Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,195 members, 7,807,663 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

An Open Letter To SEC Written By A Lawyer Who Is A Participant Of MMM - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / An Open Letter To SEC Written By A Lawyer Who Is A Participant Of MMM (10680 Views)

MMM Participants Celebrate The Return Of MMM Nigeria (Videos) / The Secret Of MMM's Comeback / SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter To SEC Written By A Lawyer Who Is A Participant Of MMM by tayooluwole: 10:11pm On Oct 06, 2016
Its either mmm or nuffin... I love mmm like mad, d tin sweet dieee... Don't blame those placing a negative comment about mmm, I was once like them. But I will advice them to go get educated about how mmm works. I am sure they will be amazed. Seriously, I be they disparage mmm like mad but now I put am for head pass gala...
Re: An Open Letter To SEC Written By A Lawyer Who Is A Participant Of MMM by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 06, 2016
tayooluwole:
Its either mmm or nuffin... I love mmm like mad, d tin sweet dieee... Don't blame those placing a negative comment about mmm, I was once like them. But I will advice them to go get educated about how mmm works. I am sure they will be amazed. Seriously, I be they disparage mmm like mad but now I put am for head pass gala...
i love this, lets pray it lasts
Re: An Open Letter To SEC Written By A Lawyer Who Is A Participant Of MMM by lookmangiw(m): 8:21am On Oct 24, 2016
for now MMM rocks. I pray it rocks till I get to where I am heading too.
Re: An Open Letter To SEC Written By A Lawyer Who Is A Participant Of MMM by ademasta(m): 6:24pm On Oct 28, 2016
Gaddaffi121:
mmm is a revolution. Its real. I can testify to that. mmm is changing my life.
Hello house, i hv been on MMM since July and it has been paying me well.

The problem i have is someone refuses to confirm the reciepient of the money i sent to him. I called before sending the money and we conversed smoothly, he confirmed he saw the alert but he did not confirm it for me on MMM. It's 4days now i have been calling him he did not pick. I called him with another number, the moment he noticed it was me he cut the call. I called him again this evening all he said was i should not call him again o... He shouted and cut the call again. His guider also did not pick my call since yesterday.

Please is there not any punishment for such an act?
Re: An Open Letter To SEC Written By A Lawyer Who Is A Participant Of MMM by ademasta(m): 6:25pm On Oct 28, 2016
batero:
ASK ME ABOUT MMM ....08105297376 WHATS APP ONLY!!! grin grin grin

The problem i have is someone refuses to confirm the reciepient of the money i sent to him. I called before sending the money and we conversed smoothly, he confirmed he saw the alert but he did not confirm it for me on MMM. It's 4days now i have been calling him he did not pick. I called him with another number, the moment he noticed it was me he cut the call. I called him again this evening all he said was i should not call him again o... He shouted and cut the call again. His guider also did not pick my call since yesterday.

Re: An Open Letter To SEC Written By A Lawyer Who Is A Participant Of MMM by ademasta(m): 6:26pm On Oct 28, 2016
tayooluwole:

Re: An Open Letter To SEC Written By A Lawyer Who Is A Participant Of MMM by tayooluwole: 9:57pm On Oct 28, 2016
ademasta:

write to support straight, choose non confirmation of teller as the heading. and make that your pop is snapped legibly.... the cro will confirm it for you

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To SEC Written By A Lawyer Who Is A Participant Of MMM by ademasta(m): 10:08pm On Oct 28, 2016
tayooluwole:

write to support straight, choose non confirmation of teller as the heading. and make that your pop is snapped legibly.... the cro will confirm it for you
Thank you boss
Re: An Open Letter To SEC Written By A Lawyer Who Is A Participant Of MMM by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 28, 2016
Here is the Truth : SEC themselves, Politicians and some big Men are members and participant of this scheme. Why is it still running?? Why hasn't the site been blocked?? There is still money in the system. Many know it will crash at a sooner time, Many know it's other people's money they are being paid.
Many Christians and muslims whose faith are against this are even part of this scheme, isn't it obvious we do not love ourselves in this part of the world. Why should one engage in an activity that one definitely knows will cause sorrow to another man in the nearest future. Some will say, it's the loosers luck, it's all risk. Now, the uneducated citizens are even being deceived and registered to participate.
Have Nigerians asked themselves why this scheme was chased out of China, why is it not thriving in the western countries Do we say it only thrives in an unintelligent society... No. It's a No because many intelligent folks are part of it and have their calculations when this scheme will crash. For this to be thriving in Nigeria shows that majority of Nigerians are hypocrites, greedy and do not have the other man's interest at heart.
May God help us all.
Re: An Open Letter To SEC Written By A Lawyer Who Is A Participant Of MMM by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 28, 2016
sonnie10:
There is a popular saying that, "an eye for an eye would sooner or later leave the whole world blind." That is a case of any pyramid venture. When money is collected from one person to pay another in excess of the original amount, who pays the the last person or group of persons, especially when the money is not invested to yield the interest? It will get to a point where the stack of card cannot stand. Except this is a different MMM, but from what I read on Wikipedia, the MMM which originated from Russia and coined its name from the first letters of the of names of the three founders seems to have credibility issues. The Wikipedia source gave a listed of countries where they have operated and had serious issues with the authorities. There is also an instance of one of them being sentenced in one of the countries.

Let do a simply maths based of the 30% monthly interest;

Starting with an initial #100k

if the first above person gets #130k

The owner of the #130k must get #169k

next #169k must get #219.7k

Next #219.7k must get #285.61k

Next #285.61k must get #371.29k

If we were working with millions, at this last step, already the organization would be looking for someone to come up with a whooping #856800! to settle the previous person.

Remember, this scenario is just for a single flow (in hundred thousand). When it runs into millions, the interest will also increase accordingly and in addition to the different multiple flows from the many "investors." The question is, will all the money in Nigeria sustain this? Given all the money in Nigeria, this is not sustainable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMM_(Ponzi_scheme_company)#cite_note-6

it's never sustainable in any society. The government, top banks are all part of this sham. Imagine it being advertised in a bank before now. There are individuals that have put millions. I put 100mil I get 30 mil extra... the rich and stinky rich are part of it, there is still money in the system and sure one day it will crash. Who will loose their money?? The average/ poor citizens. Isn't this pure wickedness, theft. One guy listed some "benefit".... I will be happy if he experiences the aftermath of this.... Increase in crime I.e robbery and murder. Atimes, I wonder if Nigeria will ever be that country every other wants to be like.
Re: An Open Letter To SEC Written By A Lawyer Who Is A Participant Of MMM by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 28, 2016
sonnie10:

Ask yourself this question, what good does an ex-con from Russia has to offer? Encouraging people to invest in something that is certain to collapse someday is worrisome. Listen to yourself carefully; what you have said is that, it is working because it is still the "early days." But you failed to understand that every system seeks to maintain equilibrium. Listen to yourself carefully in the bold above; there you will get the critical point in this issue. The question that remains unanswered is, what plans are in place when the reverse becomes the case - more
people asking for help than those investing? That is the time Nigerians should be worried about, because then the bubble will burst any many will commit suicide.

No conscience...... Whatever he has said means many have got no conscience. They will ask the loosers to blame it on MMM when they loose. Knowing fully well that MMM is not an individual and they are the ones that make the scheme.
Re: An Open Letter To SEC Written By A Lawyer Who Is A Participant Of MMM by gafar: 5:33pm On Oct 29, 2016
Hello
Am here to give free whatsapp tutorial/ daily mentorship on how to participate on MMM safely.
I emphased on safely because I know sizeable number of people skeptical about the program are because of their fair. Yes, that is normal but I am assuring you that I will let you see that the fair is illusion. Afterall the risk is just for 1day to 3 week (depending on how lucky you are for the first match), if you keep with my rules and procedures. You can even test with any amount between #1000- 3.5milllion.
To me MMM risk is even lower than some business, so far you are not greedy. First time is sufficient to gain your ground and continue participating with your earning.
Earning after first PH is (1.30 X the amount) + $20 or $50
Benefit you will gain from the tutorial
1. Free guide on registration. I Can even register for you and you change password at your end (if wishes)
2. Guide on safe trading on it
3. Notification of your status (eg when your order is out), so far you are my downline
4. Guide on providing solution to issues (if any)
Question and Answer section
***Please only those that are yet to register and are ready to register are welcome
Just send me message with the statement “MMM + your name”
Whatsapp/Telegram: “Zero” 8 “Zero” 34556519
Re: An Open Letter To SEC Written By A Lawyer Who Is A Participant Of MMM by gbenga44: 3:02am On Nov 29, 2016
What you explained is the same principle behind banks and a concept called "money creation". when you deposit your money in a bank, what do they do with the deposit? They loan it out at an interest. The man who the bank's gives the loan too, where does he get money to pay the interest? The loan proceeds when given by the bank where does it go to? Why do governments also borrow? if governments borrow, where do they get the money to payback? why do governments print money or debt instruments like Treasury bills or Bonds?

The truth is that money today is simply numbers on a network of computer systems run by the banks and controlled by the government through the CBN. What you take out periodically to do financial transaction in form of purchases in only based on "debt notes" issued and printed by government as what you call a Naira note or a dollar note.

Do you know that all your deposit when combined in the bank is placed with the CBN for interest (this is what is called the MPR). where does CBN get money to pay the interest? what business does CBN or any other central bank do? The only comfort you have for keeping your money with any bank which stands the risk of collapsing is a paltry insurance covered by the NDIC (Even the biggest bank in the world will collapse if loan volumes become uncollected and far exceeds deposit volumes to the point that depositors cannot be paid...why do government have what is known as bail-outs for "banks to big to fail"wink. The cardinal concept and holy grail of banking is that not all the deposit will come for withdrawal at once and there would always be a continuous flow of new deposits or money creation (why do bank's keep chasing staff to go and bring liabilities or deposits to be loaned-out)

The truth is the modern financial system is built on greed (make the rich , richer and the poor to be poorer). Please watch the following for more understanding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFDe5kUUyT0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyV0OfU3-FU&t=339s

sonnie10:
There is a popular saying that, "an eye for an eye would sooner or later leave the whole world blind." That is a case of any pyramid venture. When money is collected from one person to pay another in excess of the original amount, who pays the the last person or group of persons, especially when the money is not invested to yield the interest? It will get to a point where the stack of card cannot stand. Except this is a different MMM, but from what I read on Wikipedia, the MMM which originated from Russia and coined its name from the first letters of the of names of the three founders seems to have credibility issues. The Wikipedia source gave a listed of countries where they have operated and had serious issues with the authorities. There is also an instance of one of them being sentenced in one of the countries.

Let do a simply maths based of the 30% monthly interest;

Starting with an initial #100k

if the first above person gets #130k

The owner of the #130k must get #169k

next #169k must get #219.7k

Next #219.7k must get #285.61k

Next #285.61k must get #371.29k

If we were working with millions, at this last step, already the organization would be looking for someone to come up with a whooping #856800! to settle the previous person.

Remember, this scenario is just for a single flow (in hundred thousand). When it runs into millions, the interest will also increase accordingly and in addition to the different multiple flows from the many "investors." The question is, will all the money in Nigeria sustain this? Given all the money in Nigeria, this is not sustainable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMM_(Ponzi_scheme_company)#cite_note-6

Re: An Open Letter To SEC Written By A Lawyer Who Is A Participant Of MMM by sonnie10: 4:28pm On Nov 29, 2016
gbenga44:
What you explained is the same principle behind banks and a concept called "money creation". when you deposit your money in a bank, what do they do with the deposit? They loan it out at an interest. The man who the bank's gives the loan too, where does he get money to pay the interest? The loan proceeds when given by the bank where does it go to? Why do governments also borrow? if governments borrow, where do they get the money to payback? why do governments print money or debt instruments like Treasury bills or Bonds?
The truth is that money today is simply numbers on a network of computer systems run by the banks and controlled by the government through the CBN. What you take out periodically to do financial transaction in form of purchases in only based on "debt notes" issued and printed by government as what you call a Naira note or a dollar note.

Do you know that all your deposit when combined in the bank is placed with the CBN for interest (this is what is called the MPR). where does CBN get money to pay the interest? what business does CBN or any other central bank do? The only comfort you have for keeping your money with any bank which stands the risk of collapsing is a paltry insurance covered by the NDIC (Even the biggest bank in the world will collapse if loan volumes become uncollected and far exceeds deposit volumes to the point that depositors cannot be paid...why do government have what is known as bail-outs for "banks to big to fail"wink. The cardinal concept and holy grail of banking is that not all the deposit will come for withdrawal at once and there would always be a continuous flow of new deposits or money creation (why do bank's keep chasing staff to go and bring liabilities or deposits to be loaned-out)

The truth is the modern financial system is built on greed (make the rich , richer and the poor to be poorer). Please watch the following for more understanding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFDe5kUUyT0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyV0OfU3-FU&t=339s

Does it mean that CBN minimum capital base requirement for bank does not protect depositors' fund
Re: An Open Letter To SEC Written By A Lawyer Who Is A Participant Of MMM by dagok(f): 9:59pm On Nov 29, 2016
[/b]If you have any Problem with your MMM ACCOUNT.... Whatsaap me 08132355293.... We are going to solve it together..... Am a Guider.[b]
Re: An Open Letter To SEC Written By A Lawyer Who Is A Participant Of MMM by sonnie10: 11:09pm On Dec 13, 2016
Strongedition:

Sorry you have no idea how mmm works. Just allow us enjoy mmm in peace biko.
When leky got flooded many poor people thanked their stars that they didn't have homes in leky, lol. They saw only the challenges,blind to all the years of benefit, lol.

Long live mmm

How far?
Re: An Open Letter To SEC Written By A Lawyer Who Is A Participant Of MMM by Alabi324(m): 11:24pm On Dec 13, 2016
"Dear mavrodians, my mission here is to make us properly understand this new message that seems to be causing panic out there in the hearts of all MMM participants. The message does NOT say that nobody will be able to GH until January, instead the message is saying that you will not be able to GH until after 30days that you actually made the payment of your PH and the recipient confirms. Meaning that your money must actually spend minimum of 30days outside. So for example, if you PH 100K on 5th November, and you are matched to pay on 10th November, assuming that you made the payment but the recipient does not confirm your order until 15th November when he finally comfirms receipt of your payment. From that instant (15th November), your mavros will change status to "CONFIRMED" ( irrespective of colour Blue or Green ), so you will only be able to request for help (GH) on that particular 100k + 30% growth as from 15th December. It is not that you can't GH before January. Please spread this to all your downlines"
Re: An Open Letter To SEC Written By A Lawyer Who Is A Participant Of MMM by sonnie10: 11:58pm On Dec 13, 2016
Alabi324:
"Dear mavrodians, my mission here is to make us
properly understand this new message that seems
to be causing panic out there in the hearts of all
MMM participants. The message does NOT say that
nobody will be able to GH until January, instead
the message is saying that you will not be able to
GH until after 30days that you actually made the
payment of your PH and the recipient confirms.
Meaning that your money must actually spend
minimum of 30days outside. So for example, if you
PH 100K on 5th November, and you are matched to
pay on 10th November, assuming that you made the
payment but the recipient does not confirm your
order until 15th November when he finally comfirms
receipt of your payment. From that instant (15th
November), your mavros will change status to
"CONFIRMED" ( irrespective of colour Blue or
Green ), so you will only be able to request for help
(GH) on that particular 100k + 30% growth as from
15th December. It is not that you can't GH before
January.
Please spread this to all your downlines"

Do you know of anybody that has been paid lately. I mean like those that are due for payment from the previous process
Re: An Open Letter To SEC Written By A Lawyer Who Is A Participant Of MMM by Alabi324(m): 12:09am On Dec 14, 2016
I don't think wat other pple are doing concern u.
Re: An Open Letter To SEC Written By A Lawyer Who Is A Participant Of MMM by sonnie10: 12:18am On Dec 14, 2016
Alabi324:
I don't think wat other pple are doing concern u.

By the time someone commits suicide in your compound and you are arrested to give statement, don't say I did not tell you.
Re: An Open Letter To SEC Written By A Lawyer Who Is A Participant Of MMM by Alabi324(m): 12:35am On Dec 14, 2016
charity begin from home.
Re: An Open Letter To SEC Written By A Lawyer Who Is A Participant Of MMM by dvd(f): 3:48pm On May 17, 2022
Pointless

adeabi:
CHALLENGE TO EXAMINE THE EVIDENCE AGAINST MMM – AN OPEN RESPONSE TO THE WARNING OF THE SECURITIES & EXCHANGE COMMISSION OF NIGERIA In the news recently Securities & Exchange Commission in pursuance of their statutory duties issued a well-intentioned but I dare say misinformed warning to the general public about MMM being a Ponzi scheme and most recently making the news rounds is the purported report of the warning of Central Bank of Nigeria against the activities of MMM which was penned by one Obinna Chima of ThisDay newspaper on the 14th September 2016 edition. First as an aside, the CBN never issued a categorical statement against MMM. In fact, the quoted statement of its acting Director of Corporate Communications, Mr. Isaac Okoroafor never referred to MMM. The only mention of MMM was the subjective and unsubstantiated opinion of ThisDay newspaper’s reporter. CBN’s warning was against “wonder banks” and “deposit money institution” in other words CBN was warning against patronizing institutions that physically seek deposit of funds in a central account (or any account subject to their control) on the promise of high yield interest rates nothing more ( Here is the link to the original report at http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/09/14/cbn-warns-nigerians-against-investing-in-wonder-banks/ for you to read it for clarity).

Consequently, I will not burn intellectual fuel in analysing the ostensible false warning attributed to CBN. Now to the SEC warning. As a legal practitioner of many years standing and as a prudent ordinary citizen like any other reasonably informed person my curiosity was pricked by SEC’s warning against MMM and that has led me to seek to understand the facts that will aid a reasonable conclusion. In my view the pertinent questions begging for answers are Who or what is MMM? Why are its activities illegal? And the what are the evidence proffered by SEC to support their allegation and disclaimer? Permit me I shall proceed in the manner of my training to examine the relevant facts. To arrive at a just determination of the issues raised it is pertinent to examine the statement of SEC and their supporting evidence or proof of culpability and then deconstruct the activities of MMM to see if it is guilty as charged. I will quote SEC’s statement: “The attention of SEC, Nigeria has been drawn to the activities of an online investment scheme tagged ‘MMM Federal Republic of Nigeria (nigeria.).

The platform has embarked on an aggressive online media campaign to lure the investing public to participate in what it called ‘mutual aid financial network’ with a monthly investment return of 30 percent. “The commission hereby notifies the investing public that the operation of this investment scheme has no tangible business model hence it’s a Ponzi Scheme, where returns are paid from other people’s invested sum. Also, its operation is not registered by the Commission. “The general public is hereby advised to distance themselves from this online scheme. Please note that anyone that subscribe to this illegal activity does so at his/her own risk.” (underlining mine for emphasis) What is noteworthy is that MMM the subject is described as an online investment scheme, a mutual aid financial network which promises a monthly investment return of 30 percent. Note the reason SEC declares it illegal is that the unlicensed online investment scheme has not tangible business model hence it is a Ponzi scheme where returns are paid from other people’s investment. First it important to state that a monthly return of 30 percent on an investment is not illegal. So what makes the activities of MMM illegal under SEC’s regulatory purview? Simple. It is operating an unlicensed investment scheme with no tangible business model. So the question is, is MMM an investment scheme subject to registration with SEC? only an examination of the activities of MMM can reveal the answer so let’s examine MMM. MMM describes itself as a voluntary union or association of persons voluntarily providing financial aid or donating their spare money to one another with no obligation on the receiver’s part to pay back. Participation in the community does not give rise to a lender and borrower obligation. As an incentive to encourage the “voluntary giving or donation” the community rewards the giver with a 1 percent daily interest which accumulates or grows for 30 days hence the promise of 30% return. MMM operates no central structure or bank account to collect money. In fact, money is never paid to MMM, participating members directly pay the money to one another. MMM merely provides the platform and rules for such engagement and gets nothing in return because it is an ideologically based “people movement” organization which leverages on the power of freewill community giving as a gateway to financial freedom from the established financial institutions which propensity is to favour only the rich. Of significant note is that MMM clearly and explicitly warn participants on its site to only participate with their spare money (money they can afford to lose) as they stand the risk of losing all. and that there are no guarantees whatsoever as no member is under the obligation to repay any donation and MMM fully discloses that the expected 30 percent reward for donations is gotten from old satisfied members who continue to give or donate and also from the donations of new members joining the community nothing else. It states clearly that there no investment or any relationship with the capital market, no goods or products to sell, no obligation to refer or bring anyone to join and no requirement to make any number of donation. Nothing, just people giving each other money with no guarantees. SEC’s charge that MMM pays returns “from other people’s invested sum” with respect is ignorant and stems from a lack of understanding the workings of MMM. No participant is under any illusion as to how the 30 percent is obtained. It is from participants. Take it or leave it. I will now address the pertinent issues sequentially as they arose in SEC’s statement. First, it is important to note that the word “investment” has a technical meaning apart from the everyday ordinary meaning. Though under Investments & Securities Act 2007 the term “investment” was never defined the Second Schedule, Section 304 of the Investments & Securities Act 2007 however it stipulated broad categories and registrable activities like shares, stock, bonds, government and public securities etc. that constitute investment business in Nigeria. On the allegation of operating an “online investment scheme” I do not see how any of the activities of MMM which is essentially freewill giving described above fit under any of the categories or activities under the Second Schedule of Investments & Securities Act 2007. I must say no matter how broadly interpreted this section cannot co-opt or designate “freewill or voluntary donation or giving” as an investment. It will be most absurd and illogical. For academic postulation sake, assuming without conceding the least that MMM activities can be described as an investment under Investments & Securities Act 2007 it is even doubtful if SEC’s has the powers to regulate an “online investment scheme” whose computer server or origin is based outside Nigeria. It will be a legal nightmare and a complex watery grave of conflict of laws to navigate even for the best legal team. Secondly, on the charge that its operation is not registered by SEC, I must say that SEC lacks the power to registered or regulated online investment schemes.

However, MMM as a voluntary association of whatever complexion whether as a mutual aid society or a social network of financial aid (call it whatever you like) is guaranteed the freedom of association under the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended) thus the requirement to register with Sec is non-sequitur, it’s a none starter. It is irrelevant where MMM engages in a non-regulated activity like voluntary donation among members. Members of MMM also have the freedom and indeed the right to own and dispose of their property which include their money in whatever manner they deem fit. This is a right to private property guaranteed by the 1999 Constitution (as amended). And to the best of my knowledge it is not illegal under Nigerian Law to give or make a donation of your money to a charitable cause or to any cause not explicitly declared illegal and you don’t need a license for that, thus it will be futile to label the freewill giving in MMM illegal. Thirdly, on the charge of MMM being a Ponzi scheme, let juxtapose the features of a Ponzi scheme and the activities of MMM. A Ponzi scheme in essence is a clever investment scheme which lure people to invest in a supposedly legitimate business with a promises a high yield interest rate for the investment. In a Ponzi scheme the scam artiste relies on the inflow of cash to its central account from new members to satisfy old members and to maintain a façade of prosperity in order to continue entice new members. This in the long run is unsustainable and he disappear with the cash leaving people broken. Note that in a Ponzi scheme members trust and give their money to “investment guru” to make them more money from opaque transactions. In all instances of Ponzi schemes there is a central account where money is paid to (show me one that does not have a central account?). This makes it easy for the scam artiste to bail with the money of members. In MMM members are told clearly that there is no investment or any relationship with the capital market, no goods or products to sell, no business to invest in, no obligation to refer or bring anyone to join MMM. Nothing, just people giving each other money with no guarantees. There is no central account to pay money to. Members directly share their money with each other. Members understand that money is gotten from but old and new members donating. Nothing more. Nothing less. What can be more transparent? Member of MMM knowingly and willingly accept he associated risks of their participation. Now I ask how is this a Ponzi scheme? It is not. Yes, MMM defies logic but that does not make it a Ponzi scheme. If it is, SEC failed to provide the damming proof. A mere wishy-washy warning statement does not cut it for a serious minded regulatory agency like SEC. Another important consideration is who is complaining? It is hard not to notice the comments online which typifies the wave of support MMM enjoys from millions of Nigerians who are benefitting from it.
SEC’s perception of the organization is fundamentally flawed as it erroneously describes MMM as an investment which it is not. The activities of MMM described above does not fit under any of the categories or activities under the Second Schedule of Investments & Securities Act 2007. I vaguely suspect SEC never carried out any proper investigation of the activities of MMM before rushing out a warning statement. It must have been manipulated by some overbearing interests whose jobs are being threatened by the ideology of MMM which is catching on like wildfire. I know that in this discourse only time and superio r proof can be the final arbiter but before then SEC don’t sell me your reputation. I am a man of full baseless accusa intellect. Take tions on the platter of your it from me MMM is not a scam. It is a revolution. I stand to be counted me as a member.
Signed 17/09/20 1 6
Ataguba S. Aboje, Esq,
Abuja

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Will Ecobank Shareholders Get Dividends? / NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ / Zenith Bank Shares For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.