Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,464 members, 7,801,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools (19403 Views)

Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus / Yoruba Language Bill: Lagos Schools Risk N500k Fine, Closure For Non-compliance / Muslim Clerics At Osun School To Enforce Hijab On School Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by Shaev7(m): 5:44am On Sep 19, 2016
*ANCOPSS urges principals to allow students wear hijab

By Monsur Olowoopejo

Lagos—As Lagos schools resume today, the Lagos State Area Unit of Muslim Students’ Society of Nigeria, MSSN, has warned Tutor-Generals/Permanent Secretaries, principals and teachers, to adhere to the Appeal Court judgement granting the right to wear hijab in public schools in the state.

This came two months after the Court of Appeal granted the right to wear hijab in all public primary and secondary schools in Lagos State, interpreting that sections 38 and 42 of the 1999 Constitution of Nigeria (as amended) guarantees the fundamental human right of wearing hijab.

Also, the All Nigeria Conference of Principals of Secondary Schools, ANCOPSS, has asked members not to direct students to remove or seize hijab.

Amir of the MSSN, Lagos State, Mr. Saheed Ashafa, who gave the warning, yesterday, in a statement, insisted that students should neither be punished, harassed nor victimised for wearing hijab within and outside the school premises.

He stated that: “Though, we do not expect any teacher to act to the contrary, if they do, we urge our members to ensure that they resist removing the hijab with their own hands. They should ensure that the teacher or overzealous principal do it themselves. And after any of the education stakeholders does that, he or she should be prepared for legal and mass actions.”

Reminding the stakeholders that the right to wear hijab has been granted in Lagos State-owned public schools, Ashafa said: “It will not be fair for any tutor-general, principal or teacher to order any student to remove their hijab; such action amount to committing contempt of court.

The statement read: “A situation where a principal or teacher will be seen punishing, threatening, assaulting or harassing a student for wearing hijab, after the judiciary has granted it, will amount to not only contempt of court but a betrayal of literacy, ridiculing of education and an abuse of reasoning.

“We plead that all the stakeholders in education should be law abiding and practicalise what they have been teaching us as students. We commend our teachers for their efforts from inception and hope that as students’ resume, they will not demonstrate to us how to disobey the constitution and judiciary.”

ANCOPSS urges principals to allow students wear hijab

Meanwhile, the All Nigeria Conference of Principals of Secondary Schools (ANCOPSS), has asked members not to direct student to remove or seize hijab from student.

Vanguard gathered that the directive was stated in a circular sent to principals of secondary schools in the state.

Sources said the principals were directed to concentrate on their primary responsibilities of teaching and effective supervision of the students and leave religion issues.

Speaking to the National president of ANCOPSS, Mr. Anselm Izuagie, said “I will get back to you tomorrow on the issue.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/hijab-obey-court-order-muslims-warn-lagos-schools/

8 Likes

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:44am On Sep 19, 2016
[b]nice one... today is my birthday.... and i need 100 likes in this comment.. make u na show me love.,... happy birthday to me.. grin grin grin[/b]

134 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by zubby55(m): 6:45am On Sep 19, 2016
It wount work

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by DavSagacity(m): 6:46am On Sep 19, 2016
Here We go again. Our people are yet to learn from what's happening in the state of Osun . Anyone who wish to wear other clothing different from the School Uniform should go to religious school or establish their own school.

Pls lets stop creating chaos in our elementary schools

113 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by techinfong: 6:46am On Sep 19, 2016
Them never settle am since? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by AntiWailer: 6:46am On Sep 19, 2016
Only God knows why a confused judge gave such order.

We are a secular state and there is Uniform defined for schools, y add hijab ?

Then celestial should not come to school with shoes and also wear sultana then.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by tolexy007(m): 6:47am On Sep 19, 2016
shocked so student will b wearing Hijab in school like CMS grammer Sch, Methodist high sch?

12 Likes

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by siraj1402(m): 6:47am On Sep 19, 2016
Nice one
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by Pavore9: 6:47am On Sep 19, 2016
It seems uniformity now has a new meaning...........Make l laugh! cheesy cheesy cheesy

They certainly know parts of Nigeria that can not demand such from!

3 Likes

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by zionwest(m): 6:48am On Sep 19, 2016
All these hijab stories will always make front page undecided

2 Likes

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 19, 2016
They want to islamise everything like play.

Our currencies have arabic writings on them.. Even in state house, there are arabic inscriptions.

They said we are in chain change

17 Likes

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by mathow55(m): 6:48am On Sep 19, 2016
mssn you guys are mad.
is this how to train a child?
so a student should disobey his/her teacher because of your barbaric believe.

so this is all you can offer at this heat period?
instead of you to start planning for your future, you are here talking about one dress code that only lies in hypocrisy .

your ladies wears ijab, but they put on tight leggings to show their conto.

werey set of people

that was how I was in the bus yesterday , when an Islamic cleric was preaching , quoting scriptures from the bible and quran, just to gain approval from people.
you guys are the biggest hypocrite I know.

teach your believe without drawing others in,
every Christian music have been copied by the Muslim musicians, you guys are just too fake jare .

I am hungry jhor

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by dhardline(m): 6:48am On Sep 19, 2016
May God deliver of from hypocrites. The cup looks clean on the outside but the inside is filled with filth.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by Shoboy6h: 6:48am On Sep 19, 2016
Okay
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by Damoche10: 6:48am On Sep 19, 2016
These muslims na wa o. As if the hijab will break their heads and stuff knowledge in it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by christiscomin: 6:49am On Sep 19, 2016
Good! We should be law abiding, afterall it has nothing to do with the Christian faith. I don't know why we are always sad seeing our Muslim neighbour children doing good/ developing in their religion. Afterall, no one forced our own children to be on hijab.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by obembet(f): 6:50am On Sep 19, 2016
The easiest way to allow Boko haram in Lagos is by allow them wearing hijab... as u guys lose in osun, you will lose in Lagos

6 Likes

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by fxbomovi: 6:52am On Sep 19, 2016
is lagos a muslim a state? Na wa o

2 Likes

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by asarebabson: 6:53am On Sep 19, 2016
zubby55:
It wount work
for ur mind ba?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by Ayo25: 6:53am On Sep 19, 2016
b

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by bakynes(m): 6:53am On Sep 19, 2016
The Judge is probably a Muslim and so will apply sentiments to his judgement.
Hijab wearing on school uniform as we know mocks the word "Uniform", if at all them must wear hijab they should be confined to the short one that doesn't go beyond the neck level and not the long one that ridicules the word "Uniform"

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by otitokoroleti: 6:54am On Sep 19, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
[b]nice one... today is my birthday.... and i need 100 likes in this comment.. make u na show me love.,... happy birthday to me.. grin grin grin[/b]
u well?

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:55am On Sep 19, 2016
na u undecided undecided sick pass..
otitokoroleti:
u well?
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by segebase(m): 6:55am On Sep 19, 2016
make una move una children go north naa..iranu....who hijab epp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by DabuIIIT: 6:55am On Sep 19, 2016
21st century! Still a zoo full of zombies

4 Likes

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by lonelydora: 6:56am On Sep 19, 2016
Akuko! Create a level playing field for all. Let all Christians, traditionalists, etc. come with their robes and masquerade too. These guys can't learn from Osun state.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by Bobbysmart6(m): 6:56am On Sep 19, 2016
mathow55:
mssn you guys are mad.
is this how to train a child?
so a student should disobey his/her teacher because of your barbaric believe.
wat is dis one saying, undecided,if u dnt no wat to say.i advice u to swallow d rest saliva,

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by rhektor(m): 6:57am On Sep 19, 2016
Osun saga is not too far,, but the Lagos part will be mother of all

MSSN just watch out

2 Likes

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by glossy6(f): 6:58am On Sep 19, 2016
bakynes:
The Judge is probably a Muslim and so will apply sentiments to his judgement.
Hijab wearing on school uniform as we know mocks the word "Uniform", if at all them must wear hijab they should be confined to the short one that doesn't go beyond the neck level and not the long one that ridicules the word "Uniform"

Just don't mind those "holier than thou" people

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by Nychillax(m): 6:58am On Sep 19, 2016
AntiWailer:
Only God knows why a confused judge gave such order.

We are a secular state and there is Uniform defined for schools, y add hijab ?

Then celestial should not come to school with shoes and also where sultana then.

[b]

No bro,true Muslim practices Islam in everyday of his Life.It is absurd for school to shun court order.The constitution is there to back up their rights.

It is against Islam for muslimah to open up her hair in the public,Islam against any form of nakednes** being it anywhere in the world. It has nothing to do with Skul,work or any government institutions.It has has been part of our sisters daily Life's.....

Modified.

People still don't gat it,may be they understand but failed to get it coz of their hatred for Islam.

Wearing of hijab is not an occasional dressing,traditional worshippers dresses that suite their religious belief once in a while (may be during their festival) and celestial church members don't wear shoes on Sundays not everyday, same goes to other religion except Islam.

But in Islam,true Muslim practices Islam totally. Hijab has nothing to do with time or wearing it on Fridays.As far as u are devoted muslimah,you must put it on everyday irrespective of where u find yourself.

Pls if u lack ability to comprehend the contents above,don't quote me or spam my mention. I don't av time to argue on any religious belief.I can only elucidate the fact,if u like agree with me,if u like debunk it.Pls don't spam my mention.....

[/b]

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by otitokoroleti: 6:58am On Sep 19, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
na u undecided undecided sick pass..
yup! am sick and tired of seeing meaningless comment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) / ASUU Strike Will Soon Be Called-Off - Okojie / Admission Still Going On At Abraham Adesanya Polytechnic Ijebu Igbo:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.