of-nigeria-in-the-race-to-cap-uduokhai/

2 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:19am On Sep 13, 2016
Nigerian Messi, Ogo Obi, Stars But Watford
Lose To Burnley In Premier League Cup

Three players of Nigerian descent were in action
at Turf Moor as Burnley advanced to the group
stage of the Premier League Cup thanks to their
2-0 win over Watford on Monday afternoon.

Ogo Obi, hailed as the Nigerian Messi, and fellow striker Ola Adeyemo made the Hornets starting line-up, while Morakinyo Koiki was included in the Clarets teamsheet.

On 28 minutes, defender Kevin Long was
dismissed for a foul on Obi when the Nigerian was about pulling the trigger.

Four minutes before the intermission, Obi had a
chance to keep his team level, but his feeble shot did not trouble goalkeeper Pope.

Three minutes into the second half, Ola Adeyemo saw his effort blocked as the visitors searched for an equalizer, and they were made to pay for their missed chances when Patrick Bamford converted a spot kick after he was fouled in the 75th minute.

Jimmy Dunne gave Burnley the lead as early as
the fourth minute when he headed home a
deflected free-kick from close range.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=20424

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Why Footballers Get Cautioned When They Take Of Their Shirt To Celebrate A Goal? / Ronaldo Dragged After Super Cup Loss. Pictures! / Barcelona Players Receive Customized Iphone 11 Pro Max As Christmas Gifts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.