Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm (43161 Views)

Enugu Mosque Fire: Ohanaeze Visits Muslim Community, Appeals For Calm / British Government Calls For Biafra Referendum With Osinbajo PICS / Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm by kenx1(m): 9:16am On Sep 12, 2016
Poor mining techniques might be a contributing factor
Re: Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 12, 2016
This news has proved my brother right. He has been parroting NEMA findings of earthquakes hitting the country especially the southern region in the near future like an endtime prophet. This and the case of tremors which happened in Bayelsa recently but was not announced by our useless media because it was not political news keep strengthening his resolve the bigger danger is soon to come. True to his prediction the government is not taking the matter serious in the same way it wouldn't when the genocide-level earthquake(s) ultimately takes place.

1 Like

Re: Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm by ehissi(m): 9:18am On Sep 12, 2016
shaddoww:
If na obodo oyinbo nao, dey 4 don give warning. But Naija, we just get professors for nothing ni

This is where you are wrong. They had been warnings since the Yar adua administration. Do your research on google and you will confirm what I have said.

The oil activities off shore are largely responsible for these tremors (note I said tremors because it is not yet substantial enough to be called an earthquake) and it starts all the way frokm Saki in Oyo state up to Kaduna - the tremor there is even worse than Kaduna).

I am aware that as at last 3 weeks Kaduna had been put red alert for earth tremors. The problem is that it hasn't cost government any serious damage or loss of life and that is why they just relax................

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm by DrHighchief(m): 9:19am On Sep 12, 2016
salients:
This is serious, KSG should waste no time in consulting the service of seismologist for professional advice and avert loss of live to this disaster.

This is indeed a natural disaster that cannot be averted by human techniques but swift action is needed to save lives of people living that area

NEMA too should be at alert!
Good intellectual writeup. The best writeup I have seen on nairaland. Kudos to u.
Re: Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm by wristbangle: 9:20am On Sep 12, 2016
charix:

If I tell you to prove this now you'd act like the others and either take a one day hiatus or deactivate your account.

Lol, but u know am saying the truth.
Re: Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm by wristbangle: 9:21am On Sep 12, 2016
HIPROFILE:

Yes naaaa...same way GEJ was blamed for everything even till now buhari himself still blame GEJ .....if nat that it would sound so absurd APC for even blame GEJ for this..ooo

sadsad
Re: Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 9:22am On Sep 12, 2016
Too much activities that can cause disasters this days: bore-hole drilling,the massive excavation of the earth in a bid to find the non-existent crude oil deposit in the north,off-shore crude oil exploitation,etc.May God save us.

1 Like

Re: Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm by socrates007: 9:24am On Sep 12, 2016
The America fat boy(first atomic. bomb)produces a sound which reviberated about 3times accross the world.This one reccently tested by Nkorea is far lethal than that,and it was blasted underground .littlle wonder earthquakes and tremor are om the increase thisdays.
Re: Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm by chrisBenSunny: 9:24am On Sep 12, 2016
This is serious.....

1 Like

Re: Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm by waltinnovers: 9:24am On Sep 12, 2016
As I started reading some comments, some people missed it and as I read on I found out that some wise ones have really hit the point.

All I need to say is that someone close to the governor should advice him to go apologize to the only living God and ask for mercy for blasphemy and standing on his way not to save is one.

Other people can fight and kill for their gods because their gods are weak just like Baal and dagun but our God is a consuming fire and He answers by fire, He can fight for Himself and for His people.

what happened is kaduna is a sign that God have heard the worship, praises, cry and prayers of His people over what El Rufai done on them.

God have just arose, He just stood up for war and when God stands up for war, it always start with earthquake like this within the area He has target.

God is also a merciful God, if I were the governor, I ask for mercy within 24hrs.

Generally, not one should try or challenge Almighty God because He is God

2 Likes

Re: Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm by Kingzy4pep(m): 9:26am On Sep 12, 2016
Present economic disaster plus natural disaster will be too much for us.

1 Like

Re: Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm by LorDBolton(m): 9:26am On Sep 12, 2016
Hmmm many comments here actually make me want earthquakes to start hitting naija

Maybe it'll rid us of many idiots here and also challenge us sane individuals to solve problems.

Imagine people saying endtime or GOD is angry with el Rufai? If we count the number of hurricanes /tornadoes typhoons, gale, earthquakes that have hit white men by now they should all be dead...yet they're alive and still dominating.

It's sad most Nigerians and africans still think like slaves

1 Like

Re: Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 12, 2016
wristbangle:

Lol, but u know am saying the truth.
Your assurance doesn't resemble a link to the story. You've been here long enough to know how to convince others to believe your opinion.
Re: Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm by HMZi: 9:27am On Sep 12, 2016
Chai 4 this buhari period..damn

1 Like

Re: Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm by gemale(m): 9:27am On Sep 12, 2016
E b lyk say God don stop 2 dey pity us 4 ds con3. Nw e b lyk say im go start dey gv us d treatment wey im dey gv oda pple wey dey Asia, America & Europe. God no gv us problem b4 bt na we we carry our hand gv ourselves problem. Abi na God cause problems lyk corruption, widespread poverty, underdevelopement, ethnic & religious bigotry etc? Nw e look lyk say im don lose im chill. Lyk play, we fit start dey xpernce disasters lyk wildfire, tsunami, hurricane, typhoon, heatwave etc wey dem dey get 4 obodo oyibo.
Re: Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 9:33am On Sep 12, 2016
Spiritual influence(which is probable due to the evil perpetrated there) apart,experts have warned that bad things might start to happen due to the number of bore-holes drilled in nigeria.
Re: Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm by wristbangle: 9:39am On Sep 12, 2016
charix:

Your assurance doesn't resemble a link to the story. You've been here long enough to know how to convince others to believe your opinion.

It's a real life occurrence. It didn't happen online. cool
Re: Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm by Azord(m): 9:39am On Sep 12, 2016
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
I rushed into the thread expecting to find some so called leaders of tomorrow blaming buhari for this natural disaster; I was not disappointed!
Like say na buhari dey cause natural disaster.
Re: Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm by barackodam: 9:59am On Sep 12, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I live in California and within a few feet of San Andrea fault. I also lived in Texas and right in tornado alley. I say this as a preface to show that I'm in tuned to nature and her destructive powers.

I am building two bungalows in Ibadan and I specifically introduced pillars from the foundation up to lintel. Some have called me wasteful and oversabi for daring to use pillars on a bungalow.

Borrowing from SK Oloye, "Ti omode oba debi eru, amasako".

Shifting plates can occur anywhere in the world and we have to be prepared.

wow, you have a strong building down there, but it's better to avoid it, and yes, tectonic plates are shifting.

no matter how strong a building is, quake would still bring it down, at least, for now
Re: Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm by Eleonyeb: 10:01am On Sep 12, 2016
kettle84:
El Rufai, the ground is warming to open and swallow you up for banning the spread of the gospel.
So in your most knowledgeable opinion, when the earthquake happens finally, it will only swallow El-rufai, it won't affect churches, christains and muslims alike.
Chai! I weep for the future of this nation
Re: Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 12, 2016
Never knew an earthquake could occur in Africa especially Nigeria shocked
Re: Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm by OgundeleT(m): 10:19am On Sep 12, 2016
freshness2020:
This is what you get when you want to rub shoulders with God. undecided
This is just a warning signal Mr Governor
God help the citizenry of that state.
and the only way ur god can react is to kill anybody? and beside, which god is behind this? because the law affect all the religion in kaduna
Re: Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 12, 2016
barackodam:

wow, you have a strong building down there, but it's better to avoid it, and yes, tectonic plates are shifting.

no matter how strong a building is, quake would still bring it down , at least, for now

I disagree, you can't build against mother nature but you have to build the strongest structure that you can.

We have earthquake resistant buildings here in California and Japan.

https://www.asme.org/engineering-topics/articles/construction-and-building/made-in-japan-earthquake-proof-homes
Re: Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm by OgundeleT(m): 10:21am On Sep 12, 2016
ibkgab001:
God of vengeance at work
that god is useless for readying to kill people that know nothing
Re: Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm by caprini1: 10:27am On Sep 12, 2016
lanreni:

True. But I don't think it would ever be very strong, judging by our own tectonic plates. but i feel the tremors would spread to the south also. its what will be on top that i fear for. a fresh survey must be carried out to determine areas that will be affected nex time. it is very likely it has been happening at undetectable levels before now. the challenge boils down to DATA. the earlier we set up equiped data centres across the country the better. we must be able to map tanzania's event with kaduna's.
The truth is better data can only be cumulated if universities are involved with intensive researches,but unfortunately our schools are just a place to go through to have a certificate for job seeking after school.
Re: Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm by OgundeleT(m): 10:27am On Sep 12, 2016
waltinnovers:
[s]As I started reading some comments, some people missed it and as I read on I found out that some wise ones have really hit the point.

All I need to say is that someone close to the governor should advice him to go apologize to the only living God and ask for mercy for blasphemy and standing on his way not to save is one.

Other people can fight and kill for their gods because their gods are weak just like Baal and dagun but our God is a consuming fire and He answers by fire, He can fight for Himself and for His people.

what happened is kaduna is a sign that God have heard the worship, praises, cry and prayers of His people over what El Rufai done on them.

God have just arose, He just stood up for war and when God stands up for war, it always start with earthquake like this within the area He has target.

God is also a merciful God, if I were the governor, I ask for mercy within 24hrs.

Generally, not one should try or challenge Almighty God because He is God[/s]
beautiful nonsense from ignoramus
Re: Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm by samsung007(m): 10:34am On Sep 12, 2016
just passing by

but all d same sha....we should pray for God intervention

1 Like

Re: Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm by Hysmady(m): 10:34am On Sep 12, 2016
As time goes on,things change anywhere on earth...People buhari are nothing but fools...Awon ode... undecided
Re: Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm by olawalepopoola: 10:39am On Sep 12, 2016
barackodam:

it's southern Nigeria first, and even South Western Nigeria precisely.....

please read this article, very informative but also very long. but trust me, you'll enjoy it, read it last month......

http://punchng.com/saki-living-fear-nigerias-biggest-earthquake/
Who says Earthquake in Nigeria cannot be strong. My friend out of all the countries in West Africa, only Ghana is safely on stable craton. Nigeria isn't on a stable craton. Don't also forget that although the Benue Trough is a failed arm of a rift system (RRF) it can be reactivated at anytime. A major fault system runs from SW to NE. A current study I carried on a schist zone (Kaduna is also on schist zone), shows that fractures and joints in these areas are reactivated during the Pan-African Orogeny (mountain building process).
The location of Nigeria directly to the East of the Cameroon volcanoes is another major concern. These volcanoes might be on their way to be rejuvenated.
Incessant drilling of boreholes is a major problem. These boreholes penetrate fault and fracture systems causing a re-activation of movement. Government should Drilling 1 borehole per community or make our public water system efficient.
Re: Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm by barackodam: 10:39am On Sep 12, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I disagree, you can't build against mother nature but you have to build the strongest structure that you can.

We have earthquake resistant buildings here in California and Japan.

https://www.asme.org/engineering-topics/articles/construction-and-building/made-in-japan-earthquake-proof-homes

I quote......

"But I don't know that if you invested in it that you will have eliminated any problems with earthquakes for your structure."

this is what I'm implying

thanks for the enlightenment tho, at least with time if improved on, we'll be able to build houses that can withstand most quakes and eventually all quakes
Re: Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm by Sirrexninefour(m): 10:42am On Sep 12, 2016
Oh Lord Come To Our Aid, And Make Haste To Help Us!

Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBC Mentions Tony Kabaka As A Cultist Who Worked For APC (2021 Video) / EFCC Arrests Rochas Okorocha For Money Laundering / Governor El-rufai Arrives Kaduna In Style After His Short Holiday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.