Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,858 members, 7,806,430 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? (8209 Views)

Poll: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected?

Yes: 8% (21 votes)
No: 91% (224 votes)
This poll has ended

Kogi Guber: Audu Will Return The N11bn He Stole If Elected - APC Chairman / I’ll Perform Better In My Second Term If Re-Elected - President Jonathan Assures / SW Governors Declare 3 Day Fasting For Yaradua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? by RiffRaff: 7:38am On Oct 11, 2009
It dosent matter who u vote 4. D winner of d IWUru wuru SELECTION already knows himself.
Nigeria is d country where we already know d winner b4 d election.
Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? by SkyBlue1: 8:01am On Oct 11, 2009
WOOOW. This thread has gradually opened my eyes to the characters that embody the people who are supposed to be 'enlightened' and part of the 'intelligentia'. I need help with this simple analysis. A good number of you have said you don't vote and don't intend to do so anytime in the future and you somehow expect what exactly? Really though, what? I can't see how people who do not even intend to vote have any justification whatsoever in shouting for electoral reforms or criticising the Nigerian government. I really, genuinely don't. I don't get it. You do not want to do your duty as citizens and expect government to automatically and magically transform? You expect the right candidate to just fall into the seat?

The excuse being used that elections are rigged anyway, hence making all voting futile is the most cowardly trite I have heard all year, really is. So how is it going to get better? By people doing nothing and coming on nairaland to whine about a president when they did not even attempt to vote? Can we hear ourselves and see how stupid such reasoning sounds? I genuinely believe that voting like paying taxes gives people a sense of shared ownership in the development of the country. If more people actually make the effort to vote then more people would be interested in what happenned to their vote and that right there is one of the key issues. If more people are interested in what happened after they voted and more people attempted to stay back and defend their votes that is surely a good thing, isn't it? Instead what do we have? I apologise if anyone is offended and feel free to berate after I have left but I geneuinely right now don't feel there is any other way I can say this but; what we have is just a bunch of whiney cowards seating at home and complaining on nairaland that their votes don't count and thinking they sound intelligent instead of actually going out to vote. I guess some people prefer to just come online and compain after the deed is done that votes were rigged and complain about the state of Nigeria and the state of the Nigerian democracy after doing absolutely nothing, even the most basic democratic act of voting.

Before I used to think that the problem with selection of candidates was mostly rigging, but to be honest if INEC chairman came out tomorrow and told me that the previous elections were 100% fair and transparent I won't be so hasty to disregard him. With the number of whiney "intelligent" people that don't vote after shouting to high heavens who they feel a better candidate is, it won't be a shock that Yar Adua who nobody knew anything about was able to amass the majority votes. If Hitler was alive today and wanted to run for presidency uunder PDP I bet people still won't vote but would definately come online later to give their award winning and all too precious opinions. How intelligent and enlightened
Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? by kenerep: 8:31am On Oct 11, 2009
why would I? A clueless man? llike what someone said I have never voted and don't think I would now anyways!!!
Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? by Seismic007(m): 9:08am On Oct 11, 2009
Sky Blue:

WOOOW. This thread has gradually opened my eyes to the characters that embody the people who are supposed to be 'enlightened' and part of the 'intelligentia'. I need help with this simple analysis. A good number of you have said you don't vote and don't intend to do so anytime in the future and you somehow expect what exactly? Really though, what? I can't see how people who do not even intend to vote have any justification whatsoever in shouting for electoral reforms or criticising the Nigerian government. I really, genuinely don't. I don't get it. You do not want to do your duty as citizens and expect government to automatically and magically transform? You expect the right candidate to just fall into the seat?

The excuse being used that elections are rigged anyway, hence making all voting futile is the most cowardly trite I have heard all year, really is. So how is it going to get better? By people doing nothing and coming on nairaland to whine about a president when they did not even attempt to vote? Can we hear ourselves and see how stupid such reasoning sounds? I genuinely believe that voting like paying taxes gives people a sense of shared ownership in the development of the country. If more people actually make the effort to vote then more people would be interested in what happenned to their vote and that right there is one of the key issues. If more people are interested in what happened after they voted and more people attempted to stay back and defend their votes that is surely a good thing, isn't it? Instead what do we have? I apologise if anyone is offended and feel free to berate after I have left but I geneuinely right now don't feel there is any other way I can say this but; what we have is just a bunch of whiney cowards seating at home and complaining on nairaland that their votes don't count and thinking they sound intelligent instead of actually going out to vote. I guess some people prefer to just come online and compain after the deed is done that votes were rigged and complain about the state of Nigeria and the state of the Nigerian democracy after doing absolutely nothing, even the most basic democratic act of voting.

Before I used to think that the problem with selection of candidates was mostly rigging, but to be honest if INEC chairman came out tomorrow and told me that the previous elections were 100% fair and transparent I won't be so hasty to disregard him. With the number of whiney "intelligent" people that don't vote after shouting to high heavens who they feel a better candidate is, it won't be a shock that Yar Adua who nobody knew anything about was able to amass the majority votes. If Hitler was alive today and wanted to run for presidency uunder PDP I bet people still won't vote but would definately come online later to give their award winning and all too precious opinions. How intelligent and enlightened

Gbam!!!
Thanks for the post, I think it's high time we learned/enlightened Nigerians realized we are the one capable of stopping this rigging mentality of every politician.
Not until we all come out to vote for a suitable candidate and stand by our votes, I doubt if Nigeria would be a better place.
May God heal my country.
Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? by Marlbron: 9:16am On Oct 11, 2009
Why I would vote for Yaradua:

a) He has tackled militancy. His predecessor looked the other way.

b) he is on track to give us 6000MW of electricity by end of 2009.

c) He is dredging the River Niger, a smart move that will improve business in Nigeria.

d) He plans to tackle the Niger Delta issue post-Amnesty.

e) His petroleum reform bill will be good for the oil industry

f) he has his foot on the ground with infrastructure. No fancy railway project, but realistic ressuscitation of our existing line as a first step.

g) Good fiscal discipline as well as macro economic policy.

f) Cleaning up the banking system and holding CEOs accountable.

g) Rule of Law, not rule of the executive.

h) By the dry season, I expect road s to be constructed across the country in earnest.
The man is a gentleman, not a homosexual or a drug addict or a bigot. Let him complete his two terms which God will grant him.
Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? by Oluschenco(m): 9:29am On Oct 11, 2009
It would be real madness for me to vote for that tortoise. I would rather sleep at home and read foreign news.
Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? by toxicguy: 11:01am On Oct 11, 2009
the only reason people will not vote for him is cuz he's a hausa man. no man on the face of this earth can change nigeria or should i say nigerians. the only thing they know how to do is sabotage so that the credit doesn't go to a single tribe or ethnic group. one man repairs, the next one destroys. what a bunch of assholes. useless people.
Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? by RiffRaff: 11:16am On Oct 11, 2009
@ skyblue
i dont blame d piple who said they wont vote. Why waste ur tym in d hot Nigerian sun, sweatin & wastin time in futility?
Luk @ dis pic. Why pay tax when der is no power, water, gud road & al d benefit dat comes wit tax payin?
Y should piple vote wen cretins like Iwu & shameless (Animal Called Man) Obasanjo stil runs dis country?
If Iwu look @ this poll on NL, he wud have sworn on his Grandfathers grave dat Y'all voted 4 yaradua.
If i wer yardua, i wont bother contestst 4 a 2nd term bcuz he has done nothin 2 warrant a second term.
If only Fashola can become d president.
Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? by RiffRaff: 11:16am On Oct 11, 2009
@ skyblue
i dont blame d piple who said they wont vote. Why waste ur tym in d hot Nigerian sun, sweatin & wastin time in futility?
Luk @ dis pic. Why pay tax when der is no power, water, gud road & al d benefit dat comes wit tax payin?
Y should piple vote wen cretins like Iwu & shameless (Animal Called Man) Obasanjo stil runs dis country?
If Iwu look @ this poll on NL, he wud have sworn on his Grandfathers grave dat Y'all voted 4 yaradua.
If i wer yardua, i wont bother contestst 4 a 2nd term bcuz he has done nothin 2 warrant a second term.
If only Fashola can become d president.
Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? by touchmeder: 11:34am On Oct 11, 2009
What has he done till date?
Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? by KnowAll(m): 11:42am On Oct 11, 2009
the only reason people will not vote for him is cuz he's a hausa man. no man on the face of this earth can change nigeria or should i say nigerians

What a lame excuse, we were excited when he was elected as our first graduate President but his performance has being worse than 27 year old Jack Yakubu Gowon. What is all that education for then.

You put up a poll for Ribadu who ironically is also Hausa and see the toll tally up I would be susprise if does not poll over 60% even in biased and tribalised Nairaland.
Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? by olatwo(m): 12:52pm On Oct 11, 2009
grin grin grin nigeria, lol!
Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? by Oblaze(m): 4:27pm On Oct 11, 2009
There is no transparent thing that this government has done.We are know that Election rigging will not stop until people responsible for co-coordinating the election take charge in person of the INEC chairman.
Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? by cvibe: 4:28pm On Oct 11, 2009
I will decide by the end of his tenure.
Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 11, 2009
Vote for yar adua again? God forbid.But he can rig himself back to power
Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? by DEWISE01(m): 5:20pm On Oct 11, 2009
nigerians must not be angry with mr.president,he is trying his best,if he could succeed on this amnesty thing then he is great,cos the millitants are some of the great problems nigeria is facing.i wish him to be re-appointed (if to say that),

Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? by styrax(m): 5:53pm On Oct 11, 2009
@ de wise 01 You look cool in that pix, but is the pix really necessary. Your point noted though,
Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? by oladayo042: 6:14pm On Oct 11, 2009
Never will i vote again. why troubling myself when it does not count.
Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? by oladayo042: 6:19pm On Oct 11, 2009
styrax:

@ de wise 01 You look cool in that pix, but is the pix really necessary. Your point noted though,

He's a new guy, he might just want to show himself.
Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? by dgreatrock(m): 6:47pm On Oct 11, 2009
The votes says it all. NO
Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? by autoka2k2: 7:09pm On Oct 11, 2009
no sensible nigerian would but many things have to be considered. do our votes count? electoral reform process is slower than snail speed. i do not believe these politicians would allow the reforms cos politics is now an occupation.
all things being equal, I WOULD NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT NOT TO TALK OF VOTING FOR YAR ADUA. but do not forget a people get the kind of leader they deserve, (think about it) grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? by PastorOla1: 8:23pm On Oct 11, 2009
I will not again, Tanx
Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? by Freiburger(m): 9:35pm On Oct 11, 2009
Was he elected i never knew,
Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? by westpumpin(m): 10:03pm On Oct 11, 2009
I DONT THINK YAR;DUA HIMSELF WILL EVEN LAST TILL 2011 ELECTION.

DONT WASTE UR VOTE grin
Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 11, 2009
What's the argument all about, the results are already out grin (only known to a select few)
Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 11, 2009
Marlbron said:

Why I would vote for Yaradua:

a) He has tackled militancy. His predecessor looked the other way.

b) he is on track to give us 6000MW of electricity by end of 2009.

c) He is dredging the River Niger, a smart move that will improve business in Nigeria.

d) He plans to tackle the Niger Delta issue post-Amnesty.

e) His petroleum reform bill will be good for the oil industry

f) he has his foot on the ground with infrastructure. No fancy railway project, but realistic ressuscitation of our existing line as a first step.

g) Good fiscal discipline  as well as macro economic policy.

f) Cleaning up the banking system and holding CEOs accountable.

g) Rule of Law, not rule of the executive.

Nigerians are too consumed in self-righteous condemnation to spare a thought for those achievements.

Before our eyes this man has just resolved the Niger Delta issue in a manner that utterly escaped his predecessors, who brought about the problems in the first place.

Power generation has just hit 2,900 mw, the highest it's been for many years.

He may be ''slow'', but what did the previous ''fast'' ones accomplish?

Better to be slow and reach your destination, than  fast and crash into a tree.
Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? by thisme(m): 2:41am On Oct 12, 2009
Anybody that vote for Yaradua is voting for more
poverty and sickness for the Nation!
Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? by Alxmyr(m): 7:23am On Oct 12, 2009
Its too early to judge Niger-Delta issue.
The 6,000MW is yet to come.
Our roads are dealier than ever
Electoral issue is worsening- before PDP will conduct primary even if it is a charade, but now they sit in an hotel room in Abuja and handover list of names and poll result to INEC
Unemployment at its highest.
Corruption is now glorified, Steal as much as you can, all you need is a plead bargain with EFCC
Vision less and directionless administration with dumb cabinet,

What will you vote?
I will rather vote for unpopular candidate than to maintain the status quo, Even if they wont count my vote
Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? by Ben13: 7:59am On Oct 12, 2009
How will I vote for a sick man.
Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? by nethacker(m): 8:20am On Oct 12, 2009
Alxmyr:

Its too early to judge Niger-Delta issue.
The 6,000MW is yet to come.
Our roads are dealier than ever
Electoral issue is worsening- before PDP will conduct primary even if it is a charade, but now they sit in an hotel room in Abuja and handover list of names and poll result to INEC
Unemployment at its highest.
Corruption is now glorified, Steal as much as you can, all you need is a plead bargain with EFCC
Vision less and directionless administration with dumb cabinet,

What will you vote?
I will rather vote for unpopular candidate than to maintain the status quo, Even if they wont count my vote
u just spoke my mind, u left out education grin grin
Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? by otukpo(f): 9:20am On Oct 12, 2009
Definitely no.

If possible, Nigerians shld avoid PDP like a plague
Re: Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? by nethacker(m): 9:26am On Oct 12, 2009
otukpo:

Definitely no.

If possible, Nigerians shld avoid PDP like a plague

yes ooooo.lets start d campaign now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

‘FG Owes Egbin Power Station N86 Billion’ - CEO Egbin Power Plc / Abubakar Malami: This Government Is Determined To End Impunity / Defection Hits APC, NNPP As 12,963 Members Dump Parties For PDP In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.