Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Help Tessy Beat The Cancer! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help Tessy Beat The Cancer! (1011 Views)

Meet Jasmine, The Cancer Survivor (Photos) / Cancer Almost Blinded A Woman In Kano (Disturbing Photos) / A 14-Year-Old Girl With Cancer Wins The Right To Have Her Body Frozen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help Tessy Beat The Cancer! by Ocampo: 3:36pm On Sep 19, 2016
The Story below is the story of our colleague, friend and sister, Theresa Amadi-Obi.

TOGETHER WE CAN BEAT THIS CANCER!

My family means the world to me. I am blessed with a loving husband Igbo and two wonderful chidren - Omega (5)and Ezinne (3). I had a hard time conceiving and so it was with a deep gratitude to God that we welcomed these children into our lives. The first few months after Ezinne’s birth were glorious. The kids brought so much love and laughter. Our families and friends drew closer to us, life could not be any better. But then I started feeling pain in my right breast. At first, I thought it was due to breastfeeding. But when it persisted we found out it was stage III cancer. This was a shock. Life had changed.

We pursued this diagnosis aggressively. We spent our savings coming to the US for treatment. I underwent surgery, chemotherapy and radiation. But as tough as the treatment was, my biggest difficulty was seeing how this affected my kids. They couldn’t understand why mummy was constantly weak; or why mummy was vomiting or why mummy had lost her hair. What kept me strong was knowing that I would beat this for my kids. And so I did, at least I thought I did.

I returned to Nigeria cancer free in November 2015. I went back to work and started working out. I took my kids to school once again. Life was becoming “normal”. Unfortunately, this would not last. Five months after returning from my treatment in the US, I started having back and hip pains. A CT scan revealed evidence of metastasis to the spine and right hip. I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer.

I returned to my doctor in Houston and have since been restarted on chemotherapy. However my treatment has now been transferred to University of Minnesota Hospital for more advanced care.

MY NEED:

Our family savings was greatly depleted during my initial breast cancer treatment. With the options of chemotherapy available now for Metastatic Breast Cancer, my family is faced with mounting bills and even more to come. We have estimated about $250,000 to cover chemotherapy and other procedures that would be required to help me and my family beat this disease.

MY PLEDGE:

I am determined to beat this disease. My children will see me walk again without limping. They will grow up with the love and guidance of their mother. We believe God has a plan for my family. This fight against cancer will be won.

Whatever hand you can lend to this fight will be greatly appreciated. No contribution is too small. We pledge to pay it forward when this fight is won.

Thank you for reading my story. Thanks for your contribution. Please keep praying for us. God bless you.

We are appealing to us all to do what we can to help keep her alive for her sake and for the sake of her family. Our proposal is as follows.

To create a standing fund that we can maintain on a monthly basis until she beats the cancer. Whatever we can do monthly (like a welfare fund) if summed up can significantly impact on her ability to pay her medical bills. For example if up to 100 people come together and give N5,000 per month we can generate over $1000 monthly to help Tessy.

Kindly commit what you can to this most worthy cause and HELP TESSY BEAT THE CANCER!

Her account details are below.

Bank Account Name:       Theresa Amadi-Obi
Bank Name:                         Zenith Bank
Bank Account Number:   2020255462

Your support is greatly appreciated.
Re: Help Tessy Beat The Cancer! by sammysunny88: 4:01pm On Sep 19, 2016
Ocampo:
The Story below is the story of our colleague, friend and sister, Theresa Amadi-Obi.

TOGETHER WE CAN BEAT THIS CANCER!

My family means the world to me. I am blessed with a loving husband Igbo and two wonderful chidren - Omega (5)and Ezinne (3). I had a hard time conceiving and so it was with a deep gratitude to God that we welcomed these children into our lives. The first few months after Ezinne’s birth were glorious. The kids brought so much love and laughter. Our families and friends drew closer to us, life could not be any better. But then I started feeling pain in my right breast. At first, I thought it was due to breastfeeding. But when it persisted we found out it was stage III cancer. This was a shock. Life had changed.

We pursued this diagnosis aggressively. We spent our savings coming to the US for treatment. I underwent surgery, chemotherapy and radiation. But as tough as the treatment was, my biggest difficulty was seeing how this affected my kids. They couldn’t understand why mummy was constantly weak; or why mummy was vomiting or why mummy had lost her hair. What kept me strong was knowing that I would beat this for my kids. And so I did, at least I thought I did.

I returned to Nigeria cancer free in November 2015. I went back to work and started working out. I took my kids to school once again. Life was becoming “normal”. Unfortunately, this would not last. Five months after returning from my treatment in the US, I started having back and hip pains. A CT scan revealed evidence of metastasis to the spine and right hip. I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer.

I returned to my doctor in Houston and have since been restarted on chemotherapy. However my treatment has now been transferred to University of Minnesota Hospital for more advanced care.

MY NEED:

Our family savings was greatly depleted during my initial breast cancer treatment. With the options of chemotherapy available now for Metastatic Breast Cancer, my family is faced with mounting bills and even more to come. We have estimated about $250,000 to cover chemotherapy and other procedures that would be required to help me and my family beat this disease.

MY PLEDGE:

I am determined to beat this disease. My children will see me walk again without limping. They will grow up with the love and guidance of their mother. We believe God has a plan for my family. This fight against cancer will be won.

Whatever hand you can lend to this fight will be greatly appreciated. No contribution is too small. We pledge to pay it forward when this fight is won.

Thank you for reading my story. Thanks for your contribution. Please keep praying for us. God bless you.

We are appealing to us all to do what we can to help keep her alive for her sake and for the sake of her family. Our proposal is as follows.

To create a standing fund that we can maintain on a monthly basis until she beats the cancer. Whatever we can do monthly (like a welfare fund) if summed up can significantly impact on her ability to pay her medical bills. For example if up to 100 people come together and give N5,000 per month we can generate over $1000 monthly to help Tessy.

Kindly commit what you can to this most worthy cause and HELP TESSY BEAT THE CANCER!

Her account details are below.

Bank Account Name:       Theresa Amadi-Obi
Bank Name:                         Zenith Bank
Bank Account Number:   2020255462

Your support is greatly appreciated.
That is very sympatetic. I don't have money to contribute but i have an idea of how you can cure this cancer permanently and completely without any chemotherapy and radiotherapy with help of natural pure herbal medicine from China. This herbal are very effective because they are pure herbs and it has been used to treat cancer problem and fibroid here in Nigeria without surgery and it doesn't cost million not even much money. Quote me and drop your whatsapp contact for easy communication and I will get back to you will all the details of this herbal.
Re: Help Tessy Beat The Cancer! by Ocampo: 6:31pm On Sep 19, 2016
A gofundme Medical fund account has already been created for Tessy in the US by Ntianu-Okam Oyakhire. The link is below. The message is captured below.

Dear friends, My friend Theresa Amadi Obi needs our help to beat breast cancer. Theresa is a mother of two beautiful children and we are all praying for healing. However, Tessy needs $255, 000 for her treatment and has been able to raise $8,348 so far. We ask for any donation you can make to help save Tessy's life. You can please make your donations to the account details as follows;
Theresa Amadi-Obi
Zenith Bank Plc
2020255462 or visit the gofundme link .https://www.gofundme.com/2wjg42as to make your donations.
God bless you all.

(1) (Reply)

Diabetes! Natural Plants That Destroyed Diabetes / Check Out My HIV And Hepatitisb Lab. Result. / How I Survived High Pcv(polycytemia)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.