Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,328 members, 7,808,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? (12617 Views)

Imam Leads Prayers During Earthquake In Indonesia! (Video) / Some Mistakes Made By Those Who Fasts Ramadan And Perform Nightly Prayers 1 / In The Mosque This Morning, After Morning Prayers, Something Happened. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by truthmans2012: 8:26pm On Sep 15, 2016
In what was termed Muhammad's one-night journey to heaven, he and all muslims were commanded to pray 50 times daily. As he was said to be leaving the presence of Allah, he met Moses on the way, who asked him what command he was given by Allah. Muhammad told him he was ordered to be praying 50 times a day. Moses said that was too much and that he should go back to Allah and get it reduced. Muhammad went back to Allah severally until it was reduced to 5.

Then Allah enjoined fifty prayers on my followers. When I returned with this order of Allah, I passed by Moses who asked me, "What has Allah enjoined on your followers?" I replied, "He has enjoined fifty prayers on them". Moses said "Go back to your Lord (and appeal for reduction) for your followers will not be able to bear it". (Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 1, p. 213).

My observation here is: Moses appears
more knowledgeable than Allah knowing that 50 prayers a day is not practicable. The fact that Allah kept reducing it till it got to 5 shows Moses was correct. Is Allah all-knowing?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 15, 2016
grin
Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 15, 2016

6 Likes

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by divinehand2003(m): 8:43pm On Sep 15, 2016
It's due to religious recessions
Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by tintingz(m): 9:21pm On Sep 15, 2016
That was Allah's plan, He's all knowing.

Moses(AS) knowledge is from Allah.

Allah knows we humans are weak:

(Quran 4:28) Allah wishes to lighten (the burden) for you; and man was created weak.

5 Likes

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by truthmans2012: 9:40pm On Sep 15, 2016
tintingz:
That was Allah plan, He's all knowing.

(Quran 4:28) Allah wishes to lighten (the burden) for you; and man was created weak.

Did Allah consider man's weakness when he ordered 50 prayers a day? Did he lighten man's burden by ordering 50 prayers a day? Moses knowledge is from Allah, which Allah himself lacked, isn't it?

If 50 is divided by 24 hours that make a day, muslims would have been praying two times per hour i. e every 30 mminutes. If it takes 15 minutes per prayer, it means you have only 15 minutes for work in an hour. I wonder what time there is for muslims for other things.

A big thank to Moses.

5 Likes

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by tintingz(m): 10:15pm On Sep 15, 2016
truthmans2012:

Did Allah consider man's weakness when he ordered 50 prayers a day? Did he lighten man's burden by ordering 50 prayers a day? Moses knowledge is from Allah, which Allah himself lacked, isn't it?

If 50 is divided by 24 hours that make a day, muslims would have been praying two times per hour i. e every 30 mminutes. If it takes 15 minutes per prayer, it means you have only 15 minutes for work in an hour. I wonder what time there is for muslims for other things.

A big thank to Moses.
Like have said that was Allah original plan, I have quoted a verse for you.

You just wanna argue for argument sake.

5 Likes

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Empiree: 10:20pm On Sep 15, 2016
truthmans2012:
[size=3pt]In what was termed Muhammad's one-night journey to heaven, he and all muslims were commanded to pray 50 times daily. As he was said to be leaving the presence of Allah, he met Moses on the way, who asked him what command he was given by Allah. Muhammad told him he was ordered to be praying 50 times a day. Moses said that was too much and that he should go back to Allah and get it reduced. Muhammad went back to Allah severally until it was reduced to 5.

Then Allah enjoined fifty prayers on my followers. When I returned with this order of Allah, I passed by Moses who asked me, "What has Allah enjoined on your followers?" I replied, "He has enjoined fifty prayers on them". Moses said "Go back to your Lord (and appeal for reduction) for your followers will not be able to bear it". (Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 1, p. 213).[/size]

more knowledgeable than Allah knowing that 50 prayers a day is not practicable. The fact that Allah kept reducing it till it got to 5 shows Moses was correct. Is Allah all-knowing?
You are a typical kafir. The way you reasoned was exactly the way Jews of old used to behave until they were finally condemned eternally as a community. A muslim can try million times to correct you but you may never change. Just like when Moses and Jesus(p) used to preach to them, they would place their fingers in their ears. That's exactly who you are {same traits}.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by truthmans2012: 7:15am On Sep 16, 2016
Empiree:
You are a typical kafir. The way you reasoned was exactly the way Jews of old used to behave until they were finally condemned eternally as a community. A muslim can try million times to correct you but you may never change. Just like when Moses and Jesus(p) used to preach to them, they would place their fingers in their ears. That's exactly who you are {same traits}.

Your explanation does not hold water.

3 Likes

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by truthmans2012: 7:18am On Sep 16, 2016
tintingz:
Like have said that was Allah original plan, I have quoted a verse for you.

You just wanna argue for argument sake.

How do you mean?

It was Allah's plan to make mistake and be corrected by Moses?

3 Likes

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by plappville(f): 9:41am On Sep 16, 2016
tintingz:
That was Allah plan, He's all knowing.

NO HE DIDNT KNOW. MOSES KNEW !

4 Likes

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by HMZi: 10:16am On Sep 16, 2016
Its like if the bible didnt exist the quoran would have being 'just another book',i mean so much reference to the christain prophets/tales goes to show me that christainity is 'the one'..its like he was trying to create a version 4 himself.

3 Likes

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by tintingz(m): 12:27pm On Sep 16, 2016
truthmans2012:

How do you mean?

It was Allah's plan to make mistake and be corrected by Moses?
Allah(SWT) can never make mistake, He's All-knowing.

On Moses(AS) and Muhammad (SA) about the number of Solat was an advice.
Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by tintingz(m): 12:39pm On Sep 16, 2016
plappville:

NO HE DIDNT KNOW. MOSES KNEW !

Say: "Whether you conceal what is in your hearts or bring it into the open, God knows it: for He knows all that is in the heavens and all that is on earth; and God has the power to will anything." - (Quran 3:29)

5 Likes

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Perhaps: 1:16pm On Sep 16, 2016
truthmans2012:

You know why I like Christians?
You people never fail to show how hypocritical you can be.
I mean, if anything, if you're going to accuse someone of something, you should try making sure you're not guilty of the same thing.
Anyway, you're a Igbo.
You'd never learn.

To the topic on the ground.

Someone has given an explanation to what you so very much wanted to deceive, confuse people with.

So, I'm offering to give you more explanation.
More clarification on the issue on the condition that you answer the following question.

1. What happened between God and Moses in Numbers 14?

2. Repeat Question 1 but this time use Exodus 32 instead if Numbers 14.

3. Explain Amos 7;3

If your reply is what am expecting it to be, then it's in no way I'd put up the rest of my questions for you to answer after I've given am explanation.

Salam.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Perhaps: 1:28pm On Sep 16, 2016
annunaki2:

The more annoying thing is that his so called journey to heaven was just a story he cooked up when he was caught pants down in his mistress house when he was meant to be observing vigil. He then fabricated the lies that he bargained with Allah on how many times they should pray daily.

Seriously?
Please, where is this coming from?

What book or reference do you have for this?

Seriously?

How stupid can some people be?
Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by talkingtruth: 2:28pm On Sep 16, 2016
annunaki2:

The more annoying thing is that his so called journey to heaven was just a story he cooked up when he was caught pants down in his mistress house when he was meant to be observing vigil. He then fabricated the lies that he bargained with Allah on how many times they should pray daily.

Me self hear am so o!!!

Many things were made up by Muhammad in the name of Allah. After seeing the shape of Zynab, he said Allah revealed she should be his wife. Aisha herself suspected his revelations, she wonder why would Allah be so quick granting his desire especially on women matters. No way o!!!

1 Like

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by talkingtruth: 2:30pm On Sep 16, 2016
Perhaps:

You know why I like Christians?
You people never fail to show how hypocritical you can be.
I mean, if anything, if you're going to accuse someone of something, you should try making sure you're not guilty of the same thing.
Anyway, you're a Igbo.
You'd never learn.

To the topic on the ground.

Someone has given an explanation to what you so very much wanted to deceive, confuse people with.

So, I'm offering to give you more explanation.
More clarification on the issue on the condition that you answer the following question.

1. What happened between God and Moses in Numbers 14?

2. Repeat Question 1 but this time use Exodus 32 instead if Numbers 14.

3. Explain Amos 7;3

If your reply is what am expecting it to be, then it's in no way I'd put up the rest of my questions for you to answer after I've given am explanation.

Salam.

Adding confusion to already confused islamic situation and wanting to diggress.

1 Like

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by talkingtruth: 2:39pm On Sep 16, 2016
tintingz

You say all these lies on our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SA) yet people still convert to Islam

The Bible says the world likes darkness more than light. Do you know people travel from every part of the globe to celebrate Osun Osogbo?

Hear what Jesus also say;
Luke 19:27] But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence.

How many did he actually slay? He was talking about the Last Day.

2 Likes

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Perhaps: 2:52pm On Sep 16, 2016
talkingtruth:

Adding confusion to already confused islamic situation and wanting to diggress.

Excuse me sir,
Who are you?

1 Like

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by tintingz(m): 2:57pm On Sep 16, 2016
talkingtruth:

The Bible says the world likes darkness more than light. Do you know people travel from every part of the globe to celebrate Osun Osogbo?
This is the problem with some people, you will always find fault in other people's beliefs.

Before most people convert they must have done research before jumping in, now you are talking about light and darkness because people want to follow other faiths.

People have their choice to choose what they want to believe in, that's why Quran said "Let there be no compulsion in religion" " You do yours I do mine".

So if people say Muhammad (SA) was a womanizer, killer as they claim(Lies), why do we still have people converting/reverting to Islam daily.

I don't care if He killed or not (even though there are killings in OT bible) all I know is that such statement call for killing.

1 Like

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by plappville(f): 3:03pm On Sep 16, 2016
Perhaps:

My very good hypocritical friend.

I'm not going to say much to you.

All I'd say is that you just shot yourself in the foot big time with your comment.

Like, big time.

Hahahaha. I just told you ur self claimed prophet copied the bible.. tongue
Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Perhaps: 3:05pm On Sep 16, 2016
talkingtruth:

None actually.
But your holy(coughs) spirit attributed some really strange things to him.
And it's really weird none of you have actually gone to query (it, him) or whatever your holy(loll) spirit is.

Look at Luke 14:26
Mathew 10:34

I mean, you can as well just forget all of this.

Let's be realistic here.

Christians see Jesus as God. That means that he was also the God of the Old Testament. The same God who commanded all those killings and the author of all those violent and disgusting commands as listed in your previous books. So the violence Jesus supports and predicts is not only evident in the New Testament, but he is supposedly also the author of said violent commands in the Old testament as well. Not only then is the Old Testament “an expression of the will of Christ”–it is Christ.

2 Likes

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by plappville(f): 3:05pm On Sep 16, 2016
tintingz:
You say all these lies on our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SA) yet people still convert to Islam daily.

Mister go find other things to say, its getting boring.

Which jihad? Do you even know what jihad means?

I have studied Nigeria history and what you claim is false instead the Christian white folks took our forefathers as slaves.and false them to believe in a blonde hair Jesus with blue eyes.

Hear what Jesus also say;
[Luke 19:27] But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence."

Out of PAIN, you spew out garbage why?
Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by Perhaps: 3:30pm On Sep 16, 2016
plappville:

Hahahaha. I just told you yourself claimed prophet copied the bible.. tongue

You know when i told you, you shot yourself in the foot, i really meant it.
Your reply proves you hardly even know the meaning of the expression.

Anyway, i'm not your English teacher(that is if you actually did go to school), so, i wont disturb myself with explaining what it means to you.

To your original post.

You spewed all of this trash.

Good observation. And that is exactly how it is. If Moses had not asked Muhammad it would have been different. There is the similar story in the Bible Abraham pleading with God not to Destroy Sodom and Gomorrah. He wanted God to spare the righteous people who lived in there. God all knowing knew as big as the city is, only Lot and his family are righteous. He did what He had to do even with Abraham bargaining, God still destroy Sodom. But In Islam, Allah can be controlled by Angels and even man did change allahs word and Muhammad accepted. grin Quran if full of strorie from the bible. The problem with the quran is that after much copy and modify. Muhammad ended up in contradicting himself.

In reference to what i said to thruthman earlier today, your post proves you are really really really a very big hypocrite.

You mentioned Abraham pleading with God and God not listening to his plea(This one sentence is painfully the summary of everyone you typed up there.)

Now, what does this mean:

1. If we are to go ahead with your analogy, it'd simply mean God does not accept pleading.
Yeah. It'd mean God doesn't answer prayers. It'd mean all you do in church(That is if you actually do go to church) is useless.
Why?
Well, if God answers prayers/pleading, he'd have answered Abraham's prayers.
I mean, come to think of it. Abraham was one of God's finest.
And then God told him no.

So, whats the whole point of you praying if you know you can't change God's mind?

2. How about the places in the Bible where it was recorded that Moses changed God's mind?
If you deny the existence of such verses, it simply means you're either really ignorant of your religion(or whatever you Christianity is) or you're just terribly blind.

In any situation, you're and still going to always be My very own little hypocrite

4 Likes

Re: How Was Muslims Prayers Reduced From 50 To 5? by truthmans2012: 3:44pm On Sep 16, 2016
tintingz:
This is the problem with some people, you will always find fault in other people's beliefs.

Before most people convert they must have done research before jumping in, now you are talking about light and darkness because people want to follow other faiths.

People have their choice to choose what they want to believe in, that's why Quran said "Let there be no compulsion in religion" " You do yours I do mine".

So if people say Muhammad (SA) was a womanizer, killer as they claim(Lies), why do we still have people converting/reverting to Islam daily.

I don't care if He killed or not (even though there are killings in OT bible) all I know is that such statement call for killing.

What research does an innocent person who is deceived do? From what we read about Muhammad, how could anyone know them and still believe he is prophet of God?

If Jesus meant violence for this world, we Christians would have been doing like you muslims, killing and terrorizing the people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

COVID-19: Can We Pray Jumuah At Home If We Make Jamaah? / Marriage Tips / Is It Permissible To Wear The Mask Instead Of The Niqab?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.