Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,846 members, 7,806,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Crop For Plantin Btwn Oct Nd January - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Crop For Plantin Btwn Oct Nd January (4123 Views)

A 5.5acres Modern Farm (poultry And Crop Farm) For Sale In Ibadan15m Neg / Access Ogun State Grants For Crop Farmers / Sustainable Cultivation Of GINGER/TURMERIC: The Golden Crop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crop For Plantin Btwn Oct Nd January by sodiquisty(m): 7:06am On Sep 18, 2016
Pls can i still plant maize or what crop can i plant btwn the month of october to january..
Am jst an amateur farmer in need of help..
Re: Crop For Plantin Btwn Oct Nd January by SUPERPACK: 3:47pm On Sep 18, 2016
sodiquisty:
Pls can i still plant maize or what crop can i plant btwn the month of october to january..
yes if u will use an irrigation system.

1 Like

Re: Crop For Plantin Btwn Oct Nd January by Kalusam(m): 10:45pm On Sep 20, 2016
sodiquisty:
Maize is good but planting indigenous vegetables (Ugu, water leaf, green and red amaranth, chochorus-ewedu.) using effective irrigation systems is the real deal this dry season. All you need do is start as much as your money can manage successfully and smile every week!
Re: Crop For Plantin Btwn Oct Nd January by michodemic(m): 9:11am On Sep 21, 2016
Kalusam:
Maize is good but planting indigenous vegetables (Ugu, water leaf, green and red amaranth, chochorus-ewedu.) using effective irrigation systems is the real deal this dry season. All you need do is start as much as your money can manage successfully and smile every week!

@Kalusam, please I want to be direct as possible and sorry for that. How much can 100 seeds of ugu generate every month. I have small space as well as little budget for farming it besides the fact that ugu seeds are slightly expensive this period. Thanks for your insight in advance.
Re: Crop For Plantin Btwn Oct Nd January by Kalusam(m): 8:48pm On Sep 21, 2016
The candid and direct answer is this...nobody knows for certain! Successful Ugu farming is based on proper watering and shading during the fist few weeks, effective pruning and subsequent routine maintenance, manuring weeding and effective watering.
michodemic:

@Kalusam, please I want to be direct as possible and sorry for that. How much can 100 seeds of ugu generate every month. I have small space as well as little budget for farming it besides the fact that ugu seeds are slightly expensive this period. Thanks for your insight in advance.

1 Like

Re: Crop For Plantin Btwn Oct Nd January by Munzy14(m): 10:35am On Sep 22, 2016
sodiquisty:
go for vegetables bro. tomatoes,ugu, green amaranth,waterleaf, scent leaf, etc. this vegetables are always on high demand.year in year out. i bet you can't meet up with demands. check up my farm @staraysfarm on facebook. you can watsaap me for teaching.07069500419
Re: Crop For Plantin Btwn Oct Nd January by pat077: 11:40am On Sep 22, 2016
Thinking of planting cassava next month. I will like to know which crop i can mix with it on the same land without irrigation.
Re: Crop For Plantin Btwn Oct Nd January by Ondedot47: 2:06pm On Sep 22, 2016
please kalu I was thinking of maize farming, from sometime in november; are saying it may not be such a good idea
Re: Crop For Plantin Btwn Oct Nd January by Ondedot47: 2:12pm On Sep 22, 2016
@munzy14 my fear has always been whether or not the crops are safe. I've always wondered if the locals will not steal from the farm
Re: Crop For Plantin Btwn Oct Nd January by Munzy14(m): 4:29pm On Sep 22, 2016
Ondedot47:
@munzy14 my fear has always been whether or not the crops are safe. I've always wondered if the locals will not steal from the farm
u also involve a security services.to ward them off.
Re: Crop For Plantin Btwn Oct Nd January by Kalusam(m): 6:33pm On Sep 22, 2016
Please dont grow anything without irrigation, especially maize! They will all die off with the scorching sun and lack of water and even if they manage to survive they will have stunted growth and poor/unmarketable yield!
Ondedot47:
please kalu I was thinking of maize farming, from sometime in november; are saying it may not be such a good idea
Re: Crop For Plantin Btwn Oct Nd January by pat077: 12:36am On Sep 24, 2016
Kalusam:
Please dont grow anything without irrigation, especially maize! They will all die off with the scorching sun and lack of water and even if they manage to survive they will have stunted growth and poor/unmarketable yield!
what if one plants tomatoes or okro this period without irrigation
Re: Crop For Plantin Btwn Oct Nd January by pat077: 12:37am On Sep 24, 2016
Munzy14:

go for vegetables bro. tomatoes,ugu, green amaranth,waterleaf, scent leaf, etc. this vegetables are always on high demand.year in year out. i bet you can't meet up with demands. check up my farm @staraysfarm on facebook. you can watsaap me for teaching.07069500419
is it advisable to plant tomatoes now without irrigation?
Re: Crop For Plantin Btwn Oct Nd January by Kalusam(m): 11:46am On Sep 24, 2016
pat077:
what if one plants tomatoes or okro this period without irrigation
Then don't be ready to harvest anything meaningful! #simpleandshort

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter / Drip Irrigation For Millennial Farmers (1000sqm With Accessories) / Advise Me On My Poultry Waste

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.