Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Buhari's Administration Wants To Use Me To Arrest Jonathan--tompolo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Administration Wants To Use Me To Arrest Jonathan--tompolo (38182 Views)

We Won’t Tell Efcc To Arrest Jonathan – Osinbajo / It’s Time To Arrest Jonathan — Lagos APC / Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Administration Wants To Use Me To Arrest Jonathan--tompolo by andresia(m): 4:28pm On Sep 16, 2016
Mr. Ekpemupolo, who is widely known as Tompolo, said the former president was the primary target of the Buhari administration.

Tompolo, who is a fugitive having so far declined to answer a summons by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), said the government's plan to arrest him was a smokescreen to get at Mr. Jonathan.

In a rare exclusive interview, Tompolo also alleged that his father, who died last week, was physically assaulted by Nigeria's security agents on May 26, 2016 when they invaded Kurutie town in the Gbaramatu local government area where his late father, Thomas
Ekpemupolo, resided before his death.

The former militant said the soldiers who attacked his aged father also ransacked his and others' homes in the community. According to him, his late father suffered serious bodily injuries which resulted in the
amputation of his lower limbs.

"I am just a victim of circumstances. I am just a perceived enemy of the government," Tompolo said in the interview. He added: "The intention of the government was to arrest former President Goodluck Jonathan. But they feel that arresting Jonathan without arresting me may be difficult, that was the reason why they are after me."

He offered more details on his father’s death, stating, "It happened in the early hours of Saturday May 28, 2016 when the Nigerian Army, under the guise of looking for members of the Niger Delta Avengers and of course my humble self, who they have accused of being behind the activities of the group without any evidence, invaded Kurutie town, where my father, Chief Thomas Ekpemupolo, was staying. They ransacked the whole building and brutalized him. He sustained an injury in one of his legs. We took him to Warri for medical attention after one week of the incident, due to difficulty in movement from the village to Warri because of the activities of the Army. He was admitted at Lily Clinic, where thorough medical tests were conducted on him. The doctors later advised that his lower limb should be amputated because complication had set in as a result of the injury. We agreed to this and that was done. However, he later died in the clinic after two months."

Tompolo described claims by security forces that he has been sponsoring the dreaded militant group, the Niger Delta Avengers, as "baseless and a wicked allegation." He said, "I have refuted the allegation. Even the government knows that I am not a sponsor of the Niger Delta Avengers. They are only looking for something to nail me."

He took a swipe at Nigeria's judicial system, which he said kow-tows to the government in purely legal matters. He advocated that the judiciary should be independent in order to be effective in serving the people, especially in matters involving "perceived enemies of the state."

Tompolo added, "I was the first person to sue the government and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) because my company’s account was restricted unjustly, but till now, the court has been playing funny, as the court has refused to hear the matter. Instead, it has been adjourning the case at every sitting. I pray that the Nigerian Judiciary should be independent, otherwise it is difficult for a perceived enemy of the government to get justice and judgement."

Tompolo also criticized President Muhammadu Buhari, stating that the retired Army General does not have a clue about how to manage the economy of the country, as evidenced by Nigeria's present economic situation.

"Now Nigerians have seen the way the government has run the economy aground because they are clueless, and only chasing shadows. It is difficult to give what you do not have."

He threatened to return to the creeks as a militant because the Federal Government has failed the people, adding that the only way he could help his people may be to go back to the creeks and lay among his people, as he had done in the past.

"That is where I come from, and the whole of my life I have stayed there. This is just a temporary setback as I prefer to stay in the creek than any other place," said Tompolo.

"That was why I led the struggle for a better living condition for the people so that, in the shortest possible time, the creek is urbanized so that the people will live like their counterparts in the urban areas," he added.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/09/16/buhari-administration-wants-use-me-arrest-jonathan-tompolo

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Administration Wants To Use Me To Arrest Jonathan--tompolo by andresia(m): 4:30pm On Sep 16, 2016
Izonpikin, na true your bros dey talk?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Administration Wants To Use Me To Arrest Jonathan--tompolo by Mimidiva(f): 4:31pm On Sep 16, 2016
He is still talking

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Administration Wants To Use Me To Arrest Jonathan--tompolo by richidinho(m): 4:34pm On Sep 16, 2016
Our freedom fighter

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari's Administration Wants To Use Me To Arrest Jonathan--tompolo by andresia(m): 4:34pm On Sep 16, 2016
Mimidiva:
He is still talking

Yes o. Still trying to blackmail the country. Imagine saying he wants his place to be urbanized in the shortest period of time forgetting that for 6yrs they held sway without any development to the region

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari's Administration Wants To Use Me To Arrest Jonathan--tompolo by richidinho(m): 4:34pm On Sep 16, 2016
Mimidiva:
He is still talking

No! he is not talking, dont mind your business

100 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari's Administration Wants To Use Me To Arrest Jonathan--tompolo by andresia(m): 4:36pm On Sep 16, 2016
Mynd44, kindly do something
Re: Buhari's Administration Wants To Use Me To Arrest Jonathan--tompolo by otitokoroleti: 4:36pm On Sep 16, 2016
And Buhari MADNESS continues...

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Administration Wants To Use Me To Arrest Jonathan--tompolo by Mimidiva(f): 4:37pm On Sep 16, 2016
richidinho:

No! he is not talking, dont mind your business
ok I will mind your business tongue

9 Likes

Re: Buhari's Administration Wants To Use Me To Arrest Jonathan--tompolo by seunmsg(m): 4:39pm On Sep 16, 2016
He should come out of hiding and speak openly. That is when I will take him serious as a law abiding citizen. And who is he deceiving with the threat to go back to the creeks? He is the leader of the avengers who are currently blowing up pipelines so, what else can he do?

Poor jonathan by the way embarassed embarassed embarassed He's now the excuse of everybody that is wanted by the security agencies for corruption or criminal activities. Tompolo, Deziani, Dasuki, Obanikoro, FFK and lots more are all running away from justice just to protect poor Jonathan. This is what you get when a weak and clueless person becomes the president of a big country like Nigeria. Criminals like Tompolo will continue to take advantage of him in and out of office.

93 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari's Administration Wants To Use Me To Arrest Jonathan--tompolo by divinehand2003(m): 4:39pm On Sep 16, 2016
angry[center][/center][center][/center][center][/center][center][/center][center][/center]
Re: Buhari's Administration Wants To Use Me To Arrest Jonathan--tompolo by andresia(m): 4:43pm On Sep 16, 2016
TRADELYN:
I am surprised that all Nigerian security agents have not been able to capture Tompolo. sad
No doubt, some individuals are very powerful like him. tongue

I believe there are rogue military personnel in that cook's pay

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Administration Wants To Use Me To Arrest Jonathan--tompolo by tuniski: 4:51pm On Sep 16, 2016
andresia:

Yes o. Still trying to blackmail the country. Imagine saying he wants his place to be urbanized in the shortest period of time forgetting that for 6yrs they held sway without any development to the region
Leave them with their oil wealth if They Like let them burn it. The north that has held power for longest is the zone developed? Yeye.

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari's Administration Wants To Use Me To Arrest Jonathan--tompolo by TRADELYN: 4:51pm On Sep 16, 2016
andresia:

I believe there are rogue military personnel in that cook's pay
Have you got proof? embarassed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Administration Wants To Use Me To Arrest Jonathan--tompolo by Bujumbura(m): 4:54pm On Sep 16, 2016
Gej is moving from glory to glory

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Administration Wants To Use Me To Arrest Jonathan--tompolo by Bujumbura(m): 4:55pm On Sep 16, 2016
seunmsg:
He [s]should come out of hiding and speak openly. That is when I will take him serious as a law abiding citizen. And who is he deceiving with the threat to go back to the creeks? He is the leader of the avengers who are currently blowing up pipelines so, what else can he do?

Poor jonathan by the way embarassed embarassed embarassed He's now the excuse of everybody that is wanted by the security agencies for corruption or criminal activities. Tompolo, Deziani, Dasuki, Obanikoro, FFK and lots more are all running away from justice just to protect poor Jonathan. This is what you get when a weak and clueless person becomes the president of a big country like Nigeria. Criminals like Tompolo will continue to take advantage of him in and out of offi[/s]ce.
TRASH AS USUAL

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari's Administration Wants To Use Me To Arrest Jonathan--tompolo by Bujumbura(m): 4:56pm On Sep 16, 2016
andresia:

Yes o. Still [s]trying to blackmail the country. Imagine saying he wants his place to be urbanized in the shortest period of time forgetting that for 6yrs they held sway without any development to the re[/s]gion

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari's Administration Wants To Use Me To Arrest Jonathan--tompolo by seunmsg(m): 5:02pm On Sep 16, 2016
Bujumbura:
TRASH AS USUAL

Pained wailer, put more effort in your wailing, 2019 will soon be here.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari's Administration Wants To Use Me To Arrest Jonathan--tompolo by cktheluckyman: 5:12pm On Sep 16, 2016
seunmsg:
[b]He should come out of hiding and speak openly. [/b]That is when I will take him serious as a law abiding citizen. And who is he deceiving with the threat to go back to the creeks? He is the leader of the avengers who are currently blowing up pipelines so, what else can he do?

Poor jonathan by the way embarassed embarassed embarassed He's now the excuse of everybody that is wanted by the security agencies for corruption or criminal activities. Tompolo, Deziani, Dasuki, Obanikoro, FFK and lots more are all running away from justice just to protect poor Jonathan. This is what you get when a weak and clueless person becomes the president of a big country like Nigeria. Criminals like Tompolo will continue to take advantage of him in and out of office.

I thought you have the dullard and Gen Buruntashi aka Dubai mansion how come you are begging him to show up.The dude only shows aup at oil pipelines.If you want to see him go there

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Administration Wants To Use Me To Arrest Jonathan--tompolo by salabscholar01(m): 5:13pm On Sep 16, 2016
There is more to this... Why hiding? What has Jonathan done? from a security point of view, your statement has even implicated Jonathan already.. Just come and clear the ear...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Administration Wants To Use Me To Arrest Jonathan--tompolo by seapson(m): 5:14pm On Sep 16, 2016
kk
Re: Buhari's Administration Wants To Use Me To Arrest Jonathan--tompolo by Dandsome: 5:14pm On Sep 16, 2016
Okay na.

Government using every means possible to distract us. But we no gree.

They will use anything even sweet mouth to get you to implicate your friends.

Ask those who have had encounter with police.

Meanwhile,

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Administration Wants To Use Me To Arrest Jonathan--tompolo by Pavore9: 5:16pm On Sep 16, 2016
"That was why I led the struggle for a better living condition for the people so that, in the shortest possible time, the creek is urbanized so that the people will live like their counterparts in the urban areas,"......A struggle that made you a billionaire! shocked

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Administration Wants To Use Me To Arrest Jonathan--tompolo by cosby02(m): 5:16pm On Sep 16, 2016
Really
Re: Buhari's Administration Wants To Use Me To Arrest Jonathan--tompolo by Kennitrust(m): 5:16pm On Sep 16, 2016
is Buhari afraid of GEJ?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Administration Wants To Use Me To Arrest Jonathan--tompolo by davibid: 5:16pm On Sep 16, 2016
Please can't this just split, I mean let's go our separate ways, north, south, east and west to your tent oh Israel!!!!!

Staying together hasn't helped at all!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Administration Wants To Use Me To Arrest Jonathan--tompolo by massinola(m): 5:17pm On Sep 16, 2016
please my people, who has seen this lady because if something isn't done ASAP, I rest my case

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault / Why Service Chiefs Were At Buhari’s 2019 Next Level Campaign Launch – Presidency / Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.