Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo (17171 Views)

VIDEO: Riky Rick – Murdah Ft. Davido & Gemini Major / Startimes Nigeria Secrets: Decoder Price, Bouquets, App, Channels, And More / GOTV Or STARTIMES, Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo by Sllime: 4:38pm On Sep 18, 2016
I have used this decoder for a while now and decided to do a comprehensive write up about it as the popularity about it is low. Startimes introduction of the 2-in-1 combo decoder is a part of drastic preparation for the digital migration era in Nigeria.

This new product, the first in Africa, is equipped with the latest decoder technology to combine effectively, for the first time, the features of both digital terrestrial and digital satellite television technologies on a single device.

Interestingly, this new combo decoder works with both antenna and dish and offers channels on both for the price of one. It also grants customers access to over 100 channels across the genres with an enhanced high definition picture quality. Channels ranges from: ST Yoruba, irokoworld, irokoplay Amc movies, ST Zone, Orisun, ST Yoruba, and Bollywood channels like Star Plus and Zee Cinema. Music channels like ST music, Nigezie and MTV Base; documentary channels like IDX, Nat Geo Gold and Discovery science; news channels – Al Jazeera and Bloomberg; ST Novela, Wazobia, Fox; Jim Jam, Nickelodeon, Baby TV, Fine Living and many more,

The desire is to offer multiple accesses to subscribers to enjoy both digital terrestrial and digital satellite television channels and offerings on the same decoder and grant ease of access to switch between the options conveniently .

Digital DTT and DTH has comparative advantages but with combo, StarTimes subscribers enjoys the combined strength of both. DTT is embraced as a model for its affordability, low weather interference, portability, more local channels, easy to set up and mobile friendly while DTH is desired for its sharper and clearer images, higher number of international channels, resilience and widespread strength in remote areas

Features include:
- Advanced HD picture quality
- Exciting user friendly interface
- Stronger signal reception come rain and sunshine
- Flexibility with antennae or dish Suppor
- Hardware Decoding of HEVC at 1080p60
- Simple Remote Control
-Integrated Electronic programme guide
-Automatic software upgrade

The Package includes:
-Startimes Gemini
-Remote control
-AAA batteries
- External AC/DC power adaptor with surge protection
-RCA extension cable
-Quick guide
-One year guarranty on product. New one will be given out if anything at all happens to product within a year of purchase
-One month free subscription worth 3,600.

I will be leaving the thread open to attend to all startimes querries in my spare time. So feel free to drop your complaints and querries. Criticism and advise is also welcome, thats what improves every business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea2BFXqVCKo

Ref: Punch, August 9,2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo by segebobo: 4:46pm On Sep 18, 2016
How much is it?
Does this mean one can subscribe to dish & antennae packages separately?
Thanks
Re: What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo by psucc(m): 4:47pm On Sep 18, 2016
How much?
Re: What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo by eljp(m): 6:15pm On Sep 18, 2016
How much is d monthly subscription? Cost of decoder? What are d children channels?
Re: What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo by Sllime: 9:22pm On Sep 18, 2016
segebobo:
How much is it?
Does this mean one can subscribe to dish & antennae packages separately?
Thanks

The cost is 9,900 presently. It comes with the decoder, complete dish and accessories
Re: What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo by Sllime: 9:30pm On Sep 18, 2016
psucc:
How much?

It is 9,900 sir
Re: What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo by Sllime: 9:37pm On Sep 18, 2016
eljp:
How much is d monthly subscription?
Cost of decoder?
What are d children channels?

Monthly subscription are:
Nova: 800
Smart: 1,800
Super: 3,600. Note, the higher you pay, the more channel access.

Decoder is 9,900 sir. It comes with the complete dish and accessories.

The children channels are:Jim Jam, Nickelodeon, Baby TV, Child Smile, POP etc
Re: What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo by olu98: 9:19am On Sep 19, 2016
What about football channels?
Re: What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo by Sllime: 7:19pm On Sep 19, 2016
olu98:
What about football channels?

There are sports channels present...NTA sports, Sports Arena, Sports Premium, Sports Life, World football. Startimes also got partial broadcasting right for English premiership, apart from Bundesliga, Ligue 1 and Seria A. Startimes shows one live priemership match every weekend.
Re: What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo by psucc(m): 8:16pm On Sep 20, 2016
Does that coat cover installation?
Re: What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo by Sllime: 8:17pm On Sep 20, 2016
psucc:
Does that coat cover installation?

It does not
Re: What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo by mach7(m): 9:17pm On Sep 21, 2016
I am really enjoying the Combo decoder with very clear HD picture quality.
OP, you missed Sports Focus (part of the sports channels). It also has Eurosport News, Fox Sports and Fox Sports 2.
I am surprised that it doesn't show champions league as Fox Sports 2 has the right to broadcast Uefa matches. If you are watching online, you will notice that most of the viewing sites are broadcasting the match via Fox Sports
Re: What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo by Sllime: 10:30pm On Sep 21, 2016
Thanks bro for helping out. I do have a busy schedule and most times might not give the full details out to each enquiry.

Yes it cannot show Champions League till it acquires the right to do that. A lot of things are involved in pay television business. Presently, startimes only acquired partial right and can show some English Premeirship Matches Live.
Re: What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo by Pasblack(m): 10:24pm On Mar 23, 2017
Nice thread.... Would advice me to go for this combo over Gotv?
Re: What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo by skywalker240(m): 4:55pm On Apr 08, 2017
Why don't they televise champions league or alot of the premier league actions... Really tired of DSTV and their heavy subscriptions
Re: What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo by Sllime: 9:51am On Apr 22, 2017
Pasblack:
Nice thread.... Would advice me to go for this combo over Gotv?

Your money, your choice sir
Re: What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo by Sllime: 9:53am On Apr 22, 2017
skywalker240:
Why don't they televise champions league or alot of the premier league actions... Really tired of DSTV and their heavy subscriptions

Mukticoice has exclusive right for that..however Startimes have partial right and you can enjoy one live match every weekend
Re: What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo by jarrot(m): 11:06pm On May 11, 2017
please are there some free to air channels on the combo decoder? planning on picking up one soon.
Re: What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo by Nickizoe(f): 10:46am On May 12, 2017
Still looking forward to the day you guys will have the right to televise champion's league and premier league , CBS and FOX ..also Disney..

That day i will burn and trash my DSTV.

Still cool.
Re: What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:40pm On Nov 07, 2017
Sllime:

There are sports channels present...NTA sports, Sports Arena, Sports Premium, Sports Life, World football. Startimes also got partial broadcasting right for English premiership, apart from Bundesliga, Ligue 1 and Seria A. Startimes shows one live priemership match every weekend.

I presently use the white decoders for starsat ... Wants this but not sure of the difference between both beyond the antenna and dish convergence.

Can you just let me know something more about this combo decoders ... Is the NTA sport HD cause I rarely watch it on this white one because of the picture quality.

Are the satellite channels all HD. I ask because an agent told me some I was curious how that was possible.
Re: What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 08, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

I presently use the white decoders for starsat ... Wants this but not sure of the difference between both beyond the antenna and dish convergence.

Can you just let me know something more about this combo decoders ... Is the NTA sport HD cause I rarely watch it on this white one because of the picture quality.

Are the satellite channels all HD. I ask because an agent told me some I was curious how that was possible.

Not all are HD, but it is very clear...

U might not spot the difference between the HD and SD channels...
Re: What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo by Nodogragra4me(m): 12:02pm On Nov 08, 2017
Dreamswayne:

Alright, I'm going to buy it ... I use dish and I live in Calabar. With this combo can I access my state, Anambra, broadcasting service here if I activate the terrestrial component with antennas
Re: What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 08, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

Alright, I'm going to buy it ... I use dish and I live in Calabar. With this combo can I access my state, Anambra, broadcasting service here if I activate the terrestrial component with antennas

Well, am not sure of that...

But can you rephrase ur question so i can understand it better?
Re: What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo by Nodogragra4me(m): 3:07pm On Nov 10, 2017
Dreamswayne:

Well, am not sure of that...

But can you rephrase ur question so i can understand it better?

If I add the antennae would I be able to receive ABS Akwa, here in calabar
Re: What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 10, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

If I add the antennae would I be able to receive ABS Akwa, here in calabar

Well, i don't think so because i don't live in calabar...

But, you can try though, it might work...

Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo by atitebi(m): 2:09pm On Dec 26, 2017
Pls, how big is the dish? what is the size of the dish to be given?
Re: What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 26, 2017
atitebi:
Pls, how big is the dish? what is the size of the dish to be given?
i think its 75cm...
Re: What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo by DeveloperSam(m): 6:50pm On Jan 02, 2018
Dreamswayne:

Which channels are in HD please?
Cc: Sllime
Re: What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo by Sllime: 10:33am On Jan 28, 2018
As part of our promise to give every African home quality entertainment at an affordable price, We introduce the Pay-Per-Day subscription plan which will enable our esteemed customers to either Pay Per Day, Pay Per Week or Pay Per Month effective from November 1st 2017.

Re: What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo by kio052001(m): 4:04pm On Feb 03, 2018
can it play movies from flash drive
Re: What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo by Sllime: 9:39pm On Feb 11, 2018
kio052001:
can it play movies from flash drive

No sir.
Re: What You Should Know About The New Startimes Gemini Combo by kio052001(m): 11:01pm On Feb 11, 2018
Sllime:

No sir.
thanks

so I better just stick to my HD decoder

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nancy Isime Double In Shanty Town Exposed (18+) / FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) / #bbnaija: Khloe Wins Head Of House!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.