Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,122 members, 7,807,397 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Nothing Like Love By Blair - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nothing Like Love By Blair (35470 Views)

No More Room For Love- By Loudest Thoughts / Hidden Desire By Blair / I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nothing Like Love By Blair by blair01(f): 4:59am On Sep 23, 2016
Thanks @rex1 and Daveed....I will drop one because of Daveed
Re: Nothing Like Love By Blair by Daeveed(m): 6:41am On Sep 23, 2016
blair01:
Thanks @rex1 and Daveed....I will drop one because of Daveed
Yea Thanks!!
Re: Nothing Like Love By Blair by Shakyroh320(f): 8:29am On Sep 23, 2016
tankx for the update,following wholeheartedly
Re: Nothing Like Love By Blair by SmartestPopQUEEN(f): 9:27am On Sep 23, 2016
Rex1:
Hmm! nice work. B4 I forget, Miss SmartestPopqueen, repogirl, slimsue, babtuna1. u all are highly invited to come check this piece out.
thanks for the mention dear.,. Am following
Re: Nothing Like Love By Blair by Gracemoimoi(f): 1:31pm On Sep 23, 2016
Blair, what an interesting sorry, thumbs up. More updates please..... Thank God it's Friday
Re: Nothing Like Love By Blair by blair01(f): 5:44pm On Sep 23, 2016
Thanks GraceMoimoi...
Re: Nothing Like Love By Blair by blair01(f): 8:01pm On Sep 23, 2016
Jonas looked at his wife in frustration,how could someone be so obsessed with a movie to the extent of crying with the characters. This particular one seemed to be her favourite”marima”.She was watching it for the third time today yet she still cried for every scene.
Dear why are you staring at me?Angela asked her husband when their eyes had met
Angel you can’t blame me,you’v been giving all your attention to the movie and am getting jelouse here.
Ha ha..honey 2more hours I will be done.
A whole 2? no way.He took the remote control from the table in an attempt to put it the tv off,Angela struggled with him..jonas took his heels as Angela ran after him.
Honey are you okay? jo asked concerned when Angela squated on one spot.
No hon..pooo..,she vomited everything she had eaten earlier on the tiles. Jo led her to their bedroom after he had cleaned up the mess.
Baby I think you should see the doctor.
No dear,it nothing to worry about
How can you say that? you’v been throwing up all day?
I know but it not what you are thinking,I don’t want to get disappointed.
Baby,where is your faith?let give it a try .
Remember our first year in marriage,this happened and it all resulted to our hopes dashed.just for that doc to say it was only typoid.
Angel this is our fifth year,it just a test.We may be positive or not let just do it.
I won’t honey,that’s final.
Jonas left the room for the guest room obviously pissed,for crying out loud why is she faithless? she doesn’t even remember they serve a God of impossibilities. Angela was just too stubborn but he loves her even in her stubbornness,he just hope she have a rethink of the whole issue.
Tiana smiled happily as she drove into the duplex, Angel had invited her over.She hoped she was right, through Angela’s explanation she believed it was nothing but pregnancy. The jo’s had suffered enough,she had been their family doctor for the past five years and she carried their burden like hers. She hoped the song will be different from
“there’s nothing wrong with both of you this time”.
Welcome doc,am very sorry for disturbing you.
You look lean dear,I suspect it must be pregnancy,let’s get started i came with a pregnancy kit.
Am so nervous she said..
come on dear... go on and try
So dear,how was it?
I…m po..she broke into tears.
I told you so,she went closer to her and hugged her.
But doc,can we go the hospital I really want to be sure.
it okay if that’s what you want.
Okay,she cleaned her tears,and headed for her bedroom.
let me change my outfit please.
here is the result,she said and handed it to Angela.
Angela took the result with trembling hands,she didn’t know what to do if this resuilt differs from the one they had earlier at home.
Come on dear,open it.Doc Tiana smiled encouragingly at her.
Angela took a deep breath as she pulled the result from the envelope.
What does it say dear?
Without answering her she went on her knees and started crying.
It okay,stop crying God is great. She patted Angela’s back trying to conceal her own tears.
Somehow Angela found herself in her house,she drove home happily after the whole incident at the hospital. But her husband wasn’t picking her calls,he was still mad at her for the event of the previous night. She didn’t even know when he left for work.No,she can’t wait anymore,she was going to meet him at the office. She picked up her keys hurriedly and left the house.30 minutes later she arrived at the office,she managed to reply few greatings as all her mind was on her husband.
Honey
Jonas was suprised,he couldn’t remember the last time Angel jad visited him at the office.Maybe she wanted to make up for hurting him.
What’s it? he asked without looking up from the system he was working on.
Honey am pregnant.
Jonas jumped up from his seat immediately.
Baby did I hear you right?
Yes love,am pregnant.
He carried her up,planting numerous kisses on her face.
So we are pregnant,he didn’t even realise he was shedding tears too.They went on their knees as they sang happily to God…

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing Like Love By Blair by Gracemoimoi(f): 9:07pm On Sep 23, 2016
wow , I feel like shedding tears of joy with the couple...nice one

3 Likes

Re: Nothing Like Love By Blair by blair01(f): 11:03pm On Sep 23, 2016
Jonas looked at his wife in frustration,how could someone be so obsessed with a movie to the extent of crying with the characters. This particular one seemed to be her favourite”marima”.She was watching it for the third time today yet she still cried for every scene.
Dear why are you staring at me?Angela asked her husband when their eyes had met
Angel you can’t blame me,you’v been giving all your attention to the movie and am getting jelouse here.
Ha ha..honey 2more hours I will be done.
A whole 2? no way.He took the remote control from the table in an attempt to put it the tv off,Angela struggled with him..jonas took his heels as Angela ran after him.
Honey are you okay? jo asked concerned when Angela squated on one spot.
No hon..pooo..,she vomited everything she had eaten earlier on the tiles. Jo led her to their bedroom after he had cleaned up the mess.
Baby I think you should see the doctor.
No dear,it nothing to worry about
How can you say that? you’v been throwing up all day?
I know but it not what you are thinking,I don’t want to get disappointed.
Baby,where is your faith?let give it a try .
Remember our first year in marriage,this happened and it all resulted to our hopes dashed.just for that doc to say it was only typoid.
Angel this is our fifth year,it just a test.We may be positive or not let just do it.
I won’t honey,that’s final.
Jonas left the room for the guest room obviously pissed,for crying out loud why is she faithless? she doesn’t even remember they serve a God of impossibilities. Angela was just too stubborn but he loves her even in her stubbornness,he just hope she have a rethink of the whole issue.
Tiana smiled happily as she drove into the duplex, Angel had invited her over.She hoped she was right, through Angela’s explanation she believed it was nothing but pregnancy. The jo’s had suffered enough,she had been their family doctor for the past five years and she carried their burden like hers. She hoped the song will be different from
“there’s nothing wrong with both of you this time”.
Welcome doc,am very sorry for disturbing you.
You look lean dear,I suspect it must be pregnancy,let’s get started i came with a pregnancy kit.
How do I use it? she pointed to the kit when Tiana had given her.
Tiana explained to her, and she came back few minutes later.
So dear,how was it?
I…m po..she broke into tears.
I told you so,she went closer to her and hugged her.
But doc,can we go the hospital I really want to be sure.
it okay if that’s what you want.
Okay,she cleaned her tears,and headed for her bedroom.
let me change my outfit please.
Re: Nothing Like Love By Blair by RoastedCorn(m): 11:35pm On Sep 23, 2016
following
Re: Nothing Like Love By Blair by blair01(f): 10:15am On Sep 24, 2016
What did I hear you say? preye come back here
But it’s the truth mum,how long are we going to stay at home, Ahmed told me the exams are starting next week.So am not registering for my junior waec?
Preye you better watch your tongue,I will not kill myself for money I don’t have.I told you our inlaws are coming today,I know they will drop something eh,I promise to register you before next week.
Mum,are you sure? besides is sister Tare aware of the plans?
Will you get out of here and get yourself busy,see how your mouth is running like tap as if it is your business.
Edna bit her lower lip in confusion,was she doing the right thing? planning a marriage for her daughter in this generation. This isn’t what she wanted but she is tired of this kind of life.Her mind drifted back to her youthful days how it all happened.
Edna was a beauty to behold, she was heels inlove with Tano her boyfriend popurlarly called his father’s name Ayiba-emi.Their love story was the talk of campus.They were refeered to as “love paddy” because they were never found without the other.But it all changed when Edna was forced to marry Isaih.At that time he was wealthy,she pleaded with her mother to give her a chance to be with the one she loved,she believed Tano would eventually get rich one day because he was very hard working but her pleas were turned off.It was a heart breaking moment for the lovers as they tried to split, all their dreams of spending their life together were tarnished.Funny enough they had planned to name their first child” Tare”.Isaih had to live bayelsa state to nassarawa state to avoid Ayiba-emi’s constant wailing of “bring back my girlfriend”.
She cleaned her eyes with the end of wrapper as she remembered those painful memories.
I hope Tare forgives me,am doing this for things to get better unlike my parents that did it for selfishness she muttered admist tears.
Richard searched through the libary looking for a suitable place to seat,after his encounter with his father he had decided to give it a try with business admin.He found an empty seat which was at the extreme end,he sat down quietly and brought out his p.c.
Where am I going to start from?jeez this bad,maybe I would have taken mum’s advice. He really needed a tutor.
He looked at the girl who sat at his front,she must be a book warm he thought. So engrossed with what she was writing.He made up his mind to ask for her help .Meanwhile he decided to while away time by making a sketch on his book
Tare checked her time as she yawned for the third time,she was dizzy already. She packed her books into her handbag and made her way out of the library. She walked for sometime before she stopped when she heard a musculine voice.
Excuse me please.
She stood still not ready to turn,she hated people from her department after her first day she decided to avoid their path expecially the wealthy ones.
Hey please can I talk to you for a minute.
Tare turned her face towards him.
what do you want?
Richard was lost for sometime,he couldn’t believe it. The same person he had been dreaming about for weeks! the girl he drawn and prayed to see again was standing beside him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing Like Love By Blair by blair01(f): 10:21am On Sep 24, 2016
Tare held her breath as Richard did all the talking,she didn’t know the guy was this handsome.She wouldn’t have shouted too much on him the other day,but he deserved it.She felt God had special likeness for some people if not why would someone be this cute and some very ugly! she pinched herself to stop stealing glances at him.
So what do you say?
Wha…I mean what she stammered. The cutie didn’t know she had been lost staring at him.
I said I need your help with my studies,you see I haven’t really been following with school activities.
Why did you think I can be of help?
The way you were so focused earlier I was lost staring at you,I believe you can be of help.please I will pay you well.
That got Tare very angry, so he feels money is everything. This is what she hated about the rich spoilt kids,they always put their money first.
So you feel am some girl looking for money right? and you have the guts to flirt with me,Mr man I don’t need anything from you.
Richard was shocked to some extent, he had to explain what he really meant.It wasn’t as if he was bragging he had money,he believed in working for himself. The girl was so smart,how did she figure out he was flirting with her.He just couldn’t help it, everything about her entices him.
please that not what I meant by that,I.mean…
save it,Tare cuts him short.
I don’t need any explanation from you,she said and walked away quickly before Richard could catch up with her.
Richard opened the door in suprise,looking at his clock before glancing at the lady in front of him.
Mitchell looking ravishing in a black bum short and a blue sleevleess top.
Bae did you check the time before leaving your house?I mean it big time late.
Boo I did, I called earlier but you didn’t pick. I mean what happening? where is the love we once shared.
Richard almost laughed at the sound of that,what love is she talking about. She’s even the biggest mistakes he had ever made.
Bae am sorry, I was in the library.
Lib….did I hear you right?she laughed sarcastically.
Richard wasn’t in the mood for all her talks,she had come just in time. It wouldn’t be bad if she warmed his bed for the night.He smiled at his thought and decided to act sweet.
He held her by her arm and their lips locked in a passionate kiss.Richard started undressing her without wasting time but their fun was cut short. Chell’s phone had starting ringing,they had ignored it for the first time but when it rang again,she decided to check who was calling.
Doc mark.
oh no,she couldn’t ignore this particular call.after talking to the caller for few minutes she turned to Richard in a sorry tune.
Am sorry, I have to go now it’s urgent. She went over his mirror and arranged her weavon.
What’s wrong? he asked though pissed.
I have to go now bye.
Atleast let me drive you it late,he needed to do that it was very late and jos isnt a secure place.
No thanks.
Richard knew something was definitely amiss, On a normal day Chel would have begged him into driving her home. But wasn’t it strange? whenever they wanted getting down there’s always a distraction.He was getting scared,was it some sort of force or a trick chel is playing? No that can’t be the girl didn’t look like a virgin and besides his touch melted her,he ought to be more careful with her.
Mum,you’v got to accept Ray is gone.
Mitchell his not,I left him at the park to get you two snacks remember? why did you let your little brother live your sight?
Mum,please forget that already am here for you and will never leave you please mum forget Ray.
No his my last baby,my baby needs me…She broke into tears
Mother,why are you doing this to me? why can’t you accept loss like every normal human being. I need you mum,why is you and dad making me feel like an orphan.She broke into tears.
But it all your fault, you didn’t look after him. it all your fault she said wailing like a child.
Mitchell cried as she remembered the event, she was five and her kid brother was 3.Their mum had taken them to a park .Along the line,she left them to get snacks.There was an explosion and everything went dismay.They never saw Ray again,and her mother’s life was never thesame again. She became mentally unstable ever since then.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing Like Love By Blair by Daeveed(m): 11:07am On Sep 24, 2016
Buh...Why Is Mitch Keepin Her Mom's Problem Secret?
Re: Nothing Like Love By Blair by Missmossy(f): 1:05pm On Sep 24, 2016
Interesting piece, Whats wrong with Mitch i guess she is hiding a lot already. Tare has a lot in stock for her she doesn't know. So Richard 's father is Tare biological father, hmmm such a small world cheesy

Ride on blair01,more wisdom to you.

3 Likes

Re: Nothing Like Love By Blair by blair01(f): 2:11pm On Sep 24, 2016
Thank you missmossy....and Daveed keep following to find out
Re: Nothing Like Love By Blair by blair01(f): 12:42pm On Sep 25, 2016
Mitchell locked her car as she headed for her flat,she was more than exhausted.Anyone could tell from her look,Spending the night with her mum wasn’t an easy one.She didn’t even get a little sleep,happy she was home again. All she wanted was a warm bath and sleep.
She had knocked twice with no reponse,she tucked her hands in her clutch to search for her keys.Vanessa could be a terrible one with sleep,she always slept like a log of wood and no amount of noise could wake her up.
No,this can’t be,what’s going on here,Mitchell screamed.
Am sorry Mitch,I….didn’t want this to happen
Godfrey said wearing his clothes.
Mitchell turned to Godfrey with tears in her eyes.
Get the hell out of my house.
Mitch,I swear I never wanted this to happen,please give me a listening hear
I don’t want to hear any of it,just go.Of all girls why didn’t you pick from outside? why my own best friend?.
Mitch I came here….She cuts him short.
I don’t need your explanation,it makes me sick please live before I do something I will regret .
Godfrey opened the door and left.
If looks could kill Vanessa would have died the moment Mitchell stared at her.
Why Vanessa? I gave you everything. Is this what I get for paying your bills,and treating you like blood? She shouted in rage.
Am sorry,chel am very sorry. I’d never wanted this to happen,please….she went on her knees
still unclad
Save your explanations,pack every belonging of yours and live my house.
Mitchell,please don’t do this to me.Think about all the memories we had, please.
Vanessa pleaded with tears streaming down her eyes.
I don’t want to see you here when I get back. She took her clutch which she had thrown on the bed and left.
Vanessa bit her lower lip in frustration, what had she done? betraying the one person that had been nice to her. Mitchell can be authoritative but still very caring. She fell for him the very first day she set her eyes on him.But he had wanted Mitchell instead. He got close to her to get chell,it hurt had hurt her but who was she to complain? Besides who sees a fat short lady and fall for her?What was more irritating was the ever constant pimples on her face.She had tried out all the face creams she knows both expensive and cheap,all to no avail.
And last night he came looking for chell to work things out with her.Somewhere along the line they got talking when he decided to wait for her.And then it all started unplanned with a kiss he had started.
She threw her belongings into her suitcases,as the tears on her face gave her know breathing space. It wasn’t all about the money but the guilt she felt seing herself as a traitor.
Tare frowned her face even with her eyes close,who could be knocking this early?She stood up sleepily still on her nighties and opened the door.
Good morning sir.
Sorry it afternoon already,so I would say good afternoon miss.
Afternoon?she must have over slept after doing T.D.B.
Sorry Sir,how may I help you? she asked after looking at the dark skinned man trying hard to place the face.
Tare, I must say you are beautiful girl.please let me in we have lot to talk about.
Sorry,how did you know my name? and what do we have to talk about?
Just let me in,will you?
She moved away from the door and gestured to him to take a seat on the only plastic chair in her room.
Am suprised your mother has not said anything to you,we are supposed to be married soon so I came to meet you in person
What?? Tare flared up with anger burning through her eyes.
This can’t happen,I am not going to marry you for any reason. Besides my mum will never do that.
I see you trust her.But there’s nothing you can do,as a matter of fact I have paid your bride price to your mother. You can call her now if you wish
Please leave, I don’t ever want to see you again.
She pressed her body against the door the moment he left.
No this can’t be,the thought of her mother selling her was killing her.How could she?Marriage is a life time thing.The man in question should be in his late forties. She ran her hand through her hair as more tears clouded her face.
There was another knock on the door,she ignored it. She didn’t want another person adding to her problems. But when the knocking became non-stop,she had no choice than to open it.
Her mouth went dry seeing the figure before her.This guy was just too handsome,without him saying anything she felt happy with just looking at him.
what do you want? and how did you know live here?She asked after composing herself.
Have you been crying?Richard found himself asking.
Are you stalking me?I thought I made it clear I don’t want to have anything to do with you.
Hear me out first,for crying out loud why are you so self centered. Can’t you help a fellow being.
There are so many people in our department so please ask help from them and stop stalking me. She closed the door at his face.
What was this guy anyway? Can’t he take no for answer. Why does he have to keep stalking me.Why am I feeling happy all of a sudden after seeing him with all the issues I’v got.
Richard smiled as he drove back home,Tare didn’t know he had followed her the previous night. He was supposed to be angry but he couldn’t explain why he was smiling like a fool instead.Maybe it the joy of seeing a girl get mad at him!.No girl had ever done that before not to talk of scolding him.That makes him get more interested in knowing her.But for now I have to give her some space he said to himself.
Angella pulled her husband by the arm as she led him to the room she had prepared for their baby.
Wow this is nice,jo exclaimed.
You sure our baby will like this?
Yes honey,it beautiful. But did you have to stress yourself,I would have called someone to do it.
I didn’t honey,have been lazying around all day so I decided to keep myself busy.
Even at that love you should rest and eat plenty please.
I don’t want my baby thinking am lazy.
Ha ha,Is that so?
He carried her in a bridal style and placed her on the sofa in the living room.
Honey don’t you think you should settle your disputes with my family members.
Dear I would do that but when I carry my baby in my arms.
It okay I’ll be waiting.
He didn’t have to argue that,they had made her life a living hell during the early years of their marriage so he respects her every decision.
Thank you for understanding love.
she claimed his lips with hers as they engaged in an hot romance

3 Likes

Re: Nothing Like Love By Blair by Nmaglit: 1:21pm On Sep 25, 2016
Following this story can't Imagine TARE weds TARE

Nice one blair
Re: Nothing Like Love By Blair by Daeveed(m): 1:45pm On Sep 25, 2016
Nmaglit:
Following this story can't Imagine TARE weds TARE

#Lol... Seems They're Related
Re: Nothing Like Love By Blair by blair01(f): 10:16pm On Sep 25, 2016
Thanks guys.....keep d comments coming
Re: Nothing Like Love By Blair by Nmaglit: 10:59pm On Sep 25, 2016
They r not related but tare mum and richard dad were in love back in the days n promise to name their first child tare meaning LOVE thinking they will end up Together now reverse is the case

Daeveed:
#Lol... Seems They're Related
Re: Nothing Like Love By Blair by blair01(f): 5:08am On Sep 26, 2016
Mitchell emptied the glass of drink in her mouth.She had been drinking,ever since she left her house earlier.She felt betrayed and pained.
But why am I feeling this way? afterall I have Richard.Could it be am still inlove with Godfrey. ..no..that can’t happen. They say first love never dies,I guess that’s why I feel this way.
Mitchell wasn’t sure if she really wanted vannesa out of her house
The girl had betrayed her but for some reasons she couldn’t do without her.Who would do the cooking? cleaning and even her laundry. She was going to get her back and punish her in some other way.
Tare tried out the third outfit,she had planned to pay the mystery guy a visit and apologise. She wasn’t that kind of snub,she just didn’t want to get involved with people.Expecially someone like him,the guy was just too cute!
just when she was about turning the door knob,it beckoned on her she didn’t know his house,or even his name. She threw her clutch in anger regretting her snubby attitude

2 Likes

Re: Nothing Like Love By Blair by blair01(f): 5:10am On Sep 26, 2016
How did you find me?
That’s not a problem at all,you know people like you are never rare.wait a minute is this where you leave?
Yeah. .I..I..she stammered.
It okay, this place looks terrible vanessa,you can come and live with me again.
Do you mean it?have you forgiven me?
For now let’s don’t talk about that.Just come back today.
Vanessa smiled in between tears.The last two weeks had been hell for her.She had managed to rent a flat in the outskirt of jos,currently she needed money. she was d--n broke and had returned to her type of dressing since all her expensive clothes had been sold off to buy some necessities. It was a miracle seeing Mitchell in her house,the same person that had ignored her for 2weeks like she didn’t exist anymore.
Just as she had expected everywhere stinked,she couldn’t count the maggots that welcomed her in the kitchen. The dishes hadn’t been washed for ages.That was just a tip of the mess,her mouth flew open when she saw the toilet and the untidy bedroom. Mitchell was such a spoilt brat.She needed no soothsayer to tell her Mitchell only wanted her cleaning services.
Tare watched him sadly as he packed his books inside his bagpack.This had been going on for 2weeks.For some reasons she didn’t believe it at first when he started ignoring her.Thesame guy that had been stalking her,how things change. She badly wanted to apologise but didn’t have the courage.
Want to tell me something?
That’s his voice,she couldn’t forget that voice even in her dreams. Was she dreaming? or he was right beside her.
Do you want to say something?he asked again
umm…am sorry she muttered gently.Her voice had betrayed her.
She had rehearsed the words to tell him but he was right beside her but it seemed she had lost her senses.
Richard smiled triumphantly,he had won. Ignoring her had actually made her apologise,seeing her watch him leave everyday,he knew she had something to say at least with the sorry look she always had on.
Did I hear you say something? please I didn’t hear you right,mind if you say it again.
I said am sorry.
Richard broke into a laugh.
What’s funny?
Nothing. So are we friends now?
Not at all,I only apologised because I hate been a snub.
please,I really need your help it would mean alot if you agree to tutor me.
Tare was lost of words or rather confused.But she didn’t know when she started nodding to his every word.
Is that a yes?
Richard didn’t wait for an answer before he squeezed his card in her palms.She mustn’t change her mind.
He left hurriedly but after saying.
Tomorrow 3pm at my house.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing Like Love By Blair by blair01(f): 5:13am On Sep 26, 2016
*Love isn’t all about saying but acting*
Tare glanced at the card just to be sure she wasn’t dreaming.After placing the card in her handbag the previous day she hadn’t even checked it until now that the cab she took had stopped in front of a huge building.
she asked the driver just to be sure she was at the right place.
When he nodded affirmative she was more than suprise.
How can a student afford such a place? his he into drugs or probably born with a silver spoon?
What? the driver asked when he noticed she was talking.
Sorry,I was talking to myself.
She paid for the ride and came down still not sure she was at the right place.
Hey,I thought you weren’t going to come.
I…I..I was caught in the traffic she stammered.
Tare played with her fingers trying to avoid any eye contact with him.Richard was wearing only a boxer and towel wrapped around his shoulders. It was obvious he just showered.
Thanks alot for coming,please come in.
He opened the door wider for her to enter.
Make yourself comfortable please,I will be right back.
Tare only noded lost of words to say,she couldn’t believe she was becoming suddenly shy.She sat on the red sofa as her eyes roamed all over the well furnished living room.
They had something in common,”painting”.Though she wasn’t good at it but she loved art.Anything that appreciates nature entices her.
This guy must be a lover of art,his living room had numerous paintings,was he buying them? he had so much money to throw.As much as she loved art she couldn’t waste so much money in buying them,people needed such money expecially children in the orphanage!.
What should I offer you?
Richard said breaking her thoughts.
He had changed into a sweatshirt and knickerbocker.
Nothing.
Come on,take something anything at all will make me happy.
Nothing please,can we start.Where do you really need my help?
Richard walked over to the mini bar and got her a bottle of water and a glass in the other hand.
It’s water,I didn’t put anything inside.
Tare smiled and took the bottle from him.
Thanks.
Am Richard,what your name?
Tare.
I didn’t get you? did you say Tare?
Yeah, my name is Tare.
So you are my namesake?wow this is amazing.
Hu? I thought you said you are Richard.
yeah..he explained the fact he didn’t like his name to her.
Serously,I love my name. You are missing out Richard.
Am not it sounds girlish you know but it fits you perfectly.
Tare blushed at the sound of that.
You must be a lover of art she said as her eyes fell on the painting that caught her attention most.
Yeah,I wanted to study fine art but my dad won’t hear of it.
Really but why?
Because he wants me to continue his business as the only heir.
That’s great,am sorry about that.
It’s okay,that why I need your help because it causing a rift between I and my dad.
Am sorry about that,but don’t you think you are wasting too much money on this?she pointed at the paintings on the wall.
money? what money. oohh I drew them myself.
What? wow you are so talented.
Thanks Tee.
Tee? she asked blushing.
Yeah,am gonna call you that.
wow..hmm that okay so let get started please.
okay sure.

3 Likes

Re: Nothing Like Love By Blair by blair01(f): 5:15am On Sep 26, 2016
come on Tee,it late I can’t let you go by yourself.
You don’t have to worry,I’ll find my way.
no,I insist am taking you home.
He took her hand in his and went over to the garage. Tare tried as much as possible to ignore the butterflies in her stomach.Richard’s palms her warm and soft and somehow she felt secured in them.He opened the door for her and went over to the drivers seat.He turned on the music and put the car to a start.
You know you have an horrible voice right?
Richard gave a short laugh.
One mustn’t be good at everything Tee.
True but can you just keep quiet,I love this song but you are making me hate it with your voice.
Ha ha,okay I will only if you sing along.
I won’t do that
Then I’ll keep singing.
fine you can go ahead.
He reduced the volume of the music before stealing a glance at her.
So about that day I almost hit you am sorry again.
It past already.
But is that why you hate me?
I don’t hate you.What makes you think I do?
Remember you always snubbed me,I kinda felt bad and liked it too.
I didn’t hate you rich,I only don’t associate with people. And you said you liked it?
Story for another day.But why don’t you like associating with people?
Story for another day she said mimicking his words.
Richard killed the engine when he had gotten to Tare’s gate.
Thank you Rich,am greatfull.
I should be thanking you instead.He came down and opened the door for her.
Where are you going? Tare was forced to ask when she saw him leading the way.
I have to make sure you get to your room first, if anything should happen to you I will be held responsible.
you don’t have to,besides nothing is happening to me.
I insist Tee.
Tare followed him slowly.
Who could that be she asked a little bit frightened seeing a figure seating at her doorstep.
Don’t be scared,let’s find out.
He took her hand in his as they moved further.
“Mum” What are you doing here?
Are you suprised,is it because of this small boy you refused to marry Thompson.
She removed her hand from Richards
Mum…I…
she was cut short by a slap.For some minutes she was dumbfounded.
You are such a flirt,how dare you Tare? so you’v been sleeping around ehn? afterall the preaching and method of upbringing you had.
Mumm..she couldn’t complete her sentence as tears streamed down her eyes.
you useless thing,am going to show you I carried you for nine months.
She pulled her by the ear and started raining insults on her.
Richard couldn’t take it anymore,he started pleading with Edna.
you better start leaving you son of an animal,at 8pm my daughter is coming from outside and you expect me to keep quiet.How dare you?
Mummy please let me explain.
you have nothing to explain,am giving you three days.Your traditional wedding is on Saturday it either you come to keffi yourself or I will come and drag you from here.
She said and left in annoyance.
Tare went into Richard’s waiting arms as she sobbed loudly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing Like Love By Blair by blair01(f): 5:17am On Sep 26, 2016
Richard watched Tare cry in his arms, he didn’t want to leave her in that state. He wanted to be a shoulder to lean on.
Tare gave Richard the key to her apartment when he asked,she wasn’t in her right senses to argue,all she needed now was someone to cry her heart to.
Tell me everything please,I promise it going to be between you and I. Richard said when they had gotten to her room.
Have you ever regretted been born? or should I say been born to a poor family? have never cared about the life I lived,I never cared about the food I ate,or even the kind of clothes I wore before I met aunt Angela. All have ever wanted was to study hard and make my own money when the time comes.But what I can’t take is been insulted and called names by my own mother because she wants me to get married to a man as old as my dad.
She sniffed,and cleaned the tears streaming down her eyes with the back of her palm.
Richard stood up from where he sat and enveloped her in his arms.
It’s okay Tee,everything is going to be fine I promise.
His words only made her sob louder,they remained that way till she slept off.Richard checked his time and it was already midnight. He couldn’t live that night,it was too risky.After few minutes of thinking on what to do,he placed Tare on her bed and covered her with her blanket. He had no choice than to sleep on the plastic chair.
Tare woke up earlier than expected,she had forgotten all about the event of the previous night till she saw him on the chair.
Rich wake up,she tapped him gently.
Richard yawned weakily.His neck hurt,he twisted it back and front before looking at Tare.
How are you feeling Tee?
Am better now.She gave him a weak smile.
Am sure your neck hurt,am sorry I put you through this stress.
Am not complaining and please don’t think about it too much.Am here for you anytime.
Thank you so much Rich.
Are you cooking? he asked Tare who wore an apron over her gown.
yes,I’ll be done in a bit.we will eat breakfast together.
can you cook?he teased
Rich did I…she was cut short by the knocking on the door.
A minute,she said to Richard and went for the door.

2 Likes

Re: Nothing Like Love By Blair by Nmaglit: 7:16am On Sep 26, 2016
Hmmmm I guess tare husband to be is the one at the door btw tare mother no try at all

1 Like

Re: Nothing Like Love By Blair by eoadeniji(m): 7:24am On Sep 26, 2016
Looks like Tare and Richard are of the same father
Re: Nothing Like Love By Blair by worthing: 7:35am On Sep 26, 2016
Blair following.
#phil

1 Like

Re: Nothing Like Love By Blair by Shakyroh320(f): 7:37am On Sep 26, 2016
They are nt, bt were both born by ex-lovers.am i right blair01?
Re: Nothing Like Love By Blair by Damfostopper(m): 7:45am On Sep 26, 2016
mtcheeew.... I hate love stories..... nansense

3 Likes

Re: Nothing Like Love By Blair by AONE555(m): 8:12am On Sep 26, 2016
,Angella should take it easy
Beyelsan girls are not that cool o

1 Like

Re: Nothing Like Love By Blair by usayab(m): 8:24am On Sep 26, 2016
a.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Pictures That Clearly Illustrates How Time Has Really Changed / Corper Sam's Funny Story...don't Laugh Please / THE UNIVERSITY PRESTOS….episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.