Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,577 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

What Does The "S" In Iphone And Samsung Stand For? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Does The "S" In Iphone And Samsung Stand For? (2902 Views)

Top 3 Features In Iphone X Which Some Android Users Wished They Had / Amazing!!! 100 Small Robots Used To Represent Humans In Iphone 7 Queue / Here's What The 'i' In Iphone Means (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does The "S" In Iphone And Samsung Stand For? by mormoni(m): 6:46pm On Sep 12, 2016
I know the "s" in cars stands for sports. What does it mean in phones.. iphone 7s..samsung s7.
Re: What Does The "S" In Iphone And Samsung Stand For? by Meeloreh(f): 6:49pm On Sep 12, 2016
Swags grin
In iPhones , it means security. For 5s, the security measure was increased and it has fingerprint bla bla. In 6s too the security was upgraded. Not a samsung fan so I dunno bou that

3 Likes

Re: What Does The "S" In Iphone And Samsung Stand For? by tolugar: 6:49pm On Sep 12, 2016
It stands for SORRY

5 Likes

Re: What Does The "S" In Iphone And Samsung Stand For? by soberdrunk(m): 6:54pm On Sep 12, 2016
Stubborn......
Re: What Does The "S" In Iphone And Samsung Stand For? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 12, 2016
wink
Re: What Does The "S" In Iphone And Samsung Stand For? by bjoks4real(m): 8:03pm On Sep 12, 2016
Short answer:
S in 3GS stood for “Speed”
S in 4S stood for “Siri”
S in 5S stood for “Security” or may be sensor
S in 6s may stand for sensitivity (as per the new 3D Touch features)

Samsung Galaxy s stands for Super smart or just Super

9 Likes

Re: What Does The "S" In Iphone And Samsung Stand For? by bimbor(m): 8:06pm On Sep 12, 2016
Wait lemme ask Google?
Re: What Does The "S" In Iphone And Samsung Stand For? by Phonefanatic: 9:20pm On Sep 12, 2016
mormoni:
I know the "s" in cars stands for sports. What does it mean in phones.. iphone 7s..samsung s7.

What does "i" in mormoni stand for OP?

2 Likes

Re: What Does The "S" In Iphone And Samsung Stand For? by hakinze00(m): 10:51pm On Sep 12, 2016
It means "SORRY” your money has entered voicemail while “S plus“ "SURE” you can open more maga accounts with us...

2 Likes

Re: What Does The "S" In Iphone And Samsung Stand For? by AmuEwu: 12:02am On Sep 13, 2016
The S stands for SIX SIX SIX

2 Likes

Re: What Does The "S" In Iphone And Samsung Stand For? by 1shortblackboy: 12:45am On Sep 13, 2016
AmuEwu:
The S stands for SIX SIX SIX
illuminati things grin wink
Re: What Does The "S" In Iphone And Samsung Stand For? by muhrash(m): 6:16am On Sep 13, 2016
May be =S= is for Series

1 Like

Re: What Does The "S" In Iphone And Samsung Stand For? by Sultan5(m): 7:14am On Sep 13, 2016
Firstly its not an S

Its the Kryptonian symbol for "hope". wink tongue grin

4 Likes

Re: What Does The "S" In Iphone And Samsung Stand For? by Sleekydee(m): 8:07am On Sep 13, 2016
Sultan5:
Firstly its not an S
Secondly nko?
the S stands for "Shabba"

2 Likes

Re: What Does The "S" In Iphone And Samsung Stand For? by bedford101(m): 11:50am On Sep 13, 2016
For iPhone it means security
But for Samsung I don't even know what the s means •I only know say Samsung na follow follow
Watch out for samsungs wireless earpiece in their next flagship

1 Like

Re: What Does The "S" In Iphone And Samsung Stand For? by Etesam(m): 1:44pm On Sep 13, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Re: What Does The "S" In Iphone And Samsung Stand For? by Etesam(m): 1:44pm On Sep 13, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Re: What Does The "S" In Iphone And Samsung Stand For? by dasphinx1(m): 1:48pm On Sep 13, 2016
bedford101:
For iPhone it means security
But for Samsung I don't even know what the s means •I only know say Samsung na follow follow
Watch out for samsungs wireless earpiece in their next flagship

The S in Samsung stands for Smartphone..... Also, Samsung has already had their wireless earpiece before Apple.... Google the Samsung icon x....
Re: What Does The "S" In Iphone And Samsung Stand For? by vheekaustine(m): 2:10pm On Sep 13, 2016
according to research the year iPhone was found Steve Jobs
indicated that the S in each of the iPhone series should be place so as to know the upgraded version of security example iPhone4 and iPhone4s it means iPhone4s have been upgraded so it was

then over to Samsung S signify their product they didn't copy iPhone the S means samsung5 so for short and not to make it look stupid and not to make their buyers look stupid by pronouncing it Samsung Samsung 5 they decided to abbreviate it to Samsung s still meaning samsung

OMG u guys still following this story I greet UnA....i don tire joooor
Re: What Does The "S" In Iphone And Samsung Stand For? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 13, 2016
The 'S' simply means Sultan of Phones....just like sound sultan, sultan of sokoto, sultan of sex, sultan of tweet, yeah na d meaning be that...u feel me?
Re: What Does The "S" In Iphone And Samsung Stand For? by Daniluv2k4(m): 3:17pm On Sep 13, 2016
series
Re: What Does The "S" In Iphone And Samsung Stand For? by Tolzeal(m): 5:46pm On Sep 13, 2016
S is for Senior now
Re: What Does The "S" In Iphone And Samsung Stand For? by nenergy(m): 8:26pm On Sep 13, 2016
Please anyone know how much to change S4 screen?
Re: What Does The "S" In Iphone And Samsung Stand For? by LeonMacJames(m): 10:10pm On Sep 13, 2016
Sultan5:
Firstly its not an S

grin for ur mind, u have made sense, nice one
Re: What Does The "S" In Iphone And Samsung Stand For? by Thobiy(m): 12:22am On Sep 14, 2016
Saga

(1) (Reply)

How To Stop Unsolicited Text Messages From MTN And GLO / Brand New Tecno W5 Lite Charging Very Slow / How To Fix System UI Has Stopped Working On Any Android Devices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.