Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

My Pastor Taught On Curses And Now Am Contradicted, Please I Need Clarity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Pastor Taught On Curses And Now Am Contradicted, Please I Need Clarity (568 Views)

Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. / My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service / "Insult The Prophet TB Joshua & Evoke Curses Upon Yourself" - Fan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Pastor Taught On Curses And Now Am Contradicted, Please I Need Clarity by rectitude(m): 3:26pm On Sep 18, 2016
As shared on www.fixmeblog.com

Dear fixmeblog, my name is Osas, i went to church today and my pastor spoke about curses, he said there are different types of curses which he mentioned about four, but I’ll major on just two, which are

-Generational curse and

-curse of seed time and harvest.

About generational curse, he said it is

a curse moving from one generation unto another.

For curse of seed time and harvest, he said this are the curses we cause by ourselves, and because the bible says “seed time and harvest will never cease”, it will affect us or our children. But in my church in school, my pastors said we are free from curses, that no curse can work against us.so this is contradicting to me. Please I need clarity.

To share life's issues or ask any question, go to www.fixmeblog.com...certainly, you'll be fixed
Re: My Pastor Taught On Curses And Now Am Contradicted, Please I Need Clarity by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 18, 2016
The bible says "a curse without a cause" shall not arise. Which means there are causes that bring curses. But a curse is just a negative prayer.

It would be generational if it does not stop with one person. For example, there are bloodlines which have withered spirits some family members are born with withered limbs. Do you know there are tormenting spirits? Just one spirit tormenting a person into madness. Like Saul. Have you wondered why psychologists say schizophrenia is inherited from genes?

They all have to start with one person, which you refer to seed time and harvest. All things men do have consequences according to their nature. Not just after death. The worst consequences are in this lifetime.

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Taught On Curses And Now Am Contradicted, Please I Need Clarity by otemanuduno: 6:45pm On Sep 18, 2016
The first pastor was probably led to speak by the kind of the Holy Spirit that leads Muafrika2 and 4evergod, while the second pastor spoke by the leading of the kind of Holy Spirit that leads Mrzenographer and Winner01.

Holy Spirit and double-mouth are like 5 and 6 cheesy
Re: My Pastor Taught On Curses And Now Am Contradicted, Please I Need Clarity by jookunlaja(m): 10:35pm On Sep 18, 2016
generational curses or inherited curses subject is one of d gray a areas where many Christians differ.
you find out dat d doctrine is different from Church to Church.
While churches like mfm,winners, rccg,african independent churches believe dis many new generation churches believe dat once u are born again all old things have passed away and all things have become new.
well,it depends on d angle u are looking at it.
And yr spiritual encounters with God.Bro Gbile akanni has always been talking dat mfm Olukoya is preaching wrong doctrine.in fact,i have listened to many pastors on d topic & I still think each one is right depending on yr orientation.
Three blind men will have different opinions about describing an elephant depending on d part of d body each one is touching n feeling.one says it's like a rope n another it's like a trunk of a tree n another says it's like a wall if touching d stomach area.
Personally, I think we all have different salvation experiences. However,some are slow in entering into d fullness of Christ where curses can't touch or a ffect you anymore because u have touch something in God dat those powers can't touch while some are very fast n before long they have gone very fast.
it's like d baptism of d Holy spirit or Holiness. some can be born again today & get d blessings a t d same moment while some may not get d blessings for years. that why u see some pastors who still lie,cheat and do all kinds of dirty thing's because they have not appropriated d blessings available in d death & resurrection of Christ for their deliverance.But believe me a new convert can enter dat realm at d point of salvation.
I still personally believe dat many Africans have these experiences of curses because of our background of idol worship & human sacrifices.
if u abort before born again, God will surely forgive & forget but do you mean dat any injury or damage to yr womb will just disappear because u are born again. or if u incur d wrath of yr parents by dishonouring them. Even yr parents may not need to curse u because u have gone against a potent spiritual law which applies whether you are born again or not.
you need to make right d wrong by repentance n restitution.If u defraud someone before u met jesus, though God has forgiven you but if police catch you,will they not arrest you or will d owner of d money not bother again but say ha ha dat 419 boy is born again o,let me forget because God has forgiven him o. d bank where you borrow and did not pay back will not say ha, this guy is born again let's not ask him to refund our loan.
so my own pastor said dat curses are d natural results for something you did wrong.
to be continued

(1) (Reply)

Sleep Paralysis Vs Demonic Oppression / Emir Says He Is A Muslim And He Loves Jesus Christ / Who Is The Most Popular Nigerian Pastor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.