Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

Advice For A Foreign Girl On What To Wear To A Wedding - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Advice For A Foreign Girl On What To Wear To A Wedding (933 Views)

5 Uniforms Every Responsible Lady Must Wear And The Correct Sequence / Somali Girl On Arabs Got Talent / Contest For The Most Beautiful Girl On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice For A Foreign Girl On What To Wear To A Wedding by ooladyoo(f): 9:08pm On Oct 09, 2009
My may be going to a wedding, it'll be my first trip to naija and I'm verrrrrrrrrrrry excited.  I feel like I should wear a nigerian dress out of respect, and also because I think they are so beautiful and colourful ,  and I just wanted some advice on whether it would be acceptable / seen as a good thing?
Re: Advice For A Foreign Girl On What To Wear To A Wedding by posakosa(m): 9:11pm On Oct 09, 2009
go buck naked grin grin grin grin grin grin

How foreign are you ?
Re: Advice For A Foreign Girl On What To Wear To A Wedding by ooladyoo(f): 9:16pm On Oct 09, 2009
hahaha that's not happening.

Quite. Australian living in UK.
Re: Advice For A Foreign Girl On What To Wear To A Wedding by AjaraEwuro: 11:55pm On Oct 09, 2009
@poster

Wear anything - just be yourself/.
Re: Advice For A Foreign Girl On What To Wear To A Wedding by throttler(f): 10:20am On Oct 12, 2009
if it would make you feel good, and you realy want to blend, then get a good tailor there that specializes in african clothes making, and have her show u current african or nigerian magazines, or if you have a design in mind, then go ahead and make it. african prints are so wonderfully beautiful, and not like any other. ask for vlisco designs or material, they stand out. have fun wink
Re: Advice For A Foreign Girl On What To Wear To A Wedding by agathamari(f): 4:39pm On Oct 13, 2009
check and see if there is a "uniform" there real big on that here
Re: Advice For A Foreign Girl On What To Wear To A Wedding by davidif: 6:44am On Oct 14, 2009
just be yourself girl, Naija people respect that.
Re: Advice For A Foreign Girl On What To Wear To A Wedding by ooladyoo(f): 9:36pm On Oct 19, 2009
Thanks for the advice, sounds good. Like the idea of getting a tailor!
Re: Advice For A Foreign Girl On What To Wear To A Wedding by throttler(f): 9:50am On Oct 20, 2009
oo_lady_oo:

Thanks for the advice, sounds good. Like the idea of getting a tailor!

u welcome.
Re: Advice For A Foreign Girl On What To Wear To A Wedding by Oluschenco(m): 10:15am On Oct 22, 2009
If you are a Yoruba girl, Aso-oke will be nice, but if you are not, put on a Spag. cheesy
Re: Advice For A Foreign Girl On What To Wear To A Wedding by ooladyoo(f): 4:21pm On Oct 23, 2009
I'm not yoruba , or even nigerian.

What's Spag?
Re: Advice For A Foreign Girl On What To Wear To A Wedding by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 23, 2009
Wear what you'd normally wear to a wedding. Traditional attire isn't a must, you just have to look smart.
Re: Advice For A Foreign Girl On What To Wear To A Wedding by africhika(f): 10:56pm On Oct 23, 2009
just don't wear a mumu

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me Translate: Thaaaanks / Have You Learned Any New Culture On Nairaland? / Some Of The Best Ekiti/ondo Music Ever Made.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.