Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,550 members, 7,809,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital (58790 Views)

22% Bi-Monthly Interest Rate On Frozen food distribution business In PH / From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) / N20,000 Changed To N10 Notes In Ibadan, Apata (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 19, 2016
I have read every post on this thread from the beginning to the end and I must say that I'm impressed.

Ma'am karin001, I'm a newbie.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by giggolo: 11:51am On Sep 19, 2016
Am with you on this and I want to suggest that you should consider this area too, Lasu ojo and environ thanks in anticipation
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Rhukie(f): 12:01pm On Sep 19, 2016
my sister will say whether you are selling or working at the office, we are all looking for thesame thing which is money and that statement completely change how i used to reason. @egopersonified you've made me a regular visitor in the business section.

@karin001 you have given me a reason to consider FMCG has a profitable venture. Although my locality (Yaba) is not added to the location you are considering (i dont know why) but i am following you bumper to bumper.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by shiftmarket(m): 1:14pm On Sep 19, 2016
Wrong thread.
This is mostly for sales of FMCG. Except you are marketing a particular product, am afraid that you may need to open a new thread.
Can we please start having specific names of products that will trigger our creativity to suggest others. Time de go and like they say, time is money.

scave:
make 30% income on any investment u make it is for real and it is free with free seminal also that is it is 100% free contact me on Whatsapp 08135327087. and it takes less of ur time

3 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by spotmataz: 1:51pm On Sep 19, 2016
Karin001:
This suggestion is exciting me too much.

I am just enlarging the positives that can accrue from a collaboration. I will think about it properly but I will give you a hint; Supposing a new product was launched and rather than allow it follow a traditional distribution channel we had a group /cooperative that has exclusive rights to the product and we represented different towns and cities and gave the producers cash and then retailed it directly using our already developed retail chain.

Just thinking though and I do think a lot.

Brilliant idea Karin.. You are just too much. Everything about the way you is as if you have multiple Ph D in Business, Retail Marketing, Consumer Behaviour and Start ups...

Don't be surprised when some ppl start contacting you to be a consultaNt to them Because of this thread.

Good job..

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Abusamie(m): 2:47pm On Sep 19, 2016
I'm also interested madam 08054247317 is my no.what of ikorodu
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by just2okworld(f): 3:19pm On Sep 19, 2016
Wow.....just stumbling on this thread,kudos to OP for a good job going on here, I'm a newbie in fmcg products,please can you elucidate on the products that falls under this sector ma?

God bless you @OP
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by biggal: 3:57pm On Sep 19, 2016
Many ppl don't understand what dis thread is all about. Dropping number
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Bionica: 5:59pm On Sep 19, 2016
biggal:
Many ppl don't understand what dis thread is all about. Dropping number

She never asked for numbers. Pls read from the beginning. Stop stereotyping.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by biggal: 6:06pm On Sep 19, 2016
Bionica am referring to d guy dat dropped his number above not anyone else. Tanx

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by rose75(f): 6:54pm On Sep 19, 2016
Peeps, what suggestions do we have as per the FMCG products?

The preamble is getting long.
We have a target, remember?
Please keep them coming, no suggestion is silly.

#Iamabusinessintern# angry angry

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by lexaydfg(m): 8:45pm On Sep 19, 2016
I started reading this thread around 5pm and now I am here....

First and foremost, I want to appreciate the effort of karin001, may God bless you. This is what I have been praying and searching for some time. To start-up a business and someone to mentor me, this is the right place to be.

Pertaining to the products you say we should mention, I haven't done a deep research about the business but I have been thinking about it.

PACKAGING OF LOCUST BEANS... Don't really know much about the business but this is what I have been thinking. what's your take on it?

Please, karin001, I am ready to learn and interested when the project start up even if I have to borrow to start this business. I really need to start doing something with my life and forget about gaining employment but rather be self-employed .

Once again thanks for this thread.. I'm following this thread and you(karin001,rose75,egopersonifined, blackie and others) May God bless you all.

2 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Allstrasse: 9:28pm On Sep 19, 2016
I thought through your response to my offer Madam and while I must confess that I was a tad disappointed with the rejection, it further raised the bar of my respect for you.

You are certainly a woman of integrity. Even the lure of money and power will not impugn your name.

Impressive.

Ditto to you too Rose75. I admire your enthusiasm.

Each time I open this thread I am overwhelmed with emotion.

I will advise all young people on Nairaland to read this thread with an open mind and implement whatever op suggests with determination and passion. Already I can see a lot of lives being changed on account of action taken on her advice.

Meanwhile, I would like to reiterate that my loan offer still stands.

Whenever you are ready Madam just pm me.

3 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by latestarter: 9:46pm On Sep 19, 2016
Blackkie,

I appreciate your contribution on this thread. Please can you place a link to your thread on egg distribution here. I've tried to find it without success. I want to be part of your experience

Karin,
You are a wonderful woman. You churn out ideas constantly and those of us who are not that smart are waiting anxiously. Please let the cat out of the bag if suggestions are not coming from other gurus. May be they want to see the joker you have up your sleeves but we can't wait to start something rolling.
I have great negative and positives experiences to share but I'd have loved to communicate with you directly. But I'm guided by your earlier conditions.

Please let's get going. Time is essential I guess.

Keep up with the good job guys

2 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Bionica: 11:39pm On Sep 19, 2016
latestarter:
Blackkie,

I appreciate your contribution on this thread. Please can you place a link to your thread on egg distribution here. I've tried to find it without success. I want to be part of your experience

Karin,
You are a wonderful woman. You churn out ideas constantly and those of us who are not that smart are waiting anxiously. Please let the cat out of the bag if suggestions are not coming from other gurus. May be they want to see the joker you have up your sleeves but we can't wait to start something rolling.
I have great negative and positives experiences to share but I'd have loved to communicate with you directly. But I'm guided by your earlier conditions.

Keep up with the good job guys

Karin,

Keep up with the good job guys[/quote]

You took this from my lips bro.

Madam Karin, I strongly suggest that you actually decide the product that we will adopt and sell in the chosen neighbourhoods. You are vastly experienced person in this F.M.C.G stuff. Just choose us and advise us on how to go about it.

Waiting for the suggestions and a proper debate in a democratic fashion will not help us. It can only hinder our progress.

I must tell you that early this morning I woke up and felt a strong desire to read your earlier thread on Chin-chin sales and when I did so a question popped up in my brain. Madam Karin, why are we putting so much effort into reinventing the wheel?
Why cant we adopt the chinchin product or something similar as The product for the experimentation?

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Iggyok(m): 1:08am On Sep 20, 2016
Having spent the whole night reading this thread on coming across it,i a serving corp member in Abia state hereby sign off by declaring this to be the best thread ever on nairaland. Kudos to the op and others for their sincerity of purpose.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Tyche(m): 4:31am On Sep 20, 2016
A laudable initiative, but gradually turning into a platform for semantics and self-servicing.
Op, its time to stop beating about the bush and go after the damn bush. BTW, I am a fan.

3 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by estwhile: 4:47am On Sep 20, 2016
@karin001,.......I'ld like to commend the efforts of all the contributors on this thread. I also want to indicate my interest in joining the first twenty to test run the project.

Keep up the good work.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by spotmataz: 7:21am On Sep 20, 2016
Bionica:

I must tell you that early this morning I woke up and felt a strong desire to read your earlier thread on Chin-chin sales and when I did so a question popped up in my brain. Madam Karin, why are we putting so much effort into reinventing the wheel?
Why cant we adopt the chinchin product or something similar as The product for the experimentation?

Is there a possibility that we continue with the chin chin idea with reference to this post above..?

Karin already has a prOduct.. Would it be ok if we worked with that?

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by latestarter: 7:38am On Sep 20, 2016
Blackkie,

I have accessed your thread on egg distribution
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by mrsage(m): 9:51am On Sep 20, 2016
Product suggestion.

Packaged Ogi also called pap or akamu. I assume it's a relatively new product.

Got it from a supermarket in Ikeja.

I have a picture. Retail price N70.

3 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Allstrasse: 10:30am On Sep 20, 2016
Karin, I hope you will understand my badgering you this much but you did request for contributions.

I am of the opinion that you should give some thought to the chin-chin or any other product that you have sold with some measure of success.

It will be easier for you to provide guidance based on your experience. While I agree that it is inarguable that you are a successful sales and marketing person and you probably can sell just about anything to anybody, that is only possible because you have intact references (you taught us this earlier, I honestly never knew about this).

The most significant lesson so far for me on this thread is the post on small wins.

That post is the game changer for all sales people. Little wins growing into big wins. Nothing could be more inspiring. This is the substance of success.

Little wins creating a strong base for hope faith and motivation to do bigger things in the future.

Thanks very much Karin for this piece. Back to my preference for chin-chin.

You have excelled in the distribution of this product. You have done it in Lagos and Port Harcourt successfully. You already know the product well, you know the market well and I daresay that you know the company well. Very few surprises can thus spring forth.

It appears that your choice of another product was anchored in your desiring an objectivity and level playing ground. This also made you limit the number of participants to just 20 which is a manageable size.

My advice is that you should stick with the devil you know and have conquered. Your protégées’ will benefit more and faster. With this as your approach you can even incorporate more people and achieve more success by expanding in terms of geography.

Other people in large and smaller cities will also benefit from your experience. You really cannot go wrong with this method. Give it some thought and consider it as a my very humble and modest contribution.

This is not self-serving. I am not an intending participant but just an observer cum supporter of this exercise.  

Wishing you all the very best.

5 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 10:51am On Sep 20, 2016
Thanks for all your contributions to this thread.

I have thought about it seriously. I have also consulted two mentors of mine and they both advised the same thing. Based on this information I have decided to develop a plan based on my personal experience.

It will be larger and more encompassing. We may even allow participants from outside Lagos provided we are all sure it will work.

I am working on this plan and hope to post it in two or at most three parts.

I will commence with Part one tomorrow and the second and third one on Thursday.

Commencement or launch date will now be 2nd of October.

2 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by shiftmarket(m): 11:21am On Sep 20, 2016
This looks like a good idea. It seems to fill most of the features suggested by Karin001.
Could you show us the picture of the manufacture, maybe some of us can start with this.

mrsage:
Product suggestion.

Packaged Ogi also called pap or akamu. I assume it's a relatively new product.

Got it from a supermarket in Ikeja.

I have a picture. Retail price N70.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Carmal90(m): 11:26am On Sep 20, 2016
Am here and ready to join the group, I personally feel group collaboration is the way for we that doesn't have enough capital...it is a welcome development for me...
And about the proximity of the where to sell d goods,am not disputing lagos, being d commercial hub of d nature,but I will say success can be achieved outside lagos as well.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by brownskingirl(f): 11:30am On Sep 20, 2016
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by shiftmarket(m): 12:34pm On Sep 20, 2016
Nylon business as suggested in this thread may not be a bad idea.
https://www.nairaland.com/3198075/profitable-business-start-15000-naira/11
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by rose75(f): 1:43pm On Sep 20, 2016
Karin001:

It will be larger and more encompassing. We may even allow participants from outside Lagos provided we are all sure it will work.

I am working on this plan and hope to post it in two or at most three parts.

So long as the plan is from the mentor's mentors, it sure will work.
So please spill it, our loins are girded.

Well-done ma'am.

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by nadalion: 2:04pm On Sep 20, 2016
biggal:
Thanks for this thread I have been looking for way to start this. I went to mkts within trans amadi in pH and make inquiries from ppl selling Garri. They go to delta to buy. From my observations I shld be making #500 from a bag if I supply to them at dat same price. There are more than 10 mkt in trans Amadi and each buys up to 50 bags a week. I couldn't continue due to finance. Op pls consider test running d project in ph or introduce me to any Biz I can do am tired of earning 20k as a graduate. Count me in pls

i sent you a pm, in regards this plan, reply so we can talk.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by biggal: 4:48pm On Sep 20, 2016
I have replied with my number
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by MnenaSadiku(f): 9:00am On Sep 21, 2016
I also have a suggestion.

Bread. Most people eat bread everyday. So I guess it qualifies as an FMCG product. What do you think, Karin?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Paddy Adenuga: 'I Cannot Date A Lady That Wears Wig, I Have Standards' / Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited / Guide To Production Of Chemical Based Products In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.