Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,874 members, 7,806,497 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making (47097 Views)

7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom / Underwear Mistakes You Are Making As A Lady / Feb. 14th Two Years Of Body Building... Pls Rate (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by WebGuy: 1:48pm On Sep 16, 2016
We have all embarked on a bodybuilding journey at one point or the other in our lives, but it takes a special kind of man to see that journey to the end.

Most guys you see out there are either potbellied agbalagbas or skinny twigs who look like they could be carried away by the wind at a moment’s notice.

Guys see the male models on TV and how they attract legions of women by just raising their shirt; or those big buff bouncers who intimidate everybody with their huge chests and arms.

Then these guys decide they want some of that action; so they rush to buy a gym membership and some protein shakes, try to haphazardly do some exercises and weight lifting, and then ……………………they finally give up after a week because they aren’t seeing quick results they wanted and they lack the discipline to see anything to the end.

Does this remind you of someone? Maybe a friend, family member, class mate? Maybe it even reminds you of yourself.

The men, who do have the discipline to consistently work out, go about it completely in the wrong way. They either take fitness advice from friends and family who are in no better shape themselves, or …….they some new follow one new, scam like, 6 packs in 3 weeks exercise program online (which will do a lot more harm to their bodies than good).

I’m going to start off with some of the top mistakes guys make as they embark on their body building campaigns and then………………………….

I’m going to show you how to effectively go about building all that huge, thick, lean muscle you’ve always dreamed off.

http://sobolation.com/top-5-body-building-mistakes-you-didnt-know-you-are-making/

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by WebGuy: 1:49pm On Sep 16, 2016
MISTAKE 1: LOOKING FOR QUICK RESULTS

Rome wasn’t built in a day and neither will your body.

A major mistake men make when body building is looking for immediate muscle growth and progress. In fact this is the biggest cause of guys quitting on their exercise campaigns.

You will see a guy who wants to put on 25 kg, go to the gym and lift weights during the span of 2 hours only for 1 week, then he will look in the mirror expecting a miracle to have happened to his body.
After finding out he still looks exactly the same way he did a week ago, he will say body building isn’t meant for him, and proceed to quit.

It’s called Body Building for a reason, not body quick results.

Results will come after weeks of hard work and dedication, and the only way you are going to get through those weeks is if you are disciplined and you learn to enjoy the process of working out.

Try keeping a journal of how much weight you can lift and how many reps you can do, then gradually increase the reps or the amount of weight as you get stronger.

And as you get stronger you will start to see and feel the difference in your body, people will start complementing you more, and maybe just maybe, you might be able to make girls go wild by just taking off your shirt too.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by WebGuy: 1:50pm On Sep 16, 2016
Mistake 2: Too Much Info, Not Enough Action

I’m sure you’ve seen a hundred different exercise plans and routines; a hundred different variations of the same exercises too I’m sure. But how many of them have you actually put into action? Not many I guess.

When I first started exercising, I subscribed to and read all the men’s fitness and health magazines that were available at the time. I was always looking for the newest workout routine, the latest fitness trend and that magic pill that would give me a Greek god like body, without all the herculean work.

But, I never started any of them seriously.
I never started eating healthy or actually going to the gym to try any of those routines.

I was just happy consuming endless amounts of information; all the while deceiving myself that I was actually doing something.

All the workout routines and diet plans in the world won’t help you if you don’t have the will to do something about it.

Fat people know they should eat less and exercise more, but they still consume endless amounts of junk food, and the only time they lift weights is when they lift that hamburger into their mouth.

And skinny people know they should eat more and hit the gym too, but you still see them eating crap like garri, indomie and so on. No wonder they still look like Justin Bieber.

So next time you hear about a new training program or diet plan, actually put it into action before quitting and moving on to the next one; Okay.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by WebGuy: 1:52pm On Sep 16, 2016
Mistake 3: Doing the Wrong Kind Of Exercises

Different weight loss or weight gain goals, call for different exercises.

A man who’s just trying to shed a few grams of fat, a guy who’s trying to develop a sexy male physique and a guy who is just trying to keep fit have totally different goals. And as such they will need to do different exercises go achieve their goals.

If you’re trying to build muscle, it will be more effective to lift heavy weights in the low rep range, with 3 sets maximum. If it’s fat you want to burn, high intensity cardio exercises like skipping, and jogging is the way to go.

And if you’re just trying to keep fit, any regular old exercise is god enough as long as you’re actively doing something.

That means if you’ve been doing the wrong kind of training for your bodybuilding goals, you’re going to see very little progress or growth, if any at all.

So be clear about what your training goals are, then pick the right kind of diet and exercise plan and only then will you start to see the kind of results you want.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by WebGuy: 1:53pm On Sep 16, 2016
Mistake 4: Training Each Body Part Only Once a Week

Yes, our bodies do need to recover after an intense workout session, but most men take the rest or recovery period way too far. You’ll see some guys work out their legs and chests on Monday and then say to themselves
“Mehn I’ve really worked out my legs, now they need a long rest” and they end up not working out their legs again till another week has passed.

Lifting weights causes the muscle fibers in your body to tear, and as your body repairs itself, the muscles get stronger and bigger (just like the way scar tissue forms on our bodies).

So it’s important to actually rest after exercising, but between 24 to 48 hours is adequate enough. Anymore and you aren’t working your muscles hard enough.

Usually I work out the same muscle groups every other day. I also leave Sunday out just to reset my body before the next week.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by WebGuy: 1:55pm On Sep 16, 2016
MISTAKE 5: LACK OF CONSISTENCY AND PROCRASTINATION

“I’ll start my training program fully next month”

“I’ve missed Monday and Tuesday already, I think I’ll just forget it and start fresh again next week”

or the worst of them which is

“I really don’t have the time to go and work out”.

The funny thing is that there will never be time, you’ll still miss another two days and have to start fresh, and one month of postponing could lead to a whole year without starting.

You can’t expect to exercise halfheartedly only once a week, and expect to grow miraculous muscles. That’s like saying you want to get paid salary only once a year, but you still want to get rich from your job. It’s practically impossible.

Light weights and simple exercises done consistently on a regular basis will do you much more good than a spontaneous, once a month intense work out session.

And when you do intense workouts consistently too, well guess what you’re on your way to Greek god like body.
With consistency you’re more likely to develop a lifelong habit of exercising and healthy living than just doing a set of bench presses every other month; because it’s easier to build exercising momentum and stick to it than it is to keep starting all over again.

So please don’t put off until tomorrow what can be done today, just keep at it and you will begin to see results.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by WebGuy: 1:57pm On Sep 16, 2016
An aesthetic, strong physique is something to be proud of and it is very achievable if you really want it.

The question is, do you really want it? Well only you can answer that question.

Cheers,

Source: http://sobolation.com/top-5-body-building-mistakes-you-didnt-know-you-are-making/

Cc lalasticlala

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by ChemicalReaction(f): 2:29pm On Sep 16, 2016
Lovely piece! Where are the 'POT BELLIED' niggaz?

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by Benjom(m): 3:37pm On Sep 16, 2016
Hmn... I've been there before but... even as I'm typing, my arm is still making unusual "crack-crack" sound.

Get that job interviews effortlessly with the midas touch of the Best CV Writer in Nigeria now. View samples and raw testimonials here:

www..com/cv-samples/

www..com/testimonials/

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by Angelb4: 3:37pm On Sep 16, 2016
6 packs without money. I dey watch as una go complain about the guy in jeep snatching your babes.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by chimaobinelson(m): 3:37pm On Sep 16, 2016
To me i will obligate all men to workout and build a manly physique ,aside from having a healthier ppl,we will also earn some respect from our women
just saying dou... undecided

5 Likes

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by managermahmud: 3:37pm On Sep 16, 2016
Playing of football also helps a lot... in fact, it works like magic, it's the best form of exercise. It improves your lungs functionality, improves better heart beat, develops muscular systems especially the tigh b muscle.... And above all, it strengthens ones waist which is the most important to me grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by davibid: 3:38pm On Sep 16, 2016
Looking for your I kept my six packs

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by sukkot: 3:39pm On Sep 16, 2016
why deez niggas in they draws though. jus sayin
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by kinzmen: 3:39pm On Sep 16, 2016
Six packs........

i must meet ladyf........
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by Eshence: 3:40pm On Sep 16, 2016
Show us ur pics
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by kceewhyte(m): 3:40pm On Sep 16, 2016
OK
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by naijaboiy: 3:40pm On Sep 16, 2016
Op just reminded me of when I started my gym journey sometime last year.

After the first few days I ran away! My hands were so cramped and I couldn't move them.

gringringrin

But when I saw the way my friend was consistent and he was getting awesome result...nobody told me to rush back to the gym and I experienced such pain again but this time I was fully prepared.

If I pull my shirt now.... wink

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by gqboyy(m): 3:41pm On Sep 16, 2016
abeg who go dash me steroids am tayad of being lean
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by Mikylopez(f): 3:43pm On Sep 16, 2016
I used to work out visit the gym often and do road jog buh momcy complained it's been 2yrs now and I can't even do press up again I used to do 40 pushups every morning now I do Jes 15-20 am already tired I need my abs back!
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by dayjee: 3:45pm On Sep 16, 2016
This my bot belly must dissappear by fire by force...

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by infgost234(m): 3:47pm On Sep 16, 2016
Nice nice.
I recently started working out. Like 8 months ago, and i hv been seeing some slow results... I think im actually not getting the diet thing right.. OP, pls wat and wat shud one be eating to grow some pretty thick muscles?

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by daclint(m): 3:49pm On Sep 16, 2016
I love my 6 packs so much that I protect them with a layer of fat . Team pot belly

34 Likes

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by encryptjay(m): 3:50pm On Sep 16, 2016
davibid:
Looking for your I kept my six packs
lol
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by 99foxxy(f): 3:50pm On Sep 16, 2016
Na six packs the bring money?
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 16, 2016
I gave up gym to chase money, now the money s flowing in, and with the women too.. now that's what I call a win win
Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by jokerphilics(m): 3:52pm On Sep 16, 2016
All I see is a shameless man in a pix all in d name of six pack. After attracting bae, will ur six pack maintain a happy marriage with wifey for u.
Sixpackmyfoot

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by chubbygal(f): 3:54pm On Sep 16, 2016
Op TRAINING YOUR BODY AND FORGETTING YOUR LEGS... very serious mistake

15 Likes

Re: Top 5 Body Building Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Are Making by masken45(m): 3:55pm On Sep 16, 2016

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Teeth Whitening: 9 Facts Everyone Must Know About / What's This? What Appeared On My Mother's Hands / Doctors Operate On An Orphan In Imo To Remove Tumor (Viewers Discretion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.