Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) (20452 Views)

Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly / Oby Ezekwesili Describes Buhari's Speech As "Case Of Missed Opportunity" / Buhari At Ministerial Retreat For 2017 Budget (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) by gurunlocker: 7:37pm On Sep 15, 2016
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) by inventor432(m): 7:38pm On Sep 15, 2016
Gramma too much
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) by OXYZ: 7:39pm On Sep 15, 2016
LL
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) by SharkTank(m): 7:42pm On Sep 15, 2016
laffwitmi:
What is this ojukwu saying,de flatie

Abiola is that you? All these descendants of a fallen angel kicked outta heaven. Lucifer generation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) by MNDY(m): 7:42pm On Sep 15, 2016
This recession has taken a very pitiful fatal dimension, especially in states where workers are owed their salaries! Will synergy of the ministries tackle the recession? If it will, fine! But if it won't, the FG should do what should be done and please save the innocent masses who have been dragged into this untold suffering and hardship!
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) by jossy4joseph(m): 7:43pm On Sep 15, 2016
This is the first Buhari speech that he didn't blame previous administration. Thank goodness

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 15, 2016
Action speaks louder than voice. You've heard the ideas and I want to believe economy will be better...... I no wan hear tory if diz year end o

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) by laffwitmi: 7:45pm On Sep 15, 2016
D pics below says everything abt u... Brainless lol
SharkTank:

Abiola is that you? All these descendants of a fallen angel kicked outta heaven. Lucifer generation

Re: Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) by ibadanfinest(m): 7:45pm On Sep 15, 2016
At last. This is what I expect PMB to be doing as oppose blaming the past administration. I am glad PMB has now come to his senses and realized he was voted to fix Jonathan mess not to blame him.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) by wolesmile(m): 7:47pm On Sep 15, 2016
To be very candid, we need to look beyond our ethnic differences and give this government our fullest support.
Majority of our South South and Southeast brothers, as well as those on the opposition party knows the present government means well for the Nation. But because they chose not to see anything good in Buhari, they criticize all his policies and actions.
Can any sane person, with a sound mind to think rationally, honestly say our present state of economic doldrum is this present government's doing? Don't we all know it's a domino effect from past administrations? So why blame Buhari?
I pity the Ibos most. Instead of them to join hands in making Nigeria great, they'll keep wailing about a Biafra that cannot come to fruition.

Just watch!!! They'll start their attack now.....

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) by chieveboy(m): 7:47pm On Sep 15, 2016
H
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) by ajbabs(m): 7:51pm On Sep 15, 2016
Oasis007:
Nigeria will be great again!

GEJ would have averted the Recession biting hard on the Nigerians, had he heeded OBJ's Warning!

We should stop blaming PMB, rather work collectively to end the mess!

Nigeria is a federation.
The best states of Osun, Ogun, Kwara, Rivers, Edo, Borno and Oyo were all under " pre - APC" party at one time or the other between 2011- 2015 when Nigeria had "oil boom."
Honest question to you now. Did these states save for the raining days? Rather, some of these states plunged their states into big debts (states like Osun, Ogun etc) such that these APC and even PDP states had to look up to the little reminate save by the previous administration as payout fund.
What I am trying to say is that our (political) leaders have failed us irrespective of their party affiliations.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) by billyG(m): 8:11pm On Sep 15, 2016
zicoraads:
Will the speech reduce the cost of rice in the market? undecided
why dnt u try 2 plant rice,instead of wailer & dieing of hunger. cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) by oluwaponmile(m): 8:14pm On Sep 15, 2016
The truth of matter is that the price of oil in world market has dropped significantly and Nigeria's external reserve is almost empty so we just have to diversify our economy. Nigeria will be great again.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) by SycophanticGoat: 8:17pm On Sep 15, 2016
Oasis007:

GEJ would have averted the Recession biting hard on the Nigerians, had he heeded OBJ's Warning!

Nigerians, there you have your hypocrites.. they blame GEJ only to turn around and tell you not to blame the brainless old fool. As if it was GEJ that asked the dullard to implement TSA, peg Naira at 199 until investors left Nigeria in droves, segregate between people that voted for him and others that didn't, thereby giving rise to militancy in the Niger-Delta.. Maybe it was also GEJ that made Buhari to take Nigeria into recession back in 1983/84..

You people are not even ready to canvas support for that cataclysmic failure and economic assassin called Buhari, yet..

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) by joisfeko: 8:21pm On Sep 15, 2016
seapson:

wateva~is~d~content~of~diz~post I~blame~Buhari~first~b4~reading

what if the content said that bubu is dead ,who will u now blame?
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) by gisco200(m): 8:21pm On Sep 15, 2016
Sai BABA, all wat he need is our support
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) by Godmann(m): 8:26pm On Sep 15, 2016
wolesmile:
To be very candid, we need to look beyond our ethnic differences and give this government our fullest support.
Majority of our South South and Southeast brothers, as well as those on the opposition party knows the present government means well for the Nation. But because they chose not to see anything good in Buhari, they criticize all his policies and actions.
Can any sane person, with a sound mind to think rationally, honestly say our present state of economic doldrum is this present government's doing? Don't we all know it's a domino effect from past administrations? So why blame Buhari?
I pity the Ibos most. Instead of them to join hands in making Nigeria great, they'll keep wailing about a Biafra that cannot come to fruition.

Just watch!!! They'll start their attack now.....

Bleep off Buhari. I supported him but can't support a man than discriminate against my people.

Happy he has exposed his Mumu side and is failing woefully

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 15, 2016
Ondoboi12345678:
Who is PMB that everyone is talking about
those with brains

Those that knw how we got here
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) by hotspec(m): 8:39pm On Sep 15, 2016

Re: Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) by Ojikutumemu: 8:49pm On Sep 15, 2016
DRY JOKE YOU CAN DO BETTER
chasers:
LOL grin

Queen Elizabeth,Obama & Buhari went to Hell fire.

Queen Elizabeth asked the devil 2 allow her make some calls 2 England 2 inquire about the Country's welfare, so she spent five minutes.Satan billed her 5million dollars.

Obama also made a call to U.S.A and spent 8 minutes.the bill was 8million dollars.

Then Buhari called Nigeria and spent 2 hours.how much is my bill?he asked Satan,One dollar,

Satan replied. Surprised!! Buhari said but I stayed longer than them all,"Satan smiled and said" calling hell from hell is not expensive,it is a local call
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) by princeisah26(m): 8:54pm On Sep 15, 2016
WHY WE HAVE RECESSION
* Tompolo was paid 13Billion
* Ex-CDS,Alex Badeh dug a pit toilet to hide $32m
* Patience Jonathan is claiming $31m,she has sued the Nigerian state
* Femi Fani-Kayode took 740M
* Dasuki used trucks to load over $35B from the CBN
* Olisa Metuh took 400M
* Aziboala,GEJ's cousin took 6B naira
* Nenadi Usman took 3.5B naira
* Fayose took 3B naira
* Obanikoro took 4Billion naira
* Olu Falae took 100M naira
* Tony Anenih-400M naira
* Oritsejafor-$35M
* Former Air Chief Amosu-2Billion naira
* Lucky Igbinedion-16B naira
*Bode-George and Dabo-100B naira
* Jolly Nyame-2.4B naira
* Joshua Dariye-700M naira
*Nyesom Wike stole # 4b
* Diezzani nko with $20 billion missing oil money?
15 billon dollars missing from arms fund,
10 billion naria, converted to dollars and given as gift to delegstes of PDP Nation convention, Bafarawa collected 3 billion for spiritual purposes ,
12. 7 billon naria for deceased NEPA staff grow winds and disappeared,
20 billion dollars missing from NNPC accounts,
23 billon naira as bribe to INEC staffs to rig the general election, the list is endless. They only left what they cant carry or unable to lay their hands on..The list continues..
Recession didn't just happen, people stole it into happening....
Now HEAR THE THIEVES!!!
1- I acted based on Jonathan instruction- Dasuki
2- I didn't give order- Jonathan
3- I collected 350M from Dasuki for consultation- Iyorchia Ayu
4- I only collected $30,000 from Dasuki not N100m- Bode George
5-I got N4.6b from Dasuki for spiritual purposes- Bafarawa
6-I got N650M from Dasuki for my Abuja burnt office- Thisday Obaigbena.
7-I got N2.1b from Dasuki for publicity- Dokpesi
8- I got another N100m from Yuguda he didn't tell me from where- Bafarawa
9- I gave N100m each to Odili, Jim Nwobodo Bode George and others- Yuguda
10- The president asked me to change N10B to foreign currency for PDP delegates- Dasuki
11- My boss asked me to get $11M from the CBN- Dasuki account officer.
12- I got order from above to pay Tompolo N13B for Maritime university land.- Nimasa DG.
13- 950m was shared in my house-- shekarau
With all this looting and many more revealed some people are still shouting no sign of change yet, they even say it's political persecution.
But I believe, it is the right thing to do.
If you believe too, send this to other people to garner more support for the fight against corruption and looting in our nation. There must be consequence for crime otherwise Nigeria will not develop.
# whalers

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) by bigtt76(f): 9:05pm On Sep 15, 2016
Too much grammar! If its not highlighting ways to reduce the suffering in the land ...then its not worth reading! angry

Oasis007:

http://leadership.ng/news/550726/full-text-president-buharis-speech-at-ministerial-retreat-on-the-economy

Re: Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) by porka: 9:07pm On Sep 15, 2016
Any news about ZERO budgeting?

What's the update?

Any information on MTN's N1trn fine?

What about the Yuan/Naira swap?
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) by eleko1: 9:22pm On Sep 15, 2016
billyG:

why dnt u try 2 plant rice,instead of wailing & dying of hunger. cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) by spafu(m): 9:38pm On Sep 15, 2016
Oasis007:

Please check the top right corner of the paper you quoted. How much was dollars exchanging at black market? It was #186. How much is it today? Keep blaming Jonathan for the mess this useless Buhari has put this country into, and solution will be far away.
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) by nollez: 9:40pm On Sep 15, 2016
Everything was written for him. For him to read it out for us to hear is a problem. For God's sake how will he explain what he doesn't know. A P C is a complete disgrace to this country. Association of past Criminals that doesn't have the interest of this country at heart. A complete bunch of rotten garbage. Everything is analogue thereby taking Nigerians backward. For the fools that are clamouring for change, our best minister Nigeria ever had is AUDU OGBE who predicted that a bag of rice will be sold at the rate of fourty thousand naira by December 2016. Our GOD IS NOT ASLEEP.
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) by emmydollars4life(m): 9:43pm On Sep 15, 2016
eleko1:
sad Jona,diezani,FAYOSE,mama peace,dasuki ruined NIG economy
Jonathan still cancel the debts accumulated by that monkey on the news paper there, about $36 billion was cancelled by world Bank during Jonathan Administration.
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) by AnanseK(m): 9:56pm On Sep 15, 2016
basilo101:
I bet he did not even understand one sentence from this write up which was actually written by someone else
e

All Presidents have speech writers. Including the fake PhDs
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) by AnanseK(m): 10:09pm On Sep 15, 2016
ibadanfinest:
At last. This is what I expect PMB to be doing as oppose blaming the past administration. I am glad PMB has now come to his senses and realized he was voted to fix Jonathan mess not to blame him.

Friends, Nigerians, countrymen ; I come to fix Jonathan's mess and not to blame him
The evil that PDP did lives after them, there is even no good to be entered with their bones.
The evil Party told you that APC is not change but this is I tell you is their malicious lie
We together can and will move Nigeria forward with selflessness and patriotism
With self discipline and hardwork putting the nation first in all we do.
And all we do, we do it well and from heart and for Nigeria.
The wailers can wail, haters can hate, saboteurs can attack but Nigeria will be great.
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) by Evangdanyno2017(m): 10:14pm On Sep 15, 2016
Easier say than done, manuscript reading is very sweet could be done by anybody. Bt actualization is what a make a different. Nigeria need godly leaders with impeccable Charater. If Burhari could be sincere by reviewing some of his policies. Stop blame game, and focus on governance by taking measure that would improved human capital development and infrastructure development. Nigeria would great.
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Ministerial Retreat On Economy (Full Text) by Chukazu: 10:28pm On Sep 15, 2016
I can only see a "shadow" of a president undecided
no wonder the economy has been in shambles

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Discover Unexploded Bomb In Enugu Farmland / Stoppage Of Female Cadets Admission: Is There Truly One Nigeria? / Seyi Makinde Obtains PDP Guber Nomination Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.