Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,520 members, 7,801,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Am Gradually Loosing It - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am Gradually Loosing It (14782 Views)

Please I Need Help!!! I Am Dying Gradually / Help My Man Is Loosing It / Somethings That Are Gradually Fading Away From Our Homes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Gradually Loosing It by WINNERMENTALITY: 10:45pm On Sep 18, 2016
What is happening to me, everyday I keep loosing it.. My head can't hold a thought for real, its not short term memory but over filled mind. Keep doing one mistake to another. Every home I have lived since I was 11, they have complained about this and am 26 now. My head is always full thinking, fantasying on one thing or the other. The only time I do have a calm mind is after waking up from a nap. I can't interact with people because my head is either in one thing or the other. The only thing I have advantage is when the matter at hand is about what am thinking presently.

I don't know what to term what is happening to me, But am gradually loosing it. Lived in about ten homes and now with my aunt and his husband is looking at me as if I am stubborn and he keep threatening if a little thing happens. I am scared of myself right now, don't even know what error I have done the last minute and only few people understand my condition. I am addicted to thoughts.

My childhood fantasy lifestyle has gotten a larger part of my brain and since then I became scared of myself,always looking for who to guard and direct me. I don't do girlfriends, I don't smoke, I don't drink, am not that dull as a person but can't have a calm mind.

Have been religious for a long time and the solution is not coming forth. The next thing on my mind is stay away from people especially people I know (family members) and know whether if in-dependency can make me forget or atleast put my attention away from this rar condition.

I don't know what is happening to me, I am loosing it gradually.

Pls I will entertain any solution...Am pissed off now of myself.

1 Like

Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 18, 2016
Meditation is a powerful tool. It can help you get hold of the pace and direction of your thoughts. The longer you practice it (15-20 minutes ever day will do), the easier it will be for you to deliberately quiet your mind almost any time you want to.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by blessedvisky(m): 11:02pm On Sep 18, 2016
You need a tasking job that will take your mind of thoughts. I suggest bricklaying

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by WINNERMENTALITY: 11:05pm On Sep 18, 2016
blessedvisky:
You need a tasking job that will take your mind of thoughts. I suggest bricklaying
like a laborer.. Pls explain
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by spawnx: 11:27pm On Sep 18, 2016
There is noting wrong with you. You might just have ADHD. www.webmd.com/add-adhd/guide/adhd-guide-symptoms-types

2 Likes

Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 18, 2016
Some people are naturally like that doesn't mean anything is wrong with them and I doubt anything is wrong with you. You need to train yourself to focus, whenever you feel your attention going then try to bring it back remind yourself how important it is for you to concentrate on what is happening.

Sorry about the situation bro. I'm developed countries they have drugs like Ritalin or Adderall to help people with attention deficit disorder (which I believe you have). But in Nigeria they will just accuse you of thinking too much, saying all manner of funny things as well, ("wetin you dey think sef, na only you dey suffer for this life?? "wink lmao.

Sorry sha. If you have a friend that is in the medical field and can get his hands on the drugs I mentioned then ask for his help cos they work wonders. Otherwise train yourself.. Practice makes perfect, you might not see immediate results with training but with consistent reinforcement you will get better.

Goodluck.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by blessedvisky(m): 11:33pm On Sep 18, 2016
WINNERMENTALITY:
like a laborer.. Pls explain
It will keep you busy cool

1 Like

Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by stiles009(m): 1:25am On Sep 19, 2016
Op ADHD is probably what u have. Its not curable but can be put at bay with certain drugs especially stimulant drugs. See a doctor or psychologist for proper diagnosis.
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a mental disorder of the neurodevelopmental type. It is characterized by problems paying attention, excessive activity, or difficulty controlling behavior which is not appropriate for a person's age.

3 Likes

Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by WINNERMENTALITY: 7:14am On Sep 19, 2016
fellis:
Some people are naturally like that doesn't mean anything is wrong with them and I doubt anything is wrong with you. You need to train yourself to focus, whenever you feel your attention going then try to bring it back remind yourself how important it is for you to concentrate on what is happening.

Sorry about the situation bro. I'm developed countries they have drugs like Ritalin or Adderall to help people with attention deficit disorder (which I believe you have). But in Nigeria they will just accuse you of thinking too much, saying all manner of funny things as well, ("wetin you dey think sef, na only you dey suffer for this life?? "wink lmao.

Sorry sha. If you have a friend that is in the medical field and can get his hands on the drugs I mentioned then ask for his help cos they work wonders. Otherwise train yourself.. Practice makes perfect, you might not see immediate results with training but with consistent reinforcement you will get better.

Goodluck.
Thanks Bro... Hw can I get to reach your friend... My number is 08094598686
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by WINNERMENTALITY: 7:25am On Sep 19, 2016
stiles009:
Op ADHD is probably what u have. Its not curable but can be put at bay with certain drugs especially stimulant drugs. See a doctor or psychologist for proper diagnosis.
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a mental disorder of the neurodevelopmental type. It is characterized by problems paying attention, excessive activity, or difficulty controlling behavior which is not appropriate for a person's age.
Can I get this drugs in Nigeria
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by WINNERMENTALITY: 7:55am On Sep 19, 2016
spawnx:
There is noting wrong with you. You might just have ADHD.
www.webmd.com/add-adhd/guide/adhd-guide-symptoms-types
Yes it is ADHD, All what I read there speaks volume of what am experiencing....

Is not that It started naturally but i learnt it from somebody when I was small (6-9yrs). The guy that I learnt it from is now a doctor but whenever he is alone, he talks to himself (moving his lips).. Mine has not gotten to that stage. He is the most misunderstood person in his family like me but the difference is that he have a family(father and Mother) But I don't have.

1 Like

Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 19, 2016
WINNERMENTALITY:

Thanks Bro... Hw can I get to reach your friend... My number is 08094598686

I said if you have a friend in the medical field, ask him. Didn't say I have a friend you can ask.
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by WINNERMENTALITY: 8:56am On Sep 19, 2016
fellis:

I said if you have a friend in the medical field, ask him. Didn't say I have a friend you can ask.
sorry bro.. I misunderstood
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by stiles009(m): 4:24pm On Sep 19, 2016
WINNERMENTALITY:

Can I get this drugs in Nigeria

Yes... But u need to see a doctor to know which of the drugs will best suit ur system. Not everyone with ADHD are prescribed stimulant. Some are adviced to use anti-depressents due to various reasons.
My point is, see a doctor or psychologist b4 taking drugs.

2 Likes

Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by spawnx: 5:16pm On Sep 19, 2016
If I may ask, what kinda of career path are you?
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 19, 2016
WINNERMENTALITY:
What is happening to me, everyday I keep loosing it.. My head can't hold a thought for real, its not short term memory but over filled mind. Keep doing one mistake to another. Every home I have lived since I was 11, they have complained about this and am 26 now. My head is always full thinking, fantasying on one thing or the other. The only time I do have a calm mind is after waking up from a nap. I can't interact with people because my head is either in one thing or the other. The only thing I have advantage is when the matter at hand is about what am thinking presently.

I don't know what to term what is happening to me, But am gradually loosing it. Lived in about ten homes and now with my aunt and his husband is looking at me as if I am stubborn and he keep threatening if a little thing happens. I am scared of myself right now, don't even know what error I have done the last minute and only few people understand my condition. I am addicted to thoughts.

My childhood fantasy lifestyle has gotten a larger part of my brain and since then I became scared of myself,always looking for who to guard and direct me. I don't do girlfriends, I don't smoke, I don't drink, am not that dull as a person but can't have a calm mind.

Have been religious for a long time and the solution is not coming forth. The next thing on my mind is stay away from people especially people I know (family members) and know whether if in-dependency can make me forget or atleast put my attention away from this rar condition.

I don't know what is happening to me, I am loosing it gradually.

Pls I will entertain any solution...Am pissed off now of myself.

ok. but you do know there are professionals ; psychiatrist or psychologist who can handle your issues?

This is not a debate or opinion seeking problem and unfortunately, Nairaland is not quora. we could be bricklayers giving you advice or just got discharged from yaba left.

5 Likes

Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by WINNERMENTALITY: 6:51pm On Sep 19, 2016
spawnx:
If I may ask, what kinda of career path are you?
Am still in school studying Business Admin but as it stands I have more feel for technical equipment .. So that's why I might dump my career course and move into computer science or anything technical related.

1 Like

Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 19, 2016
blessedvisky:

grin grin grin
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by blessedvisky(m): 7:15pm On Sep 19, 2016
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by Richy4(m): 10:34pm On Sep 19, 2016
What you have is called Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder ADHD.

Medication can help decrease ADHD in Adult and Children... not every person with ADHD take the same drug...so the doctor is the best person to see to give u a better option...

Assuming it's me, i will just jump online, make some research about ADHD, the treatment and how to manage it.....

There's nothing that has never happened to anyone before in this world. everything under this planet now is online. just google it....

1 Like

Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by spawnx: 12:14am On Sep 21, 2016
WINNERMENTALITY:
Am still in school studying Business Admin but as it stands I have more feel for technical equipment .. So that's why I might dump my career course and move into computer science or anything technical related.

Slow down. Haven't you put some years into the Biz Admin? You could try your hands on some technical courses when on break and build on it. You have a beautiful mind and can be whatever you want, try focusing. Also the internet is available. Digest information and educate yourself. It will come handy.
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by Nobody: 3:47am On Sep 21, 2016
WINNERMENTALITY:

See a neuripsychiatrist. Do it in secret if you are shy, it doesn't mean you are crazy, it's just that it's better for a neuripsychiatrist to treat you cos they will know better which drugs are better suited for you. Ordinary doctors are not as knowledgeable as neuropsychiatrists when it comes it treating ADD/ADHD.

Like someone said they might give you stimulants or antidepressants. I think antidepressants are better suited for ADD than stimulants but just see an expert instead of continuing with the distress and difficulties you are facing

Goodluck.
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by WINNERMENTALITY: 6:19am On Sep 21, 2016
fellis:

Do it in secret if you are shy, it doesn't mean you are crazy, it's just that it's better for a neuripsychiatrist to treat you cos they will know better which drugs are better suited for you. Ordinary doctors are not as knowledgeable as neuropsychiatrists when it comes it treating ADD/ADHD.

Like someone said they might give you stimulants or antidepressants. I think antidepressants are better suited for ADD than stimulants but just see an expert instead of continuing with the distress and difficulties you are facing

Goodluck.

Getting one here in Nigeria is hard as you don't know where to see them and most of them heRe claim profession they know nothing abt. Met some few doctors and none mentioned ADHD

1 Like

Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by WINNERMENTALITY: 6:24am On Sep 21, 2016
spawnx:

Slow down. Haven't you put some years into the Biz Admin? You could try your hands on some technical courses when on break and build on it. You have a beautiful mind and can be whatever you want, try focusing. Also the internet is available. Digest information and educate yourself. It will come handy.
Thanks Bro...If I can get to know any of those technical course very well it will be helpfull
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by gidjah(m): 7:10am On Sep 21, 2016
Average people with ADHD syndrome are brilliant,so you should be on your 2.1 now abi?mine was mild she,way back but over with such now,been close to god really helped me,got a friend and a business partner who also is in to this syndrome,the guy na die hard book witch?,his lecturers fear him. Die.pls go look for a psychologist or psychiatrist,they have a better knowledge,you too should stop threatening your benefactors o,you should struggle to keep yourself under,don't allow them to hate you and wanna stop training you.

1 Like

Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 21, 2016
WINNERMENTALITY:

Getting one here in Nigeria is hard as you don't know where to see them and most of them heRe claim profession they know nothing abt. Met some few doctors and none mentioned ADHD
Which type of doctors did you meet?
Neuropsychiatrists of ordinary physicians?
What problems did they tell you you are suffering from?

I could have recommended some hospitals to you but I don't know where you live.
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by WINNERMENTALITY: 8:09am On Sep 21, 2016
fellis:

Which type of doctors did you meet?
Neuropsychiatrists of ordinary physicians?
What problems did they tell you you are suffering from?

I could have recommended some hospitals to you but I don't know where you live.
I live in Lagos. If any recommend.
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 21, 2016
WINNERMENTALITY:

I live in Lagos. If any recommend.

I only know of Federal Neuropsychiatric hospital Yaba, Lagos.

Try that one.

How are your symptoms?
Are you the calm type or are you excitable and find it difficult to stay in one place because if you are the calm type they are likely to give you antidepressants

1 Like

Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by WINNERMENTALITY: 9:46am On Sep 21, 2016
fellis:

I only know of Federal Neuropsychiatric hospital Yaba, Lagos.

Try that one.

How are your symptoms?
Are you the calm type or are you excitable and find it difficult to stay in one place because if you are the calm type they are likely to give you antidepressants
Am only calm when I have something interested I am focusing on. I mean overly calm that u might need to call my name twice or three times before I can answer. Then when what am doing or thinking gets boring staying one place is a war. Sometimes I do walk around the house for abt 10-20mins before can I recall what am doing or what to do. Fidgeting in church and Lecture room is a norm . Keeping conversation with people is hard because anytime the discussion get boring my mood changes and if I stay long there I will start misbehaving or talking out of point.
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 21, 2016
WINNERMENTALITY:

Am only calm when I have something interested I am focusing on. I mean overly calm that u might need to call my name twice or three times before I can answer. Then when what am doing or thinking gets boring staying one place is a war. Sometimes I do walk around the house for abt 10-20mins before can I recall what am doing or what to do. Fidgeting in church and Lecture room is a norm . Keeping conversation with people is hard because anytime the discussion get boring my mood changes and if I stay long there I will start misbehaving or talking out of point.

OK it's more likely ADHD not ADD.

Try to go to the hospital I suggested asap to get treatment and make your life easier
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by Nobody: 1:44am On Sep 22, 2016
Try to make out time for yourself which involves you meditating.
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by Acidosis(m): 4:50am On Sep 22, 2016
...even if you make any attempt to get the drug, nobody will sell to you without due prescription from a Doctor. It is not paracetamol anyone can buy over the counter. So listen to what others have said about the need to see a professional.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fathers Day: Say A Wish To A Father / The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? / What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.