Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? (4882 Views)

Poll: Choosethe best coach for the super Eagles!

Amodu: 3% (5 votes)
Siasia: 53% (70 votes)
Foreign Coach: 31% (42 votes)
You: 11% (15 votes)
This poll has ended

NFF Re-appoints Samson Siasia As Coach For Super Eagles / Siasia, Amodu May Replace Oliseh / NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by kok(m): 5:00pm On Oct 09, 2009
To me, Sia1 remains the only indegineous coach with the ability to handle the SE. but if we are to go for a foreign coach, Guus Hiddink would be the best option. What do you guys think
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by MUNEER2(m): 5:20pm On Oct 09, 2009
It's definately not the issue of a foreign coach. Siasia can still do something, despite his performance in Egypt recently.
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by sley4life(m): 9:53pm On Oct 09, 2009
Amodu should go and coach falconet or div3. But before that he should serve 6months jail in kirikiri
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by sley4life(m): 6:11am On Oct 10, 2009
If we dont qualify for the world cup and dont scale thru semi of u17 we should scrap all our football team and pump our money somewhere else
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by naso2(m): 11:52am On Oct 10, 2009
sley4life:

If we dont qualify for the world cup and dont scale thru semi of u17 we should scrap all our football team and pump our money somewhere else

pump it somewhere else? grin grin grin grin grin

Tell me ,which area of our national life is doing better than sports presently?
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by RiffRaff: 11:24am On Oct 11, 2009
Yaradua.
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by RiffRaff: 11:25am On Oct 11, 2009
Yaradua.
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by davidif: 11:00pm On Oct 11, 2009
Why not try Hector Cuper.  His days at Inter will always be momorable!

Yep, but as good as those days were, his days at Valencia where much better. He took Valencia to two back to back Champions league finals.

aquita:

For those clamouring for the removal of Amodu, let me remind you that he was the one that qualified Nigeria for France `98. Amodu is a good coach; na those super chickens dey frusrate his efforts.I don`t think Sia sia has enough experience to handle the super eagles (abi na super chickens). However, if we must employ a foreign coach, it must be a first class coach like Fabio Capello.

Oga, i believe that distinction goes to Phillipe Troussier NOT Amodu Shuaibu.

kok:

To me, Sia1 remains the only indegineous coach with the ability to handle the SE. but if we are to go for a foreign coach, Guus Hiddink would be the best option. What do you guys think

EHN shocked shocked shocked shocked, oh boy you wan bankrupt NFA?
I understand that if you want the best, you have to pay for it, but first of all you've gotta find the money first grin.
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by Tafugo: 10:48pm On Oct 12, 2009
Stephen Keshi
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by headliner: 11:22am On Oct 13, 2009
davidif:

EHN shocked shocked shocked shocked, oh boy you wan bankrupt NFA?
I understand that if you want the best, you have to pay for it, but first of all you've gotta find the money first grin.

yes they can pay with recovered loot,or weting them won take the money do self? grin grin grin
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by headliner: 11:34am On Oct 13, 2009
Tafugo:

Stephen Keshi
Keshi is good but Siasia is better.
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by andray: 12:41pm On Oct 13, 2009
i think siasia is the best man for the job as the coach of the national team (super eagles), my reason is that siasia is a man of policy and action, while amodu should be kicked off because is a nonentity,
or better still a foreign coach, , should be employed. in a nut shell we dont wont amodu and olifinjana, mikel, should also follow suit, , angry
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by omar22(m): 2:28pm On Oct 13, 2009
I would give it the next person I see on the road!!!!!

My problem is, why did go back to a manager that has failed in the past, even they do warn a successful manager not to go back or else you would tarnish your image and reputation. The reality is the NFA or NFF would not take Amodu serious basically they don’t take the indigenous coaches serious they see them as a figure-head. Before the youth team left for Holland in 2005, Siasia was denied money to fund a training camp in Holland by the NFA, but when a certain state governor wrote him a cheque the NFA were chasing him! Why? The players are the same, they don’t respect the manager, they have the 5 days ruling but you see them getting to the eagles camp a day before the match after all they have been doing where cat-wheels and light running! Am sorry but this is wrong this has been going on since the days of Keshi & Co. can you imagine Jose Mourinho saying your 5 minutes late your place is gone forever! I could remember Mikel Obi arriving late to Cobham, well lets just say his agent Shittu who came to beg Jose.

May be if Nigeria spread their net wider and look at players and give them a chance we wont rely on the lazy bunch of so and so’s
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by agauji(m): 1:05pm On Oct 14, 2009
When you are right no one remembers. But when you are wrong no one forget. Why are Nigerians good in casting aspersion on failures more than appreciating achievements. That Samson Siasia perform woefully in Egypt does not mean he can not coach SUPER EAGLES. Lets carry his good records in the past and give him an opportunity to handle the National Team i bet you, it will be SHUAIBU must go and SIASIA must come.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos: Lionel Messi And Cesc Fàbregas With Their Families On Yacht In Ibiza / London-2012: Task Ahead Is Clear - Minister Of Sports / LIVE: WRESTLEMANIA XXXI - Roman Reigns Vs Brock Lesnar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.