Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Catfish, Fish Farming.. Help Needed - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Catfish, Fish Farming.. Help Needed (833 Views)

How To Start Intensive Cat Fish Farming / How To Start A Fish Farming Business In Nigeria / I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catfish, Fish Farming.. Help Needed by iamphotoshoot(m): 8:30pm On Sep 15, 2016
Re: Catfish, Fish Farming.. Help Needed by Nicogen4us(f): 2:32am On Sep 16, 2016
iamphotoshoot:
Hello all, good evening to everyone.

I need help concerning Fish farming. As the thread title entails.

Say some 5years back, I used to be in the business, and I was quite lucky with it.

I specialized in hatching and raising them to the stage of fingerlings before selling them, then I would sell fingerling and juvenile for 10 and 20/25 naira respectively.

But then school and some other things happened in between.

Now, I wish to start again. Please would anyone be kind enough to help me out on or put me through some things?

1. For hatching, please which is best used?
Vat or tank or a small concrete pond. That is for this.

2. As against the price about 5years back, how much is ovaprim? Or is pituitary gland better?.

Please I have got more questions to ask. Thanks.
anyone is good what matters is the quality of water and the best is to make it flow in flow out.
Based on hormone pituitary gland is more cheaper and best acheived if you know the application very well but the most suitable is ovaprim based on research.
Re: Catfish, Fish Farming.. Help Needed by iamphotoshoot(m): 8:09am On Sep 17, 2016
Nicogen4us:
anyone is good what matters is the quality of water and the best is to make it flow in flow out.
Based on hormone pituitary gland is more cheaper and best acheived if you know the application very well but the most suitable is ovaprim based on research.

Ohkay, hello, please are you into the system? I might need more of your help.
Re: Catfish, Fish Farming.. Help Needed by Nicogen4us(f): 9:49am On Sep 17, 2016
iamphotoshoot:

Ohkay, hello, please are you into the system? I might need more of your help.
That is what I do for living. Am a scientist,a trainer and entrepreneur with a registered company.
Re: Catfish, Fish Farming.. Help Needed by iamphotoshoot(m): 11:33am On Sep 17, 2016
Nicogen4us:
That is what I do for living. Am a scientist,a trainer and entrepreneur with a registered company.

Okay. Thank you. Could we talk on WhatsApp ma?
Re: Catfish, Fish Farming.. Help Needed by Nicogen4us(f): 7:45pm On Sep 17, 2016
iamphotoshoot:

Okay. Thank you. Could we talk on WhatsApp ma?
OK by me.
Re: Catfish, Fish Farming.. Help Needed by iamphotoshoot(m): 9:07pm On Sep 17, 2016
Nicogen4us:
OK by me.

Thank you ma, could you add me and message me on 081*******1 or you give me your number?
Re: Catfish, Fish Farming.. Help Needed by Nicogen4us(f): 9:11pm On Sep 17, 2016
iamphotoshoot:

Thank you ma, could you add me and message me on 08163984131 or you give me your number?
Re: Catfish, Fish Farming.. Help Needed by iamphotoshoot(m): 9:35pm On Sep 17, 2016
Nicogen4us:

Alright eshey ma, you can modify your number now. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Ban On Kosso Wood Export Has Been Lifted, Order Your Kosso Wood Now! / Seeds, Seedling And Suckers Are Forsale / Secret Of How I Easily Sell All My Agro Produce Without Stress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.