Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption (12157 Views)

See The Amount She Was Charged For Using Electricity (photo) / Lekki Gardens Managing Director Charged With Manslaughter / Exorbitant Fees Charged By Adron Properties Afterpurchase Of A Land At Shimawa . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption by Deejay777(m): 7:27am On Sep 15, 2016
Dey charge 4k per month yet we only c light 3hrs/day @ado-Ekiti. Even BEDC workas re scared nd ashamed 2 cum nd disconect our light
Re: How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption by goldedprince: 7:29am On Sep 15, 2016
How nuch to run i pass my neighbour non stop for 1 day?
Re: How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption by adaweezy(m): 7:30am On Sep 15, 2016
IKDEC charge me twice a month by sending two bills with similar amounts for the same house.

i simply pay one.
Re: How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption by fendorf(m): 7:30am On Sep 15, 2016
1500 to 2k monthly
Re: How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption by Billionsmith: 7:36am On Sep 15, 2016
they didn't charge Us for the period of 3 month now. We have outstanding of 92k and I think they have resorted to understanding that things are not the same.
Re: How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption by rhymaholic: 7:42am On Sep 15, 2016
Prepaid meter is the way to go. The 5,000 naira unit I bought usually last for about 13 weeks, for a 4 - bedroom flat. That's good enough. Do whatever it takes to get a prepaid meter even if it means paying for it for them to speed up the process, do it you'd be happy you did over time.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption by treebuds: 7:43am On Sep 15, 2016
EEDC exploits their consumers. It is very wrong. In this case the customers has no right. No prepaid meter no negotiations on how much per point of light.
Re: How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption by Leopantro: 7:44am On Sep 15, 2016
Billionsmith:
they didn't charge Us for the period of 3 month now. We have outstanding of 92k and I think they have resorted to understanding that things are not the same.

this is hilarious.
we have never had it so good. lack of electricity is so good that I can no longer watch lai Mohammad tell me, over the TV that electricity production has increased to blah blah blah.
Re: How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption by Emeka71(m): 7:45am On Sep 15, 2016
Armstrong34:
Pls Nairalanders Hw much were u billed for power consumption for September......

our's skyrocketed to 12k from initial bill of 3k per each flat in a compound of 6 flats....

so we d tenants angrily mobilized ourselves n dashed off to NEPA's office 2 tear down d buildingcheesy

getting to NEPA office we discovered our bill was d cheapest as we were shocked to c bills of 36k,186k,86k,96k........
my question remains how much does one earn to deceive such a Crazy bill
NEPA was insistin dat d increase in tariff was given 2 d all customers

lalasticlala I know dis is not abt snake buh do d needful
Maybe because they now give much light; the condition of light is improved; we now have nearly 24 hours light.
Re: How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption by kevoh(m): 7:46am On Sep 15, 2016
My bill moved from 9k (Divided by 3 flats) last December to 34k by February 2016 and then switched between 34k to 37k till June with so much complain and curses on Fashola angry angry Then AEDC finally came to their senses and installed the prepaid meters paid for by the landlord in each flat, now I only use(heavily) N3000 to N3500 grin grin grin with smiles. If they like they should take the light for 3 weeks sef, I know I will only pay for what I have used unlike before.

1 Like

Re: How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption by mrkel(m): 7:51am On Sep 15, 2016
Op i'll recommend you go for Prepaid meter. Using prepaid meter actually gives you the opportunity of managing how you use your unit. In my case, I had to change all my lighting points to energy bulbs. So the only devices in my house that consumes energy is my fridge, electronics and pumping my bore hole. And what I spend every month will amaze you. I spend 4k every month to buy my token. And do not even consume all the unit in a month. In my area we usually have power for 9 hours every week day and at weekend 14 hours. Lets I forget, what I also do is that I always ensure that whatever lighting points I ain't using is put off. That way it helps in saving my unit. Prepaid meter is the panacea for stemming the incidences of bogus and outrageous bills.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption by fflamingo(m): 7:54am On Sep 15, 2016
fluctuate but on average 7k, payment isn't the problem but it is outright insane to pay for what you did not consume during this recession era.
Re: How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption by kokomilala(m): 7:56am On Sep 15, 2016
My residence of one flat, one self-contained, two rooms and three shops, N11, 580 something.Never experienced this unconscionable guess billing from NEPA before.Presumably, they just guess and dish out bills without reading metres.
Re: How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption by Noloss(f): 7:57am On Sep 15, 2016
mercichoco:
In my area, they share estimated bills. Ours, a building with 8 flat (one bedroom) was #8,528.58

Note - we are more familiar with darkness than light

It is too early abegigrin
Cant stop laughing @ more familiar than darkness. Dis is change era u knowgrin
Re: How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption by otitokoroleti: 7:57am On Sep 15, 2016
Armstrong34:
Pls Nairalanders Hw much were u billed for power consumption for September......

our's skyrocketed to 12k from initial bill of 3k per each flat in a compound of 6 flats....

so we d tenants angrily mobilized ourselves n dashed off to NEPA's office 2 tear down d buildingcheesy

getting to NEPA office we discovered our bill was d cheapest as we were shocked to c bills of 36k,186k,86k,96k........

tell your agent to get prepaid meter for each flat. Prepaid meter or nothing!
Re: How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption by Chinaka2014(m): 8:10am On Sep 15, 2016
My brother, this nepa people are something else, in my compound I pay as much as #18, 000 per month making me to have problems with my tenants under estimated billing however I have paid for the pre paid meter since 2008 yet to be installed.
Re: How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption by queenfav(f): 8:10am On Sep 15, 2016
I pay 10k in lump sum a year for electricity alongside my rent.The caretaker of my self con apartment handles d payment.Nothing like "aunty,this month bill na 15000, your own wen we share reach you na 1500."I no even know whether na prepaid we dey use or not,i just dey use d light anyhow.Plus light is good in my area,had to buy electric cooker + kettle to reduce usage of my gas.
Re: How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption by Emasel(m): 8:15am On Sep 15, 2016
myners007:
Op point of correction NEPA has ceased to be power distributor in Nigeria.There are different privately owned power distribution company located in different geographical area of the country.Back to your question, your bill increased tremendously but you did not indicate if there was a corresponding increase in power supply.Na just becos of 12k bill naim you take disturb Nairalanders from their sleep this morning. How much does it cost u to flex in one outing or to pay for having fun with all these erimas. Just 12k u come dey shout like who dem sack from bank work abeg be responsible by paying up your bills..Nigeria go better

It's obvious you're a utility staff smiley
Re: How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption by gist4kidsblog: 8:17am On Sep 15, 2016
Na whaooo

Change everywhere

Re: How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption by queenfav(f): 8:18am On Sep 15, 2016
okosodo:
Benin is the worst. We get a minimum of 12k montly and the light is 3 hrs a day maximum. Funke osibodu the great emperor should be richer than bill gates now. Buhari boasted that he will change the dubiuos contract b4 one year but one year has passed, nothing
As rain fall reach for Benin?Na wa o.
Re: How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption by Ximonak: 8:22am On Sep 15, 2016
ReverseEngineer:
In a particular location at Festac town, Lagos, we've boycotted PHCN bills for about 3 months now and we get no less than 16hours of power daily. How did this happen?
Simple. Members of the community staged a protest against crazy bills and requested for prepaid metres, without which they'll never pay light bills. They stopped giving us light for months, and like Nelson Mandela, we suffered the pain and stood our grounds. Youths and elders held meetings after meetings and the entire community was made not to pay a dime until we're given prepaid metres.
Now, they're tires of us and now give us steady power supply without paging our bills. We're still awaiting the promised prepaid metres.
Now, before you ask me who my story epp, just remember, "United we stand, divided we fall"

your area is cooperating . Our community, everybody just lockup they form bigman
Re: How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption by Thobiy(m): 8:48am On Sep 15, 2016
the prepaid meter is the best

1 Like

Re: How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption by Henrypraise: 8:59am On Sep 15, 2016
omolola15:

Sorry to say oooooo. Na him be sey you still dey leave for a thick village if you don't have let's say at least 8hrs of light a day, or something is wrong with the disco company in your area. Rain is falling steady and and electricity have improved in the past month. Many people here will testify to that. So I don't see why you should be complaining of darkness. Like you don't have light at all. We all know we can't have steady light yet but I know of areas where 18hrs of electricity is sure daily. veekid se I lie?

We have 4 flat in my compound and the highest they've brought since I moved in was 2,800. So we'll share it among the 4 flats. So that's 700 monthly sometimes lesser. And my flat is a 3 bedroom flat with lots of electronics. And our pumping machine is always on.

wen u lie finish make u go on ur gen.

howeva, my area transformer blow n we de reason how we go take gather money buy anoder one. if u fit reach fashola or d pple in charge abeg tell dem to help us wit transformer

1 Like

Re: How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption by Armstrong34(m): 9:06am On Sep 15, 2016
mod pls move to FP ......if it's abt Annie idibia changing her bedsheets..u won't hesitate sending it to FP undecided
Re: How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 15, 2016
Armstrong34:

Is that why you're shouting?

that amount for 6 flats is not too much if you ask me. On Estimation a flat should receive about 100units, 6 flats should get like 600units a month on the average. At the current tariff for residential buildings, your bill should be like 600x23naira per Kwh. That's like 13kplus a month, unless you don't receive supply at all, then you don't really have a cause for alarm.
Re: How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 15, 2016
larj:
Use the prepaid meter
Other than the monthly charge of 500
Tend to pay around 2000 naira .
We dont get power to often cept midnight
so no one cares that much

Monthly charge for what exactly?
Re: How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption by veekid(m): 9:14am On Sep 15, 2016
Henrypraise:

wen u lie finish make u go on ur gen.

howeva, my area transformer blow n we de reason how we go take gather money buy anoder one. if u fit reach fashola or d pple in charge abeg tell dem to help us wit transformer

Omolala15 has said it all; and you also know the problem in your area thus disenabling you to get supply.
Do I need to tell you; you ain't entitle to buying of xfrmr? It's not your portion
Re: How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption by Armstrong34(m): 9:14am On Sep 15, 2016
myners007:
Op point of correction NEPA has ceased to be power distributor in Nigeria.There are different privately owned power distribution company located in different geographical area of the country.Back to your question, your bill increased tremendously but you did not indicate if there was a corresponding increase in power supply.Na just becos of 12k bill naim you take disturb Nairalanders from their sleep this morning. How much does it cost u to flex in one outing or to pay for having fun with all these erimas. Just 12k u come dey shout like who dem sack from bank work abeg be responsible by paying up your bills..Nigeria go better
......d power supply has not changed..... its still d same... now imagine after budgeting 4k for power consumption and u were given 12k....hw do u handle d situation
Re: How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 15, 2016
omolola15:

Sorry to say oooooo. Na him be sey you still dey leave for a thick village if you don't have let's say at least 8hrs of light a day, or something is wrong with the disco company in your area. Rain is falling steady and and electricity have improved in the past month. Many people here will testify to that. So I don't see why you should be complaining of darkness. Like you don't have light at all. We all know we can't have steady light yet but I know of areas where 18hrs of electricity is sure daily. veekid se I lie?

We have 4 flat in my compound and the highest they've brought since I moved in was 2,800. So we'll share it among the 4 flats. So that's 700 monthly sometimes lesser. And my flat is a 3 bedroom flat with lots of electronics. And our pumping machine is always on.

Must everyone live in the city then??

where is your location by the way?
Re: How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption by noble71(m): 9:28am On Sep 15, 2016
OP I cant remember the last time I paid NEPA or AEDC bill. when they cut my light I will fix it backgrin
Re: How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption by veekid(m): 9:30am On Sep 15, 2016
SnowJay92:

Must everyone live in the city then??
I don't know how to explain this; there's no way we can accumulate our target if we stop being biased by supplying potentials to the estates and boycotted the rural areas and new sites; you can't understand bro
Re: How Much Were You Charged For Power Consumption by booz(m): 9:33am On Sep 15, 2016
I optimize, so consume less power in my 2 bedroom apartment. My area has one of the most reliable power supplies in Port Harcourt, which boasts of between 16 -20 hours of power supply per day, still, #5,000 on my prepaid meter lasts 3 months and 1( sometimes 2) weeks.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dangote Cement Vs Elephant Cement / JUST NOW! House Got Fire At Ijesha Street, Surulere Lagos / Discussion About Tiles Both Floor And Wall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.