Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

What Agricultural Business Can You Start Up With #60,000 - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What Agricultural Business Can You Start Up With #60,000 (3378 Views)

Your Business Plan For Your Agricultural Business / Promote Your Agricultural Business With A Website Or Blog / 60,000 Naira Per Acre Of Land For Sale In Owode-ogbomosho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Agricultural Business Can You Start Up With #60,000 by irenmwinfo(m): 7:24am On Sep 12, 2016
Agricultural business is known to be lucrative especially now that the country economy is in recession. I just want an idea on which agric business someone can indulge in with a sum of N60,000
Re: What Agricultural Business Can You Start Up With #60,000 by oblo(m): 8:50am On Sep 12, 2016
With sthat amount you can start a small scale rabbit farm. All you need is to build the cages ans get breeding stock. Get their feed and start from there. They are relatively cheap to maintain and with proper care and feeding you would get good returns on your investment.

Check out my thread here on how I started.

https://www.nairaland.com/3187372/kicked-off-small-scale-rabbit

If you have some change left, and some small land available to you you could also get some cucumber, tomatoes, pepper or other fast moving food item( is any thing food slow? grin)

Start a small vegetable farm. Faeces and urine from your rabbits is one of the best organic manure you can lay your hands on and its free!

My own 2 cents. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What Agricultural Business Can You Start Up With #60,000 by irenmwinfo(m): 9:00am On Sep 12, 2016
oblo:
With sthat amount you can start a small scale rabbit farm. All you need is to build the cages ans get breeding stock. Get their feed and start from there. They are relatively cheap to maintain and with proper care and feeding you would get good returns on your investment.

Check out my thread here on how I started.

https://www.nairaland.com/3187372/kicked-off-small-scale-rabbit

If you have some change left, and some small land available to you you could also get some cucumber, tomatoes, pepper or other fast moving food item( is any thing food slow? grin)

Start a small vegetable farm. Faeces and urine from your rabbits is one of the best organic manure you can lay your hands on and its free!

My own 2 cents. cheesy
alright
Re: What Agricultural Business Can You Start Up With #60,000 by lanre316: 9:08am On Sep 12, 2016
With that amount you can buy a plastic fish pond tank and start backyard fish farming, if you plan start small and stock about 150. You will still have leftover money to feed them from juvenile till table size for harvest

www.arkshore.com/tutorials

2 Likes

Re: What Agricultural Business Can You Start Up With #60,000 by irenmwinfo(m): 10:33am On Sep 12, 2016
lanre316:
With that amount you can buy a plastic fish pond tank and start backyard fish farming, if you plan start small and stock about 150. You will still have leftover money to feed them from juvenile till table size for harvest

wow! please what is the current price for such items and like how much is juvenile so i can know the precise number to stock
Re: What Agricultural Business Can You Start Up With #60,000 by irenmwinfo(m): 10:34am On Sep 12, 2016
lanre316:

wow! please what is the current price for such items and like how much is juvenile so i can know the precise numbers to stock
Re: What Agricultural Business Can You Start Up With #60,000 by lanre316: 11:15am On Sep 12, 2016
irenmwinfo:
wow! please what is the current price for such items and like how much is juvenile so i can know the precise numbers to stock

A plastic fish pond tank cost around 15-17k. Juveniles cost around N18-25 per unit. An on average, you will spend about roughly N30,000 to feed about 150 juveniles to maturity. That's a very rough estimate.
Re: What Agricultural Business Can You Start Up With #60,000 by jethro2: 11:23am On Sep 12, 2016
irenmwinfo:
Agricultural business is known to be lucrative especially now that the country economy is in recession. I just want an idea on which agric business someone can indulge in with a sum of N60,000

I will suggest you find a place to get some practical trainings that will prepare you for any of your chosen agric ventures.

You will be saving yourself a lot of headaches and your hard earned money will be properly utilised.

Agribusiness involves knowing the tricks and method. Dare not jump into it

10 Likes

Re: What Agricultural Business Can You Start Up With #60,000 by vanpeele: 11:39am On Sep 12, 2016
Re: What Agricultural Business Can You Start Up With #60,000 by omobs(m): 12:53pm On Sep 12, 2016
am following too,I hv 100k to invest
Re: What Agricultural Business Can You Start Up With #60,000 by pdf90(m): 2:40pm On Sep 12, 2016
With that amount you can get a good foundation of cropping. Because you can't run a profitable animal/livestock farm with 60k

1 Like

Re: What Agricultural Business Can You Start Up With #60,000 by irenmwinfo(m): 3:00pm On Sep 12, 2016
pdf90:
With that amount you can get a good foundation of cropping. Because you can't run a profitable animal/livestock farm with 60k
you mean crop production is also lucrative ?
Re: What Agricultural Business Can You Start Up With #60,000 by pdf90(m): 3:13pm On Sep 12, 2016
irenmwinfo:
you mean crop production is also lucrative ?

Yes Sir . But agriculture generally is not a get rich quick scheme . So check your definition of lucrative.

1 Like

Re: What Agricultural Business Can You Start Up With #60,000 by dyydxx: 11:34am On Sep 15, 2016
jethro2:

I will suggest you find a place to get some practical trainings that will prepare you for any of your chosen agric ventures.

You will be saving yourself a lot of headaches and your hard earned money will be properly utilised.

Agribusiness involves knowing the tricks and method. Dare not jump into it

madam jethro, If I have a million naira to invest in Agriculture and I want to plant seeds, what vegetables do you advise I focus on? or better still what would you suggest I invest in in Agric?
Re: What Agricultural Business Can You Start Up With #60,000 by Me4sure: 2:17pm On Sep 15, 2016
Join Midas Initiative for Agro-Business training on:
• Poultry farming
• Piggery
• Rabbitry

Date: Friday, 30th September, 2016

Venue: Midas Initiative Conference Hall, Plot 377a Omofade Cresent, Omole Phase 1 Estate, Ojodu Berger, Lagos.

Time: 9am - 3pm

Fee: N10, 000

Benefits
• Get trained and mentored by professionals in the field
• Join Midas Farmer’s hub to own and have us set up your farm with irrigation, 3years lease with N150,000 and above
• Have guaranteed buyers for your produce using Midas Initiative wide range of network
• Find Agro-investment opportunity that suites your budget and schedule as a START-UP, BUSINESS EXECUTIVE, EXISTING farmer
• Lease or Purchase cheap farm lands from Midas Initiative platform

To register call or text: 08091490783 or 08149449140

Don’t miss this amazing opportunity.

Re: What Agricultural Business Can You Start Up With #60,000 by Smartademu(m): 2:34pm On Sep 15, 2016
Me4sure:
Join Midas Initiative for Agro-Business training on:
• Poultry farming
• Piggery
• Rabbitry

Date: Friday, 30th September, 2016

Venue: Midas Initiative Conference Hall, Plot 377a Omofade Cresent, Omole Phase 1 Estate, Ojodu Berger, Lagos.

Time: 9am - 3pm

Fee: N10, 000

Benefits
• Get trained and mentored by professionals in the field
• Join Midas Farmer’s hub to own and have us set up your farm with irrigation, 3years lease with N150,000 and above
• Have guaranteed buyers for your produce using Midas Initiative wide range of network
• Find Agro-investment opportunity that suites your budget and schedule as a START-UP, BUSINESS EXECUTIVE, EXISTING farmer
• Lease or Purchase cheap farm lands from Midas Initiative platform

To register call or text: 08091490783 or 08149449140

Don’t miss this amazing opportunity.
If u take N10, 000 from the capital, his handicap will increase na. Instead of u to offer assistance to a hussling young man u are looking for ways to chop his capital.

9 Likes

Re: What Agricultural Business Can You Start Up With #60,000 by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 15, 2016
irenmwinfo:
wow! please what is the current price for such items and like how much is juvenile so i can know the precise number to stock

Take into consideration availability of water supply, fishery is demanding you know.
Re: What Agricultural Business Can You Start Up With #60,000 by msogunro: 1:34pm On Sep 25, 2016
lanre316:

A plastic fish pond tank cost around 15-17k. Juveniles cost around N18-25 per unit. An on average, you will spend about roughly N30,000 to feed about 150 juveniles to maturity. That's a very rough estimate.

What is the size of the tank?
Re: What Agricultural Business Can You Start Up With #60,000 by menwongo(m): 12:50am On Feb 03, 2017
msogunro:

What is the size of the tank?

Never you venture into fish farming with that amount. Feeding alone will send you into borrowing.

With #60,000 you can buy palm oil and store to be sold later.

In Akwa Ibom state 25 liters of oil is #10,000 now.

Goodluck.
Re: What Agricultural Business Can You Start Up With #60,000 by chika12345(m): 4:15am On Feb 03, 2017
I've been hearing about this buying and storing palm oil, Please I'm interested , can someone please put me through, where to buy, where to sell, etc
Also, if there's any whatsapp group for stuff like that.
Re: What Agricultural Business Can You Start Up With #60,000 by isa112(m): 9:46am On Feb 03, 2017
With 60k you can actually do plantain farming if you are in the south and have the land to take them, the hybrid suckers should be about 150 and eight months to a year, u can start harvesting In phases, in d north, you can actually rent up to a hectare of land and plant maize,the money ll cover both land ,tractor hire,labour, seedlings u should target between 30 to 50 bags at harvest, as for livestock, if u have d space then buy 4 point of lay local turkeys and one tom,ll cost u about 30k, if u have the patience and luck within two months some of ur birds will give u an average of at least three to seven poults, u can sell day old at 600 or brood and sell and 1500 so there r so many small scale biz u can do with that money but it wont bring back ur money in a week thats y pple shy away from it, but great things start small,plus u cant buy the experience as well, good luck
Re: What Agricultural Business Can You Start Up With #60,000 by Alibacco(m): 3:56pm On Sep 02, 2017
Good specie of Ugu seed is available@ 4000 each full(2kg) custard rubber . We consider 3800 if u can buy up to 5 paints.(2kg custard rubber ). Y buying fertilizer poisoned& weak/contaminated ugu @ the market while u can plant some in ur back yard, get fresh ugu vegetables anytime ? Call chimezie on 08165612700. Bro if u plant ugu seed now, u will b counting thousands in months to come.
Re: What Agricultural Business Can You Start Up With #60,000 by mercyib(m): 5:11pm On Sep 02, 2017
Thinking of starting plantain farming. what time can someone start?
Re: What Agricultural Business Can You Start Up With #60,000 by mascottboy(m): 7:35pm On Sep 02, 2017
Pls, am intending to start dwarf banana farming, am in rivers state. Pls who kwn wia i can get like 100 pieces in rivers state state? Tnx.

(1) (Reply)

20 Broilers: 10 Weeks Trial Run With Pictures / 7 Units Of Hart 4000 Litres Plastic For Fish Pond For Sale @ Ikorodu / Own A Farm Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.