Stats: 3,150,391 members, 7,808,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake (23634 Views)

Earthquake Hits Sambang Dagi, Kaduna State / River Niger Will Soon Overflow – NEMA Warns Nearby Communities / 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm (2) (3) (4)

NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake by Glossyclick(m): 9:28am On Sep 15, 2016
Photos: NEMA Assessment Team Visit The Site Of Multiple Earth Tremors In Kaduna

Upon receiving several distressed calls of multiple series of earth tremor in Kwoi community, NEMA North West Zonal Coordinator, Alhaji Musa Ilallah immediately led an assessment team comprising of the agency's staff and that of Nigeria Geological Survey Agency to the scenes of the incident.

Having been taken round the affected areas by the Chairman of the local government, Mr.Ben Kure and authorities of the community, the assessment team discovered that loud sound waves was reported. He stated:

"We observed that there was no physical crack on the rock surface, the road or any earth surface but a number of buildings particularly mud houses were shattered by cracks as a result of the tremor".

Residents in Kwoi lamented that the strange phenomenon which occurred at about 10:20 am when people are still on church service shook the earth severely six times and this created panic in the community.

Source: http://www.glossyclick.com/2016/09/photos-nema-assessment-team-visit-site.html?m=1

Re: NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake by Xer0: 9:47am On Sep 15, 2016
"We observed that there was no physical crack on the rock surface, the road or any earth surface but a number of buildings particularly mud houses were shattered by cracks as a result of the tremor".
Re: NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake by GossipHeart(m): 10:32am On Sep 15, 2016
Buhari
You will never go unpunished

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake by mrofficial(m): 10:33am On Sep 15, 2016
I can't see any signs of tremor. Just an expired mud house.

Re: NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake by EMMYB0Y(m): 10:33am On Sep 15, 2016
earthquake happened last week... emergency management went to visit today..... wait visit to do what... I don't understand .... ok let us assumed people are injured and other fatalities... they are supposed to wait for them to come I guess

all this hausas self... maybe na just one side of their gutter bend come break wey dey make dem dey shout

18 Likes

Re: NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake by Shiifi(m): 10:33am On Sep 15, 2016
WITH DEY KIND LEVEL OF EDUCATION WEY DEY THESE COUNTRY ABEY SOME IDIOT GO JUST DEY CLAIM TO B ECONOMIC,HEALTH AND SPACE SIENTIST WEY NO NO ANY THING
BUT I NO BLAME THEM SHA SINCE WE ONLY HAD A CHOICE TO VOTE A RETIRED SOLDIER OR A CLUELESS ZOOLOGIST
BUT I BELIVE GOD GO HELP DIS COUNTRY SHA

Re: NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake by soberdrunk(m): 10:33am On Sep 15, 2016
The gods are angry........
Re: NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake by ozo13(m): 10:34am On Sep 15, 2016
Naonly pictures dis guys go take.jokers
Re: NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake by jalay(m): 10:34am On Sep 15, 2016
P
Re: NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake by vicechancellor(m): 10:34am On Sep 15, 2016
na buhari cause am grin

Re: NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake by Zaikon(m): 10:35am On Sep 15, 2016
Xer0:
are you searching alone ?

Re: NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake by Shiifi(m): 10:35am On Sep 15, 2016
ummmmm with all dey phd holder we get for these country
na fake people just b full some kind team
Re: NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake by handysuzy(f): 10:35am On Sep 15, 2016
Behold, the end of the world
Re: NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake by romeoetin(m): 10:36am On Sep 15, 2016
Fp
Re: NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake by belonare: 10:36am On Sep 15, 2016
Nice one

Re: NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake by youngvizzy1(m): 10:36am On Sep 15, 2016
GossipHeart:
Buhari
u are full of shit , what has what have Buhari got do with this

Re: NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake by Dshocker(m): 10:36am On Sep 15, 2016
There is no need them visiting the site,because you and i know that even after they discover anything over there,they would not have any solution to it,because my government and other agencies associated with them have been useless since Oct 1st 1960....If Jonathan was still the president,am sure billions of naira will be set aside for this mission by setting up a committee/panel to first look into the matter before our under equipped NEMA will take over.

I bet & beat my chest that;when the earth quake don chop belle full & ready to shit,people for that environment go/must die all because my government's inability to take precautionary measures.

Re: NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake by hUmaneOne: 10:37am On Sep 15, 2016
What was the magnitude on the Richter scale?

Ooh I forgot this is Nigeria, where nothing works.
Even with all the numerous geology PhD holders, the best we can get is a report of mud house that cracked..

Re: NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 15, 2016
GossipHeart:
Buhari
This is the typical hatred that is killing you people yet you still complain of not being allowed to be President, I don't think I can vote for a person from a region with high percentage of 'political sociopaths.'

Re: NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake by Thisis2raw(m): 10:37am On Sep 15, 2016
They should also do the needful and help the people with mud house that was shattered
Re: NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake by Proffdada: 10:37am On Sep 15, 2016
Finally they've perfected the earthquake generator that can focus earth quakes with pinpoint accuracy
As far as geological studies go by, Africa is not in earthquake prone zone
They're tired of using insurgents and Ebola ,abi? angry
Re: NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake by atirolu(m): 10:38am On Sep 15, 2016
Mud houses built in 1914
And u expect ordinary wind not to fall it down
They shld show us concrete block houses

FG may start to dish out money for compensation soon

Re: NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake by Mopolchi: 10:38am On Sep 15, 2016
God help us.

Re: NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake by shobroy10(m): 10:38am On Sep 15, 2016
GossipHeart:
Buhari
imagine this is someone's child. Common sense is not common

Re: NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake by MadCow1: 10:38am On Sep 15, 2016
Na so Sodom and Gomarrah own for Bible take start o!! grin
Re: NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake by HtwoOw: 10:39am On Sep 15, 2016

I imagined they'd come there with machines and probes

Probably issue some intelligent sounding observations in Thier report, but alas, they observed there's no surface Crack

My theory

Metaphysically things happening

Scientifically Minerals, tremor, Alien invasion or weapon testing, bombs went off ( bombs that didn't expire and has been buried under the surface for centuries)

Wailers : Blame Buhari

My conclusion, NEMA or whoever is in charge of geological surveys for that team should be fired and a foreign company should take over, just as I think Buhari should forget all these bad Belle and employ experts from USA, UK, France , who have seen and defeated recession

All we do in Nigeria is figure head, fake certificates, no experience, runs jamb, runs waec, political nomination

It's time to bring in the big guns else he go red o

Re: NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake by kenbee(f): 10:39am On Sep 15, 2016
Even the Earth surface is expressing it's anger over Buhari.
Re: NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake by MadCow1: 10:39am On Sep 15, 2016
GossipHeart:
Buhari

So is it fair to say as your life dey now, na God dey punish you? undecided

Re: NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake by MadCow1: 10:40am On Sep 15, 2016
shobroy10:
imagine this is someone's child. Common sense is not common

Thats what happens when you conceive via a bloow job instead of normal Akpako. grin

Re: NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake by MedicalSamwise(m): 10:40am On Sep 15, 2016
Since last week ... What a country

That's how police will let armed rubbers rob in peace
They'll now come and b doing one useless investigation after 4weeks.... mtcheew

In falz voice.. . *BOSSIT MHEN* embarassed embarassed embarassed

Re: NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake by rusher14: 10:41am On Sep 15, 2016
In the absence of the Richter scale for measuring the intensity of seismic activity the Modified Mercalli Scale might come in handy -

Intensity Shaking Description/Damage

I Not felt Not felt except by a very few under especially favorable conditions.

II Weak Felt only by a few persons at rest,especially on upper floors of buildings.

III Weak Felt quite noticeably by persons indoors, especially on upper floors of buildings. Many people do not recognize it as an earthquake. Standing motor cars may rock slightly. Vibrations similar to the passing of a truck. Duration estimated.

IV Light Felt indoors by many, outdoors by few during the day. At night, some awakened. Dishes, windows, doors disturbed; walls make cracking sound. Sensation like heavy truck striking building. Standing motor cars rocked noticeably.

V Moderate Felt by nearly everyone; many awakened. Some dishes, windows broken. Unstable objects overturned. Pendulum clocks may stop.

VI Strong Felt by all, many frightened. Some heavy furniture moved; a few instances of fallen plaster. Damage slight.

VII Very strong Damage negligible in buildings of good design and construction; slight to moderate in well-built ordinary structures; considerable damage in poorly built or badly designed structures; some chimneys broken.

VIII Severe Damage slight in specially designed structures; considerable damage in ordinary substantial buildings with partial collapse. Damage great in poorly built structures. Fall of chimneys, factory stacks, columns, monuments, walls. Heavy furniture overturned.

IX Violent Damage considerable in specially designed structures; well-designed frame structures thrown out of plumb. Damage great in substantial buildings, with partial collapse. Buildings shifted off foundations.

X Extreme Some well-built wooden structures destroyed; most masonry and frame structures destroyed with foundations. Rails bent.

Abridged from The Severity of an Earthquake, a U. S. Geological Survey General Interest Publication. U.S. GOVERNMENT PRINTING OFFICE: 1989-288-913

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/learn/topics/mercalli.php
Re: NEMA Visits The Site Of Kaduna Earthquake by MDsambo: 10:41am On Sep 15, 2016
GossipHeart:
Buhari

Please upgrade your brain to the lattest version...

Learn How To Activate Your Verve Cards For Online Transactions At Nigeria Atms / Unusual 410 Million-Year-Old Armoured Fish Fossil 'Rewrites History Of Sharks' / A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes