Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,226 members, 7,780,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:09 PM

'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology (42574 Views)

BODMAS MISUNDERSTANDING: Whose Fault? Teachers, Pupils Or Parents / The "O" In BODMAS Doesn't Stand For Of / Has PEDMAS Really Taken Over From BODMAS? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology by edwapkalmeed(m): 7:56am On Sep 14, 2016
BODMAS is a helpful acronym meaning brackets, order,
division, multiplication, addition and subtraction, ensuring
that equation steps are completed in the right order. A
mathematical question with multiple operations may give
different answers depending on the order in which it is
solved.
B → B rackets first (parentheses)
O → O f (orders i.e. Powers and Square Roots, Cube Roots, etc.)
DM → D ivision and M ultiplication (start from left to right)
AS → A ddition and S ubtraction (start from left to right)

you can also search for it online if u think I am lying .

http://www.math-only-math.com/bodmas-rule.html

https://www.reference.com/math/bodmas-mathematics-18d88167d079ce6a#

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology by freesinzu(m): 8:04am On Sep 14, 2016
angry
Re: 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology by menxer: 8:14am On Sep 14, 2016
So it is our teachers that are the reason for our lack of /disjointed progress all along, they removed "order" from all our calculations.

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology by Goddygee(m): 9:32am On Sep 14, 2016
Ok, when next i see my primary school teacher, this is wat i will do to him;

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology by Opistorincos(m): 9:39am On Sep 14, 2016
We've been getting it wrong all along but we can't blame our teachers sha, they probably didnt know too

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology by Marv650(m): 9:57am On Sep 14, 2016
Seriously, didn't know but it didn't affect me sha,maybe the of statement is to make it easy to call, or . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . smiley . . . . . . . . . . . . . . smiley . . . . . . check my signature and see if you can honestly help.
Re: 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology by ELPablochapo: 9:58am On Sep 14, 2016
Bros, people are looking for where to get daily bread and u are busy looking for irrelevant issues.

Don't get it twisted i am mathematician and the O of "OF" has been working out the right result since time immemorial so what is your trouble now?

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology by Folksyharry(m): 10:42am On Sep 14, 2016
I never knew this. Good info.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology by haywire07(m): 11:56am On Sep 14, 2016
What about us that knows d meaning but doesn't know how to apply it? cry

109 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology by Rockyrascal(m): 12:20pm On Sep 14, 2016
OP, you also owe me an apology.I mean this is actually an irrelevant issue compared to the way you placed it up there.

1 Like

Re: 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology by Wisegeek01(m): 12:24pm On Sep 14, 2016
"Somtin that I will af jus check GOOGLE all these Years" . .. mtchhew grin

5 Likes

Re: 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology by constance500: 1:35pm On Sep 14, 2016
my God grin
Re: 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology by piperson(m): 2:09pm On Sep 14, 2016
I am not understanding

2 Likes

Re: 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology by amtalkin(f): 2:09pm On Sep 14, 2016
Can you imagine years after university I'm just knowing this shocked shocked

This generation children will not take this shit na i trust them they google every word they hear.

3 Likes

Re: 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 14, 2016
That simply means certain calculations must have been wrong in the past.

2 Likes

Re: 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology by metallisc(m): 4:25pm On Sep 14, 2016
Oliviaarims:
That simply means certain calculations must have been wrong in the past.

damn! Olivia.. you are a dream!! kiss kiss
Re: 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 14, 2016
metallisc:

damn! Olivia.. you are a dream!! kiss kiss

Lol.
Re: 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 14, 2016
haywire07:

lol

1 Like

Re: 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology by Edroom: 7:13pm On Sep 14, 2016
Half baked student, half baked teacher
Re: 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology by Badassniggga(m): 7:19pm On Sep 14, 2016
Edroom:
Have baked student, have baked teacher
chai, English yaff dies... you need a refund from your English teacher dude...

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology by Ezekiel40(m): 7:38pm On Sep 14, 2016
Re: 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology by Ezekiel40(m): 7:39pm On Sep 14, 2016
Re: 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology by frankcris(m): 7:46pm On Sep 14, 2016
haywire07:

i am not understanding
Re: 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology by Fidelismaria: 9:04pm On Sep 14, 2016
were my microscope make I use am go find my math teacher

1 Like

Re: 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology by Syvyd199: 10:04pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hello every one, how are you? smiley
Re: 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology by edwapkalmeed(m): 12:33am On Sep 15, 2016
Lalasticlala, make it hit fp
Re: 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology by junnyjake(m): 1:12am On Sep 15, 2016
sure Chai, no be small apology we suppose demand o.
But I'm sure I've been getting my calculations right.
Re: 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology by Okaakoko(m): 6:20am On Sep 15, 2016
poor teachers
Re: 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology by hustler86(m): 7:10am On Sep 15, 2016
@OP 9c one, still u owe them a big THANK YOU 'coz they taught U wtout google.
Re: 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology by DONSMITH123(m): 7:17am On Sep 15, 2016
una mehn. see wetin that teacher chike teach me o

3 Likes

Re: 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology by HtwoOw: 7:18am On Sep 15, 2016
Una sabi research

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Share Your 2014 Waec Result Here,lets Celebrate Or Comfort You / Nddc International Scholarship Aptitude Test / ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.