Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,472 members, 7,781,371 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:21 PM

Why Did Jesus Come Into The World? To Judge Or Not To Judge? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did Jesus Come Into The World? To Judge Or Not To Judge? (1273 Views)

Why Did Jesus Come??? / Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? / Bible Contradictions: Should Christians Judge Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Jesus Come Into The World? To Judge Or Not To Judge? by huxley(m): 10:03pm On Oct 09, 2009
John 3:

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whosoever believes on him may not perish, but have life eternal.

17[b] For God has not sent his Son into the world that he may judge the world, but that the world may be saved through him.[/b]

18He that believes on him is not judged: but he that believes not has been already judged, because he has not believed on the name of the only-begotten Son of God.

John 9:

38And he said, I believe, Lord: and he did him homage.

39[b]And Jesus said, For judgment am I come into this world, that they which see not may see, and they which see may become blind.[/b]

40And [some] of the Pharisees who were with him heard these things, and they said to him, Are we blind also?

John 12:

46 I am come into the world [as] light, that every one that believes on me may not abide in darkness;

47[b]and if any one hear my words and do not keep [them], I judge him not, for I am not come that I might judge the world, but that I might save the world.[/b]

48He that rejects me and does not receive my words, has him who judges him: the word which I have spoken, that shall judge him in the last day.

So did Jesus come to judge the world or not to judge the world?

You decide!
Re: Why Did Jesus Come Into The World? To Judge Or Not To Judge? by posakosa(m): 10:59pm On Oct 09, 2009
Jesus came into the world to LOVE. Religion made Jesus into a judge!~
Re: Why Did Jesus Come Into The World? To Judge Or Not To Judge? by huxley(m): 11:52am On Oct 10, 2009
posakosa:

So why does Jesus keep talking about JUDGING? Was this word forced into his mouth?
Re: Why Did Jesus Come Into The World? To Judge Or Not To Judge? by Kobojunkie: 2:38am On Mar 15
huxley:
■ So did Jesus come to judge the world or not to judge the world? You decide!
None of the verses you quoted says that he came into the world to judge the world, so why ask the question? undecided
Re: Why Did Jesus Come Into The World? To Judge Or Not To Judge? by Kobojunkie: 2:40am On Mar 15
posakosa:
Jesus Christ didn't say any of the above which you claim though, so why pretend any of this makes sense as far as Jesus Christ is concerned? undecided

(1) (Reply)

7 Days Out-Of-Body Odyssey Convinces Scientist Of Heaven's Existence / True Righteousness In God's Kingdom - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi / Is The Book Of Psalm Part Of Book Of Moses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.