Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook - Politics (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook (138401 Views)

Niger Delta, Igbo And Hausa All Want To Leave Nigeria Except Yorubas, Why? / Checkout What APC Posted On Twitter (photo) / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates His Birthday, See What He Posted On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by diadem10: 2:20pm On Oct 07, 2016
AgentOrange:

No, I mean your mama's overused totoss. Lolzz grin grin grin

All these dey pain wella because these are visible facts!

Kwarshiokor with a bianca who was bleeped updan!
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by AgentOrange: 2:21pm On Oct 07, 2016
diadem10:

All these dey pain wella because these are visible facts!

Kwarshiokor with a bianca who bleeped updan!

Go treat your moma veggies cos I hear say maggots don dey comot from the smelly thing.

She will still be stoned to death ooo. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by jayrule(m): 4:09pm On Oct 07, 2016
Vyou guys are having fun o.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by AlNur: 11:52am On Oct 09, 2016
AgentOrange:

Just imagine a citizen of soka forest trying to feel among. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I don't expect much from a spoilt ewedu munching bat whose ancestor was thrown down from the sky with demons. grin grin grin

awolowo commited suicide by taking ratak, simple. Deal with the truth and move along. grin

I am not surprised when you always talk of free educason given to you by the ratak master himself-awo.

No wonder every single yoruba I meet is from lagos state because they are so ashamed to be from soka, ikire, ibarak and other forests of yerobaland.

yerobas are worthless as shiits and 10th class citizens reason why even minority kaikain drinking ijaws can mess you up like table tennis.
They are shameless come to Abeokuta and see how they live in shanties, no new block of flats. Abeokuta is not worth the name state capital.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by AlNur: 12:11pm On Oct 09, 2016
Diademk07:

LOL!
Both Falae and OBJ had our votes! It was 60:40. Our votes was divided but then, one of our 2 sons still carried the day!

Have you ever had an ibo president in Nigeria except for the ceremonial figure head, Zik considering we were operating a true federalism during the time.. Lol.

When Yoruba cries out, the whole place shake in the same way everywhere shook when Soyinka had a huge protest and called out why Goodluck hasn't taken over and assume the presidential position or why the North were hiding the death of Yaradua from Nigeria.. That's how we roll..

When OBJ was having a fight with Tinubu while he was still the gov of Lagos state, no allocation was sent to him but it was still business as usual at Lagos.. We have the resources to call the bullshit on any government.. Lagos, Ondo, Ogun and Oyo are blessed with great resources, cash crops, seaports to cut off anybody.. The north knows this and that's why they are scared of any small noise we make..

But ibos are so useless in everything, whether brain input, agriculture or resources to hold anyone ransom.. You can't dictate to anybody, rather we dictate to you.. That's the fact! cheesy
Shut up you loud mouthed Yoruba. I recently got transferred to Abeokuta for work and I must tell you the place is in dire need of infrastructure. No good internal roads, rickety building, shanties, yorubas in abeokuta still lives in houses built by their great grand parents. If not that I moved to abeokuta I would have swallowed that bullshit y'all spit about your place being a land of honey and prosperity. Remove GRA side and business district in oke ilewo and abeokuta will be century ago town. Just shut up and stop blabbing. Lagos is developed because every Nigerian lives and do business and not because of yoruba factor.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by oyatz(m): 8:27am On Feb 04, 2017
How can Yorubas been causing your division when 98% of Yorubas don't even know the differences between Ika, Aniocha, Awka, Orlu or Ikwerre?
realkingqueen:
we bring you Yoruba's into the wahala cos you guys won't stay off our case,anything that has to do with Igbo's interest you guys a lot.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by oyatz(m): 1:24pm On Feb 04, 2017
What's the meaning of Okowa and Obaigbena in Igbo?

Mckennedy:

what's the meaning ifeanyi in bini ? Until then I wl take you serious.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by laudate: 4:32pm On Feb 04, 2017
oyatz:

You want some people to start crying here.... hehehe! wink If you go deeper and ask many of them what is the meaning of Irabor, Omorodion, Idahosa, etc., they will tell you it is due to external influence of the Bini people, and that those names are not the ancestral names of the forbears of the Delta-Igbo families that bear them. Just watch. cheesy
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Mckennedy: 10:08pm On Feb 04, 2017
[quote author=oyatz post=53410411]What's the meaning of Okowa and Obaigbena in Igbo?

[quote]

Until you define "Ifeanyi" in bini ? Else I won't take you serious.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Mckennedy: 10:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
oyatz:

Until you define the meaning of "Ifeanyi" in bini ? Else I won't take you serious.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by uckennety(m): 8:26am On Mar 28, 2017
oyatz:

Okowa means calabash
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by oyatz(m): 2:52pm On May 07, 2017
Stop saying what you don't know. There are indigenous Yoruba people who are aboriginal and didn't get there because of slave trade.
Ana-Ife, Atakpame and Anagos are Yoruba people indigenous to Togo. You can check this on google.

Udmaster:
Slave trade happened everywhere even in YORUBA LAND, thats why you have yorubas in togo.
Your tribalistic mindset is entering into an emergency stage.
Which one is Igbon?
Hahahahaha. How did Igbon relate here?
Igbo is from NDI GBOO which means Ancient People.. It reflects in our name, Igbokwe- Ndi Gboo kwe,
2. UmuIgbo - Umu Ndi Gboo.
3. Amaigbo- Ama Ndi Gboo etc.
4. Even in Delta we have Igbuzor(ibusa by white men)- Ndi Gboo bi na uzo
Etc. Quit tribalism, it will do you good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by oyatz(m): 9:13pm On May 09, 2017
There were IGBOs who captured fellow IGBOs and sold them to slavery. The Arochukwu people were notorious in this business.
There were Yoruba people who had Yoruba slaves, there were English men who also had English slaves.

OMAR12:
like I said yo one whose stupidity is celebrated by himself alone. u said other town from the west banks are under Bini empire or as u rightly side are of the Bini extraction, why would the crown want to steal slaves from it own people.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by letsbepieces: 9:27pm On Jun 05, 2017
genieluv:

No sis, i don't think it is that way. Most Anioma people are of mixed origins, some of our ancestors came igbo land, some from Bini and others from Igala, Esan and even yoruba, but eventually the igbo dialect came to displace the others. I think that was what actually happened

This is very wrong.

In actual fact, Igbo are the first migrant to Asaba axis.
In those days, wen different tribes marry, a new language is created, not like today wen they speak English.
Igbo encountered Yoruba whilst migrating westward. This interaction gave birth to Bini.
With time, Some of the bini group migrated North creating the Afamai which is closer to yoruba.
Esan migrated East which is closer to Anioma.
The Urhobo migrated East, where they encountered the Ijaws migrating west and they inter-married to create the Isoko.
This is wat happened.

Ukwuani is spoken in Asaba(Delta), Onitsha(Anambra) and Ogbaru.(Anambra) The language is wat the Ika speak and unrecognizable in Bini due to the Yoruba mixture and other new words. I just thought i impact this knowledge on u.

(Migrating people only settle on unoccupied land to spread out the population and avoid conflict with other groups.)
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by wanimo: 10:03pm On Jun 05, 2017
coolitempa:
Let us be honest...most of anioma is not ibo but Benin.....ibos have long migrated to these areas and taken over the demographics....but they are descendants of the Benins... angry
I admire your weed supplier. His stuff is really good

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by onyekabe(m): 10:34pm On Jun 05, 2017
IKALAND Agbor is neither igbo nor benin. Agbor is aAgbor, ang ika is ika. if you think otherwise go for fact finding. our major festival are new yam festival which we share with igbos, igwe festival which we share with benin osorzi which is indigenous to Agbor alone
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by jotey(m): 8:31am On Jun 06, 2017
[quote author=ezeagu post=49396642]

Yes, I know Owa traces it's ancestry to Nri, but the people who are vocally anti-Igbo in Ika and Ukwuani are harshly so, it isn't just a denial but they like to add insult to it as if being Igbo is an insult to them some do not like the idea of their children marrying eastern Igbo people, and all this leaves the greatest impression on the 5 state Igbo people especially in this slowly fading aftermath of the post-war era where there's anti-Igbo sent
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by ehikwe22: 12:46am On Dec 31, 2017
letsbepieces:

This is very wrong.

In those days, wen different tribes marry, a new language is created, not like today wen they speak English.
Igbo encountered Yoruba whilst migrating westward. This interaction gave birth to Bini.
With time, Some of the bini group migrated North creating the Afamai which is closer to yoruba.
The Urhobo migrated East, where they encountered the Ijaws migrating west and they inter-married to create the Isoko.
This is wat happened.

Ukwuani is spoken in Asaba(Delta), Onitsha(Anambra) and Ogbaru.(Anambra) The language is wat the Ika speak and unrecognizable in Bini due to the Yoruba mixture and other new words. I just thought i impact this knowledge on u.

(Migrating people only settle on unoccupied land to spread out the population and avoid conflict with other groups.)

what are you even talking about? your comment is filled with inconsistencies
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by ehikwe22: 12:55am On Dec 31, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Funny enough, about half of these names you list as edoid are actually Igbo in meaning. For example, 'omiken' or 'omiko' in Anambra Igbo. Chukwu onye omiko (God of mercy) is popularly said in Anambra Igbo. Ehi meni m omiken or in central Igbo Chi mere m omiko (God has shown me mercy), Osedodo (Ose is short for Osebuluwa - lord that supports the earth in Igbo and 'doo' is another Igbo word for please in Anambra and Enugu states. For example, Izu doo nwa m patalu m oche), Ehiedu or Chiedu which is a popular Igbo name. The rest could be Bini.

At best these names could be said to be a Bini-Igbo mix, and not entirely Bini.
yes, some of the names are mixture of Bini and Igbo and some are mixture of Bini and indigenous Ika words but. Ose is from Oselobue and dodo is not Igbo. Stop lying. Dodo is the Ika/Esan word for please. Ehi and chi are not the same so how can you substitute ehi with chi? Ehi is to Ika what Chi is to Igbo and can't be correctly substituted.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by ehikwe22: 12:57am On Dec 31, 2017
ezeagu:

These names are hybrid, just like Ika culture for the most part.

ehi (Edo) + oma (Igbo)
ose (Edo) + dodo (Igbo)
ehi (Edo) + wa riọ (Igbo)
ehi (Edo) + -m (mụ) e nịne omiken (Igbo)

I'm not even sure if 'ehi' is Edo because Ika is Igbo based and the lexicon is mostly Igbo.

All those names are Ika. Ika is borne from mixture of Edo and Igbo. dodo has nothing to do with Igbo. Not sure if Ehi is Edo? ok. your prejudice or perhaps, your ignorance is coming into play here.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by ehikwe22: 12:58am On Dec 31, 2017
letsbepieces:

This is very wrong.

This is wat happened.

what are you even talking about? your comment is filled with inconsistencies
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Donarozzi: 9:49am On Jan 01, 2018
Finding Solutions to the Many Ndi-Igbo Problems in Nigeria
https://www.nairaland.com/4263684/finding-solutions-many-ndi-igbo-problems
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by SUPRRA: 12:41am On Feb 10, 2019
IGBOS OF SOUTHEAST AND THOSE OF SOUTHSOUTH ARE ONE.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 1:24am On Feb 10, 2019
AlNur:
Igbos In Delta State Refuse To Be Divided

Identity crisis remains a big cultural and social problem with our western igbos in delta state, rivers state etc. Igbo denial still persist but majority still knows their root and have refused to be involved in denying their igboness just to survive in the political game of Nigeria.

This is a screen shot from a proud igbo in delta state.
Sarrki will not like this

Cc lzaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by gidgiddy: 8:49am On Feb 10, 2019
SUPRRA:
IGBOS OF SOUTHEAST AND THOSE OF SOUTHSOUTH ARE ONE.

Forever
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by puzzlegate(m): 9:25am On Feb 10, 2019
coolitempa:
Let us be honest...most of anioma is not ibo but Benin.....ibos have long migrated to these areas and taken over the demographics....but they are descendants of the Benins... angry
most Anioma. Who are who are not igbo ? I am typing now from Asaba and we are full fledged Igbo. So dont tell me what i know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by puzzlegate(m): 9:36am On Feb 10, 2019
oyatz:

I am typing from Asaba. oga OKOWA means owa boy or a child from owa. Owa is a place in delta north. Its like okafor, okorie or okomma. So dont interprete what you dont know. All igbo speaking people understand what okorafor, okoreke, okoronkwo or okorie mean but if you dont understand ask your neighbour.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by oyatz(m): 11:44am On Feb 11, 2019
I asked a simple question in a sentence, why giving unnecessary meanings to it.

I have seen several Igbos asking me the meaning of several names in our dialects/language.

puzzlegate:
I am typing from Asaba. oga OKOWA means owa boy or a child from owa. Owa is a place in delta north. Its like okafor, okorie or okomma. So dont interprete what you dont know. All igbo speaking people understand what okorafor, okoreke, okoronkwo or okorie mean but if you dont understand ask your neighbour.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by abbiboy: 3:24pm On Aug 24, 2019
realkingqueen:
Good for you,a lot of people deny themselves,you're not the first and might not be the last.

No denial fact...
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by abbiboy: 3:26pm On Aug 24, 2019

...and who wants your smelly ass to associate with us My friend take a back-sit. You don't exist.

Just like u dont exist either...machine writing.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 24, 2019
coolitempa:
So tell us what Nzeogwu means in Bini language.

cc lzaa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 24, 2019
immhotep:
So tell us what Nzeogwu means in Bini language.
cc lzaa
What do you mean.
Nzeogwu can mean a great warrior in Benin.

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (Reply)

Boko Haram Killing Yorubas And Igbos 3-days Expired (pix)! -vanguard Newspaper / Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled / Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.