Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Women. We Dont Need Empowerment, We Need Self-recognition - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women. We Dont Need Empowerment, We Need Self-recognition (890 Views)

Why We Dont Reply PMS / Please I Need Matured Advice Only, I Dont Need Anyone To Insult Me!!!urgent / We Cant Marry But We Dont Know How To End The Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women. We Dont Need Empowerment, We Need Self-recognition by Rosabelle(f): 2:25pm On Oct 08, 2009
Ive read a lot on NL and watched the news. Worldwide, there is this call for the empowerment of women.
I dont support this call, because in the first place, woman is not to be empowered. She is TO BE.
A palm tree for instance can never be an Iroko, though we know that doesnt make it worth less. Because the Iroko is only there for its beauty, we all know however what many blessings the palm tree carries.
If a woman stands tall and proud like God made her to, she wont need to be empowered by the same men she claims she is being surpressed by. Because in reality, man needs woman more that woman needs man! Yes, I said it.

Read around this NL for instance and see the things these men write about women. I cringe when I see them because I wonder. If a man is brought up by a woman, how is it possible for him to look at other women and disrespect them so. I think the answer lies in how many women carry themselves and carry on .

A nation who's men cannot look up to their women can never move forward. Yes I said NEVER.

Because the woman builds the nation. It is woman who carrys in her womb the child that will tomorrow be president and so if she doesnt bring that child up properly, woe betide her.

It is a woman who teaches her male child that he being a man is to protect the women around him, to see them as his partners and not servants. Why dont our women do this?
No woman is born for the pleasure of a man. She is born to testify to the Greatness of God.
Woman is in this so-called mans world to bring man closer to his Creator. She is the Light God sends to man, without which man is doomed.
If you doubt my words, ask your married male friends. A man who's wife doesnt support the work of his hands will never progress. Ask your friends. If a husband plans something and his wife is not in support, 90% of the time, that thign wont work. And the 2% that it works, it means his sisters are praying for him. That should tell us the power a woman has over man and creation. But woman has misused this power and instead of being what the Lord made her for, she has reduced herself to so much less, men look at her in disgust and talk the rubbish you read here and hear on the streets. Due to vanity and lack of selfdiscipline. It is wrong and it is sad.

We as women have to start to sit up and work harder. There are some of us who feel we are doing our part  already, good, but many havnt started. Many women dont even know who they are, and as a result, run from man to man in search of what she'l never find.
We must start to bring up our children different, because like it or not, the future, as did the past, lies in the hand of woman.

And for you men who find it so easy to beat down on women, caution. If you feel a woman has degraded herself, and as a result deserves no respect from you, you are wrong. For no man can be called a man if he cant respect woman!

1 Like

Re: Women. We Dont Need Empowerment, We Need Self-recognition by Pharoh: 8:04pm On Oct 08, 2009
Can you summarize your points to make it more direct? they are just too wide and i don't really know where you are coming from or should i just reply based on what you have written? What exactly are you driving at?
Re: Women. We Dont Need Empowerment, We Need Self-recognition by PRETTYBOY2(m): 9:30pm On Oct 08, 2009
@ ROSABELLE Iv bin sayin dis tin 4 so damn long I even stared a thread titled "Y DO NIGERIAN GIRLS HAV INFERIORITY COMPLEX" already on

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-334007.0.html

ya'll drop ur comments

.Im gon talk about nigerian girls cos dis is wat concerns us now. Girls dont need men to b great in life,a man is just there to complement u. but most nigerian girls hav so limited demselves to thinkin dat without a man dey can hardly do anytin. Iv always hated dis attitude. wen ur husband hurts u,talk 2 him lyk a wife not lyk he's som god &ur a slave. if u hav d money 2 buy a car,a house, etc buy dem. dont be scared it wud intimidate a guy & u wudnt find a husband. truth is there is som1 4 evry1 in dis life. so in short,girls shouldnt tink without guys dey r notin. rather,think of it as ur man is ur partner & not ur god & he is there to complement u! it doesnt matter wat a man says or does to u. guys & girls r equal.so ya'll keep doin ur tin joh! if u guys dont believe in urselves,den hw wud a guy believe in u guys?

1 Like

Re: Women. We Dont Need Empowerment, We Need Self-recognition by Femest: 2:29pm On Mar 18
Women self empowerment is not just a movement; it's a revolution of the mind, body, and spirit. It's about recognizing our worth, owning our strengths, and unapologetically pursuing our dreams and passions.
Re: Women. We Dont Need Empowerment, We Need Self-recognition by Nyascobar1414: 6:06pm On Mar 18
A drunk man is wiser than 10 women with PHd degrees..
You just confirmed this!

(1) (Reply)

Please Ohhh / What Is The Meaning Of Swagag / Plz Enlighten Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.