Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi (9283 Views)

Ipob Attack Yorubas In Aba / RIVERS STATE GOVT: There Re No Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State / Breaking News: Nigerian Govt Orders Immediate Withdrawal Of Troops From ND (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 19, 2016
simplycarro:

quid, this your current username sounds like you are impotent. When are you leaving nairaland Kuje? grin grin
The watery beans must really be re-formatting your brain bro. wink

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 19, 2016
facelessangel:

(5) IGBO
you mention ur 10th class dustin tribe inside a yoruba's territory....u nor dey shame.....wot has biafrian and ipod yoot got to do with lagos abi u want oba of lagos to threaten una again with death in d lagoon?

Commot that four useless words frm lagos matter jawe.

3 Likes

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by Godemcee(m): 5:03pm On Sep 19, 2016
DaniDani:
so you people have finally admitted that you don't own lagos nor Kwara? I will save this for future in case you you say otherwise tomorrow.
d fool you quote is an osu troll like u,u can keep wishing yoruba would control Lagos for eternity

1 Like

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by rlauncher(m): 5:14pm On Sep 19, 2016
imhotep:

Correct
Igbos are now 60% percent of Lagos population.
Igbos are indigenous to Lagos state

You must have been smoking something. What is it, I want to know grin

Sorry, I've booked a place for you at Yaba left.Maybe you need to check in there to have your head examined grin

2 Likes

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by Godemcee(m): 5:17pm On Sep 19, 2016
hundredhunndred:

Lmaooo. Its better to allow a slave feel like a master so people can laugh. How can a 10th class citizen of the whole country dominate others, people that have been relegated to the dustbin and shared as war booty to all tribes. Just laugh abeg.
the osu are so worthless even used condom get value pass them.they are always claiming everybody land,nobody claim there land cause it's as useless as there flat chest

2 Likes

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 19, 2016
rlauncher:

You must have been smoking something. What is it, I want to know grin

Sorry, I've booked a place for you at Yaba left.Maybe you need to check in there to have your head examined grin
Even Femi Aribisala is preparing Lagos for its first indigenous Igbo governor.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by dreamworld: 9:03pm On Sep 19, 2016
[quote author=rlauncher post=49494261][/quote]
Stop forcing yoruba on them, they are not yorubas
Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by dreamworld: 9:06pm On Sep 19, 2016
rlauncher:

You are dead wrong in all your submission. Stop writing about what you know nothing about! angry

Ilorin is a Yoruba city with scant numbers of Fulani living in it.Kwara state is not about Ilorin people alone. We also have the Ilesha people (Kwara west) different from the Ilesha in Ondo state and pronounced differently.We also have another ancient Yoruba city of the Igbomina people in Kwara East., also forcefully merged with the north against their will.

Kwara West- Ilesha- Yoruba

Kwara Central- Ilorin- Yoruba

Kwara East - Igbomona - Yoruba

This were all forcefully annexed to the North before independence to give the north political advantage over the south. They have never seen themselves as northerners and their votes until recent time have always been counted against them.

The Okun people of Kogi West are Yoruba people who also were forcefully merged with the old northern region against their wish by the colonial government in order to reduce the political powers of the Yoruba's in particular and the southern Nigeria in general.They were also forcefully inserted into Kogi state by the Abacha Administration.

Most Yoruba's on Nairaland are those who went to school when History and Yoruba language are no longer being taught in our schools litlle wonder the person I just quoted wrote the things I just quoted. angry
Mr mouthpiece, kwara is not a Yoruba, they are northerners, stop forcing yoruba down their troat
Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by Elisean(m): 6:28am On Sep 20, 2016
Drchristian:

who founded the binis? do u knw many edos bears yoruba names? go and do ur research

LOL

So binis bear yoruba names

Gimme some examples pls

1 Like

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by koladebrainiac(m): 6:52am On Sep 20, 2016
Lmaoo

1 Like

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by dreamworld: 9:13am On Sep 20, 2016
Drchristian:

who founded the binis? do u knw many edos bears yoruba names? go and do ur research
Gerrarahia, binis have no similarity with yoruba, no culture or language similarity, except they borrowed the 'oba' title from nearby yoruba town
Even Binis look more like ibos
Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 20, 2016
dreamworld:

Gerrarahia, binis have no similarity with yoruba, no culture or language similarity, except they borrowed the 'oba' title from nearby yoruba town
Even Binis look more like ibos
ibo or igbo ..u nor even know wot una dey call una self

1 Like

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by orunto27: 12:00pm On Sep 20, 2016
I just said that the writer is an I D I O T.
Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 20, 2016
Elisean:

LOL
So binis bear yoruba names
Gimme some examples pls
Adesuwa Ajayi Osayande Ogedengbe Modupe
e.t.c

1 Like

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by dreamworld: 12:22pm On Sep 20, 2016
Drchristian:

Adesuwa
Ajayi
Osayande
Ogedengbe
Modupe

e.t.c
Binis hava no similarity with yoruba, stop the propaganda,
Bini names are not yoruba names simple
Stop forcing yoruba on binis

Edo names: isiuwa, izodiuwa, akugbe they sound igbotic with igbo meaning but they are edo names
Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by DabuIIIT: 12:36pm On Sep 20, 2016
bakynes:
You people can keep deceiving yourselves I know why this thread was created because of the Rivers state govt report not listing Igbos as part of the tribes in Rivers state.
I don't blame the Rivers state govt. the Igbo-sub group in Rivers state has denied been Igbo so why blame the Yorubas for putting out the report.

No need to argue with you guys on the issue of Lagos, Kwara and Kogi.
yes no need to argue cos its the truth...
grin
afonjas gat no 4kn bearing in kogi and kwara and dobale there to emirs..
All afonjas in lagos are from neighbouring states....or are u from vi local gov area?
grin

1 Like

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by DabuIIIT: 12:42pm On Sep 20, 2016
dreamworld:

Binis hava no similarity with yoruba, stop the propaganda,
Bini names are not yoruba names simple
Stop forcing yoruba on binis

Edo names: isiuwa, izodiuwa, they sound igbotic but they are edo names
you are both right,but the binis are more skewed and tilted cultrurally and traditionally towards the yorubas..binis share yoruba names like Abiodun shegun giwa okundaye modupe abosede/bose olaye funmilaya/funmilayo ajayi adesuwa etc

1 Like

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by DabuIIIT: 12:49pm On Sep 20, 2016
rlauncher:

Yes. No single ethnic group can lay claim to Lagos, by three athnic groups can.

(1) Egun people of Badagry ( Lagos West )

(2)Awori ( Lagos Central)

(3)Ijebu people of Lekki (Lagos Central)

(4) Ijebu people of Ikorodu and Epe ( Lagos East )

in that case,lagos is owned by the eguns from cotonou cos those ilaje and ijebus or aworis all come from neighbouring states..amala people
afonja. grin

1 Like

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by dreamworld: 12:52pm On Sep 20, 2016
DabuIIIT:

you are both right,but the binis are more skewed and tilted cultrurally and traditionally towards the yorubas..binis share yoruba names like Abiodun shegun giwa okundaye modupe abosede/bose olaye funmilaya/funmilayo ajayi adesuwa etc
Drchristian:

"
The only thing is that binin is geographically located in the southwest,
The larger yoruba culture might influnce them, just d same way igbos of ika are being influenced by the adjacent edo state, but bini has nothing in common with yorubas
A typical bini language makes no atom of sense to a yoruba man

1 Like

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by DabuIIIT: 12:54pm On Sep 20, 2016
simplycarro:

This is one of the Ibos that have never cross the River Niger before, lives in Abakaliki to determine who own Lagos. grin grin cheesy cheesy
You are truly living in a dream world. grin

that have never "CROSS"

"engriss" nø easy grin

1 Like

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by Twistaray(m): 1:05pm On Sep 20, 2016
All of una get time arguing over nothing,fallacy.

Make una find work to do abeg cool
Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by simplycarro: 2:19pm On Sep 20, 2016
DabuIIIT:

that have never "CROSS"

"engriss" nø easy grin

Elewon, you are out of NL kuje?
Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by DabuIIIT: 3:45pm On Sep 20, 2016
simplycarro:

Elewon, you are out of NL kuje?
onitubu,waa pada si ile yen nisinsi grin Waa jè babanla èwa grin

i concur,lagos is pure no man's land

1 Like

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by SONofYORUBA: 3:49pm On Sep 20, 2016
Lolol Igbos are truly the dumbest tribe in Nigeria. Education miss road.

4 Likes

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by simplycarro: 3:57pm On Sep 20, 2016
DabuIIIT:

onitubu,waa pada si ile yen nisinsi
grin
Waa jè babanla èwa
grin

i concur,lagos is pure no man's land

Lolz .
Yes Lagos is a no man's land according to a cowardly omo ibo grin

1 Like

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 20, 2016
DaniDani:
so you people have finally admitted that you don't own lagos nor Kwara? I will save this for future in case you you say otherwise tomorrow.

That slowpoke isn't Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by Elisean(m): 5:12pm On Sep 20, 2016
Drchristian:
Adesuwa Ajayi Osayande Ogedengbe Modupe
e.t.c
Funny guy, binis don't answer such, dunno where you get your name source from.
Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by paragon40(m): 6:20pm On Sep 20, 2016
dreamworld:
Lagos state, kwara state and kogi doesnt have indiginous yoruba people in it
For example in lagos state, the first settlers in it are the binis and while kwara state and kogi which is in the middle belt is predominantly owned by the hausas
for example, Yahaya Bello
The Executive Governor of Kogi State is an hausa man
Abdulfatah ahmed, the executive governor of qwara state is an hausa man,
And also the executive governor of lagos state is also said not to be from lagos state but from ondo state
And also most land in lagos state belongs to people from all parts and tribes of nigeria
sir u can lie ohh yahaya bello, hausa..may be nt the one fm kogi state though..the present gov is an ebira man. For ur information egbon oniror, we have three major ethnic groups in kogi (igalas,ebira and okun). With othr, minority grps, wc ar bassa,nupe,ogori e.t.c. Kogi has 21, LGAS. Abeg tell us the local govts that belongs to the hausas, ohh.seems u have no MB to acss wikipedia.

3 Likes

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by quickly: 6:42pm On Sep 20, 2016
dreamworld:
Lagos state, kwara state and kogi doesnt have indiginous yoruba people in it
For example in lagos state, the first settlers in it are the binis and while kwara state and kogi which is in the middle belt is predominantly owned by the hausas
for example, Yahaya Bello
The Executive Governor of Kogi State is an hausa man
Abdulfatah ahmed, the executive governor of qwara state is an hausa man,
And also the executive governor of lagos state is also said not to be from lagos state but from ondo state
And also most land in lagos state belongs to people from all parts and tribes of nigeria

what of ikorodu, epe ppl are they togolese? lagos mainland had indigenous ppl but lagos island was a farm

2 Likes

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 21, 2016
Elisean:

Funny guy, binis don't answer such, dunno where you get your name source from.
it's bcus u r not one okay?

1 Like

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by Ooni: 11:50am On Sep 21, 2016
rlauncher:

You are dead wrong in all your submission. Stop writing about what you know nothing about! angry

Ilorin is a Yoruba city with scant numbers of Fulani living in it.Kwara state is not about Ilorin people alone. We also have the Ilesha people (Kwara west) different from the Ilesha in Ondo state and pronounced differently.We also have another ancient Yoruba city of the Igbomina people in Kwara East., also forcefully merged with the north against their will.

Kwara West- Ilesha- Yoruba

Kwara Central- Ilorin- Yoruba

Kwara East - Igbomona - Yoruba

This were all forcefully annexed to the North before independence to give the north political advantage over the south. They have never seen themselves as northerners and their votes until recent time have always been counted against them.

The Okun people of Kogi West are Yoruba people who also were forcefully merged with the old northern region against their wish by the colonial government in order to reduce the political powers of the Yoruba's in particular and the southern Nigeria in general.They were also forcefully inserted into Kogi state by the Abacha Administration.

Most Yoruba's on Nairaland are those who went to school when History and Yoruba language are no longer being taught in our schools litlle wonder the person I just quoted wrote the things I just quoted. angry
you have not countered me. Kwara south are similar to us yoruba but are not yorubas. Ilorin is a fulani emirate and i now way yorubaland. Kwara north is hausa and nupe. Saraki is a fulani. I am not one of those who claim what is not our own. Op might be correct. Please let us be serious.
Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by Ooni: 12:14pm On Sep 21, 2016
hundredhunndred:

They are the only tribe that fight everyone over crap. If they aint fighting those in Delta, they will be insulting those in PH. Soon they will start fighting the owners of Abuja, but they will be the first to cry that people hate them. Have you ever seen anyone fight over there land? Cos its a cursed and trashy place that no one care about, they are even running away from the place so i dont blame them. cheesy cheesy cheesy
that is the problem Ibos have. They will leave their PH and come and say they built Abuja. That notwithstanding, i must admit that Lagos is an awori and egun city, egun are not yorubas, awori people consistly mostly of settlers who intermarried with yorubas from ogun. They were later colonized by benin. Hence lagos names have idus eg idumota, idumagbo etc even oshodi and eko itself are edo names and not our yoruba names. That is also why indigenous lagosians have foreign surnames eg williams, bode george, desmond elliot, obafemi martins etc there is no yoruba name for lagos which shows that op may actually be correct about his claim that we yorubas are not indigenous to lagos. Pls we must learn to say the truth at all times despite the intimidation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EFCC To Re-arraign Sylva Before The Court Of Appeal. / Police Arrest 15-Year-Old Student Suspect For Attempted Kidnap In Niger / PDP In Edo To Take Adams Oshiomhole To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.