Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

My Life Outside Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Life Outside Christianity (550 Views)

4 Reasons Why Most Men Look Outside The Church For Wife / Vanity Of A Moral Life Outside The Saviour / No To Sex Outside Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Life Outside Christianity by Truthman83(m): 4:56am On Sep 18, 2016
I have received a few emails from Christians on nairaland who want to break free. Don't worry I will not mention names. The fear is how life is outside Christianity and are there moments I feel like going back?

Firstly I do not feel fear when remembering my religion past and I do not feel anger either. I have no problem walking into a church building after knowing it is where they discuss false history. Christianity is just as unimportant as Judaism,Islam etc. I have absolutely no problem logging into this site to discuss and share my thoughts.

Think of it,contrary to what the priests and pastors preach in the church,there is a lot of good in the world. They focus on the negatives alone and feel everybody sins and needs saving, and should always thanks God for good things, which easily misconstrued as saying that God is the only good thing. No it isn't. A pastor will never tell you to visit a therapist when you suffer from depression. They never tell you there is so a lot of beauty on this planet,they will never tell you that 7 out of 10 people you meet are good people. Their duty is to maintain the level of fear

No matter where I go these days I keep seeing church buildings after church building,christian billboards after billboards,all reminding me of my christian past.I have blocked every daily alerts and pop up messages from christian sites. I recently posted about my graduation anniversary and there was a lot ..."god bless you" I cannot rebuke them,can I? I have no need to rebuke them as it will cost me some high profile relationships.

The amount of christian messages to Atheist ones is overwhelmingly high. Atheist messages are almost non-existence in my environment,the reason I see this site as a place to release my thoughts. I think there should be a balance as there are many Christians who want to break free but aren't encouraged with the daily bombardment with Christians alerts.

1 Like

Re: My Life Outside Christianity by menxer: 7:01am On Sep 18, 2016
Stepping out of organized religion is a half step, stepping out of one's ego is the full step.
Re: My Life Outside Christianity by DarkRed(m): 7:34am On Sep 18, 2016
Sorry to say but simply bcuz CHRISTIANITY has failed you doesn't mean it has failed everyone else...so just as you are trying to encourage those trying to leave religion which I personally understand, those Christian alerts you are complaining about are also encouraging those who are trying to stay.
Secondly, sorry to hear that your pastors only preached fear to you. But if I were you, before leaving, I would have taken my time to study the NEW TESTAMENT part of the bible. That's where the name CHRISTIANITY was coined. So perhaps your pastors are ancient who love to dwell on messages of the LAW which only stirred and brought fear, condemnation and death to people.
I hope you are at peace sha now that you've left.
Re: My Life Outside Christianity by Godwin2016: 3:00pm On Sep 18, 2016
DarkRed:
Sorry to say but simply bcuz CHRISTIANITY has failed you doesn't mean it has failed everyone else...so just as you are trying to encourage those trying to leave religion which I personally understand, those Christian alerts you are complaining about are also encouraging those who are trying to stay.
Secondly, sorry to hear that your pastors only preached fear to you. But if I were you, before leaving, I would have taken my time to study the NEW TESTAMENT part of the bible. That's where the name CHRISTIANITY was coined. So perhaps your pastors are ancient who love to dwell on messages of the LAW which only stirred and brought fear, condemnation and death to people.
I hope you are at peace sha now that you've left.

(1) (Reply)

The Sin That Makes God Cry / Video || End Time Trumpet Allegedly Sounds In The Sky In Israel / What Demons Want To Do To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.