Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,397 members, 7,808,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Asp.net Problem Please Help Someone Out. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Asp.net Problem Please Help Someone Out. (765 Views)

C# - Capturing File Name From A FileUpload Control In Asp.net / Tutorial: How To Return Html In Json Response Using Asp.net And Jquery / My Squid Server Is Problem Please Give Me New Configuration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asp.net Problem Please Help Someone Out. by ToyosiR(f): 11:09am On Oct 08, 2009
HELLO ALL,
I AV A FORM OF JUST TWO CONTROL FOR INSTANCE.

A TEXTBOX AND A BUTTON

IMMEDIATELY U TYPE IN ANYTHING IN THE TEXTBOX THE BUTTON SHOULD BE VISIBLE AND AS U ARE DELETING IT IF U DELETE THE LAST LETTER THEN THE BUTTON SHOULD BE INVISIBLE. WITHOUT THE USER LEAVING THE TEXTBOX.
Re: Asp.net Problem Please Help Someone Out. by Kobojunkie: 1:22pm On Oct 08, 2009
You need to use JavaScript/Ajax/JQuery etc to listen for the TextChanged Event of the TextBox Or you can use the serverside TextChanged event of the text box in this case. When the length of the text in the textbox is zero, you enable or disable the textbox.
Re: Asp.net Problem Please Help Someone Out. by ToyosiR(f): 2:21pm On Oct 08, 2009
Kobojunkie:

You need to use JavaScript/Ajax/JQuery etc to listen for the TextChanged Event of the TextBox Or you can use the serverside TextChanged event of the text box in this case. When the length of the text in the textbox is zero, you enable or disable the textbox.

Yes I used the textchange event but the event does not fire until i press tab to leave the textbox which i dont want. I want it to immediately take effect as the user is typing.

I dont really know how to use javascript for this u might help me out with it.

tanks very much.
Re: Asp.net Problem Please Help Someone Out. by Kobojunkie: 12:41pm On Oct 09, 2009
a) You said the textchanged event does not fire. Did you set AUTOPOSTBACK property to true?

b) You can use JQuery, which in my opinion, is a simply and easier approach to coding JavaScript, for developers who do not want to spend all that time learning JavaScript. It is pretty straightforward too.
Re: Asp.net Problem Please Help Someone Out. by ToyosiR(f): 4:11pm On Oct 09, 2009
thanks so much, i so much appreciate ur concern

av been able to solve it with javascript.

thanks

but now am aving another challenge

in asp.net there is no autosize for label property and i want to make it the size of text at runtime. is this possible?

any help will be appreciated
Re: Asp.net Problem Please Help Someone Out. by skillworks(m): 4:34pm On Oct 09, 2009
Kobojunkie,

I have a smaller problem with ASP.NET. I want my web application to be able to get the entries made by users on an ASP.NET form to be able to report to an SQL database.
I want an easy way to do this. Some other folks have been kind to suggest other methods, however I found those methods a little difficult.

Please suggest an easy method to do this.

skillworks.
Re: Asp.net Problem Please Help Someone Out. by Kobojunkie: 4:44pm On Oct 09, 2009
Toyosi R:

thanks so much, i so much appreciate your concern

av been able to solve it with javascript.

thanks

but now am aving another challenge

in asp.net there is no autosize for label property and i want to make it the size of text at runtime. is this possible?

any help will be appreciated
a) You can, in the PageLoad event set the size of your label

b) You can, using CSS styling, set the size of your label
Re: Asp.net Problem Please Help Someone Out. by Kobojunkie: 4:48pm On Oct 09, 2009
skillworks:

Kobojunkie,

I have a smaller problem with ASP.NET. I want my web application to be able to get the entries made by users on an ASP.NET form to be able to report to an SQL database.
I want an easy way to do this. Some other folks have been kind to suggest other methods, however I found those methods a little difficult.
Please suggest an easy method to do this.
skillworks.

When you say report, you mean save, right?

a) ADO.NET
b) Enterprise Library etc

Not exactly sure what it is exactly that you need help with cause you would need to have table(s) to save the info to, a query to facilitate saving of data to the tables in the database, you need to write code to port the data from your form to the data technology to handle the saving.

(1) (Reply)

Blackplanet Puzzles / Needing Assitance As Intended Progammer To Be. / Systems!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.