Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital - Business (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital (58780 Views)

22% Bi-Monthly Interest Rate On Frozen food distribution business In PH / From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) / N20,000 Changed To N10 Notes In Ibadan, Apata (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 7:37pm On Jan 01, 2017
What amazes me is the fact that middle aged parents who themselves have been through this unemployment experience are still training their wards using the same approach. For Goodness sake, if you don’t change the way you have been doing things you are only bound to get the same results you have been getting all the while.

An Uncle in law retired as a renowned plumber in Lagos. He started his vocation over 40 years ago, and worked with G. Cappa before resigning to set up his own private practice.

His first son trained as an Economist and has a Masters degree. He worked in some boring places and was very unfilled. One day he just resigned and joined his Dad as an apprentice. Yes, you heard me well an apprentice, yes even with his M.Sc. He learnt the trade and today apart from being a world class Plumber, they are importers and distributors of various brands of plumbing and sanitary stuff in Orile.

We just must make a change (positive please) in our approach to issues. Too many graduates (mostly half-baked are being turned out these days from our universities. Too few jobs are being created every year but new opportunities are arising day by day as our population expands.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 7:40pm On Jan 01, 2017
In the coming year, there is a very strong likelihood that this government will succeed in getting parliamentary approval to borrow 29 Billion Dollars that will be injected into the economy.

Some of us are aware of this very glaring information already. How have we seen this piece of news? How does it affect us?

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 9:35pm On Jan 01, 2017
Yes, it is indeed true that the Federal Government intends to inject that money into critical infrastructure.

So, in our minds eye some of the money will be stolen by corrupt public officers while the balance of the money will be given to Julius Berger, MCC, Arab Contractors, CCC etc.

Please note that this is indeed how it will be.

I would like however to point out one thing that is very fundamental which is that over 70 per cent of that money will be spent within this country.

Now, the big question is; how much of that money can we trap into our own pockets. This should be food for thought.

While my personal opinion is that the loan will not end the recession in its entirety, I can say that some people who have positioned themselves appropriately will benefit massively from this largess.

I intend to position myself to glean from this windfall. How do I intend to do that?
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 10:44pm On Jan 01, 2017
By concentrating on selling more products with increased efficiency and effectiveness.

Definitely, more snacks will be demanded for and since there will be an increase in purchasing power it simply means that there will be more sales.

And naturally the direct locations where these products are being implemented will experience a surge in the local demand for everything. It is imperative to note that critical infrastructural development is usually a long term plan and its implementation which is done in phases spans many years.

Think back to your experience when a road, bridge, rail track was being built in your neighbourhood and you will find put that in that area people will always sell more volume than previously.

From accommodation(landlords/Agents) to Producers (Bottled and Sachet Water/soft drinks/meat roll/ chin-chin/Various chips) and vendors (hawkers/shop owners).

Go through the list of projects that the Fed Govt. is targeting for 2017 and position yourself accordingly.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 11:06pm On Jan 01, 2017
This year I have created a new thread that will be dedicated to helping a few serious people with some capital to start a small snacks distributorship and grow it into a major force within specific boundaries.

Other sales people will benefit from this thread too. We will identify the products together and negotiate for the distributorship and then commence the sales very gradually but steadily.

Meanwhile I want to encourage a few people that have implemented my very humble suggestions in the last one years and have benefitted in one form or another.

Thanks for your emails and chat messages. I am only privileged to have provided some support but the real kudos goes to you for taking ACTION and more importantly for sustaining the required momentum.

For everyone else, I wish you strength for that is all you need to overcome. The ideas and opportunities are legion. All you need is to identify one and dedicate all your resources both material and mental towards the attainment of the goal. Dedication admixed with determination and laser quality focus.

2 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 11:09pm On Jan 01, 2017
As for obstacles for (you are bound to encounter them many times over) I leave you with the words of Alfred Camus as excerpted from his work ‘The stranger’;

My dear,

In the midst of hate, I found there was, within me, an invincible love.

In the midst of tears, I found there was, within me, an invincible smile.

In the midst of chaos, I found there was, within me, an invincible calm.

I realized, through it all, that…

In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.

And that makes me happy.

For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there’s something stronger – something better, pushing right back.

Truly yours

Albert Camus,
The Stranger

2 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Occurstaem(m): 11:20pm On Jan 01, 2017
Kudos to Madam Karin001. Tonight, I have learned a lot from your posts as usual.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by onyeudo234(m): 11:35pm On Jan 01, 2017
Hello OP, I have really learnt a lot from this thread. But I will like to know something. Plantain chips business is a profitable business in Nigeria at least for now. But what if one decides to go beyond just producing and packaging in transparent nylon but to give it a more better branding . Will it still be profitable. At least that would mean going beyond the state of production and moving it across Nigeria at large. Please I need your opinion on this
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 4:11pm On Jan 02, 2017
onyeudo234:
Hello OP, I have really learnt a lot from this thread. But I will like to know something. Plantain chips business is a profitable business in Nigeria at least for now. But what if one decides to go beyond just producing and packaging in transparent nylon but to give it a more better branding . Will it still be profitable. At least that would mean going beyond the state of production and moving it across Nigeria at large. Please I need your opinion on this

Your observation is very correct and your thinking is in sinc with the future. I currently sell plantain chips from two different companies and I can tell you that we are yet to maximise the potentials of this product. in the future it will be a principal export as the processes will be further improved. Just think clearly and if you are old enough you can see where it has come to in the last twenty years.

The future is bright for the entire plantain value chain. Right now plantain chips contributes over 25 percent of my earnings and it is about to increase. That is part of my goals this year; to triple my plantain chips earnings.

Stay in touch and I will show you how we can position ourselves to benefit from the Plantain uprising that I am expecting in a few years. Other products will come but mark my words, plantain will be king.

Do however note that right now the plantain chips demand is on a steady incline but nobody has harnessed it properly as of yet. The marketing is defective and the strategy poor thus making the earnings rather pedestrian.

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by onyeudo234(m): 6:16pm On Jan 02, 2017
Karin001:

Your observation is very correct and your thinking is in sinc with the future. I currently sell plantain chips from two different companies and I can tell you that we are yet to maximise the potentials of this product. in the future it will be a principal export as the processes will be further improved. Just think clearly and if you are old enough you can see where it has come to in the last twenty years.

The future is bright for the entire plantain value chain. Right now plantain chips contributes over 25 percent of my earnings and it is about to increase. That is part of my goals this year; to triple my plantain chips earnings.

Stay in touch and I will show you how we can position ourselves to benefit from the Plantain uprising that I am expecting in a few years. Other products will come but mark my words, plantain will be king.

Do however note that right now the plantain chips demand is on a steady incline but nobody has harnessed it properly as of yet. The marketing is defective and the strategy poor thus making the earnings rather pedestrian.
Thanks for your help. I spoke with a producer of plantain chips resident in Lagos and she was complaining that the percentage net profit margin is very small. Now, my question is if I decide to go into plantain chips production ,using unique packaging and branding. Will it still be profitable. What do you think the ROI will be like in percentage terms
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by stunningjudy(f): 11:23am On Jan 14, 2017
Karin001 I have been reading as a guest since this year but logged in just to comment. You are God-sent. I sent you a PM. Kindly check your email, I have something to discuss with you. Thanks.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Happyfellow147: 11:23am On Jan 18, 2017
Karin001:
In the coming year, there is a very strong likelihood that this government will succeed in getting parliamentary approval to borrow 29 Billion Dollars that will be injected into the economy.

Some of us are aware of this very glaring information already. How have we seen this piece of news? How does it affect us?
i decoded you on one blog today with your comment. Good to know that you visit that blog. I'm a bv too
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 11:33am On Jan 19, 2017
Whats bv Sir?
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Iggyok(m): 8:38am On Jan 23, 2017
I wish everyone of us a very successful and prosperous new year. Thanks so much mrs karina for your wonderful new year messages,i just came across it today and they are quite thought-provoking.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Brosobukeni247: 6:38pm On Feb 02, 2017
Hello karin, I came across this thread earlier in the year and I was very inspired. The template you gave us for the FMCG was perfect. While I faithfully read through each page, a brand new idea came to me. Instead of having to go through the hassle of persuading or bribing or kicking someone else out of the game with a similar product (I believe most schools already have someone supplying either donuts or chin-chin), I decided to go with a new product... Pancakes... And I have stories to tell...Thank you for sharing your ideas and experiences. I also want to thank and appreciate everyone else who positively contributed to this thread.. . I believe there are so many ghost readers such as myself who have benefited immensely from your writings... Attached to this are pictures of the pancakes.. ..

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 10:53pm On Feb 02, 2017
Brosobukeni247:
Hello karin, I came across this thread earlier in the year and I was very inspired. The template you gave us for the FMCG was perfect. While I faithfully read through each page, a brand new idea came to me. Instead of having to go through the hassle of persuading or bribing or kicking someone else out of the game with a similar product (I believe most schools already have someone supplying either donuts or chin-chin), I decided to go with a new product... Pancakes... And I have stories to tell...Thank you for sharing your ideas and experiences. I also want to thank and appreciate everyone else who positively contributed to this thread.. . I believe there are so many ghost readers such as myself who have benefited immensely from your writings... Attached to this are pictures of the pancakes.. ..

Nothing gives me greater pleasure than this effort madam.

This is one of the few testimonies about this thread that keeps me driven to write more and to help even more people come to terms with the benefits of selling something that is needed and is affordable.

I felt really humbled when a particular lady wrote and thanked me profusely for initiating my snack thread series. She was so motivated that she started making meat-pies and selling through her Children's School tuck shop.

She was so pleasantly surprised at the positive response she received that she was drew confidence enough to approach neighbouring private schools and while some said yes some of course accepted to deal with her.

Today, she proudly serves over ten private Nursery and primary schools in Ilorin with fresh home-made meat-pies and she is happier for it and it is indeed quite fulfilling. She only sells about 1000 pieces a day and each one costs fifty Naira but she is satisfied with that and is looking confidently into the future.

Thanks you Madam pancakes.

May you remain in the forefront of the blossoming pancakes segment of the snacks industry.

Let us learn from this poster and commit to taking action immediately.

2 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by teakay87: 2:01pm On Feb 03, 2017
Please i will like to be a part of this. How do i get involved cos i need multiple streams of income
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by firi: 7:31am On Feb 26, 2017
Good morning ma. please can I get your email address?
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Yinkmillz(m): 4:29pm On Feb 27, 2017
Miss karin001, please am based in ilorin.. can i help in d distribution of your chin-chin and some other FMCGs.. pls reply via my email yinkmillz24@gmail.com
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Yinkmillz(m): 4:35pm On Feb 27, 2017
hayzed1090:

.So inspiring... I wish I have d strenght and courage u have. Can u pls help me with the proposal too. akinpeluazeez33@yahoo.com. Thanx
Can u pls send me d proposal too.
yinkmillz24@gmail.com
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Damolux01(m): 5:56pm On Feb 27, 2017
Pls, how do I become distributor of soft drinks especially Teem? I'm really interested in this. Thanks!
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 10:56am On Mar 07, 2017
Damolux01:
Pls, how do I become distributor of soft drinks especially Teem? I'm really interested in this. Thanks!

My suggestion is that you direct your findings to &up Bottling company.

You can reach them in Ijora or 7UP at the former Toll Gate, precisely Ikosi Road, Directly adjacent to the Motorways house if you are resident in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by 4tunebest(f): 5:28pm On Mar 28, 2017
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by deking(m): 1:49pm On Apr 05, 2017
This thread is too useful to be dead. @KARIN01 please bring back the vibe

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 7:56pm On Apr 05, 2017
deking:
This thread is too useful to be dead. @KARIN01 please bring back the vibe

Thanks Deking, I actually thought that the thread had outlived its usefulness. A lot of people followed thwe thread for a while, a few followers invested in FMCG businesses f their choice; some under my guidance and some on their own. Some of the investors fell aside on the journey and quite a few transformed their thinking into mega status.

I am happy a few people also appreciate the effort I put into this thread. On the whole I am happy that it was helpful to a few Nairalanders.

We will fill our ink jar and revisit this thread essentially every other day.

Once again, thanks Dekin for prompting a rebirth.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by deking(m): 5:14pm On Apr 06, 2017
Karin001:

Thanks Deking, I actually thought that the thread had outlived its usefulness. A lot of people followed thwe thread for a while, a few followers invested in FMCG businesses f their choice; some under my guidance and some on their own. Some of the investors fell aside on the journey and quite a few transformed their thinking into mega status.

I am happy a few people also appreciate the effort I put into this thread. On the whole I am happy that it was helpful to a few Nairalanders.

We will fill our ink jar and revisit this thread essentially every other day.

Once again, thanks Dekin for prompting a rebirth.

I think people who have been motivated by this and have been successful following the ideas should share testimonies. This obviously would be a good reference in the future even for kids that are in their formative years.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by aboutbiz: 11:43pm On Apr 06, 2017
Thank you so much Karin please can you guilde me through on how to packaged dodo ikire and sell and also can it also fall under FMCG
Thanks
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 3:56pm On Apr 09, 2017
aboutbiz:
Thank you so much Karin please can you guilde me through on how to packaged dodo ikire and sell and also can it also fall under FMCG
Thanks

Sir you have to explain what dodo ikire means. I really don't know what you mean here. Dodo I know, Kpekere I know.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Newway2(m): 5:23pm On Apr 09, 2017
Karin001:

Sir you have to explain what dodo ikire means. I really don't know what you mean here. Dodo I know, Kpekere I know.

Hmmmm.

Dodo Ikire is a delicious palm-oil fried spicy & peppered soft plantain. it's a delicacy of Ikire pple in Osun state.

Very soft plantain is used. D plantain is mashed, spiced, molded & deep fried in palm oil.

Hope ds helps?
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by aboutbiz: 6:48pm On Apr 11, 2017
mr newway2 thank you so much well explained
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by jjwax(m): 1:58am On Apr 19, 2017
mrsage:
Product suggestion.
Packaged Ogi also called pap or akamu. I assume it's a relatively new product.
Got it from a supermarket in Ikeja.
I have a picture. Retail price N70.

Please how can I where can I get this ogi. I want to start selling it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Paddy Adenuga: 'I Cannot Date A Lady That Wears Wig, I Have Standards' / Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited / Guide To Production Of Chemical Based Products In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.