Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,426 members, 7,808,523 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech (35883 Views)

Mamman Daura Plagiarized Obama's Speech For Buhari - Sahara Reporters / BBC Africa Highlights Buhari's Plagiarising Obama’s Speech - Photo / Buhari Accused Of Plagiarising Obama’s Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by demolinka(m): 7:47am On Sep 17, 2016
You r forgiven, PMB. Go and sin no more.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by dunkem21(m): 7:47am On Sep 17, 2016
muller101:
Luckily for him. He didn't end the copied speech with God bless America.

Ha grin
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by recievesense: 7:47am On Sep 17, 2016
Smh
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by neksummi(m): 7:47am On Sep 17, 2016
National embarrassment! A scapegoat gets punished! Issokay.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by OBAGADAFFI: 7:47am On Sep 17, 2016
Lazy people can't even get proofreaders to properly check the speech, before presenting it to the world.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by justicejay(m): 7:47am On Sep 17, 2016
To those who shouted " even if baba should
present NEPA bill... ", see your lives outside now!
Haaa.
SMH!
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by ibroh22(m): 7:48am On Sep 17, 2016
active and passive speech
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by mejai(m): 7:48am On Sep 17, 2016
haha! na olodo all of dem be. can't dey construct der own speech? we don't need ya apology joor.
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by MrPIE(m): 7:49am On Sep 17, 2016
Common speech, una no fit right... Well done APC
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by amiibaby(f): 7:50am On Sep 17, 2016
U guys are a bunch of illiterate..........
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Paperwhite(m): 7:50am On Sep 17, 2016
So much embarrassment from an illiterate president.Disgracing Nigeria indiscriminately & talking as if his goofing started today. undecided Guess all Buhari's super clueless illiterates like Victor Ikpeba who enthroned him based on the NEPA bill certificate can see how Bubu is exporting their stupidity abroad?

1 Like

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Quenuxa(m): 7:50am On Sep 17, 2016
The apologies are not relevant.
The best thing is to employ qualified personnels to save Us this International Embarrassment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Deenite(m): 7:50am On Sep 17, 2016
I dnt need the apology, if dem like make dem copy malcom X speech, all i want is everything to be back to its former price, if possible cheaper. Still cant believe that when nigeria was corrupt life was easy, now dat corruption is reduced life is hard.

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by DaPuncline: 7:50am On Sep 17, 2016
vincent10:
When the president does not know what referencing means because he has no certificate.
Is he the one that wrote the Speech ?

1 Like

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Quenuxa(m): 7:51am On Sep 17, 2016
An illiterate will forever remain one.
As much as the illiteracy is in d blood.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by ogawisdom(m): 7:52am On Sep 17, 2016
Gini this is National embarrassment and an academic fraud d president shld resign and face d law. Hw can u copy and paste somebody's work without acknowledging him. This goes to show dt the president is surrounded by bunch of clowns dt he calls AIDS abi na aides. Buhari we kw u r a complete illiterate but ur VP is a Prof n SAN for crying out loud

1 Like

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Raziii(m): 7:55am On Sep 17, 2016
this is just a big joke, nothing else to say! but wait oh lemme ask..., mehn I give up. I'm out!!!
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 17, 2016
Lol APC and its default failure. We wonder where their noisy supporters have eloped to.

This administration lacks luck. In Yoruba they call it " Oloriburu " Everything it does goes wrong and can not get a simple things right. It is so unluck nothing has gone right for them since inception of power.

I pity for their remaining loyalist. At this rate the abyss is the obvious bus stop for the APC cohorts and Buharideenists

1 Like

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by omolola15(m): 7:56am On Sep 17, 2016
Kasich:

OMG!!!

Must u keep blaming everyone for your ineptitude

How's this an apology Shifting the blame to an overzealous staff, why couldn't u just proof-read the material yourself or have Garba Shehu himself go through it before going on air

This is irresponsibility, cowardice, and stupidity. There are certain mistakes I am ashamed of making at this young age of mine one of which is shifting blame to others when I could have avoided d whole drama

I'd be ashamed to be Buhari's media aid personally, because the things he makes them do and say atimes makes you question their qualifications and crisis handling capacity

Even if he or sheu proof read the speech. How will he know a quote or paragraph belongs to Obama. Did he listen to the Obama speech back then or know it off hand. His speech writter messed up. Even if you are quoting Obama, let the world know by giving him credit for the quote. I've seen incidents like this before. Most recently trump's wife did the same with Michelle's speech. She also apologized and blamed her speech writter.

So lets say you are Buhari. And your speech writter copy my speech you never knew existed. How do will you avoid the whole drama as you claimed. Even Obama doesn't write all his speeches himself. After it has been written, they bring it to him. He can add or remove from it. But he does not have the time to start cracking brain and writting a whole speech. I'm sure you know this already.

The best thing to do Is apologize.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by goldenceo1: 7:56am On Sep 17, 2016
Let d copy n paste continue..

1 Like

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by KingsleyCEO: 7:58am On Sep 17, 2016
I think we can now see where the change should begin from?

If I catch you saying "change begins with me" the slap you will collect will change your life into Nigeria's economy!

7 Likes

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by rimotee(m): 7:59am On Sep 17, 2016
Apologies nt accepted.dem think say dem smart
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by EmperorLee(m): 8:01am On Sep 17, 2016
Wolf of Wall Street....... That is all I see....
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by anyicash(m): 8:01am On Sep 17, 2016
DaniDani:
the first time to apologize but on an irrelevant thing .why not apologize to zombies for deceiving them and running the economy aground.. well, they are good in misplacing priorities.
You spelt it out Clearly Bro..God bless you.
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Paperwhite(m): 8:02am On Sep 17, 2016
ogawisdom:
Gini this is National embarrassment and an academic fraud d president shld resign and face d law. Hw can u copy and paste somebody's work without acknowledging him. This goes to show dt the president is surrounded by bunch of clowns dt he calls AIDS abi na aides. Buhari we kw u r a complete illiterate but ur VP is a Prof n SAN for crying out loud
Thanks dearie.This is what he should honourable do now but will he? Your guess is as good as mine.
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Leopantro: 8:02am On Sep 17, 2016
to you now see?
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by wolesmile(m): 8:03am On Sep 17, 2016
Do they know the meaning of plagiarism at all? That is not a plagiarized speech.

I stand to be corrected
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by daygee12: 8:03am On Sep 17, 2016
So what is special about that, u can use the English the way you like. The English u ar using now somebody has used it before. I dont think he needs to apologize to anybody.
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by CSTR2: 8:03am On Sep 17, 2016
muller101:
Luckily for him. He didn't end the copied speech with God bless America.
cheesy cheesy
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Paperwhite(m): 8:03am On Sep 17, 2016
KingsleyCEO:
I think we can now see where the change should begin from?

If I catch you saying "change begins with me" the slap you will collect will change your life into Nigeria's economy!
Lolzzz! You must be Goliath bro. shocked grin cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by wolesmile(m): 8:03am On Sep 17, 2016
daygee12:
So what is special about that, u can use the English the way you like. The English u ar using now somebody has used it before. I dont think he needs to apologize to anybody.

You get mouth.... thanks bro

That is not even a plagiarized speech
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by bart10: 8:04am On Sep 17, 2016
This is what naija has degenerated to under Buhari. Presidential speech writers who copy others verbatim. Now how do you expect a presidency that lacks ordinary speech writing skills to solve a complex economic problem like ours. No wonder the economy has gone into recession and may likely hit depression!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yoruba Nation Agitators Are Foolish – Aregbesola / Caption This Photo Of President Buhari And Tinubu / FG Replaces Stamp Duty With N50 Electronic Transfer Levy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.