Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

9 Important Things You Should Know Before Taking A Bank Loan - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 9 Important Things You Should Know Before Taking A Bank Loan (27974 Views)

Annoying Things That Happen Every Time You Have To Enter A Bank(Photos) / How A Pregnant Lady Extorted Money From Customers At A Bank / You Can Now Get A First Bank Loan To Buy A Car For Your Uber Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Important Things You Should Know Before Taking A Bank Loan by Sanuzi(m): 7:21am On Sep 14, 2016
ok now
Re: 9 Important Things You Should Know Before Taking A Bank Loan by Lexusgs430: 7:21am On Sep 14, 2016
chronique:
Are micro finance banks permitted to collect collateral for loans and if so,what's the average industry standard grace period to be applied before a person's asset can be sold off to recover the loan?

With this thought process, don't even bother collecting the loan.........................
The would demand a collateral and if loan is defaulted, collateral would be sold off............. Time limit would be in your signed contract or ask prior to signing on the dotted lines...........
Re: 9 Important Things You Should Know Before Taking A Bank Loan by chronique(m): 7:25am On Sep 14, 2016
I'm not planning on collecting. Someone I did some stuff with,has got himself into all that.
Lexusgs430:

With this thought process, don't even bother collecting the loan.........................
The would demand a collateral and I'd loan is defaulted, collateral would be sold off............. Time limit would be in your signed contract or ask prior to signing on the dotted lines...........
Re: 9 Important Things You Should Know Before Taking A Bank Loan by Lexusgs430: 7:27am On Sep 14, 2016
chronique:
I'm not planning on collecting. Someone I did some stuff with,has got himself into all that.

Is the person already finding it difficult paying back? If yes, yawa don gas............
Best the person digs up the contract and reads all the small and large prints.......
Re: 9 Important Things You Should Know Before Taking A Bank Loan by idrisalomagold(m): 7:30am On Sep 14, 2016
Hmmm and hmmm again
Re: 9 Important Things You Should Know Before Taking A Bank Loan by chronique(m): 7:32am On Sep 14, 2016
Yes.
Lexusgs430:

Is the person already finding it difficult paying back? If yes, yawa don gas............
Best the person digs up the contract and reads all the small and large prints.......
Re: 9 Important Things You Should Know Before Taking A Bank Loan by Lexusgs430: 7:35am On Sep 14, 2016
chronique:
Yes.

Yawa don gas be dat o............. I hope the asset is not the house he lives in?
Re: 9 Important Things You Should Know Before Taking A Bank Loan by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 14, 2016
Seriously this Bank Loan in not just Reliable atimes.
I know of someone that took a loan of about 800k with an intrest of almost 30% p.a and he has to pay back in 60months. The intrest all together was about 1.6 or thereabout.Personally i think thats outrageous.
Bankers in the house does this seem right....?

2 Likes

Re: 9 Important Things You Should Know Before Taking A Bank Loan by kazyhm(m): 7:50am On Sep 14, 2016
ehubaba:
nice write i applied for diamond bank loan 2 million to get a car the loan was to pay back in 48moths after calulation of my repayment total wud be 5m ..not encoraging

wtf!!
Re: 9 Important Things You Should Know Before Taking A Bank Loan by chronique(m): 7:52am On Sep 14, 2016
No. A car
Lexusgs430:

Yawa don gas be dat o............. I hope the asset is not the house he lives in?
Re: 9 Important Things You Should Know Before Taking A Bank Loan by Lexusgs430: 7:55am On Sep 14, 2016
chronique:
No. A car

If he cannot pay back, hope it's not his only car? Cause the vehicle would surely be impounded.
Re: 9 Important Things You Should Know Before Taking A Bank Loan by tripoli007(m): 8:02am On Sep 14, 2016
Emeka71:
Also; understand the fact that at payback time; bank is calculated to make money from you; BTW we are fools in Nigeria bringing recession upon ourselves; we keep money in the bank and Dangote and other few businessmen use our money to do business and make money for themselves and the banks; let's think business; lets think production.

So you that has been doing all the production ,how much have you been able to make and why's your name not on FORBEs list ...
Re: 9 Important Things You Should Know Before Taking A Bank Loan by chronique(m): 8:05am On Sep 14, 2016
It is.
Lexusgs430:

If he cannot pay back, hope it's not his only car? Cause the vehicle would surely be impounded.
Re: 9 Important Things You Should Know Before Taking A Bank Loan by Lexusgs430: 8:09am On Sep 14, 2016
chronique:
It is.

He better start getting used to the Public Transport and gradually adjusting his lifestyle...............
Re: 9 Important Things You Should Know Before Taking A Bank Loan by Jokerman(m): 8:49am On Sep 14, 2016
it will never be well with Bank loans.... cry
Re: 9 Important Things You Should Know Before Taking A Bank Loan by RexEmmyGee: 9:26am On Sep 14, 2016
lol. Am here making it big through MMM. you are creating thread on banks
Re: 9 Important Things You Should Know Before Taking A Bank Loan by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:31am On Sep 14, 2016
PEOPLE DONT GO TO BANK FOR LOAN WEN DERE IS NMM IN TOWN OK GUYS LOOK AT THIS IF SAVE MONEY IN A BANK FOR TWO MONTH WITH OuT TOuCH IT u ONLY GET 5 PERCENT INTREST RATE ON R MONEY.. THT IS FOR TWO month oo... LOOK AT NMM IF U INVEST MONEY THoRGH NMM FOR JST A MONTH GET15 PERCENT INTREST RATE ON UR MONEY.. SO GUYS IS THERE A REASON FOR ME GOING TO BANK AND cOLLECT LOAN...
Re: 9 Important Things You Should Know Before Taking A Bank Loan by emma2002(m): 11:46am On Sep 14, 2016
eph12:
Thinking of getting a long term loan to hasten the expansion of my business. Any suggestions on the best bank for this?

Good initiative.

However, you need to do it in small bits. The economy is not healthy for any huge borrowing or else you will end up spending what you have now to pay the bank and still it won't be enough.

By the way banks should be your last resort!

2 Likes

Re: 9 Important Things You Should Know Before Taking A Bank Loan by eph12(m): 1:22pm On Sep 14, 2016
emma2002:

Good initiative.

However, you need to do it in small bits. The economy is not healthy for any huge borrowing or else you will end up spending what you have now to pay the bank and still it won't be enough.

By the way banks should be your last resort!
I agree with you. I think I will chill a bit on the loan and just move at the pace my revenue can afford now. The loan I am talking about is in the range of 3-7 millions so yes bank is my only resort for a long term loan.
Re: 9 Important Things You Should Know Before Taking A Bank Loan by didymario7(m): 2:00pm On Sep 14, 2016
eph12:

To use a bank loan to start a business? Not advisable at all. The incubation period for a start up is 3-5 years so how do you service your loan when you still finding your feet? If it's to expand the business fine but not starting a new one unless there's a business you're running aside which can help in servicing the loan.

I think in some cases you can actually start a business with bank loan. For example if I have been doing thesame business with a partner or as an apprentice and one day I decide to go solo, It is pretty safe to secure a loan because I have mastered the terrain already.
Re: 9 Important Things You Should Know Before Taking A Bank Loan by Zieristclair(m): 2:04pm On Sep 14, 2016
niggi4life:
The most important thing to take note of is your Heart condition..

Take a bank loan and your business crumbles... you might get a heart attack
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 9 Important Things You Should Know Before Taking A Bank Loan by eph12(m): 2:27pm On Sep 14, 2016
didymario7:

I think in some cases you can actually start a business with bank loan. For example if I have been doing thesame business with a partner or as an apprentice and one day I decide to go solo, It is pretty safe to secure a loan because I have mastered the terrain already.
As long as you are sure of getting all the clients or customers you need immediately that's ok.
Re: 9 Important Things You Should Know Before Taking A Bank Loan by obiaguna(m): 6:14am On Sep 15, 2016
nony43:
Noted, but one thing I know is it is not always a good to start a business with a loan

This advice is overrated and flawed.

1 Like

Re: 9 Important Things You Should Know Before Taking A Bank Loan by obiaguna(m): 6:17am On Sep 15, 2016
eph12:
Thinking of getting a long term loan to hasten the expansion of my business. Any suggestions on the best bank for this?

There is a new start up by Ngozi Dozie that gives loans to existing business. It's called free advance or something. Please google them cuz I don't have the link to their site. It's linked to One credit, the same company that owns Paylater.

1 Like

Re: 9 Important Things You Should Know Before Taking A Bank Loan by obiaguna(m): 6:19am On Sep 15, 2016
eph12:

To use a bank loan to start a business? Not advisable at all. The incubation period for a start up is 3-5 years so how do you service your loan when you still finding your feet? If it's to expand the business fine but not starting a new one unless there's a business you're running aside which can help in servicing the loan.
Re: 9 Important Things You Should Know Before Taking A Bank Loan by soap94: 8:52pm On Feb 19, 2019
or, you can take a small loan online, it is easier and not that much risk. In this case paperless loan will be the best option.
Re: 9 Important Things You Should Know Before Taking A Bank Loan by NaijaPress: 8:01am On Sep 10, 2019
You need to get all the information you can get before going ahead to borrow...

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? / Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs / Reps Ask EFCC, ICPC To Arrest Mike Adenuga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.