Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,553 members, 7,801,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

Richest Local Governments In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Richest Local Governments In Nigeria (56009 Views)

​Enugu LG Election: PDP Wins All 17 Local Governments / Autonomy Of Local Governments In Nigeria: A Notion In Need Of Reiteration / Ondo Election: Official INEC Result Updates In 17 Local Governments - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by slim75d(m): 2:38am On Sep 12, 2016
Richest LGA list in Nigeria
Now when you’ve known about factors that have their
impact on the ratings, we can observe the list of the
wealthiest areas. It contains:

Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by slim75d(m): 2:39am On Sep 12, 2016
1. Obio Akpor. It is the most prosperous Local Government Area. It is situated in the River State (Port Harcourt metropolis). It is one of the leading economic centers of the whole country. Besides, this is a major city of Niger Delta. Its total area is more than 250 sq. km, while the population approaches to 880,000. It is divided into seventeen wards. Among the most widespread natural resources, we can distinguish natural gas and oil. Agricultural sector is also quite popular.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by slim75d(m): 2:40am On Sep 12, 2016
2. Ikeja . It is the second richest LGA in Nigeria. It’s located in the Lagos State. It’s also considered its capital. Before 1980s, it was a commercial town with plenty of department stores, reservation areas, and other things. Then, there was an emergence of military rule. Nowadays it’s a significant city. There is an international airport there as well as the largest mall in the state. Natural gas, coal, wood, and water are the most common resources of the area.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by slim75d(m): 2:41am On Sep 12, 2016
3. Kurmi . It’s situated in the State of Taraba. It is famous for the richness of resources. The soil of the land is very fertile, which gives lots of opportunities to the agricultural sector. They grow various plants, such as rice, bananas, oranges, cocoas, and so on. As you may suppose, the majority of people there are farmers and their produce the greatest part of crops for consumption in the whole country. All the rest are exported, which gives extra money to the area.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by slim75d(m): 2:43am On Sep 12, 2016
4. Esan Central. Located in Edo state, it’s composed by several towns and cities. Its major sector is agriculture. However, people of this land are also engaged into industry. There are lots of hotels, factories, and hospitals there.

14 Likes

Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by slim75d(m): 2:45am On Sep 12, 2016
5. Etinan. This area belongs to Akwa Ibom State. It is thought to be the richest in oil production. It’s famous for crafting and agriculture as well. Besides, it’s the most peaceful territory in the Western Nigeria. These are the richest and most prosperous regions of the country. There used to be more of them, however, particular factors, like Civil War, have affected them. Now you know a bit more about the politics in Nigeria and the principles of country division. There are many LGAs in this state. They are not equally developed. There exist those, which are wealthier than the others are. It is caused by various factors. Natural resources are one of the key reasons.

7 Likes

Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by villareal15(m): 3:01am On Sep 12, 2016
Ikeja!

Ikeja!!

Ikeja!!!

Edit:Obio/Akpor,my area.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by cjrane: 3:24am On Sep 12, 2016
[size=15pt]I don't believe this information is accurate. But i hope it is.

The problem however is the sheer NUMBER of LGAs in northern states.
Kano State for instance has 44 LGAs while Bayelsa has just 8. The average northern state no matter how much desert has taken over the entire place has at least 15 LGA created in the middle of the desert just to collect federal allocation.

So if Bayelsa's 8 LGAs are slightly richer (because they produce oil) than each Kano's LGA, by sheer numbers, Kano with 44 LGAs or Katsina with 34 LGAs still collects more than 500% greater allocation from the federation account on their LGAs alone than Bayelsa could ever hope for.
[/size]

91 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by Standing5(m): 3:59am On Sep 12, 2016
Oshogbo not there?

3 Likes

Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by cckris: 4:42am On Sep 12, 2016
cjrane:
[size=15pt]I don't believe this information is accurate. But i hope it is.

The problem however is the sheer NUMBER of LGAs in northern states.
Kano State for instance has 44 LGAs while Bayelsa has just 8. The average northern state no matter how much desert has taken over the entire place has at least 15 LGA created in the middle of the desert just to collect federal allocation.

So if Bayelsa's 8 LGAs are slightly richer (because they produce oil) than each Kano's LGA, by sheer numbers, Kano with 44 LGAs or Katsina with 34 LGAs still collects more than 500% greater allocation from the federation account on their LGAs alone than Bayelsa could ever hope for.
[/size]
That's what Military Regimes IMPOSED on the Constitution of Nigeria, AND INSIST that this can't be renegotiated. But there're many ways to solve every problem.

25 Likes

Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by LoveMachine(m): 4:51am On Sep 12, 2016
cckris:

That's what Military Regimes IMPOSED on the Constitution of Nigeria, AND INSIST that this can't be renegotiated. But there're many ways to solve every problem.

Now it makes even more sense why people want federalism! Thank you for putting the finishing touches on the issue. You just brought it all together.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:09am On Sep 12, 2016
iRep Etinan boy!

2 Likes

Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by martha89: 5:16am On Sep 12, 2016
slim75d:
4. Esan Central. Located in Edo state, it’s
composed by several towns and cities. Its major
sector is agriculture. However, people of this
land are also engaged into industry. There are
lots of hotels, factories, and hospitals there.
Esan north East!

5 Likes

Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by lionduke(m): 5:24am On Sep 12, 2016
Op you missed Bonny LGA in Rivers State

15 Likes

Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by agwom(m): 5:37am On Sep 12, 2016
hmmm
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by Daniel058(m): 5:58am On Sep 12, 2016
Watch nairalanders packing their loads to that destination. ..

grin WU NO LIKE SUCCESS?

2 Likes

Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by kingphilip(m): 6:07am On Sep 12, 2016
Okay
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by Femich18(m): 6:27am On Sep 12, 2016
what about chibok local govt

2 Likes

Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by manutdrichie(m): 7:15am On Sep 12, 2016
If you visit Etinan LGA with enormous oil wells you will weep, yet the place is peaceful

4 Likes

Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by wristbangle: 7:20am On Sep 12, 2016
Eti- osa LGA ( VI, Ikoyi, Lekki, Ajah) suppose to be there.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by rman: 7:59am On Sep 12, 2016
Alimosho
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by NextGovernor(m): 8:36am On Sep 12, 2016
slim75d:
1. Obio Akpor. It is the most prosperous Local
Government Area. It is situated in the River
State (Port Harcourt metropolis). It is one of the
leading economic centers of the whole country.
Besides, this is a major city of Niger Delta.
Its total area is more than 250 sq. km, while the
population approaches to 880,000. It is divided
into seventeen wards. Among the most
widespread natural resources, we can
distinguish natural gas and oil. Agricultural
sector is also quite popular.

That's true. But this is also the worst LGA in Nigeria. They double tax you and you pay endless taxes. Not only this LG but the whole LGA generally in Port harcourt. They aren't friendly to business starters at all.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by staymore: 8:41am On Sep 12, 2016
What about Apapa in Lagos?

9 Likes

Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by anibi9674: 8:56am On Sep 12, 2016
we need to restructure this country, we can't be in a Democratic era and be using a military constitution.

9 Likes

Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 12, 2016
Y 2014 undecided
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by moscobabs(m): 9:36am On Sep 12, 2016
Ayedire Local Government Ileogbo Osun state

worth Billions of Dollar
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by jubrealguy(m): 9:37am On Sep 12, 2016
untrue
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 12, 2016
undecided undecided

Yet we still live in abject poverty especially in the grassroots.

This Nigeria don tire me.
Which kind recession by this? Things don bad o.God make e no be say one day I go carry caterport dey hunt lizards. Now I can barely cook with good meat. Hey God! The other day I carry soup give out to a woman because I don't have enough cash at home to give her to make pot of soup.

Now a 300 naira fish goes for 500 naira. Me wey I like to chew meat anyhow I dey wake up for middle of night sef enter fridge use knife comot frozen meat, chew till I sleep again, now I'm just a shadow of my broke sef. The day wey I no say garri water don pass river Niger own na the day wey I dey drag fish head with my customer. Isi azu, ori eja! Me ke?
*Before recession
"Madam, which kind embarrassment be this? Why you dey carry fish head put for my nylon?Head wey my mama take dey mix with poison for my neighbour cats wey dey fly fence enter our compound "*my mom go just prepare the last supper with Maggi,salt, crayfish, periwinkles, bitterleaf, scent leaf, curry. Thyme, etc . By the next morning, even mosquitoes sef dey follow join casualties*
"My pikin no vex o,"(removing all the fish heads)

But now*wipes tears*
"But auntie, shebi you know say you wicked? Why una wicked like this? Wetin my fish heads dey do for your table?"

"Ha!you need am?"

"You dey ask me weda I need fish head wey I use my money buy? Fish wey i buy one 500. You still allow devil use you, you separate the head go one side? Between you and buhari , I no no who chop winch pass"

"Hmm Mmm, I no no say you don start to chop fish head na. ...."

"Abeg pack all the heads put inside my kpali, add their blood join, I go drink am"

Seriously, things are going bad o.
The other day I went to shoprite to get Bama mayonnaise . when I saw the price I was shocked. Big bottle that goes for 800-850 now almost 1300. "Shebi if I carry this Bama throw inside my handbag now, dem go catch me call me very Petty pretty thief? "I took blue band instead.

By the one the recession no pain reach the character of our men. Priick get him own brain o. Even for this recession he still dey find food to chop, e no care weda the food get "oyel"inside. E won chop be say e wan chop be that.

24 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu's Trial: DSS Arrests Foreigners For Taking Pictures Of High Court / Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation / Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.