Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

Davido Signs Dammy Krane To His Record Label [PICS] - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido Signs Dammy Krane To His Record Label [PICS] (41660 Views)

Dammy Krane To Remain In Jail, Set To Face More Federal Charges / Dammy Krane To Be Prosecuted By Tap Jets, A Private Jet Company / ROC Nation Welcomes Tiwa Savage To Record Label [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davido Signs Dammy Krane To His Record Label [PICS] by amdoyin82(m): 12:21pm On Sep 18, 2016
Chanchit:
This Dammy Krane no serious jare.
walahi , e no serious at all.. Davido! Him aburo.. Chaiii
Re: Davido Signs Dammy Krane To His Record Label [PICS] by Zedoo(m): 12:37pm On Sep 18, 2016
LorDBolton:

Guy bone NAS jare the niqqa na wise fool...such a failure

When I saw the nicki minaj song vid which they kissed I puked on behalf of hip hop (hip hop is misogynistic in a lovely way & also fiercely disrespectful a.k.a competitive) and the mumu crashed on both

Oga j.cole rose under jayz right? Why? Talent? Nah not just that... j.cole didn't accept mediocrity he went against jayz decision and put out a mixtape he did and has done a lot of things jay didn't sign off on... thats how u succeed, tyga blew up with rack city...after that wetin? Cos he kept suckering up to CM n Wayne. Even nicki signed artist rep deal with p.diddy(bad boy) why not with her label (y.m) or even c.m?
To succeed u must immediately from day 1 start pushing ur personal brand.

Have u seen j.cole do boy boy for jayz in any vid? Have u seen drake do boy boy for Wayne in any vid? Have u seen west do same for jay?

Go and bump west's first album n u will understand that when u 'believe' in ur abilities you push ur brand... krane never independently pushed his brand.

Hw many features did he do? Timaya don already drop the scope about importance of features in a song that year(dont remember)

Falz use features blow, kesh blew with a feature. Dammy krane failed to be a hypertek boy whilst befriending other artistes

What does nas kissing Nicki have to do with disgust...its just a video dawg and nas has the most classic albums in hip hop and the most critically acclaimed longevity full stop.
Now back to topic...

Baba krane dun do features with davido no forget and some other artistes....its easy to judge...you dont know tha "nature" of contract he signed....
That being said...lets give dude a chance he CAN....i mean skales gat hits after leaving EME after ppl also said he wasn't serious...

My main point was the signing under davido thing people are jesting about....its the right move for him...davido music worldwide lacks star power and dami might just be what it needs to gain grounds too because it looks like davido himself has run out ideas...asides the Sony music situation.... Dami krane Is good...he just needs the right people with ginger around him....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Signs Dammy Krane To His Record Label [PICS] by Zedoo(m): 12:41pm On Sep 18, 2016
Kunlexxxx:

So, young John na good producer, abi? Because e dey produce pangolo kind of music without rhythm and good lyrics for Olamide and Lil Kesh? You know music well no be small

Bros. Chop knuckle.... In the world dese days success/popularity means "sabi" to most people....

I mean we dey talk of DJ coublon...production...people dey call young John...na WA o....e no see pheelz call sef.
Re: Davido Signs Dammy Krane To His Record Label [PICS] by wheesin(m): 1:14pm On Sep 18, 2016
i don't understand. so RCA signed Davido and Davido opened DMW and signed Dammy Krane and Dammy Krane signed Mr Eazi under his own record label undecided
Re: Davido Signs Dammy Krane To His Record Label [PICS] by maylisa(f): 1:33pm On Sep 18, 2016
Why not sign me atleast i can sing and even better than dami. Anyway Congrats to him grin grin grin
Re: Davido Signs Dammy Krane To His Record Label [PICS] by horrmorr(m): 1:45pm On Sep 18, 2016
This dammy krane downgrade himself ooo
Re: Davido Signs Dammy Krane To His Record Label [PICS] by tammyreuben(m): 1:48pm On Sep 18, 2016
FIVE WAYS YOU CAN SAY 'THANK YOU' IN ENGLISH.

My recent obsession with the English language has tremendously increased my love for the language. If there is any language that is never short of vocabularies, it is the English language as there are many words or synonyms for describing a particular word.

Today, I will be showing you five different ways you can say 'thank you' in English instead of sticking to the conventional style.
See them here:
http://www.tammysenglishblog.com/2016/09/five-ways-to-say-you-in-english.html?m=0

Always visit www.tammysenglishblog.com for your free English tutorials.
Re: Davido Signs Dammy Krane To His Record Label [PICS] by dualsurvey: 2:05pm On Sep 18, 2016
winkmart:
David needs a versatile producer....not those Piano boys that will give u sounds, someone that can give u ideas on the best tune and melodies to use..

. the main reason why YBNL will survive for a long time is cuz of those 2 guys they got... Pheelzz and Young Jon... What a lot of these artistes don't understand that the producer is the bedrock of most songs, they decide if ur song will hit or not..

David should also sack Danagog ,that one is better as a band boy
I think to a large extent u're right. One thing is to be able to play grooves, give some jazzy touches on the piano, another thing is to be creative and understand how to make hit beats. Those guys can play piano, but are not creative enough.
Re: Davido Signs Dammy Krane To His Record Label [PICS] by STANCIOUS(m): 2:28pm On Sep 18, 2016
Dami Krane Messed Up Bigtime. He is retarding. 4r HYPERTEK to DWM? Shame On Him.
Re: Davido Signs Dammy Krane To His Record Label [PICS] by Jacko1(m): 2:40pm On Sep 18, 2016
Matter of fact think about it

Dammy krane is very smart with this move

Davido will spend more on him than 2face eva would

Dammy knows davido is a cashcow

Nigga tryna get paid

He will get free jewelry

Free trips to the Usa

Free booze in clubs

Comon dammy d winner here.... Cos it will take at least a year b4 davido pressure him on single

And he going in as his biggest artiste jus like dat

2 Likes

Re: Davido Signs Dammy Krane To His Record Label [PICS] by Sharafawizkidayo(m): 2:46pm On Sep 18, 2016
eh no steady 4 music, today e go sing, 2morow e don disappear, anyway sha i hope to hear from him soon,congrates to him
Re: Davido Signs Dammy Krane To His Record Label [PICS] by SmileSomewhat(m): 2:50pm On Sep 18, 2016
Common, there's nothing bad if joining Davido's crew will contribute more help to his career. Most of you guys talkin' ish are still struggling in your chosen field, yet talking down another man's career decision.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Davido Signs Dammy Krane To His Record Label [PICS] by Kunlexxxx(m): 3:59pm On Sep 18, 2016
Zedoo:

Bros. Chop knuckle.... In the world dese days success/popularity means "sabi" to most people....

I mean we dey talk of DJ coublon...production...people dey call young John...na WA o....e no see pheelz call sef.
I tire o. He no call producers like Legendary Beats, LeriQ, Reinhard, Chopsticks, Ckay, beats by Jay, JFem etc
Re: Davido Signs Dammy Krane To His Record Label [PICS] by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2016
Lescott7:
Thought is record label name O.B.O records... Which one be davido worldwide?
I just tire o...wetin do Hkn? What's the essence of changing the label name to Babyo(sorry) Davido music world wide? This are just the clear sign's of egoism,
Re: Davido Signs Dammy Krane To His Record Label [PICS] by Dinocarex(m): 7:34pm On Sep 18, 2016
Jarizod:
This Dammy Krane no get shame + sense join..person wey suppose don build him own empire tey tey..just negodu
Its only in Nigeria that I see people floating their record labels anyhow. Record labels are to be done with structures. Beyonce, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Drake, Justin Beiber, Mariah Carey, Usher to mention a few are A-list singers. Do they have their own record label?? Being successful musically is not about floating record label as an artiste. Its greediness on the path of reoord label owners and management team that is making a lot of Nigerians float their record label.
The essence of record label is to have someone share the risk with you in period of uncertainty.

Nigerians should stop this craze of floating unstructured record labels here and there. Its not working!!

Kanye West onced signed a legendary rapper Q-tip. And to imagine Kanye West listened to Q-tip while growing up.

Having a record label is not a sign of a successful artiste. Record labels are just business deals!!!

1 Like

Re: Davido Signs Dammy Krane To His Record Label [PICS] by Dinocarex(m): 7:54pm On Sep 18, 2016
LorDBolton:

When I saw the nicki minaj song vid which they kissed I puked on behalf of hip hop (hip hop is misogynistic in a lovely way & also fiercely disrespectful a.k.a competitive) and the mumu crashed on both

Oga j.cole rose under jayz right? Why? Talent? Nah not just that... j.cole didn't accept mediocrity he went against jayz decision and put out a mixtape he did and has done a lot of things jay didn't sign off on... thats how u succeed, tyga blew up with rack city...after that wetin? Cos he kept suckering up to CM n Wayne. Even nicki signed artist rep deal with p.diddy(bad boy) why not with her label (y.m) or even c.m?

Have u seen j.cole do boy boy for jayz in any vid? Have u seen drake do boy boy for Wayne in any vid? Have u seen west do same for jay?

Go and bump west's first album n u will understand that when u 'believe' in ur abilities you push ur brand... krane never independently pushed his brand.

Hw many features did he do? Timaya don already drop the scope about importance of features in a song that year(dont remember)

Falz use features blow, kesh blew with a feature. Dammy krane failed to be a hypertek boy whilst befriending other artistes

I read you and I can bodly say you're myopic about Music business.. Knowing a lot about music doesn't mean you know the nitty-gritty of a music business. Record label sign artiste that they know will bring money to them (its all about business bro). If DMW didn't see Krane as a viable project. He wouldn't be signed.
Its only in this part of the world that we see owning a record label as an ingredient of being successful artistically or should I say musically!! With numerous record labels here in Nigeria, how many of them have structures.. ??

Having music labels is just a business deal not a sign of being successful. Beyonce doesn't have her own a record label so also Rihanna.

We need to stop this craze of floating pangolo (empty noise) record labels here and there.

Dammy Krane must have signed a record label with Hypertek but who is handling his management team? Having a great management team is better than having a great record label.
Management team projects the artiste beyond the music. Record label project the artirste's music.
Re: Davido Signs Dammy Krane To His Record Label [PICS] by ponti93(m): 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2016
Kunlexxxx:

I tire o. He no call producers like Legendary Beats, LeriQ, Reinhard, Chopsticks, Ckay, beats by Jay, JFem etc
talking about talented producers listen to this underground producer and you will be amazed https://www.nairaland.com/3334602/nigerian-super-talented-producer-drops
Re: Davido Signs Dammy Krane To His Record Label [PICS] by Thobiy(m): 10:48pm On Sep 18, 2016
IamNawty:
Nawa ooo.. He is out of 2face record label alrdy?? Wen he is not a crios fellow undecided

Dammy dat suppose to open his own record label by now..
Olorun majekin kobata fegbe
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Davido Signs Dammy Krane To His Record Label [PICS] by PromiseJonah(m): 11:42pm On Sep 18, 2016
negodu! what are you saying?

GoggleB:
Lil kesh wey enter industry before u don get hin own record label... nice move u get sense wey ur village people give you..
Re: Davido Signs Dammy Krane To His Record Label [PICS] by Olulinks(m): 12:06am On Sep 19, 2016
IamNawty:
Nawa ooo.. He is out of 2face record label alrdy?? Wen he is not a crios fellow undecided

You are good. But the guy na a good singer.
Re: Davido Signs Dammy Krane To His Record Label [PICS] by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:14am On Sep 19, 2016
Dinocarex:

Its only in Nigeria that I see people floating their record labels anyhow. Record labels are to be done with structures. Beyonce, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Drake, Justin Beiber, Mariah Carey, Usher to mention a few are A-list singers. Do they have their own record label?? Being successful musically is not about floating record label as an artiste. Its greediness on the path of reoord label owners and management team that is making a lot of Nigerians float their record label.
The essence of record label is to have someone share the risk with you in period of uncertainty.

Nigerians should stop this craze of floating unstructured record labels here and there. Its not working!!

Kanye West onced signed a legendary rapper Q-tip. And to imagine Kanye West listened to Q-tip while growing up.

Having a record label is not a sign of a successful artiste. Record labels are just business deals!!!
You made a salient point. Even the late Micheal jackson never had a record label but he was successful. In Nigeria now, they believed thst you aren't great until you own your record label. Wrong assumption.

1 Like

Re: Davido Signs Dammy Krane To His Record Label [PICS] by LorDBolton(m): 3:21am On Sep 19, 2016
Dinocarex:

I read you and I can bodly say you're myopic about Music business.. Knowing a lot about music doesn't mean you know the nitty-gritty of a music business. Record label sign artiste that they know will bring money to them (its all about business bro). If DMW didn't see Krane as a viable project. He wouldn't be signed.
Its only in this part of the world that we see owning a record label as an ingredient of being successful artistically or should I say musically!! With numerous record labels here in Nigeria, how many of them have structures.. ??

Having music labels is just a business deal not a sign of being successful. Beyonce doesn't have her own a record label so also Rihanna.

We need to stop this craze of floating pangolo (empty noise) record labels here and there.

Dammy Krane must have signed a record label with Hypertek but who is handling his management team? Having a great management team is better than having a great record label.
Management team projects the artiste beyond the music. Record label project the artirste's music.

I guess u didn't read this line in my post u quoted Even nicki signed artist rep deal with p.diddy(bad boy) why not with her label (y.m) or even c.m?

Oga i'm not ignorant about the American or naija music industry. And they're miles apart with different modus operandi but similar niches

Beyonce need not own a label-yet. most american artiste use their imprint to bring out more artiste(look @ Eminem record label for example) many people here do not even know the key roles A&R executives @ labels play so I found davido shouting out one useless A&R for bringing in dammy as laughable.

Now in naija owning your label means u now free not just artistically but economically to pursue endeavours and recoup as much from investment unlike record deals like kennis back then who handed out lopsided contracts that sap the economic life off their artistes.

That is why many artistes go and install studio equipment in their house and claim it is now a big record label lols

If u read my post without being myopic yourself you would understand my point was @ this stage in dammy's career he needs to be a leader not a follower & his entrepreneurial spirit suppose make am find funds start him own record label + network with other artistes #simple!

Why didn't lil kesh go and sign with davido or someone else? Yet he still rolls with them now he's sitting at the table of men as a CEO too...while still being part of ybnl managment team. That's strategic planning & execution.

You n I both know this krane guy has only moved from tuface boy boy to davido boy boy...Let's c how it works out.

I hope catapults his career sha.
Re: Davido Signs Dammy Krane To His Record Label [PICS] by blowjohn(m): 4:55am On Sep 19, 2016
LorDBolton:

Man! U have to apologize to the whole world for sayingvnas it's failure! How is he a failure? Bad the greatest? Someone CNN gave greatest lyricist of all time? Someone that's about to become a billionaire soon? Someone who has invested in chocolates made from bugs? Someone who's last album life is good was awesome and got a eating if 81 on metacritic? Have u seen the video of 'Nas album done, ' from DJ Khaled latest album released last week? A song that shows that the dude can murder virtually all rivals even today?
So he shouldn't kiss Nicki in a cameo? Don't u know that's just a sign to encourage the new breed? The only reason. Why j. Cole has a bit of independent mind is cos he's a Harvard graduate. U can't come out of Harvard University and allow other pples idea cloud urs Biko.
Whatever u say about dammy Kane is ur opinion. Just wanted to clear ur doubts about Nas

1 Like

Re: Davido Signs Dammy Krane To His Record Label [PICS] by LorDBolton(m): 9:53am On Sep 19, 2016
blowjohn:

Man! U have to apologize to the whole world for sayingvnas it's failure! How is he a failure? Bad the greatest? Someone CNN gave greatest lyricist of all time? Someone that's about to become a billionaire soon? Someone who has invested in chocolates made from bugs? Someone who's last album life is good was awesome and got a eating if 81 on metacritic? Have u seen the video of 'Nas album done, ' from DJ Khaled latest album released last week? A song that shows that the dude can murder virtually all rivals even today?
So he shouldn't kiss Nicki i[/b]n a cameo? Don't u know that's just a sign to encourage the new breed? The only reason. Why j. Cole has a bit of independent mind is cos he's a [b]Harvard graduate. U can't come out of Harvard University and allow other pples idea cloud urs Biko.
Whatever u say about dammy Kane is ur opinion. Just wanted to clear ur doubts about Nas

Omo bro if u been yarn all this crap where sure boys dey Omo drinks would have been on ur tab cos you just messed up badly.

CNN-- who d fcck is CNN in hip hop game? It's like olamide or m.i bragging about receiving an award from channels tv? Does CNN even play rap songz or music in general??

Nas bout to become a billi niqqa good for him , let's wait till it actually happens i'm sure u remember a couple of years back he couldn't afford kellis alimony n child support?

Now as for the nicki vid? Shey nas be video vixen ni? Same level with rhe game? Do u see other top cats being used by these NEW mc's?

As for j.cole oboi u be lai mohammed o... harvard ke? The harvard for Victoria Island abi? Hope not the one @ Boston sha lmao

Believe it or not I'm a Nas fan so it's not a diss whoever told him to venture out of music/entertainment did him a solid

1 Like

Re: Davido Signs Dammy Krane To His Record Label [PICS] by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:15pm On Sep 19, 2016
blowjohn:

So he shouldn't kiss Nicki in a cameo? Don't u know that's just a sign to encourage the new breed? The only reason. Why j. Cole has a bit of independent mind is cos he's a Harvard graduate. U can't come out of Harvard University and allow other pples idea cloud urs Biko.
Nas is my best rapper of all time. Nas's music is for intelligent people not dull people.
Re: Davido Signs Dammy Krane To His Record Label [PICS] by Temysteve(m): 12:41pm On Sep 19, 2016
IamNawty:

dis one wey dammy krane pack surpass shoes!!

1 Like

Re: Davido Signs Dammy Krane To His Record Label [PICS] by blowjohn(m): 6:06am On Sep 20, 2016
LorDBolton:

Omo bro if u been yarn all this crap where sure boys dey Omo drinks would have been on ur tab cos you just messed up badly.

CNN-- who d fcck is CNN in hip hop game? It's like olamide or m.i bragging about receiving an award from channels tv? Does CNN even play rap songz or music in general??

Nas bout to become a billi niqqa good for him , let's wait till it actually happens i'm sure u remember a couple of years back he couldn't afford kellis alimony n child support?

Now as for the nicki vid? Shey nas be video vixen ni? Same level with rhe game? Do u see other top cats being used by these NEW mc's?

As for j.cole oboi u be lai mohammed o... harvard ke? The harvard for Victoria Island abi? Hope not the one @ Boston sha lmao

Believe it or not I'm a Nas fan so it's not a diss whoever told him to venture out of music/entertainment did him a solid

Sorry for the Harvard info. That was wrong. But go thru all bad discography and then read this:
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/01/05/showbiz/rapper-nas-turns-40/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Flavour Puts Microphone In His Undies On Stage (photo) / Adesua Etomi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) / Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.