Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,703 members, 7,802,094 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s (18797 Views)

Nigerian U-20 Players In Europe That Are Making Waves / Eden Hazard Vs Neymar – Who Is The Best Young Winger In The World? / Obafemi Martins Retires From Playing For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by Nosa77(m): 7:31pm On Oct 09, 2009
Check out the comments on this report:

Stanley Okoro Grabs Hat-Trick In Nigeria U17s 4-1 Win

The Heartland forward has shown he is one to watch out for at the FIFA Under-17 World Cup,

Nigeria's Under-17 team, the Golden Eaglets, defeated Qatari club Luqiyya FC 4-1 in a warm-up match ahead of the Under-17 World Cup, with Heartland star Stanley Okoro netting a hat-trick. Okoro got his three goals in the second half, while the other Nigerian goal was scored in the first half by Olarewaju Kayode.

Mighty Jets striker Terry Envoh was also in fine fettle as he spearheaded the attack, while the other Heartland star in the team, full-back Orji Kalu, started from the bench. "This was a remarkable improvement from the team I travelled with to Dubai a few months ago. It is really a team to be proud of," top team official, Garba Lawal, told Goal.com

The Eaglets are on a training stint in Qatar prior to the FIFA Under-17 World Cup, which they will host starting on October 24. Nigeria, who are also the defending champions, are drawn against Germany, Argentina and Honduras in the first round of the tournament. The team are expected back in Nigeria on October 16.

Samm Audu, Goal.com

SOURCES: http://goal.com/en/news/89/africa/2009/10/08/1549385/stanley-okoro-grabs-hat-trick-in-nigeria-u17s-4-1-win AND http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=11544

COMMENTS:
Ebuka Bora:
I played along Stanley Okoro, ‘Awila’, Izueke et al in one of the zonal camping for the then ‘junior boys’ team to represent Enugu North. The venue was National Grammar School Nike (my Sec. Sch.), Enugu. Okoro was then in either SS1 (my level then as well) or above me (i.e. SS2). He later played for the famous River lane FC while still in school and even after his sec. Sch. That was the last I saw him before watching him again in of Rangers matches like two seasons ago.

I’m 28 years old. Stanley Okoro is older than I am. Now he says he is under 17. God save us . I wish FIFA will test every player b4 the tournament begins proper so that we’ll learn to do the right thing that will benefit us. True under 17 are all in Sec. Schools unless the person never attended sec. Sch. or dropped out. May God help my dear country Nigeria.

Owoloabi - Nigeria:
Stanley Okoro is 32yrs old. Old man with young boy skin

SANCHEZ:
This people at the NFF will never learn, and its costing the country dearly. what exactly is the point of winning this youth tournaments then fail to qualify for the big one (WORLD CUP). The coaches and the crazy guys running football in nigeria are responsible for the tiny players in the super eagles cos they spend so much time choosing old men with tiny physiques and declaring them to be U-17s. As for the so called 'teenagers' from heartland, they will not make it big in football if at this stage of their lives, all they are thinking about is making it into the U17 team. when are they going to start playing as an adult, even if they make it to europe, they can only sign for clubs on schorlaship basis cos they will be deemed 'too young' to sign a professional contract. by the time they get to the right age, their bodies will be too old to do anything. So many of their guys who did same are roaming the streets of europe now doing nothing. What a joke, this okoro guy is far older than Ibok Edet whose parents used to be our neighbour. He’s older than most of the guys in siasia's team.

Chris:
To the topic at hand, if Okoro has played for rangers for two seasons and heartland same number of season and still under 17, hmmm, he must be an avarter. Lol

Cletus
Okoro don play 2 season for heartland, still dey under 17, e be like say,him age e dey count am go backward. may next two years, he go be under 15.

Mike
The fact that Stanley Okoro played for rangers three season ago is enough to say his over age.

Kachi Oron, Nigeria
It is impossible to see a 20 year old boy in the Nigerian league. All of them are matured men.

Aluko
I have personally played in the same team with Stanley. He is nearing 30. This is just ridiculous.

And he missed the MRI Scan??
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by myhouse: 9:24pm On Oct 09, 2009
Then what is your problem, do you want to announce to the world,then go ahead, idiot
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by 9ijaprince(m): 9:39pm On Oct 09, 2009
@poster are you on a vendetta mission.
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by otokx(m): 10:23pm On Oct 09, 2009
Poster is right; the sins of 9ja are too many and when it starts catching up with us then we start wondering.
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by semid4lyfe(m): 1:56am On Oct 10, 2009
Na today?
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by sley4life(m): 4:56am On Oct 11, 2009
too bad. When do we stop age cheats. How can we carry 30yrs old man to play u17 and claim to be 15 or 16yrs of age
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by ayusman16(m): 9:50am On Oct 11, 2009
The poster is a failure hence he wants to tarnish the guy's image.
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by 4llerbe(m): 10:28am On Oct 11, 2009
Ha ay, ay, see wetin u dey talk? So becos of u17 u dey support? After super chicken go dey mess up u go complain. Dnt u knw dt eagles have 45 yr old in d team. When den no get energy play dem go f up. When @ 32 u play u17, after 6 yrs u enter eagles ur mates don dey coach. Ay ha! Bad nigerian
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by ayusman16(m): 10:32am On Oct 11, 2009
That is not the issue. It was the tone of the poster that upset me. Like he is on a personal vandetta mission. So he want the world to see and sanction the lad.

You must not becos u r a failure and want to bring others down.
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by MrCrackles(m): 10:41am On Oct 11, 2009
Topic
Na today. . . .
Reading stories of bloody cheats like this make me want to grass em fucking assholes!
How can a 30-odd years old fella be claiming 17 and kicking about with kids young enough to be his children?
This is ridiculous. . .
i understand if a 19 or 20 yr old fella get passed on, but for a 30-odd yr old shocked
That means the majority of the Nigerian under 21 contingent at the ongoing FIFA tournament, must be over 40 or something! shocked grin
Bloody cheats!
FIFA go hear am cheesy
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by aieromon(m): 11:03am On Oct 11, 2009
Please,tell me something that i don't know undecided
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by ayusman16(m): 11:07am On Oct 11, 2009
Same old story but a single person should not be pointed out. The poster sure has beef for Okoro.
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by Dclique(m): 3:10pm On Oct 11, 2009
I love 9ja, Hahahaha.
Imagine, From 30 to 17.
Mehn, that bros dey vex.
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by edoyad(m): 3:25pm On Oct 11, 2009
^ ^ Imagine Didier Drogba playing for Ivory coast under 17 grin Nigeria is such a joke. No wonder we only do well at age competitions, win all African age competitions but can't who nations cup.
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by chic2pimp(m): 3:57pm On Oct 11, 2009
Nosa 77:

Cletus
Okoro don play 2 season for heartland, still dey under 17, e be like say,him age e dey count am go backward. may next two years, he go be under 15.
Don't mind the useless guy. E be like say him get Benjamin Button's disease. That's why Nigeria tend to do well in under age competitions. This grown men are playing against boyz young enough to be their kids and should be ashamed of themselves. That's why the result to using bully boy tactics when they face these teams.

While other teams use youth tournaments to groom players in preparation for their senior squads,our buncha cheats use them for their selfish gains.
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by Nosa77(m): 12:21am On Oct 12, 2009
Sorry if I appeared blunt and vendettarish, but the issue is provoking, especially after the MRI Scan palaver.

Look, this is a guy who three weeks ago was touted to play for Super Eagles - http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/sports/article01//indexn2_html?pdate=180909&ptitle=Martins,%20Etuhu%20may%20return%20against%20Mozambique - and suddenly he's under 17 playing for the Eaglets.

He's also in the home-based Eagles squad - http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5416297-146/26_players_make_home-based_Eagles_list.csp

Come on. If he was 18 or 20 it's more understandable, but this one is too much.

We have raw talent amongst the youths - why now go for a 30 year old guy who's already making a name for himself?? That he's talented is assured, but it doesn't mean we need to chuck him into the Under 17s,
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by DisGuy: 8:28am On Oct 12, 2009
No wonder nigerian newspapers don't publish the players age  grin

the guy is old enough to be the father of one of the other players!! thats if they are not double their age too

so what happened to the MRI scan?
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by presido1: 10:30am On Oct 12, 2009
NFA or NFF should take the blame. They know all these info yet they include him in the u17 team.
Its a shame.
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by nguage(m): 5:16pm On Oct 12, 2009
Ebuka Bora: 2009-10-12 15:18

APOLOGY! APOLOGY!!APOLOGY!!!

To all forumnites/Stanley Okoro.

Recall my comments on the article ''Heartland Stanley Okoro drafted to the eaglets? I've mistaken Stanley Okoro for Stanley Okoronkwo (formerly with Rangers). Please I don't know Stanley Okoro or his age. I was actually referring to Stanley Okoronkwo who I know very well. May God forgive me for this serious error, which is a consequence of my love for my country and the desire to see us develop real U17 players into world-beaters in the nearest future. Please, do me a favour, reach out to whoever you had given this wrong information to say it was WRONG. Stanley OKORO please accept my apology.

This is from the kickoff website, the same guy.
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by 9ijaprince(m): 8:28pm On Oct 12, 2009
Next time you better be sure of what you are posting. Look at what you have just done to this guys career?
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by ayusman16(m): 8:03am On Oct 13, 2009
After them don tarnish the guy's image.

@Poster!

Thank God you retracted your statement.
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by slimshay(m): 8:14am On Oct 13, 2009
please confirm check and double check, in as much as we are going down the drain in football we dont need all this circus.
Recently a leading sports newspaper carried some story about how Yobo led super eagles to party after the Tunisian draw, meanwhile from confirmed report, Yobo was at home totally depressed with his family.
If the job of the footballers is to play football and they are not doing that well, what makes the reporter or blogger who reports nonsense any better. They are both not good at their jobs. Simple!!
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by sley4life(m): 8:16am On Oct 13, 2009
Even if, those players are more than 20yrs
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by nguage(m): 2:29am On Oct 14, 2009
The OP hasn't corrected this thread yet. Please correct the thread and the title.
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by edoyad(m): 1:20pm On Oct 14, 2009
@poster make sure you check your facts before going to press okay ?
But his mistake doesn't take away the fact we have a problem with our players' real ages. Do you mean to tell me people like Lukman Haruna are not well over 20.
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by chic2pimp(m): 4:01pm On Oct 14, 2009
edoyad:

@poster make sure you check your facts before going to press okay ?
But his mistake doesn't take away the fact we have a problem with our players' real ages. Do you mean to tell me people like Lukman Haruna are not well over 20.
It has always and will always be our problem. Take a look @ Atlanta 96 and Nigeria 99 where nigeria did vey well,many players from other teams have gone on to be major players for club & country while our players are nowhere to be seen.
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by ayusman16(m): 4:17pm On Oct 14, 2009
chic2pimp:

It has always and will always be our problem. Take a look @ Atlanta 96 and Nigeria 99 where nigeria did vey well,many players from other teams have gone on to be major players for club & country while our players are nowhere to be seen.

True Talk! But it is not only in sports. The system entirely is corrupt. Applicants reducing their ages while seeking for employments.
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by gezy: 4:09pm On Oct 15, 2009
your apology is accepted but it's wrong to run outside crying only to come back later to say it was a lie or joke. Pls next time be double sure of what you're posting. no 1 is ready to share in another man's sins.
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by daniellle(f): 12:09am On Oct 16, 2009
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by buffead(f): 4:11pm On Oct 16, 2009
daniellle:

it can only happen in nigeria sad lipsrsealed
[img]http://flagcounter.com/count/Nsu/bg=E1E8E1/txt=E1E8E1/border=E1E8E1/columns=1/maxflags=1/viewers=3/labels=1/[/img]

dats a big lie , other countries too do such abegiiii we like to make noise about everything , if u watch da last under 17 world cup u will see dat majority of da countries use over age , and soo wat if nigeria do , am not trying to say its a good thing but we nigerians make noise about everything bad we do , as if other nations are not even worse dan us ,
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by rasputinn(m): 10:50pm On Oct 16, 2009
Over aged or not,Nigeria will be disgraced in the U-17 tourney and the eagles won't make it to South Africa so that the appropriate authorities will have the will to disband the NFF and take concrete steps tp put our football back on the path of seriousness
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by patoski96(m): 12:23pm On Oct 28, 2009
i wonder if you guys ARE blind or just out to be anti nigerians ,, well if you stanley okoro player haters had been following the tournament with your eyes and not your mouth then you will notice that germany,new zealand and the rest paraded men old enough to be our fathers!!! listen you all ,the west wants to take away our youth football glory and they are out to do it!! they themselves are they really and honestly under 17NOOOOOOOO,USE YOUR BRAIN BROTHERS!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Premier League Player Of The Month For April / Anthony Joshua To Face Francis Ngannou In March / 2023 CAF Player Award: Osimhen, Salah, Hakimi Make Final Three Shortlist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.