Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,374 members, 7,800,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Escaping US Alimony By Moving To Naija - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Escaping US Alimony By Moving To Naija (1935 Views)

Gender Equality: More Women Paying Child Support, alimony to their ex spouses / The Evil Machination Called Alimony . A Response To Should Alimony Be Considered / Horror: Nigerian Men Go Rampage In Us, Kill Wives Over Divorce, Alimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Escaping US Alimony By Moving To Naija by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 16, 2016
It's no mystery that family law in the west is utterly messed up and against men.
It essentially makes the man a financial slave to the woman for the rest of his life in the event of a divorce (alimony, support, etc).
Whether or not that woman is making her own money or has a child for him, she'll keep getting his money.
Whether that man is making money or not, he'll keep paying it, or he will go to prison and his "debt" will be accruing while he is in prison, because last-last, he must pay. grin

These females have been given way too much judicial power out in these streets, yet they wonder why the men here are no longer interested in getting married.

If the guy na original naija guy, can he essentially escape this wickedness by simply tearing his bloody green-card/blue-passport and moving to Naija? (Where men are at least still treated like human beings)

1 Like

Re: Escaping US Alimony By Moving To Naija by Nobody: 11:56pm On Sep 16, 2016
Re: Escaping US Alimony By Moving To Naija by NEROSKY(m): 1:24am On Sep 17, 2016
lol, That reminds me what Jake mom always do to his dad in "Two And Half Men" wif this Alimony thingy

1 Like

Re: Escaping US Alimony By Moving To Naija by Nobody: 6:25am On Sep 17, 2016
NEROSKY:
lol, That reminds me what Jake mom always do to his dad in "Two And Half Men" wif this Alimony thingy

As in....Woman go just wake up one morning say she doesn't want the guy anymore but still wants his money, nd the government will back her and fully support her.

When you make a society of black widow spiders, you have only yourself to blame when that society eventually dies off because the males no longer want to play that game.

1 Like

Re: Escaping US Alimony By Moving To Naija by Nobody: 6:37am On Sep 17, 2016
Don't get married then, problem solved. If you're a bachelor either shun sex completely or take extra precaution to ensure women don't poke holes in your condoms.
Re: Escaping US Alimony By Moving To Naija by emilyone(f): 8:10am On Sep 17, 2016
charix:
Don't get married then, problem solved. If you're a bachelor either shun sex completely or take extra precaution to ensure women don't poke holes in your condoms.
They must get married to their women if for anything but the green card.
Re: Escaping US Alimony By Moving To Naija by Bibitayo2: 8:26am On Sep 17, 2016
Although, this alimony thingy is a bit unfair to men.

But coming back to Nigeria and running away from your responsibility as the father of your kids....that is not the best option.

2 Likes

Re: Escaping US Alimony By Moving To Naija by Giddyperson: 9:22am On Sep 17, 2016
ebonflex:

If the guy na original naija guy, can he essentially escape this wickedness by simply tearing his bloody green-card/blue-passport and moving to Naija? (Where men are at least still treated like human beings)

Naija where men are treated as human beings And women are treated like animals. Nigeria is still developing sha, soon we would have strong laws to protect the woman just like in the US, and there shall be nowhere left for a wicked man to run to except hell where they belong.

In those days y'all would think twice before cheating or hitting your wives or all the other stupid things you do that lead to divorce.

12 Likes

Re: Escaping US Alimony By Moving To Naija by Ishilove: 9:15pm On Sep 17, 2016
Na this kain thing HungerBad fit do.
Re: Escaping US Alimony By Moving To Naija by HungerBAD: 9:50pm On Sep 17, 2016
Ishilove:
Na this kain thing HungerBad fit do.

Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Escaping US Alimony By Moving To Naija by Nobody: 4:07am On Sep 18, 2016
Giddyperson:

Naija where men are treated as human beings And women are treated like animals. Nigeria is still developing sha, soon we would have strong laws to protect the woman just like in the US, and there shall be nowhere left for a wicked man to run to except hell where they belong.

In those days y'all would think twice before cheating or hitting your wives or all the other stupid things you do that lead to divorce.

You don't know what you are saying.
For the sake of your children, Nigeria will never become a place where a coded runs girl can marry your son today, divorce him the next month for absolutely no reason (i.e. no-fault divorce), take his home/car/etc...and then force him to legally pay her 60% -70%% of his earnings for the rest of his life till death.

Typical Nigerian thinking is that "everything US does is good". You know nothing.
Men here in yankee are getting wiser and a lot of them are simply refusing to play the game anymore. The foolishness of a lot of women in the US have brought about an entire generation of men who just refuse to marry ever. Much to the dismay of the women, because then they have no power to work with. No foothold for extended manipulation.

They won't feel it now because all this feminazi bullshit is still relatively new, but they will feel it a few years from now in the next generation when there are more old people than young people.

You even see cases here whereby THE WOMAN CHEATS, but it doesn't stop her from clearing the guy out and keeping him as her financial slave for life, paying for the house his ex-wife is busy humping other men in while he is so broke he is living in the equivalent of a boys quarters somewhere and barely affording to eat.

You better think before you speak before you invite the evils of this land to your sons over there.

6 Likes

Re: Escaping US Alimony By Moving To Naija by cococandy(f): 5:13am On Sep 18, 2016
Stop spreading lies. Jeez!

Been reading you jumping from one lie to the other and one exaggeration to the other on this thread. Do you even have the fear of god?

Lienus.
ebonflex:

For the sake of your children, Nigeria will never become a place where a coded runs girl can marry your son today, divorce him the next month for absolutely no reason (i.e. no-fault divorce), take his home/car/etc...and then force him to legally pay her 60% -70%% of his earnings for the rest of his life till death.

Typical Nigerian thinking is that "everything US does is good". You know nothing.
Men here in yankee are getting wiser and a lot of them are simply refusing to play the game anymore. The foolishness of a lot of women in the US have brought about an entire generation of men who just refuse to marry ever. Much to the dismay of the women, because then they have no power to work with. No foothold for extended manipulation.

They won't feel it now because all this feminazi bullshit is still relatively new, but they will feel it a few years from now in the next generation when there are more old people than young people.

You even see cases here whereby THE WOMAN CHEATS, but it doesn't stop her from clearing the guy out and keeping him as her financial slave for life, paying for the house his ex-wife is busy humping other men in while he is so broke he is living in the equivalent of a boys quarters somewhere and barely affording to eat.

You better think before you speak before you invite the evils of this land to your sons over there.

4 Likes

Re: Escaping US Alimony By Moving To Naija by eyinjuege: 7:04am On Sep 18, 2016
It's not by force to marry.
If you do marry, have a prenuptial.
If you do marry, ensure your wife works, and be both ready to employ child minders.
You cannot ask your spouse to give up her career and means of livelihood, and after some years when she's obviously way out of the job market, has lost skills in the work place, and probably put her education on hold to raise your children because child minders are expensive, suddenly be thrown out with no support.
I believe the law should protect all and practice equality, but more importantly, equity.
I read a story recently on front page when a young man was asking if his 18year old sister should be allowed to marry a man who likes her because she's fair. This lady is still in ss3. He had come 2years earlier when she was in 16years in ss1. The parents of the girl can still support her to further her studies, but the man is persistent and says he will still send her to school. If per adventure he doesn't, she gets pregnant and starts raising their children. After 15 to 20years with no skills, they get divorced for whatever reason would you see it as unfair if she gets spousal support from him? Is it unfair he pays child support for his underage children, depending on who has custody?
If men can allow their women to be independent, and not let them be saddled with child minding and taking care of the home, these same women can make a headway in their lives financial wise. In the advent of a divorce, the man may even be able to get away with receiving alimony and even child support.
Yes, some men do receive alimony, though few. We have some stay at home dads these days.
If both partners can agree on how to both raise their children i.e who stays with the child, and when; who takes care of the house chores and when; who pays what bills and when, and both are financially stable, I doubt if all this alimony thing would favour women alone. Of course child support is a must for both parents.
Once as a man you ask your wife to give up her job, so she can stay at home with the children because you cannot cut down your hours at work to look after the children and the home, then don't be surprised if you are asked to pay alimony.

Each case and circumstance is different and would be treated differently by the family courts.

The law should be all about equity and fairness to all, whether man or woman.

That's my belief anyway.

8 Likes

Re: Escaping US Alimony By Moving To Naija by KevinDein: 8:47am On Sep 18, 2016
ebonflex:

wanna know why the western society not sympathetic to vulnerable men?

Because downed men do not compete for females very well. Men sell out so they can get to be "real" men.

Also, Male politicians today are aware that women make up the majority of the vote and also that younger women are more likely to be swinging voters. Male politicians understand this from their focus groups and research that modern women sense they can have it all. So male politicians have adopted the stereotype that men are really animals (except enlightened male politicians of course) and therefore justify making policies that are never sympathetic to men's needs and human rights.
Re: Escaping US Alimony By Moving To Naija by EfemenaXY: 8:58am On Sep 18, 2016
Giddyperson:

Well said.

4 Likes

Re: Escaping US Alimony By Moving To Naija by drmikeadams(m): 10:15am On Sep 18, 2016
Giddyperson:

,,gbam

1 Like

Re: Escaping US Alimony By Moving To Naija by cococandy(f): 1:58pm On Sep 18, 2016
But that's only sensible. They come to nairaland to paint a picture that doesn't exist. Only fools believe them anyway.
Lies like you can get married today, divorce next month and be expected to pay alimony.

eyinjuege:
It's not by force to marry.
If you do marry, have a prenuptial.
If you do marry, ensure your wife works, and be both ready to employ child minders.
You cannot ask your spouse to give up her career and means of livelihood, and after some years when she's obviously way out of the job market, has lost skills in the work place, and probably put her education on hold to raise your children because child minders are expensive, suddenly be thrown out with no support.
I believe the law should protect all and practice equality, but more importantly, equity.
I read a story recently on front page when a young man was asking if his 18year old sister should be allowed to marry a man who likes her because she's fair. This lady is still in ss3. He had come 2years earlier when she was in 16years in ss1. The parents of the girl can still support her to further her studies, but the man is persistent and says he will still send her to school. If per adventure he doesn't, she gets pregnant and starts raising their children. After 15 to 20years with no skills, they get divorced for whatever reason would you see it as unfair if she gets spousal support from him? Is it unfair he pays child support for his underage children, depending on who has custody?
If men can allow their women to be independent, and not let them be saddled with child minding and taking care of the home, these same women can make a headway in their lives financial wise. In the advent of a divorce, the man may even be able to get away with receiving alimony and even child support.
Yes, some men do receive alimony, though few. We have some stay at home dads these days.
If both partners can agree on how to both raise their children i.e who stays with the child, and when; who takes care of the house chores and when; who pays what bills and when, and both are financially stable, I doubt if all this alimony thing would favour women alone. Of course child support is a must for both parents.
Once as a man you ask your wife to give up her job, so she can stay at home with the children because you cannot cut down your hours at work to look after the children and the home, then don't be surprised if you are asked to pay alimony.

Each case and circumstance is different and would be treated differently by the family courts.

The law should be all about equity and fairness to all, whether man or woman.

That's my belief anyway.

3 Likes

Re: Escaping US Alimony By Moving To Naija by eyinjuege: 3:02pm On Sep 18, 2016
cococandy:
But that's only sensible. They come to nairaland to paint a picture that doesn't exist. Only fools believe them anyway.
Lies like you can get married today, divorce next month and be expected to pay alimony.

Many people believe dem say, dem say easily without even thinking deeply about issues.
I've learnt to just take what people tell me at face value. Because someone narrates a tale to me doesn't make it true.
What most don't understand about divorce cases is that it doesn't always work out the same for everyone, because circumstances always differ. You can have 2 married men with similar earning power, same no of kids going through a divorce with same judge, but the outcome will always differ.
Even though some women do try to abuse the legal system, but there are checks and balances in the same system to protect everyone including the men. Such women are usually found out
Re: Escaping US Alimony By Moving To Naija by cococandy(f): 6:45pm On Sep 18, 2016
Nairaland is the court of misinformation. I know at least two women that pay child support to their husbands. If we believe everything the alarmists on this forum say then it would mean that every woman ever regardless of the circumstances of the divorce get paid by the man. Tssk

eyinjuege:

Many people believe dem say, dem say easily without even thinking deeply about issues.
I've learnt to just take what people tell me at face value. Because someone narrates a tale to me doesn't make it true.
What most don't understand about divorce cases is that it doesn't always work out the same for everyone, because circumstances always differ. You can have 2 married men with similar earning power, same no of kids going through a divorce with same judge, but the outcome will always differ.
Even though some women do try to abuse the legal system, but there are checks and balances in the same system to protect everyone including the men. Such women are usually found out

2 Likes

Re: Escaping US Alimony By Moving To Naija by freshvine(f): 6:52pm On Sep 18, 2016
cococandy:
Nairaland is the court of misinformation. I know at least two women that pay child support to their husbands. If we believe everything the alarmists on this forum say then it would mean that every woman ever regardless of the circumstances of the divorce get paid by the man. Tssk

The rate of murder cases involving Nigeria spouses over there inform people's opinion.

Nigerian men are ever ready to kill their spouse for revenge cos the western concept has not properly ingrained in them so when the violence is reported in the media, people form opinions

1 Like

Re: Escaping US Alimony By Moving To Naija by Nobody: 1:47am On Sep 19, 2016
cococandy:
Stop spreading lies. Jeez!

Been reading you jumping from one lie to the other and one exaggeration to the other on this thread. Do you even have the fear of god?

Lienus.

Are you not funny? I am a liar abi?
You are such a typical woman. Arguing pointlessly in the presence of easily gathered facts.
Read this, it is what I posted right from the beginning of this thread.
https://lawdiva./2012/12/17/ill-just-leave-the-country-and-pay-nothing/

Besides the fact that she got the expensive house and all these other things, he has to pay this woman a total of over 70% of what he earns every month. To now be left with what Because he can't live in the house with her.

Why will he not run?! Is that justice to you? angry
And like he said, he has no issues if all that money went to his children, but he is just not interested in the woman getting any MORE of his money, and I agree with him! the issue is most women are financially stupid. Instead of "scaling life down", moving somewhere cheaper etc, and using that money from the sale of these assets worth over 1 million dollar on productive things, they just sit down there and expect everything to be the same after you divorce a man...because they feel they have government to hold over him.

There are men out here in the west in stupid marriages where the woman is always threatening him with divorce so he will do things her way, otherwise she will make him virtually homeless. In the event of divorce BOTH SIDES need to feel the crunch, not just one. That way no one can take undue advantage of the other. There are other places in the world and men are getting wise to this.

Women just think they are the only ones who are victims in EVERYTHING, because as someone said, men don't complain and bare the world up in strength and silence...until they reach their tipping point as will shortly happen in the west.

If you want to argue with me again about anything, be sure to present facts.
I don't have time for these emotional "I-must-say-something-too" arguments.

2 Likes

Re: Escaping US Alimony By Moving To Naija by KanwuliaExtra: 3:42am On Sep 19, 2016
So who is stopping them? undecided
When the Nigerian men were diving in and out, you dey dia? undecided
Just remember that those children you abandoned now will abandon you in your old age!

Karma is sweet! kiss

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Bossy Neighbour / Where Can I Do Money Ritual! Please Help / Neatly Used Iphone 11 With Original Pack Available @ 250k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.