Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

Okorocha Grants Amnesty To 1000 Militants - INDEPENDENT NEWSPAPERS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Grants Amnesty To 1000 Militants - INDEPENDENT NEWSPAPERS (754 Views)

Wike Blasts Okorocha For Granting Amnesty To Anchor Man Of Don Wanny / Rivers State Government Grants Amnesty To Cultists And Kidnappers (Photos) / Dino Melaye Asks Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon/amnesty To Treasury Looters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Grants Amnesty To 1000 Militants - INDEPENDENT NEWSPAPERS by Ankakh: 10:59am On Sep 15, 2016
Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo state has granted amnesty to 1000 militants from the oil producing area of Ohaji Egbema and Oguta local government areas of the state.

This follows the decision of the militants to drop their arms and embrace peace, which is crucial to finding a lasting solution to the underdevelopment and infrastructural decay in the state.

Independent recalled that militants in the area have allegedly joined their colleagues in other Niger Delta states to blow up over seven oil installations and pipelines in the area.
Rattled by the action, Okorocha organized a programme to grant pardon to all militants, cultists and agitators in the area.
The militants were said to have handed over some of their arms which comprise: Ak-47 riffles, rocket launchers, pistols, charms, machetes, knives and axes, among others.
Present at the event are the state police commissioner, state army commander, Director of SSS in Imo state as well as other security agencies.

SEE MORE NEWS UPDATE @ http://independentnig.com

Re: Okorocha Grants Amnesty To 1000 Militants - INDEPENDENT NEWSPAPERS by HtwoOw: 11:21am On Sep 15, 2016
I dont think a state governor has the power to grant amnesty to anyone

But I may be wrong

If I am right then I suspect Rochas for being complicit in making the militants

Or maybe GEJ who was named as sponsor has paid Rochas to clean this mess up

Rochas own don dey too plenty abeg it's becoming really suspicious
Re: Okorocha Grants Amnesty To 1000 Militants - INDEPENDENT NEWSPAPERS by Franchise21(m): 11:24am On Sep 15, 2016
What can I say??
Re: Okorocha Grants Amnesty To 1000 Militants - INDEPENDENT NEWSPAPERS by agwom(m): 11:45am On Sep 15, 2016
good one..
Re: Okorocha Grants Amnesty To 1000 Militants - INDEPENDENT NEWSPAPERS by Ankakh: 12:52pm On Sep 15, 2016
HtwoOw:
I dont think a state governor has the power to grant amnesty to anyone

But I may be wrong

If I am right then I suspect Rochas for being complicit in making the militants

Or maybe GEJ who was named as sponsor has paid Rochas to clean this mess up

Rochas own don dey too plenty abeg it's becoming really suspicious

I think they have the right to grant amnesty within their jurisdictions.
Re: Okorocha Grants Amnesty To 1000 Militants - INDEPENDENT NEWSPAPERS by able20(m): 12:56pm On Sep 15, 2016
Yesterday 200 today 1,000 tomorrow maybe 1000,000 militants
Re: Okorocha Grants Amnesty To 1000 Militants - INDEPENDENT NEWSPAPERS by Ankakh: 10:45am On Sep 19, 2016
able20:
Yesterday 200 today 1,000 tomorrow maybe 1000,000 militants

I wonder where they are coming from.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari In Plagiarism Scandal Of Obama's Speech / So They Wanted To Sell Off NLNG, NNPC Et AL With Emergency Powers. Is That It? / Change Mantra Is Useless If The Masses Are Still Suffering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.