Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Islamic Ruling On MMM - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamic Ruling On MMM (32384 Views)

What Is The Islamic Ruling On Blood Transfusion? / Islamic Ruling On April Fools / Islamic Ruling On Blowing Oneself Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamic Ruling On MMM by Okundaye4(m): 11:39am On Nov 18, 2016
Alright noted. But as long as am making cool cash from MMM, who cares?
Re: Islamic Ruling On MMM by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 18, 2016
grin grin
Re: Islamic Ruling On MMM by Bujumbura(m): 11:40am On Nov 18, 2016
Adek15:
Salam guys. I've been introduced to MMM since early this year but I was skeptical about it which made me to make some findings especially about where the 30% comes from among others. from my findings I think I'm convinced it's not haram (prohibited) but I still need some advice as I might be wrong. so brothers/sisters, is MMM acceptable Islamically?

pls evidence from the Quran/Sunnah will be highly appreciated. thanks.
Go and do MMM and leave islam for itself.

Poverty doesn't know religion

1 Like

Re: Islamic Ruling On MMM by Codeman01(m): 11:48am On Nov 18, 2016
*CAN MUSLIMS PARTAKE IN MMM NIGERIA SOCIAL FINANCIAL NETWORK ?*

Basically, mmm is community where people rendered or provide help in expectations for getting a more greater reward in help (30% per month above your initial help)
And what does An-Nasir says about providing help to others?

Islam teaches us to give alms and donation to seek for rewards in the Hereafter. Whenever we prepare some money to be pledged or donated, we already intend to get the rewards in the Hereafter.
Allah says in Surah Baqara (261-262):

*"The example of those who spend their wealth in the Way of Allah is like that of a grain of corn that sprouts seven ears, and in every ear there are a hundred grains. Thus Allah multiplies the action of whomsoever He wills. Allah is Munificent, All-Knowing.

Those who spend their wealth in the Way of Allah and do not follow up their spending by stressing their benevolence and causing hurt, will find their reward secure with their Lord. They have no cause for fear and grief"*

The Messenger of Allah – peace and prayer of Allah be upon him- also advised us, so that no matter how small that we give, we give it due to our fear of Allah’s punishment.

*"Fear the Hell, (and protect yourself from it) even with a half of date fruit. If you don’t have it, then by saying good words.”* (Narrated by Bukhari no. 1413, Muslim 1016, and others).

Verses and hadith that speak about this matter are numerous.

Islam also teaches us to give something to other without wishing for greater return. Allah reminded us,

*“and bestow not favor in order to seek from others a greater return,”* (Al Mudatsir :6)
The explanation of the above verse was explained further *’Do not give something to seek for a better return.’* (See: Tafseer al Qurthubi, 19/67).

My Brothers and Sisters in Allah's Deen, the devil will not stop in his tricks to lure Muslims to *Riba* shaitan will use different methods, ways and names to qualify Riba (Interest) such as reward, bonus, charge.

MMM is not Islamic and every Muslim should not get involved in it, as it has elements of Riba.

*What is Riba*

The literal translation of the Arabic word riba is increase, addition or growth, though it is usually translated as 'usury'. While English speakers usually understand usury as the charging of an exploitative interest rate, the word 'riba' in Arabic applies to a wider range of commercial practices.

Several methodologies exist in traditional and modern literature for understanding riba. However, two common elements of riba that are identified by almost all Muslim scholars are riba al-fadl and riba al-nasia .

Riba al-fadl involves an exchange of unequal quantities of the same commodity simultaneously, and could therefore be described as the usury of surplus. Riba al-nasia, the usury of waiting, involves the non-simultaneous exchange of equal quantities of the same commodity and does not therefore involve a surplus but only a difference in the timing of exchange. Some writers employ the term riba al-nasa to define such an exchange.

Hence, an exchange in which I part with 100 grammes of gold now in return for 100 grammes of gold to be received from you tomorrow can be described as riba al-nasia. An exchange in which I part with 100 grammes of gold now in return for 110 grammes of gold to be received from you now can be described as riba al-fadl.

The Combination of the above riba type now *Riba al-qarud*us what is applicable in MMM which makes it *Harram* for Muslims to partake in it.

*Allah's Warning*
Surah Rum:39 *And that which you give in riba to (others), in order that it may increase (your wealth by expecting to get a better one in return) from other people's property, has no increase with Allah*

Allah says in another verse Imran:30
*"O you who believe! Do not take Ribs doubled and multiplied, but fear Allah that you may be successful"*

And finally, as warning and reminder to everyone Believers who already in it, Allah says:
Baqara:278-279 *"O you who believe! Fear Allah and give up what remains (due to you) from riba (from now onward), if you're truly believers. And if you do not do it, then take a notice of war from Allah and His Messenger but if you repent, you shall have your capital sums.

Deal not unjustly, and you shall not be dealt with unjustly."*

A sincere advice from me to you.

May Allah endowed us with lawful means of income.
Re: Islamic Ruling On MMM by Danmaiduguri(m): 11:49am On Nov 18, 2016
Adek15:
Salam guys. I've been introduced to MMM since early this year but I was skeptical about it which made me to make some findings especially about where the 30% comes from among others. from my findings I think I'm convinced it's not haram (prohibited) but I still need some advice as I might be wrong. so brothers/sisters, is MMM acceptable Islamically?

Quran ch2:219 when they ask you (O
Muhammad SAW) concerning alcoholic dink and gambling. Say: "In them is a great sin, and (some)
benefit for men, but the sin of them is greater than their benefit." And they ask you what they ought to spend. Say: "That which is beyond your needs." Thus Allah makes clear to you His Laws in order that you may give thought."
Re: Islamic Ruling On MMM by shawl: 11:51am On Nov 18, 2016
sawdhiq:
Verses and hadith that speak about this matter are numerous.
“and bestow not favor in order to seek from others a greater return,” (Chapter Al Mudatstsir/The Cloaked One:6)
Ibnu interpreted this verse:

Thank you very much brother. I truly appreciate this.
Re: Islamic Ruling On MMM by Bimpe29: 11:56am On Nov 18, 2016
quadrialhaji:
Bismillahi Ar-rahmon Ar-raheem
MMM is not allowed in Islam why?
Read the two surah below
Surah An-Nisa, Verse 29:
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لَا تَأْكُلُوا أَمْوَالَكُم بَيْنَكُم بِالْبَاطِلِ إِلَّا أَن تَكُونَ تِجَارَةً عَن تَرَاضٍ مِّنكُمْ وَلَا تَقْتُلُوا أَنفُسَكُمْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ بِكُمْ رَحِيمًا

O you who believe! Eat not up your property among yourselves unjustly except it be a trade amongst you, by mutual consent. And do not kill yourselves (nor kill one another). Surely, Allah is Most Merciful to you.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

Surah An-Nisa, Verse 30:
وَمَن يَفْعَلْ ذَٰلِكَ عُدْوَانًا وَظُلْمًا فَسَوْفَ نُصْلِيهِ نَارًا وَكَانَ ذَٰلِكَ عَلَى اللَّهِ يَسِيرًا

And whoever commits that through aggression and injustice, We shall cast him into the Fire, and that is easy for Allah.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

It is clear with the surahs above that anything that bring return on your investment without exchange of goods and services is Haram also the 30% comes from the deposit of new users not from advertisement. The owner of the site can only make money from the advertisement, please my brother and sisters in Islam don't let us be tempted by this. Shaytan has promised to stand against us in every corner in order not to enter Jannah. Anything that bring return without exchange of goods and services is Haram in Islam, Allah Halam
MMM's 30% reward or return is not known to the parties involved, and so one has to be sure of where and what has led to it. Hence, it is haram owing to the Hadith of Holy Prophe (Peace be upon him), that says ''what is lawful is clear and what is unlawful is clear, but between the two are doubtful matters, and one should depart from that which is doubtful''
The source of 30% reward MMM offers is doubtful and as an obedient Muslim, you have to depart from it.
Allah knows best.
Juma'at Mubarak!
Re: Islamic Ruling On MMM by Shafiiimran99: 11:58am On Nov 18, 2016
Capital HARAM
Re: Islamic Ruling On MMM by presidentMZ: 12:00pm On Nov 18, 2016
MMM IS USURY, SEE SURATUL BAQARA VERSE 275, ALLAH MENTION IN THE GLORIOUS QURAN

الَّذِينَ يَأْكُلُونَ الرِّبَا لَا يَقُومُونَ إِلَّا كَمَا يَقُومُ الَّذِي يَتَخَبَّطُهُ الشَّيْطَانُ مِنَ الْمَسِّ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ بِأَنَّهُمْ قَالُوا إِنَّمَا الْبَيْعُ مِثْلُ الرِّبَا ۗ وَأَحَلَّ اللَّهُ الْبَيْعَ وَحَرَّمَ الرِّبَا ۚ فَمَنْ جَاءَهُ مَوْعِظَةٌ مِنْ رَبِّهِ فَانْتَهَىٰ فَلَهُ مَا سَلَفَ وَأَمْرُهُ إِلَى اللَّهِ ۖ وَمَنْ عَادَ فَأُولَٰئِكَ أَصْحَابُ النَّارِ ۖ هُمْ فِيهَا خَالِدُونَ

Those who live on usury will not rise up before Allah except like those who are driven to madness by the touch of Shaitan. That is because they claim: "Trading is no different than usury, but Allah has made trading lawful and usury unlawful. He who has received the admonition from his Rabb and has mended his way may keep his previous gains; Allah will be his judge. Those who turn back (repeat this crime), they shall be the inmates of hellfire wherein they will live for ever.
MMM IS USURY

1 Like

Re: Islamic Ruling On MMM by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 18, 2016
Honestly we must look inward with open mind to translate these verse to suit the present realities of things. We should not just look at the literal meaning of these verses and be carjol into them. It is those direct translations that leads to all these deadly groups that kills people anyhow. All Islamic countries with all their Quranic knowledge directly or indirectly keyed into the financial system of the world which are riddled with interest- the type we are against.
Check out these involvement:
If you ever put your money in the bank.
Saudi Arabia is presently having more than 500billion dollar in their foreign reserve a system we are all against. All these money is in the west. Imagine if they rotate this money among Islamic countries as a free interest loan.
MMM 30% is to encourage people to help themselves. And this money is certain to come. I wonder if the definition of gambling has changed!
What has all the Muslim world done with their dollars to help the downtrodden Muslims apart from sponsoring sectarian crises?
Must we criticize every progressive moves just because it is not coming from our scholars.
Buhari is already trying to borrow $29b with plenty interest. This should be our concern and not individuals quest to be financially stable.
Re: Islamic Ruling On MMM by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 18, 2016
It fulfills the definition of a pyramid scheme. This is the Islamic ruling on pyramid schemes...

https://islamqa.info/en/96708
Re: Islamic Ruling On MMM by surfmar11(m): 12:45pm On Nov 18, 2016
AnonyNymous:
Oga
MMM just collapsed in Zambia
In case you didn't get the news
Nigeria could be next
The founder of this nonsense was arrested in Russia
So if you get sense
Keep your money and go and do something with your hands
Insteadnof asking your dead prophet for advice
U Made sense in ur summation however u spoil it with ur last sentence when u began to delve into what is beyound ur knowledge. Please leave our noble Prophet out of it. May Allah forgive u.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Ruling On MMM by Obas101(m): 12:56pm On Nov 18, 2016
Adek15:
since nobody is saying anything, I'll take it that it isn't haram...
MMM here I come
I can put you through on everything you need to know.. Chat me up 08062522014
Re: Islamic Ruling On MMM by Obas101(m): 1:00pm On Nov 18, 2016
lexiconkabir:

I have answered this question before HERE, this is what i said

You are wrong sir.. Its not by attracting ppl you get ur money. Tho enlighten ppl to join is needed cos it's a collective effort. Gambling is a game of chance, u win or u lose bt MMM always yield a 30% in investment made.
Re: Islamic Ruling On MMM by ashas50(m): 1:04pm On Nov 18, 2016
Well i am a Muslim, If mmm is an Harram, then fixing your money in a bank is also an Harram as well, becos mmm work in dat way. trully if u dont understand how mmm works, u might believe is not real or is an arram, unless u get the ideology of it.Mmm is seeing the 30% through crowd funding, Taye give Keny his money that is not ready to use at the moment, while keny use the money and wen taye need his money idowu give him and another person give idowu when he need it, etc

1 Like

Re: Islamic Ruling On MMM by Obas101(m): 1:06pm On Nov 18, 2016
AnonyNymous:
Oga
Nigeria could be next
So if you get sense
You don't know anything, get ur facts right b4 uttering nonsense. It was in d past he was arrested nd during dat time it was a central account so wen d government shut it down ppl lost their money because there was no way to pay dem back. Now d system have changed instead of a central account d money is paid to a fellow participant directly. MMM is operating in over 20 countries for ur information. Nd the reason y Zimbabwe MMM crashed was because they were greedy nd they were giving 100% on investment
Re: Islamic Ruling On MMM by sirseven: 1:09pm On Nov 18, 2016
AnonyNymous:
Oga
Nigeria could be next
So if you get sense
wat about ur dead god jesus
Re: Islamic Ruling On MMM by maaji: 1:34pm On Nov 18, 2016
But d system says do not use all ur savingsss. Yes or no??
Re: Islamic Ruling On MMM by maaji: 1:37pm On Nov 18, 2016
quadrialhaji:
To go deeper in Tafsir of the Ayaat above the question is, if you offer help and the system flop and you are unable to get back your money. Will you be happy? If answer is no you have killed yourself according to that Aayah above also if you receive help and the system flop, will the person that offer help to you be happy? If answer is no, you have killed one another according to the Aayah above and it's also an injustice to that person. Allah forbid us not to kill ourselves or one another when He has been so merciful to us. He only allow trade (Exchange of goods and services). MMM is just a mordernize way of gambling and ponzi scheme. Please lets strive for Akhirah whether we are rich or poor we will all die and we will surely give account to Allah on everything we have earned on surface of the earth. The rulings of shariah on interest(Riba or usury) is also apply to this MMM too, I will round up my messages by remembering us an hadith that says

Prophet Muhammed (saw) says Riba is of seventy types (70), the sin of the least of them is equivalent to somebody who commit illegal sexual intercourse with his own mother.
but d system say no use ur life savings. And na u go make d tin crash haba. U do buisness. Cos someone did his and it crashes den if u do urs will crash abi. Pls use ur head my muslim broders. Haba. D tin dey pain me. Person dey wey him pone blow burn him face. Cos of dat u no go use pone again . Habaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Islamic Ruling On MMM by maaji: 1:39pm On Nov 18, 2016
D problem of pooor people is dey will neva understand a thing. Investigate d 30% well. Dose wo say e go crash u want it to crash in nigeria. Let pray for it to last here for long. Habaaaa. So cos person build hose e collapse u wunt sleep in ur house again. Habaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

1 Like

Re: Islamic Ruling On MMM by Ekun123: 1:42pm On Nov 18, 2016
As salam alaykum, There are basic questions that still left unanswered in this MMM thing. Which transaction are they doing to get such huge return? It is a game of some gaining high and others will eventually lose which is not ethical. The populace have to be saved from action of a Muslim either in business or any other thing. I saw a similar response to somewhat similar question.May ALLAH be our guide.

Multi-level Marketing
The Standing Committee for Academic Research and Issuing Fatwas has received many questions about pyramid marketing companies such as the “Business” and “Hibbat al-Jazeerah” companies, whose work may be summed up as being the attempt to convince a person to buy a product on the basis that he will also convince others to buy; they in turn will convince others, and so on. The more levels of participants there are, the more the first person will gain in commission, reaching thousands of riyals. Every participant convinces others to join in return for a large commission, if he is successful in getting new customers to join his list of members. This is what is called pyramid marketing or network marketing.

Praise be to Allaah.
The Committee replied: This kind of dealing is haraam, because the purpose of this dealing is to earn commission, not to buy the product. The commission may reach tens of thousands, whilst the product is not worth more than a few hundred. Any smart person who is offered a choice between the two will choose the commission. Hence these companies rely on marketing and advertising of their product which emphasizes the size of the large commission which the participant can earn, and offers the incentive of a large profit in return for a small sum, which is the price of the product. The product marketed by such companies is merely a screen or a means of earning these commissions and profits. Because this commission is really the point of the transaction, it is haraam according to sharee’ah for several reasons:
1 – It involves riba of two types, riba al-fadl (involving exchange of goods of the same type but of different quantity) and riba al-nasi’ah (involving deferred payment of a larger amount than would be paid if it were paid immediately). The participant pays a small amount of money in order to gain a lot of money, in other words he pays cash for cash of a different amount and with deferred payment. This is the kind of riba that is forbidden according to the texts and to scholarly consensus. The product which the company sells to the agent is simply a screen for this transaction; it is not what the participant is seeking and it makes no difference to the ruling.
2 – It is a kind of gharar (ambiguous transaction) that is forbidden in sharee’ah, because the participant does not know whether he will be successful in finding the number of purchasers (participants) required or not. No matter how long pyramid or network marketing lasts, it must inevitably reach an end, and when a person joins the pyramid he does not know whether he will be in a higher level and thus make a profit, or in the lower levels and thus make a loss. The fact of the matter is that most of the members of the pyramid lose out, except for the few at the top. So what usually happens is loss, which is the case of all ambiguous transactions. One of two things may happen, and it is usually the one that is most feared. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade ambiguous transactions, as was narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh.
3 – These transactions involve consuming people’s wealth unlawfully, because these contracts benefit no one but the companies and some participants whom the company encourages with the aim of tricking others. This is what is forbidden in the Qur’aan, where Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“O you who believe! Eat not up your property among yourselves unjustly”
[al-Nisa’ 4:29]
4 – This transaction involves cheating, deceiving and tricking people, by showing the product as if that is the purpose of this transaction, when that is not the case, and by enticing them with the idea of large commission which people do not usually earn. This is the kind of deceit that is forbidden in sharee’ah. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever deceives us is not one of us.” Narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh. And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The two parties to a transaction have the choice, so long as they have not parted. If they are sincere and open in their dealings, the transaction will be blessed for them, but if they lie and conceal anything, the blessing of their transaction will be erased.” Agreed upon.
With regard to the view that this transaction is a kind of brokerage, this is not true. Brokerage is a transaction whereby the broker receives payment in return for selling the product, whereas in network marketing the participant pays a fee in order to market the product. Brokerage means marketing the product in a real sense, unlike network marketing where the real aim is to market the transaction, not the product, so the participant markets to others who will market to others who will market to others and so on, unlike brokerage in which the broker markets the product to those who really want the product. The difference between the two is quite clear.
With regard to the view that the transaction is a kind of gift, this is also not true. Even if we accept that, not every gift is permissible according to sharee’ah. A gift given in return for a loan is riba. Hence ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Salaam said to Abu Burdah (may Allaah be pleased with them both): “You are in a land where riba is widespread among them. If you have some right over a man and he gives you a load of straw or a load of barley or a load of fodder, this is riba.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari in his Saheeh.
Gifts are subject to the rulings on the reason for which they are given. Hence the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, concerning the zakaat-collector who came and said: “This is for you and this is what was given to me as a gift”: “Why don’t you sit in the house of your father and mother and see whether you are given any gifts or not?” Agreed upon.
These commissions are only paid for the purpose of joining the network marketing scheme, no matter what names are given to them, whether they are called gifts or anything else. That does not change their nature or the ruling on them in the slightest.
It is worth mentioning that there are companies that have appeared in the market which follow the practices of network marketing or pyramid marketing, such as “Smartest Way”, “Gold Quest” and “Seven Diamonds”. The ruling on these companies is no different from the ruling on the companies mentioned above, even though the products they offer may vary.
And Allaah is the Source of strength. May Allaah send blessings and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions.
Re: Islamic Ruling On MMM by maaji: 1:51pm On Nov 18, 2016
Ekun123:
As salam alaykum, There are basic questions that still left unanswered in this MMM thing. Which transaction are they doing to get such huge return? It is a game of some gaining high and others will eventually lose which is not ethical. The populace have to be saved from action of a Muslim either in business or any other thing. I saw a similar response to somewhat similar question.May ALLAH be our guide.

Multi-level Marketing
The Standing Committee for Academic Research and Issuing Fatwas has received many questions about pyramid marketing companies such as the “Business” and “Hibbat al-Jazeerah” companies, whose work may be summed up as being the attempt to convince a person to buy a product on the basis that he will also convince others to buy; they in turn will convince others, and so on. The more levels of participants there are, the more the first person will gain in commission, reaching thousands of riyals. Every participant convinces others to join in return for a large commission, if he is successful in getting new customers to join his list of members. This is what is called pyramid marketing or network marketing.

Praise be to Allaah.
The Committee replied: This kind of dealing is haraam, because the purpose of this dealing is to earn commission, not to buy the product. The commission may reach tens of thousands, whilst the product is not worth more than a few hundred. Any smart person who is offered a choice between the two will choose the commission. Hence these companies rely on marketing and advertising of their product which emphasizes the size of the large commission which the participant can earn, and offers the incentive of a large profit in return for a small sum, which is the price of the product. The product marketed by such companies is merely a screen or a means of earning these commissions and profits. Because this commission is really the point of the transaction, it is haraam according to sharee’ah for several reasons:
1 – It involves riba of two types, riba al-fadl (involving exchange of goods of the same type but of different quantity) and riba al-nasi’ah (involving deferred payment of a larger amount than would be paid if it were paid immediately). The participant pays a small amount of money in order to gain a lot of money, in other words he pays cash for cash of a different amount and with deferred payment. This is the kind of riba that is forbidden according to the texts and to scholarly consensus. The product which the company sells to the agent is simply a screen for this transaction; it is not what the participant is seeking and it makes no difference to the ruling.
2 – It is a kind of gharar (ambiguous transaction) that is forbidden in sharee’ah, because the participant does not know whether he will be successful in finding the number of purchasers (participants) required or not. No matter how long pyramid or network marketing lasts, it must inevitably reach an end, and when a person joins the pyramid he does not know whether he will be in a higher level and thus make a profit, or in the lower levels and thus make a loss. The fact of the matter is that most of the members of the pyramid lose out, except for the few at the top. So what usually happens is loss, which is the case of all ambiguous transactions. One of two things may happen, and it is usually the one that is most feared. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade ambiguous transactions, as was narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh.
3 – These transactions involve consuming people’s wealth unlawfully, because these contracts benefit no one but the companies and some participants whom the company encourages with the aim of tricking others. This is what is forbidden in the Qur’aan, where Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“O you who believe! Eat not up your property among yourselves unjustly”
[al-Nisa’ 4:29]
4 – This transaction involves cheating, deceiving and tricking people, by showing the product as if that is the purpose of this transaction, when that is not the case, and by enticing them with the idea of large commission which people do not usually earn. This is the kind of deceit that is forbidden in sharee’ah. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever deceives us is not one of us.” Narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh. And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The two parties to a transaction have the choice, so long as they have not parted. If they are sincere and open in their dealings, the transaction will be blessed for them, but if they lie and conceal anything, the blessing of their transaction will be erased.” Agreed upon.
With regard to the view that this transaction is a kind of brokerage, this is not true. Brokerage is a transaction whereby the broker receives payment in return for selling the product, whereas in network marketing the participant pays a fee in order to market the product. Brokerage means marketing the product in a real sense, unlike network marketing where the real aim is to market the transaction, not the product, so the participant markets to others who will market to others who will market to others and so on, unlike brokerage in which the broker markets the product to those who really want the product. The difference between the two is quite clear.
With regard to the view that the transaction is a kind of gift, this is also not true. Even if we accept that, not every gift is permissible according to sharee’ah. A gift given in return for a loan is riba. Hence ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Salaam said to Abu Burdah (may Allaah be pleased with them both): “You are in a land where riba is widespread among them. If you have some right over a man and he gives you a load of straw or a load of barley or a load of fodder, this is riba.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari in his Saheeh.
Gifts are subject to the rulings on the reason for which they are given. Hence the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, concerning the zakaat-collector who came and said: “This is for you and this is what was given to me as a gift”: “Why don’t you sit in the house of your father and mother and see whether you are given any gifts or not?” Agreed upon.
These commissions are only paid for the purpose of joining the network marketing scheme, no matter what names are given to them, whether they are called gifts or anything else. That does not change their nature or the ruling on them in the slightest.
It is worth mentioning that there are companies that have appeared in the market which follow the practices of network marketing or pyramid marketing, such as “Smartest Way”, “Gold Quest” and “Seven Diamonds”. The ruling on these companies is no different from the ruling on the companies mentioned above, even though the products they offer may vary.
And Allaah is the Source of strength. May Allaah send blessings and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions.
here no product to sell. U can even do it witout introducing others. U dont get. D tin u should investigate is how d 30% comes about. Secondly how does d owner make money?? Den ask yurself how does mark zugerberg make money. Dis is a system dat if u do not introduce anyone u will still get ur reward. Even d reward comes from other people not dat d owner puts his money. Pls understand mmm well
Re: Islamic Ruling On MMM by omostar: 1:57pm On Nov 18, 2016
Obas101:

You are wrong sir.. Its not by attracting ppl you get ur money. Tho enlighten ppl to join is needed cos it's a collective effort. Gambling is a game of chance, u win or u lose bt MMM always yield a 30% in investment made.

You win for as long as the scheme is sustainable. Eventually, some people will fall victim when it collapses and that is not being your brother's keeper. I remember when similar scheme came to Ibadan some ten years ago, some people actually committed suicide when it collapsed. MMM is gambling and riba combined because nobody knows when it will collapse and because it assures you of a fixed return on an investment not used for real trade.

Islamic finance is all out to ensure social justice and the viability of the society. If majority decide to start doing mmm and refrain from real trade, then how will the society move forward?
Re: Islamic Ruling On MMM by maaji: 2:16pm On Nov 18, 2016
omostar:

You win for as long as the scheme is sustainable. Eventually, some people will fall victim when it collapses and that is not being your brother's keeper. I remember when similar scheme came to Ibadan some ten years ago, some people actually committed suicide when it collapsed. MMM is gambling and riba combined because nobody knows when it will collapse and because it assures you of a fixed return on an investment not used for real trade.

Islamic finance is all out to ensure social justice and the viability of the society. If majority decide to start doing mmm and refrain from real trade, then how will the society move forward?
so u praying it collapses or wat Banks collapses wit ur money too. So keeping money in bank is haram because u hear dat skybank has collapse u will not save money in firstbank again?? Notin in dis world has assurances. As am browsing now I fit die. So cos u hear say as I dey browse I die den u will not use pone again so u will not die again abi Habaaaa
Re: Islamic Ruling On MMM by omostar: 2:25pm On Nov 18, 2016
maaji:
so u praying it collapses or wat Banks collapses wit ur money too. So keeping money in bank is haram because u hear dat skybank has collapse u will not save money in firstbank again?? Notin in dis world has assurances. As am browsing now I fit die. So cos u hear say as I dey browse I die den u will not use pone again so u will not die again abi Habaaaa

This is not a matter of prayers. It is a fact, any pyramid can not survive, more so a crude one like mmm. And yes, banks do collapse, but they are more regulated to protect having too many victims and that is why islamic banking is still the ultimate solution in my own opinion.

And you know the thing with those pyramid scheme like mmm? it will eventually lead to public unrest when it eventually collapses after having being too widespread. Again, I am not praying it collapses but, that is what usually happens in countries where it had collapsed in the past. Countries like albania, ireland and colombia are examples.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Ruling On MMM by Bimpe29: 2:36pm On Nov 18, 2016
MMM's 30% reward or return is not known to the parties involved, and so one has to be sure of where and what has led to it. Hence, it is haram owing to the Hadith of Holy Prophe (Peace be upon him), that says ''what is lawful is clear and what is unlawful is clear, but between the two are doubtful matters, and one should depart from that which is doubtful''
The source of 30% reward MMM offers is doubtful and as an obedient Muslim, you have to depart from it.
Allah knows best.
Juma'at Mubarak!

1 Like

Re: Islamic Ruling On MMM by YoungSoldier(m): 3:25pm On Nov 18, 2016
Re: Islamic Ruling On MMM by YoungSoldier(m): 3:26pm On Nov 18, 2016
Re: Islamic Ruling On MMM by Zealoy(m): 5:15pm On Nov 18, 2016
Keep on haraming while I keep on hammering. MMM as long as am concerned made me a young millionaire, money that I can't even make for 10yrs after my schooking, I made it within 1yr baba God noni
Re: Islamic Ruling On MMM by YoungSoldier(m): 5:43pm On Nov 18, 2016
Zealoy:
Keep on haraming while I keep on hammering. MMM as long as am concerned made me a young millionaire, money that I can't even make for 10yrs after my schooking, I made it within 1yr baba God noni
Hi man. Bad things seem good and interesting to humans whereas good things seem bad. So its better you run away from those bad things that seem good not only because of now but also thereafter when we shall all be judged according to our actions and deeds.
Re: Islamic Ruling On MMM by masuga: 5:43pm On Nov 18, 2016
Adek15:

My brother, the 30% is simply Interest "Riba" which is strongly condemned by Allah (S.W.T.). Make Allah (S.W.T.) increase our Hallal Incomes and prevent us from eating Haram (Ameen). Please take your time to digest the below Lecture for better understanding;

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

Dealing with Riba is one of the Major Sins

(Friday speech delivered by Imam Mohamed Baianonie at the Islamic Center of Raleigh NC on December 5, 1997)

Dealing with riba (usury or interest) has spread widely among many Muslims today, to the point that many Muslims do not see any problem with it, either because of lack of knowledge or absent-mindedness. Despite the fact that all Muslim scholars agree that dealing with riba (usury or interest) is a major sin because the prophet (S.A.W.) mentioned explicitly in a hadith reported by Imam Bukhari and Muslim, "Avoid the seven destructive sins", then he mentioned one of them as, "and dealing with riba (usury or interest)"

What is riba? riba linguistically means in Arabic an increase. And in Islamic terminology means, an increase agreed upon over the loan with consideration for the time, whether this increase is small or large because Allah (S.W.T.) says in surat Al-Baqarah, (Verse 279), what can be translated as, "But if you repent (from dealing with riba), you shall have your capital sums. Deal not unjustly (by asking more than your capital sums), and you shall not be dealt with unjustly (by receiving less than your capital sums)."

Many verses and many authentic Ahadith have declared that dealing with riba is very prohibited. Some of these verses and Ahadith will be mentioned in this khutbah.

Dealing with riba is forbidden not only in the Islamic (sharia’h) laws, but also in the previous divine legislation. Allah (S.W.T.) says about the Jews in surat An-Nisa’, (Verses 160 & 161), what can be translated as, "For the wrong -doing of the Jews, We made unlawful to them certain good foods which had been lawful to them, and for their hindering many from Allah’s Way. And their taking of riba (usury/interest) though they were forbidden from taking it and their devouring of men’s substance wrongfully." From the transgression, the oppression, and the corruption of the Jews was hindering many from Allah’s Way and dealing with riba (usury/interest) while it is forbidden. Imam Ibn Katheer says Allah forbade them, the Jews, from dealing with riba, but they dealt with it and took it and tried to deceive Allah with many forms of interest.

The holy Qur'an has talked about riba in many places in chronological order:

In the period of Makkah, Allah (S.W.T.) says in surat Ar-Roum, (Verse 39), what can be translated as, "And that which you give in riba (to others), in order that it may increase (your wealth by expecting to get a better one in return) from other people’s property, has no increase with Allah."

Then, in the period of Al-madinah, interest was explicitly prohibited in the saying of Allah (S.W.T.), in surat Ale-Emran, (Verse 30), what can be translated as, "O you who believe! Do not take riba doubled and multiplied, but fear Allah that you may be successful."

Then, another revelation came down in the saying of Allah (S.W.T.) in surat Al-Baqarah, (Verse 275 & 276), what can be translated as, "Those who deal with riba will not stand (on the day of Resurrection) except like the standing of a person beaten by Shaitan (Satan) leading him to insanity. That is because they say: "Trading is only like riba," whereas Allah has permitted trading and forbidden riba. So whosoever receives an admonition from his Lord and stops dealing with riba shall not be punished for the past: his case if for Allah (to judge); but whoever returns to dealing with riba, such are the dweller of the Fire-they will abide therein. Allah destroys riba and will give increase for Sadaqat (deeds of charity, alms, etc.) and Allah does not like the disbelievers, sinners."

Then, the last thing that was revealed about the prohibition of interest was the saying of Allah (S.W.T.) in surat Al-Baqarah, (Verses 278 & 279), what can be translated as, "O you who believe! Fear Allah and give up what remains (due to you) from riba (from now onward), if you are truly believers. And if you do not do it, then take a notice of war from Allah and His Messenger but if you repent, you shall have your capital sums. Deal not unjustly, and you shall not be dealt with unjustly." This last verse is an emphatic argument that would silence those who say, "interest is not forbidden unless it is a high percentage." But it is clear that Allah did not allow for the person to receive except the exact capital, no more and no less."

Imam Ibn Katheer says about these two verses, "The believers said: We repent to Allah (S.W.T.) and leave what remained from riba, so they left it all, and this is a severe warning and an assertive punishment for those who keep dealing with riba after they are warned. Ibn Abbas (R.A.A.) said about the saying of Allah "then take a notice of war from Allah and His Messenger…" In the day of Judgment will be said for the one who dealt with riba: prepare yourself and take your weapon to war, and the riba eater is resurrected on the day of judgment as insane to be strangled.

Imam Bukhari reported that the prophet (S.A.W.) had a long night dream part of that the prophet said, "....then we came to a red river like blood, I saw a man swimming in it and another on the river bank had gathered many stones. The swimmer started swimming toward the man on the riverbank and when he got to him, he opened his mouth to feed him the stones. Then the prophet (S.A.W.) said, that is the riba eater."

Imam Muslim reported that the prophet (S.A.W.) said: "The messenger of Allah cursed the eater of riba, (usury/interest) and the one who feeds it." Imam At-Tirmithi and other scholars of hadith added to this hadith from another narration: "and its witness and its writer."

Imam Ahmad reported in an authentic hadith that the prophet (S.A.W.) said, "Dirham (the smallest coin like a penny)of interest eaten by a man with knowledge is more severe than thirty-six acts of fornication or adultery."

After we heard all of these clear verses and many authentic ahadith that make riba (interest/usury) very prohibited, we should repent to Allah and stop dealing with riba, small or large and not to deceive ourselves by changing the name of the forbidden riba to more appealing names like interest. Its large increase is forbidden, as well as its small. We should not try to come up with excuses to deal with interest, because nothing hides from Allah (S.W.T.).
Re: Islamic Ruling On MMM by Zealoy(m): 6:08pm On Nov 18, 2016
YoungSoldier:
Hi man. Bad things seem good and interesting to humans whereas good things seem bad. So its better you run away from those bad things that seem good not only because of now but also thereafter when we shall all be judged according to our actions and deeds.
leave that thing joor as long as am not killing anybody or stealing anyone's money nothing is stoping me not even d recession, the problem with we Nigerians is that we are blinded by religions as if religion go put food for my table

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave / Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? / Sheik Dahiru Bauchi Defies Sultan, Holds Eid On Wednesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.