Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,492 members, 7,781,476 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:07 PM

Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech (35837 Views)

Mamman Daura Plagiarized Obama's Speech For Buhari - Sahara Reporters / BBC Africa Highlights Buhari's Plagiarising Obama’s Speech - Photo / Buhari Accused Of Plagiarising Obama’s Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 17, 2016
APC must be a class of failure beginning with the tyrant rusticaed from school for truancy that gave a prestiogious insitution a scarred repute. Nobody in APC has a certificate i'm sure. Kwankwaso Atiku Buhari Tinubu not one of them Fashola earned the SAN due to big uncle's connections,nobody in APC can get anything done right. First a budget gets missing the entire nation couldnt find it next this ?

So if Buhari was invited to address G-20 he will go and read Obama's speech again to him.

Probably because of his writing definicency he cant write foreign counterparts for help. Cuase last time i checked during the G-7 meeting after he was inaugurated into office he was asked to come with a list of what he needed the entire G-7 countries specified this but Buhari and his team did not take advantage obviously because of their low mental functions and lack of intellectual vision to even know what to write or rather they couldnt get an Obama speeech to plagarize cos he never wrote any upond his own resumption of office.

APC what a conglomerate of shame.
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 17, 2016
goldenceo1:
Let d copy n paste continue..

Guy u no dey chill atall
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Corperadams: 8:05am On Sep 17, 2016
if i may ask. will buhari used this medium to practicalize CHANGEBEGINGWITHME? let him ask to b punish according to his action not apologising. we, Nigerians want to see a perfect leader
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by wolesmile(m): 8:06am On Sep 17, 2016
bart10:
This is what naija has degenerated to under Buhari. Presidential speech writers who copy others verbatim. Now how do you expect a presidency that lacks ordinary speech writing skills to solve a complex economic problem like ours. No wonder the economy has gone into recession and may likely hit depression!

Did you bother to check both speeches? And you call that copying word for word?
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by AZeD1(m): 8:06am On Sep 17, 2016
Kasich:

OMG!!!

Must u keep blaming everyone for your ineptitude

How's this an apology Shifting the blame to an overzealous staff, why couldn't u just proof-read the material yourself or have Garba Shehu himself go through it before going on air

So in your mind, proof reading is a way to detect plagiarism abi?
Are you sure you know what plagiarism is?
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by wolesmile(m): 8:07am On Sep 17, 2016
Corperadams:
if i may ask. will buhari used this medium to practicalize CHANGEBEGINGWITHME?
let him ask to b punish according to his action not apologising.
we, Nigerians want to see a perfect leader

Receive sense bro
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by claremont(m): 8:09am On Sep 17, 2016
Oblang:

Is plagiarism a grammatical error that proof reading will make u detect? Do u expect them to know all Obama's speeches offhand. The only person that could have known it was plagiarized is someone that knows abt that particular Obama's speech....

The person you quoted is barely-lettered and doesn't even know what plagiarism means. Academics use sophisticated software to identify plagiarised content, that dude expects Buhari to have a mental record of all Obama's speeches.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Paperwhite(m): 8:09am On Sep 17, 2016
omolola15:

Even if he or sheu proof read the speech. How will he know a quote or paragraph belongs to Obama. Did he listen to the Obama speech back then or know it off hand. His speech writter messed up. Even if you are quoting Obama, let the world know by giving him credit for the quote. I've seen incidents like this before. Most recently trump's wife did the same with Michelle's speech. She also apologized and blamed her speech writter.

So lets say you are Buhari. And your speech writter copy my speech you never knew existed. How do will you avoid the whole drama as you claimed. Even Obama doesn't write all his speeches himself. After it has been written, they bring it to him. He can add or remove from it. But he does not have the time to start cracking brain and writting a whole speech. I'm sure you know this already.

The best thing to do Is apologize.
Go & plagiarize someone project/ PhD thesis & present it as you own without acknowledging the source & be caught.Then come back here to tell us your story.If education is too expensive then try ignorance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by DonCortino: 8:10am On Sep 17, 2016
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

When will Jonathan apologize for brazen corruption under his corruptarian regime?
Wetin concern jona for this copy copy mata agian kwa? Na wha for some pipu o! Hia!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by bensine: 8:10am On Sep 17, 2016
please where is oyegun? APC IS A JOKE!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by mangojuice(m): 8:11am On Sep 17, 2016
Same way these silly incompetent liars plagiarize and steal GEJ's achievements

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Paperwhite(m): 8:12am On Sep 17, 2016
wolesmile:

Receive sense bro
Rather you're the one in dire need of the sense.So go get it fast.
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by wolesmile(m): 8:12am On Sep 17, 2016
ogawisdom:
Gini this is National embarrassment and an academic fraud d president shld resign and face d law. Hw can u copy and paste somebody's work without acknowledging him. This goes to show dt the president is surrounded by bunch of clowns dt he calls AIDS abi na aides. Buhari we kw u r a complete illiterate but ur VP is a Prof n SAN for crying out loud

Did even go to school school at all. Do you know what plagiarism means? Check both speeches and tell me that is a plagiarized speech. Then you can go ahead and call for your President's prosecution. Educated illiterate.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by mangojuice(m): 8:13am On Sep 17, 2016
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

When will Jonathan apologize for brazen corruption under his corruptarian regime?
Zombie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Paperwhite(m): 8:13am On Sep 17, 2016
DonCortino:

Wetin concern jona for this copy copy mata agian kwa? Na wha for some pipu o! Hia!
being a stark illiterate more than Buhari he is just lost on what to say.Pls forgive him.
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by pepigeorge(m): 8:13am On Sep 17, 2016
“PMB has ordered that prompt & appropriate disciplinary action be taken against those responsible for a wrongful insertion in his speech delivered on September 8, 2016 at the launch of the “Change Begins with Me’’ campaign.”

So dis dullard dog name buhari can't even write his own speech. ....

This happens wen a bigot dullard president. ... employs a dullard duara man to write speech 4 him...

Dullard + dullard = copy copy/ plagiarism
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by xelly: 8:14am On Sep 17, 2016
gbollybakare:

http://thenigeriafocus.com/2016/09/16/flash-fg-apologises-to-nigerians-for-the-plagiarism-in-the-presidential-speech/

https://mobile.twitter.com/GarShehu/status/776869544061181953

Meaning if the over zealous staff had written for his resignation, he would have read it verbatim. Does it mean Buhari just wanted to speak to Nigerians and not launch a campaign?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by SeanDada1(m): 8:14am On Sep 17, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 17, 2016
PMB has never had anything original aside his trademark blame game.
why should I lose sleep over a leader who messes everything he touches up lifting some lines off Obama's speech?
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Leopantro: 8:14am On Sep 17, 2016
wolesmile:
Do they know the meaning of plagiarism at all? That is not a plagiarized speech.

I stand to be corrected

BBC Africa has carried the news
the person that read the speech said it was plagiarized and apologized for it. you still carry the case for head.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by 36STATES: 8:16am On Sep 17, 2016
claremont:

The person you quoted is barely-lettered and doesn't even know what plagiarism means. Academics use sophisticated software to identify plagiarised content, that dude expects Buhari to have a mental record of all Obama's speeches.

Turnitin is available for everyone to check plagiarism online.
The Dullard most have told his speech writers he wanted to sound like Obama.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by SMEpromote: 8:16am On Sep 17, 2016
If you call this press release an apology then you need to go look up the meaning of "Apology" in a dictionary.

The president and his subjects feel too proud to take correction in the face of obvious missteps, let alone apologise for their mistakes.

That you regret doing something is not the same thing as apologising for it.
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 17, 2016
These Dumbskulls got nothing to offer!
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by segepol10(m): 8:18am On Sep 17, 2016
The writer did not even acknowledge both the primary and secondary producer of the speech. This is an intellectual theft. Its a shame that this kind of thing is coming from the part of the presidency upon all the proffessors we have in this country. So u wan tell us dat upon all the intimadating CV wey fayemi get him no fit construct a good write-up for the president.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by IamPatriotic(m): 8:18am On Sep 17, 2016
Kasich:

OMG!!!

Must u keep blaming everyone for your ineptitude

How's this an apology Shifting the blame to an overzealous staff, why couldn't u just proof-read the material yourself or have Garba Shehu himself go through it before going on air

This is irresponsibility, cowardice, and stupidity. There are certain mistakes I am ashamed of making at this young age of mine one of which is shifting blame to others when I could have avoided d whole drama

I'd be ashamed to be Buhari's media aid personally, because the things he makes them do and say atimes makes you question their qualifications and crisis handling capacity

In your mind now, you've written a beautiful piece right? clap for yourself, mumu, if the president would have to do everything for himself, why then does he needs aids?
apology accepted jor and if you don't you won't accept his apology, you can go and tell Obama to come sue our president.
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by ikemesit4477: 8:18am On Sep 17, 2016
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Lanretoye(m): 8:19am On Sep 17, 2016
and they will blame those kids for carrying expo.
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Kdon2: 8:19am On Sep 17, 2016
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by deeway200(m): 8:21am On Sep 17, 2016
No wonder ' change' is not working . it was a stolen concept too[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by omolola15(m): 8:23am On Sep 17, 2016
Paperwhite:
Go & plagiarize someone project/ PhD thesis & present it as you own without acknowledging the source & be caught.Then come back here to tell us your story.If education is too expensive then try ignorance.

And you didn't see the place I said Obama should be acknowledged abi. Read it again please. But this time very very slow so you can grab it very well. I don't understand how you can read my comment and still say what you just said.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by holluphemydavid(m): 8:24am On Sep 17, 2016
I dnt blame him (Buhari) cos he has no any formal education, I only blame those who voted for him and now regretting their actions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Works Out At The Gym (Photos) / Sex Scandal Rocks Owerri Prison / Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.