Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed (31513 Views)

How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed / How Nigeria Exited Recession – Lai Mohammed / Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by damola311: 7:07pm On Sep 13, 2016
Thank God they didn't blame GEJ.... which road do they use 70 billions to build? Is this man crazy?

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by Larryfest(m): 7:07pm On Sep 13, 2016
Yeye govt,they knew recession was bound to happen yet they promised heaven and earth even when they clearly had no idea on what to do once they get to office.....

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 13, 2016
Uncle Lai has started Laiing again oh! grin

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by sagir1994(m): 7:10pm On Sep 13, 2016
I do not blame man for poverty. Buhari does not have the power to make you rich or poor. You are poor/rich because God wants you to be. High time we stop blaming Buhari for our misfortunes.
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 13, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by anonimi: 7:12pm On Sep 13, 2016
DullardPoo knew about our dependence on oil while contesting hence he PROMISED to stabilise oil prices.
Not so
Alhaji LIE Mohammed should tell us another story please.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2186280_buhari2blaugh1_jpegc35d9ea4e30142f9302718e17f58f220

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by shellman: 7:13pm On Sep 13, 2016
AfonjaGuy:
Lie Mohammed blaming Oil while his clueless Master Dullard Buhari blaming Gej . they will continue their blaming excuse till 2019 shocked shocked shocked
useless incompetent men
But the ? is "Is it true the past Govt owed N65B&N14B on Fertilizer &Julius Berger apart from free for.all looting during that cursed administration? There is no way we can talk about the present without historical reference to the past That's the fact of life!
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 13, 2016
ouzo1:
Is there no reasonable minister in this administration??
Solomon Dalong.
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by Orikinla(m): 7:14pm On Sep 13, 2016
FowlYansh:
APC is a disgrace to politics and democracy undecided
And you are talking sense or nonsense?

Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by pippimp(m): 7:14pm On Sep 13, 2016
FowlYansh:
How did we even end up with this crop of leaders? undecided

I regret voting APC

It is not an APC problem. It is a Nigerian Problem. First we complained about Gowon, then OBJ, then Shagari, then Buhari, then IBB, then Abacha (Almost the worst). Then something or someone intervened and we were given the chance for a fresh start. Guess what? Nigerians did not take advantage of the opportunity. In fact, they dug in their heels, and went full frontal on corruption. OBj was given the chance to really change Nigeria but he made corruption a way of life in Nigeria. The corruptive mentality really started with him. It happened in the past but it became almost legal during his tenure and it was all downhill from then on. Now Nigeria's citizens could have stood up to say "no more", but they encouraged it by collecting salt and rice to cast their votes. The biggest fault lies with Nigeria's citizens. No government in the world is more powerful than it's people. History has taught us that. Unless someone can tell me that the concept does not apply to Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by SOPIGO: 7:14pm On Sep 13, 2016
From ANONYMOUS on
Nigeria Recession.

I still find it funny that most people
don't know why Nigeria economy
went into recession, they love the
incompetent lies of Lai Mohammed
about the past government ruining
everything. It's also myopic to think
that if Jonathan were to still be in
power, we would be worse off.
The truth about Nigeria's recession
is this; it was caused by the
president's unguided rhetoric and
uncultured body language.
Firstly, there is nothing we are
buying today that we weren't buying
5 years ago, therefore it's not our
purchase that put pressure on Naira
but withdrawal of funds by foreign
investors.
After the election, the president
created instability with his unguided
statements about how everyone is
corrupt and how everyone is going to
jail. The instability made foreign
investors to liquidate their
investment and change their money
to dollars. In the process of trying to
flee, they were willing to buy dollars
at any price, which lead to high
exchange dollar rate.
Even though some of them were not
ready to run away, but want their
money in dollars to save their
investments from devaluation, the
president gave a bad signal by
banning deposit of foreign currency
into dormiciliary accounts. That was
enough for free market believers to
see the draconian handwriting on
the wall, that was the beginning of
dollar rush.
To make matters worse, the
president came up with another
outrageous policy of rationing dollar
to certain sectors and blocking many
sectors out. That was the nail in the
coffin which facilitated the
emergence of free FALL.
In the end, foreign investors took
over $80B out of the economy within
a short period and everything went
down to free fall.
To those who believe it will be worse
if Jonathan is still there, you are all
wrong. Policy continuity and political
stability will not let billions of
dollars leave our shores within such
tiny time frame. Even though the
government might have income
shortage, the private sector will
weather the storm by their
confidence in the market.
The fear of the unknown created by
PMB is responsible for the economic
downturn not low oil price. Interest
rate in America is currently at 0.5%
while it is 12% in Nigeria. JP Morgan
Chase will not mind borrowing $50
billion from Feds at 0.5 and put in
Nigeria for return of %2000 profit.
Citi bank will do the same, likewise
US Bank Corp. Chase gave Buhari
warning about the repercussions of
his fixing policy before they pulled
out, but his illiterate cyber warriors
and misseducated e-soldiers said
JPMORGAN can go to hell, they no
longer believe in economic metrics
since their messiah is in charge.
Funny enough they are all suffering
today because of the stupid policy,
but they find relief by blaming it on
past administration and Gucci
appetite of average Nigerians.
For your information, if your
president "kontunu" with his
unguided rhetoric, Naira will go
down to N1000/1 $. But we thank
God, he is no longer talking... Copied

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by anonimi: 7:16pm On Sep 13, 2016
sagir1994:
I do not blame man for poverty. Buhari does not have the power to make you rich or poor. You are poor/rich because God wants you to be. High time we stop blaming Buhari for our misfortunes.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-cVR-FSxVhk0/VK-k3wYjd0I/AAAAAAABfb0/X_fm7vCDT70/s1600/DONT%2BWAIT%2BSERIES.jpg[/img]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by Codes151(m): 7:16pm On Sep 13, 2016
Something is smelling!!!!!!

Mouth odor ooooo
Mouth odor
Mouth odour
Kai kai kai
Lai Mohammed oooo smelly smelly mouth!!!
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by Christardor: 7:16pm On Sep 13, 2016
Guy,u Made Me Check My Bible.But Dat Change Part Wasn't There.Nice One
yinkslinks:
Hmmmm
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by Tremor007: 7:16pm On Sep 13, 2016
Useless set of rams with fufu for brain little wonder Madam Oby has this to say;

Fwded:
From Oby Ezekwesili

I still find it funny that most people
don't know why Nigeria economy
went into recession, they love the
incompetent lies of Lai Mohammed
about the past government ruining
everything. It's also myopic to think
that if Jonathan were to still be in
power, we would be worse off.
The truth about Nigeria's recession
is this; it was caused by the
president's unguided rhetoric and
uncultured body language.
Firstly, there is nothing we are
buying today that we weren't buying
5 years ago, therefore it's not our
purchase that put pressure on Naira
but withdrawal of funds by foreign
investors.
After the election, the president
created instability with his unguided
statements about how everyone is
corrupt and how everyone is going to
jail. The instability made foreign
investors to liquidate their
investment and change their money
to dollars. In the process of trying to
flee, they were willing to buy dollars
at any price, which lead to high
exchange dollar rate.
Even though some of them were not
ready to run away, but want their
money in dollars to save their
investments from devaluation, the
president gave a bad signal by
banning deposit of foreign currency
into dormiciliary accounts. That was
enough for free market believers to
see the draconian handwriting on
the wall, that was the beginning of
dollar rush.
To make matters worse, the
president came up with another
outrageous policy of rationing dollar
to certain sectors and blocking many
sectors out. That was the nail in the
coffin which facilitated the
emergence of free FALL.
In the end, foreign investors took
over $80B out of the economy within
a short period and everything went
down to free fall.
To those who believe it will be worse
if Jonathan is still there, you are all
wrong. Policy continuity and political
stability will not let billions of
dollars leave our shores within such
tiny time frame. Even though the
government might have income
shortage, the private sector will
weather the storm by their
confidence in the market.
The fear of the unknown created by
PMB is responsible for the economic
downturn not low oil price. Interest
rate in America is currently at 0.5%
while it is 12% in Nigeria. JP Morgan
Chase will not mind borrowing $50
billion from Feds at 0.5 and put in
Nigeria for return of %2000 profit.
Citi bank will do the same, likewise
US Bank Corp. Chase gave Buhari
warning about the repercussions of
his fixing policy before they pulled
out, but his illiterate cyber warriors
and misseducated e-soldiers said
JPMORGAN can go to hell, they no
longer believe in economic metrics
since their messiah is in charge.
Funny enough they are all suffering
today because of the stupid policy,
but they find relief by blaming it on
past administration and Gucci
appetite of average Nigerians.
For your information, if your
president "kontunu" with his
unguided rhetoric, Naira will go
down to N1000/1 $. But we thank
God, he is no longer talking.
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by ehijoe(m): 7:20pm On Sep 13, 2016
What a shame, during ur campaign, heaven knows U promise Nigerians change now u reverse telling same people is them that needs to change. What happen to the better things u promise to deliver. Thank God ur four years is not forever. Unless program of APC.
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by 4wrd9ja: 7:20pm On Sep 13, 2016
I want to appeal to Nigerians especially the youth to please always take politics very seriously, not the way they take the premiership which is just for fun but politics affects all the facet of our life, it's therefore to be taken seriously, you can see the way this incompetent leaders has messed up everything now and this people were elected because people voted on emotions without proper understanding of what's at stake, that their wellbeing is at stake and more important than any saint .this current leaders wants everybody to their jobs for them including past leaders so why were they elected if is all complaints while the people suffered. next time no matter the media, hype, propaganda, lies, the candidates must be scrutinized for competence, because it is work they are applying for not priest hood,

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by yinkslinks(m): 7:21pm On Sep 13, 2016
Bros read king james bible please and stop acting like lie mo
Christardor:
Guy,u Made Me Check My Bible.But Dat Change Part Wasn't There.Nice One
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 13, 2016
FowlYansh:
How did we even end up with this crop of leaders? undecided

I regret voting APC
U sure say u vote apc? Hmmmmm
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by Teenaira: 7:24pm On Sep 13, 2016
sharpden:

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/09/why-nigerias-economy-is-in-recession-lai-mohammed/

Our problem is partly solved since the almighty lie sorry Lai Mohammed has agreed the economy is in recession. May be he might be able to convince PMB too. In which case they might forget about all the jamboree and blame game to focus on the economy. It is very good to fight corruption but I hope we won't be almost all dead by the time corruption is defeated.
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by basilo101: 7:24pm On Sep 13, 2016
our problem is not reliance on oil alone, our problem is that Abuja has enslaved us all

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by Aawizdom(m): 7:26pm On Sep 13, 2016
sharpden:

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/09/why-nigerias-economy-is-in-recession-lai-mohammed/

I agree with u sir. We the reasonable citizens, we wll continue to pray n do our best within our control.
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 13, 2016
KingGeorgey:
Well I can see this government's only accomplishments will be blaming the past ones... Meanwhile in warri....
OWO and starch
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by hylyne(m): 7:29pm On Sep 13, 2016
lielbree:
Kai this man can lie!
Buhari has spent 70b naira on road, which road??
The reason for this recession is simply the implementation of the TSA!

God bless you my brother
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by Peterosky(m): 7:29pm On Sep 13, 2016
Mr Liar Mumummed hav u blamed Jonathan on this one?
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by Christardor: 7:30pm On Sep 13, 2016
All Those Bibles Are Adultered Bible..The Main Bible Is The Jerusalem Bible
yinkslinks:
Bros read king james bible please and stop acting like lie mo
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by Aawizdom(m): 7:30pm On Sep 13, 2016
anonimi:
DullardPoo knew about our dependence on oil while contesting hence he PROMISED to stabilise oil prices.
Not so
Alhaji LIE Mohammed should tell us another story please.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2186280_buhari2blaugh1_jpegc35d9ea4e30142f9302718e17f58f220
huhuhu
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 13, 2016
God punish buhari over and over again. Meanwhile, a pack of hungryman indomie noodles is now N150. What a change! See how the hausa/fulani and yoruba betrayals brought hardship upon Nigeria. God punish buhari and all apc members from top to the bottom including those who voted him in.

Lai/Liar Muhammed or whatever your name is, i spit on your face. Shameless hediot.
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by yinkslinks(m): 7:34pm On Sep 13, 2016
leaner
Christardor:
All Those Bibles Are Adultered Bible..The Main Bible Is The Jerusalem Bible
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by drololaaof: 7:35pm On Sep 13, 2016
Stop telling us stories your fellow minister said rice will cost #40000. Instead of finding solution to the problem in Nigeria for years it is a common knowledge that rice grown in Nigeria is inadequate to feed us yet those in power were always proposing rice ban whereas we find it on their dining table.this is not what we voted for ,find solution to what is wrong.
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by KingGeorgey(m): 7:35pm On Sep 13, 2016
asuustrike2009:

OWO and starch
close to it.. Banga soup and confirm starch
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by winningwinner(m): 7:36pm On Sep 13, 2016
JONATHAN SPEAKS OUT...

I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan-
Former President, Goodluck Jonathan has replied his critics who accused him of handing over a nation at the verge of collapse to his successor, President Muhammadu Buhari.
Jonathan recounted the achievements of his government to include, handing over a country that produced the richest man in Africa.
Jonathan said, “I took over a Nigeria that was the second largest economy in Africa with a GDP of $270.5 billion in 2009, I handed over a Nigeria that had grown to become the largest economy in Africa and the 24th largest economy in the World with a GDP of $574 billion.
“I inherited a Nigeria in which the trains were not working, and handed over a Nigeria in which citizens can safely travel by trains again. I also inherited a country where illiteracy rate particularly in the Northern part was alarming. I handed over a country where every state in the North and indeed all the states had a Federal University. I inherited a country where there was total infrastructural decay in all the unity schools and colleges of education. But I handed over a country with massive infrastructural improvement in almost higher institutions. I inherited a country where agricultural inputs and production were almost zero. But I handed over a country where a bag of rice was sold for N6,500 to N7000. My regime since the establishment of ecological fund office did more irrigation dams in the North and other parts of the country than other subsequent administrations put together. I inherited epileptic fuel supplies resulting to endless queues at the filling stations. I maintained despite enormous challenges of fuel subsidies and handed over a relatively stable fuel regime.
I inherited a Nigeria that was a net importer of cement, and handed over a Nigeria that is a net exporter of cement.
In 2009 the richest Nigerian was the 5th richest man in Africa, but I handed over a Nigeria that produced the richest man in Africa.
The former President further stated " I inherited a country where people were almost losing hope on the credibility of its electoral process but I noticed that democracy will continue to grow in the African continent if leaders value the process of elections more than the product of the process. I handed over electoral process that engendered fairness in its conduct and conclusiveness ".
He said, “Even in the 2015 general elections in my country, Nigeria, there was potential for major crisis if I was not a President duly elected by the will of the people.
“The campaigns leading to the elections almost polarized the country into Christian vs Muslims and North vs South divide.
Most World leaders were worried that our elections will result into major crisis.
Some pundits even from here in the United States said that those elections would spell the end of Nigeria and that we would cease to exist as a nation because of the polls.
That is where the leadership question comes into play.
As a leader that was duly elected by the people, I considered the people’s interest first.
How do I manage my people to avoid killings and destruction of properties?
With the interest of the people propelling all the decisions I took, we were able to sail through.
Indeed, we sailed through because I refused to interfere with the independence of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, having appointed a man I had never met in my life to run it. We sailed through because I maintained and still believe that my personal ambition, interest is not worth the blood of any single Nigerian.
My philosophy was simple. For elections to be credible, I as a leader, must value the process more than the product of the process. And the citizens must have confidence in the electoral system. The deceit is getting too much!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stop Visiting Ijaw Land, Asari Dokubo Tells Osinbajo / Osun APC Sweeps Venue Of PDP Rally To 'Cleanse' It / 2019: Akpabio’s Defection Unsettles Governor Udom, PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.