Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,781 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Why Should I Pay Tithe To My Pastor????????????????????? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Should I Pay Tithe To My Pastor????????????????????? (704 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should I Pay Tithe To My Pastor????????????????????? by frubben(m): 3:34pm On Sep 11, 2016
The only people permitted to collect tithe in the bible are the "LEVITE", because they don't marry, own any property, have any job or give birth.
So let's really follow the bible and be obedient. Our business men of now, give birth, own fleet of cars, born full everywhere so why should I disobey the bible huh??

#learnfromdbible
Re: Why Should I Pay Tithe To My Pastor????????????????????? by ZKOSOSO(m): 3:36pm On Sep 11, 2016
They Marry like any other tribe in Israel.....
Re: Why Should I Pay Tithe To My Pastor????????????????????? by MuttleyLaff: 4:55pm On Sep 11, 2016
frubben:
The only people permitted to collect tithe in the bible are the "LEVITE",
because they don't marry, own any property, have any job or give birth.

So let's really follow the bible and be obedient.
Our business men of now, give birth, own fleet of cars, born full everywhere so why should I disobey the bible huh??

#learnfromdbible
The correct information learnt from the bible is that John the Baptist's dad who was a Levite was married
He had a job albeit not gainful employment or entrepreneurial ones but served in the temple performing priestly service before God
He gave birth to John the Baptist
Re: Why Should I Pay Tithe To My Pastor????????????????????? by frubben(m): 5:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
The correct information learnt from the bible is that John the Baptist's dad who was a Levite was married
He had a job albeit not gainful employment or entrepreneurial ones but served in the temple performing priestly service before God
He gave birth to John the Baptist
Scriptural back sir, would be glad
Re: Why Should I Pay Tithe To My Pastor????????????????????? by MuttleyLaff: 6:28pm On Sep 11, 2016
frubben:
Scriptural backing sir, would be glad
1This is how Aaron’s descendants, the priests, were divided into groups for service.
The sons of Aaron were Nadab, Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar.
2But Nadab and Abihu died before their father, and they had no sons. So only Eleazar and Ithamar were left to carry on as priests.
3With the help of Zadok, who was a descendant of Eleazar, and of Ahimelech, who was a descendant of Ithamar, David divided Aaron’s descendants into groups according to their various duties.
4Eleazar’s descendants were divided into sixteen groups and Ithamar’s into eight, for there were more family leaders among the descendants of Eleazar.
5All tasks were assigned to the various groups by means of sacred lots so that no preference would be shown, for there were many qualified officials serving God in the sanctuary from among the descendants of both Eleazar and Ithamar.
6Shemaiah son of Nethanel, a Levite, acted as secretary and wrote down the names and assignments in the presence of the king, the officials, Zadok the priest, Ahimelech son of Abiathar, and the family leaders of the priests and Levites.
The descendants of Eleazar and Ithamar took turns casting lots.
7The first lot fell to Jehoiarib.The second lot fell to Jedaiah.
8The third lot fell to Harim.The fourth lot fell to Seorim.
9The fifth lot fell to Malkijah.The sixth lot fell to Mijamin.
10The seventh lot fell to Hakkoz. The eighth lot fell to Abijah
- 1 Chronicles 24:1-10

5When Herod was king of Judea, there was a Jewish priest named Zechariah.
He was a member of the priestly order of Abijah, and his wife, Elizabeth, was also from the priestly line of Aaron.
6Zechariah and Elizabeth were righteous in God’s eyes, careful to obey all of the Lord’s commandments and regulations.
7They had no children because Elizabeth was unable to conceive, and they were both very old.
8One day Zechariah was serving God in the Temple, for his order was on duty that week.
9As was the custom of the priests, he was chosen by lot to enter the sanctuary of the Lord and burn incense.
10While the incense was being burned, a great crowd stood outside, praying.
11While Zechariah was in the sanctuary, an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing to the right of the incense altar.
12Zechariah was shaken and overwhelmed with fear when he saw him.
13But the angel said,
“Don’t be afraid, Zechariah! God has heard your prayer. Your wife, Elizabeth, will give you a son, and you are to name him John
- Luke 1:5-13

John the Baptist's parents are both from the tribe of Levi
Everything else you wrote is 110% correct except for the marriage, procreation and ''job'' oversight
Re: Why Should I Pay Tithe To My Pastor????????????????????? by frubben(m): 6:40pm On Sep 11, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
1This is how Aaron’s descendants, the priests, were divided into groups for service.
The sons of Aaron were Nadab, Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar.
2But Nadab and Abihu died before their father, and they had no sons. So only Eleazar and Ithamar were left to carry on as priests.
3With the help of Zadok, who was a descendant of Eleazar, and of Ahimelech, who was a descendant of Ithamar, David divided Aaron’s descendants into groups according to their various duties.
4Eleazar’s descendants were divided into sixteen groups and Ithamar’s into eight, for there were more family leaders among the descendants of Eleazar.
5All tasks were assigned to the various groups by means of sacred lots so that no preference would be shown, for there were many qualified officials serving God in the sanctuary from among the descendants of both Eleazar and Ithamar.
6Shemaiah son of Nethanel, a Levite, acted as secretary and wrote down the names and assignments in the presence of the king, the officials, Zadok the priest, Ahimelech son of Abiathar, and the family leaders of the priests and Levites.
The descendants of Eleazar and Ithamar took turns casting lots.
7The first lot fell to Jehoiarib.The second lot fell to Jedaiah.
8The third lot fell to Harim.The fourth lot fell to Seorim.
9The fifth lot fell to Malkijah.The sixth lot fell to Mijamin.
10The seventh lot fell to Hakkoz. The eighth lot fell to Abijah
- 1 Chronicles 24:1-10

5When Herod was king of Judea, there was a Jewish priest named Zechariah.
He was a member of the priestly order of Abijah, and his wife, Elizabeth, was also from the priestly line of Aaron.
6Zechariah and Elizabeth were righteous in God’s eyes, careful to obey all of the Lord’s commandments and regulations.
7They had no children because Elizabeth was unable to conceive, and they were both very old.
8One day Zechariah was serving God in the Temple, for his order was on duty that week.
9As was the custom of the priests, he was chosen by lot to enter the sanctuary of the Lord and burn incense.
10While the incense was being burned, a great crowd stood outside, praying.
11While Zechariah was in the sanctuary, an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing to the right of the incense altar.
12Zechariah was shaken and overwhelmed with fear when he saw him.
13But the angel said,
“Don’t be afraid, Zechariah! God has heard your prayer. Your wife, Elizabeth, will give you a son, and you are to name him John
- Luke 1:5-13

John the Baptist's parents are both from the tribe of Levi
Everything else you wrote is 110% correct except for the marriage, procreation and ''job'' oversight

Hmmmm very revealing, that's wat I love to see, scriptural proof of the birth aspect. Tanks
Re: Why Should I Pay Tithe To My Pastor????????????????????? by MuttleyLaff: 1:29pm On Sep 18, 2016
frubben:
Hmmmm very revealing, that's wat I love to see, scriptural proof of the birth aspect. Tanks
You're welcome, our people hace been mind enslaved so long so keep up the ''free your mind'' work
Re: Why Should I Pay Tithe To My Pastor????????????????????? by frubben(m): 3:07pm On Sep 18, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
You're welcome, our people hace been mind enslaved so long so keep up the ''free your mind'' work
thanks a lot I will

(1) (Reply)

Watch Salvation Ministries Social Contribution To The Society. Video / Know This Now. / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 31/10/16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.