Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,491 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Our Parents Were Stupid - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our Parents Were Stupid (4587 Views)

Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does / Are Catholics Stupid? / This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Parents Were Stupid by donnffd(m): 12:56pm On Nov 23, 2016
AlfaSeltzer:
How can another human from another continent come and deceive you into beating up your children and perpetuating ignorance in Africa

We are suffering from the stupidity of our parents

Stop "respecting" your parents. You are more intelligent than them.

Leave them, if they misbehave for the sake of a foreign doG

Just because your parents believe in something you dont doesnt make them stupid, Just because you have more exposure and maybe knowledge about the physical world than they do doesnt mean they are stupid. You cant just blame and insult your parents like that and even go ahead to promoting disrespect!

This is alittle far fetched.

I am sure your parents wants the best for you and they most certainly thought this way was the best way to impact in you, they might be wrong but that doesnt mean they are stupid.

Please, Respect your parents

4 Likes

Re: Our Parents Were Stupid by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 23, 2016
shadeyinka:

Your post does not need a response but as a service to the community and especially young Nigerians I will post your reply.

Do you know what you just announced to the whole world?
1. Your parents are ignorant...
2. Your own parent are stupid...
3. Because of points 1 & 2, you have been disrespecting your parents.
4. You want every other youths to follow your "excellent" examples.

However, most Nairalanders have reasons to pity your unfortunate situation.

Its not too late to delete your post. It portrays an angry, immature, irresponsible teenager.

You need God in your life. He still loves you.
Well, the fact that he expressed it quite inaccurately doesn't make him wrong.

Is it true that some parents are ignorant?

Is it true that some parents are stvpid?

Is it true that children must put off the tyranny of some stvpid, ill-educated parents?

Is it true that it's wrong for children to bend over backwards in respect and tolerance for their stvpidity, tendency to mislead, and arrogance in ignorance?

Is it wrong for students to disobey ignorant, ill-informed parents who teach them wrongly?

Don't let the fact that his case seems like an attack on your religion blind you to the substantive point. He has a point worth considering.

Think about it.

1 Like

Re: Our Parents Were Stupid by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 23, 2016
Re: Our Parents Were Stupid by plaetton: 1:08pm On Nov 23, 2016
AlfaSeltzer:

This is what I mean
See how you have been brainwashed into fearing the truth about your parents

Maybe I didn't make it clear: my parents were stupid

OUR parents in Africa are very stupid, if not why are still in darkness in the 21st century calling doG instead of doing something about our misery?

Let us stop respecting stupidity and use our brains

foreign doGs embraced by our stupid parents are a curse and must be rejected

I pity your meaningless life
Epic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Parents Were Stupid by plaetton: 1:11pm On Nov 23, 2016
herzern:
What else do I expect from one who calls Ojukwu his hero??....

CONFUSION!!....

You might as well add me to that list of confusion.

Ojukwu is certainly one of the greatest heroes produce by this African continent.

Now, leave Ojukwu out of this , and focus on the thrust of this thread. undecided
Re: Our Parents Were Stupid by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 23, 2016
Re: Our Parents Were Stupid by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 23, 2016
herzern:
What else do I expect from one who calls Ojukwu his hero??....

CONFUSION!!....
Errr.... If Ojukwu ISN'T a hero, well, I wonder who is....
Re: Our Parents Were Stupid by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 23, 2016
Re: Our Parents Were Stupid by plaetton: 1:29pm On Nov 23, 2016
AlfaSeltzer:
I'm sorry but the stupidity of our parents need to be checkmated if we are to advance

Stop allowing your parents' stupidity to hold you back

They are too hung up and emotional about your particular use of the word 'stupid' , and seem to miss or ignore the general thrust of your argument.
Escapism and cognitive dissonance.

Perhaps I should assist you in putting it in a milder, chewable format.
In the infamous Willie Lynch letters; The Making Of A Perfect Slave, the slavery consultant points out the importance of the negro woman, and imperative of socially engineering the negro women to be self- replicating the perfect slaves for eternity. In other words, once the negro women are sufficiently brain washed and programmed , relax and leave her to produce Slave offsprings for eternity.

This has been and would probably continue to be biggest problem in Africa for a very very long time.

Look at all these Nigerian fraudsters and charlatans like Adeboye, Oyedepo, Okotie, Oyaks , TV Clown Joshua, etc.
Who are their primary targets for brainwashing and fraud? The women, the wives and future wives and mothers of generations yet come. They plant in these victims seeds of Stupidity that becomes an inexhaustible resource as long as they maintain hold on their enslaved minds.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Our Parents Were Stupid by Israeljones(m): 1:30pm On Nov 23, 2016
joyContraMundum:
Uncalled for, man. This is not how you respond to a post like his. You're not going to have believe that you really think he made no sense at all. You have issues with his "tone"? Is that it? You detest "misfits", heretics, "madmen", mavericks and the rude? You want the polite (even when they're liars and pretenders) and the politically correct? In what way does that help the world?

There's nothing rational about your response. It's an emotional reaction to his post, and that's immature.
Birds of the same feather...
Yu trying to stay relevant too?
Stay clear my mention pls
Re: Our Parents Were Stupid by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 23, 2016
adjoviomole:
I just wonder what you atheist problem is? You have chosen not to serve God, so liv us and let's serve God na. Sebi its not ur life but ours.

So what will you call you parents that where killing twins den. The killing of twins was abolished in africa by christians.

I just tire for una.
If you understood your religion perfectly, you would know that there's no such thing as right or wrong in your religion. There's only "SIN" and "righteousness". It's all about faithfulness and obedience, never about morality. It's perfectly okay to kill twins, or do even worse - like carrying out a genocidal campaign against an entire race - AS LONG AS YOUR GOD ORDERS IT. Which means, if you were not such an hypocrite, you'd have realised that you're ALWAYS a commandment away from perpetrating the greatest evil conceivable. It all depends on your God's mood and what he wants at a particular time. You'll gladly thrust a dagger into your child's heart if your God orders it; is that not why you revere Abraham? You'll do it willingly (showing zero reluctance), full of glee.

So, in what way are you more moral than our primitive ancestors who killed twins? You're dirtied in common.... as bad as one another. Erm,,, no, you guys are even more horrible.

Since when did an Abrahamist like you earn the right to pontificate to us about what's moral and what's not? It's better you shut up, while you await the day when God's mood swings again, when he goes mad and orders you to go bang the hell out of your mum on her matrimonial bed (of course, incest won't be wrong then, since it would be God who ordered it. So, why would you hesitate?), or to fvck your male friend at the back of the church, or to go to every corner of the country, slaughter all idolaters and burn down their shrines, 'cause he's becoming more jealous of other Gods and their followers are pissing the crap outta him.

You have no right to talk about morality. Just focus on licking Yahweh's ass cos I can't stomach the irritation that comes from your grotesque hypocricy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Parents Were Stupid by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 23, 2016
Israeljones:

Birds of the same feather...
Yu trying to stay relevant too?
Stay clear my mention pls
Yeah. That's how Yahweh trains his dogs: to stand on their hind legs and snarl at humans.

Dare come closer with that disgusting saliva, that reeks of Yahweh's choking fart, on your mouth and I'll slap the life crap out of you.

2 Likes

Re: Our Parents Were Stupid by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 23, 2016
plaetton:

They are too hung up and emotional about your particular use of the word 'stupid' , and seem to miss or ignore the general thrust of your argument.

In the infamous Willie Lynch letters; The Making Of A Perfect Slave, the slavery consultant points out the importance of the negro woman, and imperative of socially engineering the negro women to be self- replicating the perfect slaves for eternity. In other words, once the negro women are sufficiently brain washed and programmed , relax and leave her to produce Slave offsprings for eternity.

This has been and would probably continue to be biggest problem in Africa for a very very long time.

Look at all these Nigerian fraudsters and charlatans like Adeboye, Oyedepo, Okotie, Oyaks , TV Clown Joshua, etc.
Who are their primary targets for brainwashing and fraud? The women, the wives and future wives and mothers of generations yet come. They plant in these victims seeds of Stupidity that becomes an inexhaustible resource as long as they maintain hold on their enslaved minds.
Wow..... Very accurate. Women are indeed the major vehicles for the perpetration of this generational brainwashing.

Women were the very reason Christianity triumphed in the first place! Come to think of it, was it not Constantine's mother, Queen Helena who introduced him to Christianity? And wasn't it through Constantine (Rome) that Christianity triumphed? That stvpidity won?

You really succeeded in putting it in a "milder, chewable format". Your post went straight to the heart of the matter.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Parents Were Stupid by plaetton: 2:42pm On Nov 23, 2016
joyContraMundum:
Wow..... Very accurate. Women are indeed the major vehicles for the perpetration of this generational brainwashing.

Women were the very reason Christianity triumphed in the first place! Come to think of it, was it not Constantine's mother, Queen Helena who introduced him to Christianity? And wasn't it through Constantine (Rome) that Christianity triumphed? That stvpidity won?

You really succeeded in putting it in a "milder, chewable format". Your post went straight to the heart of the matter.
wink

1 Like

Re: Our Parents Were Stupid by shadeyinka(m): 3:32pm On Nov 23, 2016
joyContraMundum:
Well, the fact that he expressed it quite inaccurately doesn't make him wrong.

Likes begets likes is the law of nature. I can see why you are so much like your parent. The only difference, you read more books than them. They stopped their education for youbto have a fighting chance.

joyContraMundum:

Is it true that some parents are ignorant?

And this ignorant parents took you to the best school(to the limit of their financial ability) so that you can be educated. They did their best so that you will be better than themselves.

joyContraMundum:

Is it true that some parents are stvpid?

Stupidity is a function of intelligence. This trait is inherited from the pool of genes of your ancestors. If they are stupid, I don't know how you became wise. Have you eaten out of the forbidden fruit?

Is it true that children must put off the tyranny of some stvpid, ill-educated parents?

From your tone, it is obvious that you are still a child with no one you are responsible for. You are using the anonymous nature of NL to prove what you are not. If not, you will know that the goal of even the weak parent is that they will have children who will be better, stronger, faster, richer and more intelligent than they ever were.

Now, because THEY SUCCEEDED, you look down on them. Kai.

joyContraMundum:

Is it true that it's wrong for children to bend over backwards in respect and tolerance for their stvpidity, tendency to mislead, and arrogance in ignorance?

Is it wrong for students to disobey ignorant, ill-informed parents who teach them wrongly?

Don't let the fact that his case seems like an attack on your religion blind you to the substantive point. He has a point worth considering.

Think about it.

When you have your own children, train them to be less intelligent than you. Train them to be a failure. Train them to be ignorant so that in future, they would not turn back at you and conclude that you are exactly what you call your own parents.

You should have kept quiet and we will still think you are above average in thinking.

Dont bother, I won't reply your post.

1 Like

Re: Our Parents Were Stupid by Charlesdock(m): 4:33pm On Nov 23, 2016
ifenes:

I just took him to his swimming class actually and he did very well. He loves painting and drama. He will be in line to audition for a British kids program ON Sky. I paid for his drama class(which is his preference) to sharpen his acting skills,and he is only 4. I doubt he will remain dependent on me at over 18+ like you did to your parent,and probably still are.
And you think doing all of that will make him happy and dependent? Look our minds work in different ways. For examples animals that are taken care of by their parents tend to be atleas good and warm blooded.
Re: Our Parents Were Stupid by Niflheim(m): 7:12pm On Nov 23, 2016
@AlfaSeltzer,
Fantastic post!!!

1.The Deeper Life members prevented their kids from watching TV!!!

2.The Jehovah's Witness parents prevented their kids from receiving life-saving blood transfusions!!!

3.The MFM parents will force their kids to fast until they get stomach ulcer!!!

4.The parents who took their daughters to Reverend King's church, discovered that their daughters had been sampled by "Inspector Big Dick"!!!

1 Like

Re: Our Parents Were Stupid by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 23, 2016
shadeyinka:

Likes begets likes is the law of nature. I can see why you are so much like your parent. The only difference, you read more books than them. They stopped their education for youbto have a fighting chance.

And this ignorant parents took you to the best school(to the limit of their financial ability) so that you can be educated. They did their best so that you will be better than themselves.

Stupidity is a function of intelligence. This trait is inherited from the pool of genes of your ancestors. If they are stupid, I don't know how you became wise. Have you eaten out of the forbidden fruit?

From your tone, it is obvious that you are still a child with no one you are responsible for. You are using the anonymous nature of NL to prove what you are not. If not, you will know that the goal of even the weak parent is that they will have children who will be better, stronger, faster, richer and more intelligent than they ever were.

Now, because THEY SUCCEEDED, you look down on them. Kai.

When you have your own children, train them to be less intelligent than you. Train them to be a failure. Train them to be ignorant so that in future, they would not turn back at you and conclude that you are exactly what you call your own parents.

You should have kept quiet and we will still think you are above average in thinking.

Dont bother, I won't reply your post.
Ah, mehn..... It's amazing how you misrepresented (!) what I said. You replied as though I was saying all parents are stvpid. (How ridiculous would I have to be, really?) You certainly didn't pay enough attention to the word, "some".

And do not accuse me of trying to use the anonymity provided by this platform to claim to be what I'm not. I haven't made any such claim. I admit the fact that I'm still a child who's not yet responsible for anyone; a teenager in fact. But I don't see how that disqualifies me from commenting on such matters.

Yeah. You don't have to reply me. You gave the "wrong" reply afterall.
Re: Our Parents Were Stupid by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 23, 2016
.... This is intresting....
Re: Our Parents Were Stupid by GoodMuyis(m): 9:11pm On Nov 23, 2016
AlfaSeltzer:

How can another human from another continent come and deceive you into beating up your children and perpetuating ignorance in Africa
We are suffering from the stupidity of our parents
Stop "respecting" your parents. You are more intelligent than them.
Leave them, if they misbehave for the sake of a foreign doG

Ride on.... speed up like skoda...........

See atheist turning soft, non of them wanted to agree to be product of a stupid parent, yet they keep attacking the faith and belief of their parent till 3:00Am with stupid thread, just to tell the world, that stupidity of their grandparent in believing a white man God cause the backwardness their land is facing.

Atheist keep saying their parent (Religious people) need were in mental slavery and needed to be free, dont wanted to Agree to OP
Shio

Shame on them atheist swallowing their pride.

i am happy to born by parent who believed in god
and i will show appreciation in believing in god also
and i will relentlessly share the trend all over the world
my own child will follow suit
AND GOD ALMIGHTY WILL BE GLORIFIED

Stupidity must ruled the World Till Jesus Come
Re: Our Parents Were Stupid by GoodMuyis(m): 9:20pm On Nov 23, 2016
Imagine happily saying your parents are delusion, stupid and mentally retard all in the name of one stupid atheism, thinking your are insulting Nairaland Christian.(Insult us and insult your parent too)

"Omo osan tin ko ponpo ba iya e"

Meaning, stupid son, bringing shame to his Parent
Re: Our Parents Were Stupid by peacesamuel94(m): 9:49am On Nov 24, 2016
It's OK if you think that those that birthed you, even when they had the choice to terminate your chance at life by aborting you are stupid. So if you think your parents are stupid.... Fine, but mine aren't.

This is why atheism is wrong, even if, we assume you to be right about them, is this the best way to say it? what will be your reaction if your children said this about you?

You think our belief in God has limited us then you are so wrong, there are a lot of things inhibiting the advancement of Nigeria and religion is not one of them, if at all it involves religion, then it's religion wrongly practiced.

As individuals and as a nation we will become whatever we want to be, irrespective of our belief system,
stop promoting rebellion against parents, don't bite the finger that fed you. because your actions today, will come back at you tomorrow.
Re: Our Parents Were Stupid by yeanka007: 10:08am On Nov 24, 2016
plaetton:

P, what you said is true, the same problem with brainwashing of people is not only here in Africa, its all over the world.
Re: Our Parents Were Stupid by plaetton: 12:21pm On Nov 24, 2016
yeanka007:

P, what you said is true, the same problem with brainwashing of women is not only here in Africa, its all over the world.
Yes.
Anytime you want to change society or bring changes to society, you first start by indoctrinating the women. Once you successfully do that, then the doctrine becomes self-defense sustaining, because the women indoctrinate the children, and the cycle continues.

Every change starts with focus on the womenfolk.

Here in Nigeria, if only the dummies who were shouting " change " understand that, then we might actually have new generations that think and behave differently.
Re: Our Parents Were Stupid by shadeyinka(m): 3:24pm On Nov 24, 2016
joyContraMundum:
Ah, mehn..... It's amazing how you misrepresented (!) what I said. You replied as though I was saying all parents are stvpid. (How ridiculous would I have to be, really?) You certainly didn't pay enough attention to the word, "some".

And do not accuse me of trying to use the anonymity provided by this platform to claim to be what I'm not. I haven't made any such claim. I admit the fact that I'm still a child who's not yet responsible for anyone; a teenager in fact. But I don't see how that disqualifies me from commenting on such matters.

Yeah. You don't have to reply me. You gave the "wrong" reply afterall.

I could see from your reply that you were well brought up by your parents; That is why I am replying you.

I actually spoke to the OP using you as his front. I am glad you got the message.

There is not ONE perfect parent in the whole world. Most parents are what they are as a result of the experiences and opportunities available to them. If we could all write our future, we shall ALL be rich, famous and powerful. But life isn't like that.

Our parents became what they are by forces beyond their control. By the time we too would have become 60 years old, we would have discovered that so many forces beyond our control had made us.

It is best for us to appreciate all our parents could do for us within their limited education, finances, opportunities and influence. If one removes those frail effort, the best we would be is dead and forgotten! Even if it is breast milk one can be thankful for, our parents have tried their best.

Sorry, I was hard on you but you were backing a wrong horse. The OP wrote in anger and without thinking. Are their bad parents? Yes! But all parents mean well in spite of their "badness".

Stay blessed.
Re: Our Parents Were Stupid by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 24, 2016
shadeyinka:

I could see from your reply that you were well brought up by your parents; That is why I am replying you.

I actually spoke to the OP using you as his front. I am glad you got the message.

There is not ONE perfect parent in the whole world. Most parents are what they are as a result of the experiences and opportunities available to them. If we could all write our future, we shall ALL be rich, famous and powerful. But life isn't like that.

Our parents became what they are by forces beyond their control. By the time we too would have become 60 years old, we would have discovered that so many forces beyond our control had made us.

It is best for us to appreciate all our parents could do for us within their limited education, finances, opportunities and influence. If one removes those frail effort, the best we would be is dead and forgotten! Even if it is breast milk one can be thankful for, our parents have tried their best.

Sorry, I was hard on you but you were backing a wrong horse. The OP wrote in anger and without thinking. Are their bad parents? Yes! But all parents mean well in spite of their "badness".

Stay blessed.

I'm glad to see you bring it down to parents' intentions. I agree with you to some degree, but I still do not agree that ALL parents mean well. I beg to differ on that.
Re: Our Parents Were Stupid by shadeyinka(m): 8:36pm On Nov 24, 2016
joyContraMundum:
I'm glad to see you bring it down to parents' intentions. I agree with you to some degree, but I still do not agree that ALL parents mean well. I beg to differ on that.

OK. Let's say most normal parents.
Re: Our Parents Were Stupid by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 24, 2016
Personally, I actually do have smart parents. Both are polyglots and one is a songwriter while the other is almost a mental calculator with a badass memory.

I inherited my intelligence from both of them. However, both are still Christians. This is because they didn't have access to the information that I did when they were younger.

I will be forever indebted to them for bringing me to this world and taking the time to invest in me. As far as I am concerned, that was a decision only smart people can make.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Parents Were Stupid by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 24, 2016
shadeyinka:

OK. Let's say most normal parents.
Right. It's a natural instinct afterall.
Re: Our Parents Were Stupid by purple3091: 11:08pm On Nov 24, 2016
omw...well interesting post but,i doubt africans werent beating their kids before colonist came,what made you say they didnt?
Re: Our Parents Were Stupid by shadeyinka(m): 5:33am On Nov 25, 2016
joyContraMundum:
Right. It's a natural instinct afterall.

I agree with you, there is a natural instinct for parents to try to make their children better than whatever they have attained or become. To this end, we should respect and appreciate this their "feeble effort".

We shall do likewise to our own kids when the time comes. We will want them to appreciate and respect the fact that we are trying our best...this best may not be good enough but it's still the best we can muster up.

The OP and his supporters should have thought about this. Without them (our parents), we become NOTHING!
Re: Our Parents Were Stupid by Ochoiho: 12:59pm On Nov 25, 2016
My own parents are not stupid according to your definition of stupidity- They were 'wise' Pagans. My own father died as one. I would have been one wretched young man serving one dirty Idol in the village but Jesus saved me. These demons behind these Idols would not let me go, it was a long battle of over 20 years. From personal experience, the reason for the Poverty and disease in Africa is as a result of refusal to accept Christianity. I know you know the truth, you are only working for your father-the devil.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Trinity? Help Me / Error On Trinity By Pastor Chris / Satan Ministry: How To Commit Yourself To Satan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.