Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,137 members, 7,780,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:01 AM

Advise Needed: Walden University Threatening To Sue Me. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Advise Needed: Walden University Threatening To Sue Me. (566 Views)

My Case With Walden University / Walden University / Laureate Education / Walden University Is On My Neck. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advise Needed: Walden University Threatening To Sue Me. by babeface3: 8:34am On Sep 14, 2016
I indicated my interest in a phd program at Walden University Online programs. I registered and was assigned a course adviser. The first week that classes were to commence, I had no internet access all through.

Due to my location at that moment, I knew it would be a waste of precious time running such program; I had very epileptic internet access. I tried to make it better but to no avail.

I immediately communicated my discontinuance to the course adviser who kept pressurizing me to keep trying for better internet. She said I should at least write something at the discussion platform at the virtual classroom and that I would be given time for assignments.

I told her that I couldnt even send mails (most telecom facilities were blown in some north east towns then. I am a humanitarian aid worker and was moved to one of the North Eastern states shortly after I registered for the course). I managed to go to a certain location to call and by chance they would get me on phone too.

After a while, the course adviser told me that I would be withdrawn automatically at a certain date.

I did not hear from anyone since then. After a while, when I was returned to Abuja, demand notices filled my email from Walden University including threat to put me on the Credit Bureaus and use international collection agency to recover an amount close to 400 dollars.

I have decided to take this matter to the ministry of foreign affairs and other relevant agencies.
Re: Advise Needed: Walden University Threatening To Sue Me. by t4westlife(m): 11:11am On Sep 23, 2017
What is the outcome of the matter as I am in the same dilemma as you are right now.. Let me know how you solved it

(1) (Reply)

Q90CAFE IS OPPOSITE LASPOTECH IN IKORODU / Project Topics And Materials In Islamic Religious Studies Education / Vlog: University Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.