Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,851 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:29 AM

U-17 World Cup: Trophy Arrives Lagos - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / U-17 World Cup: Trophy Arrives Lagos (2666 Views)

Nigeria Vs Australia: FIFA U-17 World Cup: (6 - 0) On 29th October 2015 / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! / Mexico V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (1 - 6) on 19 Oct 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

U-17 World Cup: Trophy Arrives Lagos by dove24u(m): 11:11am On Oct 09, 2009
Publicity campaigns for the successful hosting of the U-17 World Cup in Nigeria heightened in Lagos on Thursday with the public presentation of the FIFA U-17 World Cup trophy to the Lagos State governor at Alausa, Ikeja, by the Local Organising Committee (LOC) of Nigeria 2009.

Speaking while receiving members of the LOC of the competition and Nigerian Football Supporters Club with the trophy at her Round House Office, Alausa, on behalf of Governor Babatunde Fashola (SAN), deputy governor, Princess Sarah Adebisi Sosan, urged all residents of Lagos to come out en-masse during the competition to watch all the matches.

Princess Sosan said it was only through capacity attendance at the stadium that the people of Lagos could prove to the whole world that football was a game that was synonymous with the people of Lagos, assuring that the state government would ensure that the stands were fully filled during the competition. She emphasisedthat mobilisation of fans is very vital for the successful hosting of the championship.

She also said she was very sure that Nigeria would be hosting to win the cadet World Cup, and assured FIFA that its decision to award the hosting rights to Nigeria was a right one.

The deputy governor also charged members of the organised private sector not to sit on the fence as preparations heighten, but to buy into the competition by offering sponsorship towards a successful hosting. grin grin grin

http://www.tribune.com.ng/09102009/news/sports5.html
Re: U-17 World Cup: Trophy Arrives Lagos by asha80(m): 12:06pm On Oct 09, 2009
lipsrsealed cheesy
Re: U-17 World Cup: Trophy Arrives Lagos by vicishow(m): 12:21pm On Oct 09, 2009
na wa for those guys oooo
Re: U-17 World Cup: Trophy Arrives Lagos by okeey(m): 12:31pm On Oct 09, 2009
ok oh they shd now be prepared for the next world cup
Re: U-17 World Cup: Trophy Arrives Lagos by bandely(m): 12:50pm On Oct 09, 2009
The cup welcome! cool
Re: U-17 World Cup: Trophy Arrives Lagos by furacao(m): 1:25pm On Oct 09, 2009
So how far with our 35 year old "boys" grin and the MRI scan thing?
Re: U-17 World Cup: Trophy Arrives Lagos by FBS: 1:36pm On Oct 09, 2009
Okoro on fire for Eaglets

Nigeria's Under-17 team, the Golden Eaglets, defeated Qatari club Luqiyya FC 4-1 in a warm-up match ahead of the Under-17 World Cup, with Heartland star Stanley Okoro netting a hat-trick.

Okoro got his three goals in the second half, while the other Nigerian goal was scored in the first half by Olarewaju Kayode.

Mighty Jets striker Terry Envoh was also in fine fettle as he spearheaded the attack, while the other Heartland star in the team, full-back Orji Kalu, started from the bench.

"This was a remarkable improvement from the team I travelled with to Dubai a few months ago. It is really a team to be proud of," top team official, Garba Lawal, told Goal.com.

The Eaglets are on a training stint in Qatar prior to the FIFA Under-17 World Cup, which they will host starting on October 24.

Nigeria, who are also the defending champions, are drawn against Germany, Argentina and Honduras in the first round of the tournament.

The team are expected back in Nigeria on October 16.

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=11544

A very funny post below. grin

Mike: 2009-10-09 10:56
Okoro na hot striker,  Play for Rangers & Heartland for 4 season. Mean say at 13yrs him leg strong to kick fifa ball &score. Up Hertland
grin  grin  grin

But how true is this?
Re: U-17 World Cup: Trophy Arrives Lagos by Marymos: 1:41pm On Oct 09, 2009
How come am not hearing anything about our under 17 preparation.Is that they are fully prepared for the championship?Well, i will try not to develop much interest in the golden eaglet so that they will not give me high blood pressure just like our fumbling flying eagle almost did.
Re: U-17 World Cup: Trophy Arrives Lagos by sherrylo: 2:30pm On Oct 09, 2009
Yes madam Sarah,we are hosting to win abi?
Re: U-17 World Cup: Trophy Arrives Lagos by sley4life(m): 2:31pm On Oct 09, 2009
@FBS, funny indeed. Stanley Okoro na old man. I read am somewhere too. Na old men we wan carry for U17.
Re: U-17 World Cup: Trophy Arrives Lagos by sley4life(m): 2:35pm On Oct 09, 2009
Its like our country was created from deceit. I heard we lied to our colonial masters thats how we got independence. I can bet with my money none of the players are less than 24yrs old. Even if the trophy is in nigeria can we win it. I forecast we shall be disgraced in the tourney. Lets forget about sports and focus on electricity, good roads, education etc
Re: U-17 World Cup: Trophy Arrives Lagos by larimo(m): 2:48pm On Oct 09, 2009
NOW THAT THE TROPHY IS IN THE HANDS OF THE NIGERIANS, LET US GATHER OUR U-17 FOOTBALLERS TOGETHER AND TAKE A SNAPSHOT WITH IT, WHILE LIFTING IT UP COS WITH THIS THEIR UP AND DOWN PREPARATION cry, DEM NO FIT TOUCH THAT CUP AGAIN!!! lipsrsealed

LOL!!!
Re: U-17 World Cup: Trophy Arrives Lagos by FBS: 2:48pm On Oct 09, 2009
sley4life:

@FBS, funny indeed. Stanley Okoro na old man. I read am somewhere too. Na old men we wan carry for U17.
@sley4life,
na wa o! But I thought MRI scan was performed on most of the players.
Re: U-17 World Cup: Trophy Arrives Lagos by alanbolo(m): 4:27pm On Oct 09, 2009
FBS:

@sley4life,
na wa o! But I thought MRI scan was performed on most of the players.
  True, but we are still awaiting the result of the scan to be made public,   while processing it, the PHCN took light and there is no fuel in the gen.
Re: U-17 World Cup: Trophy Arrives Lagos by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 09, 2009
And we will jump and pass over the trophy. As e come na so e go pass.
Re: U-17 World Cup: Trophy Arrives Lagos by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 09, 2009
fifa better employ the services of an entire brigade of soldiers to guard it or else they'll wake up and find it has disappeared.
Re: U-17 World Cup: Trophy Arrives Lagos by princekevo(m): 6:04pm On Oct 09, 2009
dove24u:

Princess Sosan said it was only through capacity attendance at the stadium that the people of Lagos could prove to the whole world that football was a game that was synonymous with the people of Lagos, assuring that the state government would ensure that the stands were fully filled during the competition. She emphasisedthat mobilisation of fans is very vital for the successful hosting of the championship.

She also said she was very sure that Nigeria would be hosting to win the cadet World Cup, and assured FIFA that its decision to award the hosting rights to Nigeria was a right one.

This woman is not serious. So she is campaigning for fans to come and buy high blood pressure with their hard earned money. The last failure of under 20 is enough prove to all Nigerian football lovers that we have no future on football as at the moment unless those who can enjoy watching other countries play.
Re: U-17 World Cup: Trophy Arrives Lagos by asunaobi(m): 6:27pm On Oct 09, 2009
I hope the cup is not made of pure gold! It can be hijacked or kidnapped or whatever. I don't trust my people at all. Well, my dad is one of the players. He was selected because he knew one major-general and that major-general has strong connection with the president. My fear now is that, I dont know if my dad will be able to keep up the pace with these young lads in the field, because they are just under 17 full of energy.

Oh! lest I forget, my heart felt sympathy goes out to those talented skillfull Nigerian soccer players who were ignored because of whom they are or their unknown status. That is why Nigeria, a country of over 150 million people could not produce a killer squad soccer team. No wonder our u20 team struggled against Tahiti of about 400,ooo people.
Re: U-17 World Cup: Trophy Arrives Lagos by gamechange(m): 7:01pm On Oct 09, 2009
Guys,

Breaking news.

It has just been reported that the cup has been kidnapped.

The kidnappers have demanded a close door meeting with all the tournament referees

Ransome has also been demanded from fifa

Amnesty demanded from President Yar ar dull
God help this country.
Re: U-17 World Cup: Trophy Arrives Lagos by 55gal(m): 7:37pm On Oct 09, 2009
i am glade ;d
Re: U-17 World Cup: Trophy Arrives Lagos by bawomolo(m): 10:25pm On Oct 09, 2009
wonders shall never end,,,we saw flying chickens defeating Egyptian clubs, what happen to them at the end?? disaster!!!
lets wait and see, what the golden chicken will offer.
as for the age of okoro playing for golden eaglet, the guy want to still achieve his dreams like my grand father who after many years in farm still hope to achieve his dreams.
the conditions in this country make us to achieve our dreams maybe when we an old man.

this comments are killing me
Re: U-17 World Cup: Trophy Arrives Lagos by ekeroyal(m): 10:30pm On Oct 09, 2009
My people,

It is more than obvious that our country is corrupt, wicked, useless, etc. But I'd suggest we reduce the amount of time we spend thinking about the poor state of our nation and think about how we can contribute our quota into making sure that things turn around for the better. cry

"If we angrily leave a dead man who died out of foolishness, then those living will definitely not enjoy being there except he is buried".

We have the hosting rights and the players are our brothers, please bad mouth them small.

LIVE & LET'S LIVE. Na so! grin cheesy
Re: U-17 World Cup: Trophy Arrives Lagos by sley4life(m): 6:10am On Oct 10, 2009
If we dont scale to Semi final, all nigeria football team should be scrapped
Re: U-17 World Cup: Trophy Arrives Lagos by asunaobi(m): 10:53am On Oct 10, 2009
I dont like these sentiments of some Nigerians who are still asleep. I want them to stop attacking well informed good loving Nigerians who are very vocal about the evils in their country. Take a look at the little positive developments in Nigeria today, who did them?, hard working Nigerians ofcourse. Can somebody please tell me what our so called leaders are doing in their offices year in year out. No security! No good roads! No electricity! No good drinking water! No good and consistent educational system. Everything in Nigeria is NPA ( No proper arrangement). I feel so sad deep in my heart. We are the most wicked and uncivilised people in the whole world. BLIND MEN CAN NEVER LEAD PEOPLE THAT CAN SEE, NEVER!
Re: U-17 World Cup: Trophy Arrives Lagos by slimes(m): 9:05pm On Oct 10, 2009
I doubt it if we will perform better in this competition. As for hosting it, FIFA has doubt and Mexico has been considered as a befitting replacement.
Re: U-17 World Cup: Trophy Arrives Lagos by smile4kenn(m): 10:01pm On Oct 10, 2009
the trophy

(1) (Reply)

Daley Blind Completes Manutd Medicals / Sports / Ronaldo Names The Players He Feels Will Take After Him When He Hangs His Boots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.