Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,651 members, 7,801,898 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs (26588 Views)

He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet / When There's No Job And You Are Ready To Accept Any Salary / Updated-New Job Vacancies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Samtobh(m): 5:28pm On Sep 19, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I came across some threads of late, some folks are contemplating suicide or how to delve into crime, etc. because of the economy, lack of job, and so on. Hence, I've thought it necessary to start this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/3356380/graduate-depression-lead-open-suicide

https://www.nairaland.com/3353785/six-years-after-graduation-yet

If you are feeling like this, please share your story/stories and let's see how you can get help.

If you've passed through this stage before and have made it, also share yours and let's help people.

I'll beg for this thread to be moved to front page so we can help as many as possible.

I'll put up an ash # tag in here

#IOncePassedThru

for those who've passed through and made it.
or

#INeedHelp

for those who need advice, mentoring or any kind of help.

#Peace
#Lets keep the thread alive.

Strictly for people in this thread alone.

To be added you on the thread's Whatsapp group, send a whatsapp message to 08153790342

To be listed on our database through which we push your details to partnered HR firms, click the link below :

Register here

Sure before the end of 2017, some of us here if not all on this thread will have a good story to tell.

Also, A LinkedIn account is necessary.

#OnlyGod

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by nhurhetee(m): 5:49pm On Sep 19, 2016
I love dis because of "We can get help"..
I'm experiencing this right now. The country is hard, lack of job, no oppurtunities, no help from any1 and errythin seems busted.
Im a graduate of LASU, since 2014 and yet nothing to show for it. The square meal is poor, no fine boy attached, cant even afford to get myself my usual hair cream.
Though,I aint lazy seeking for job as i do visit evry job site evry time but all response are mostly SCAM||

Anyone who can help me secure a job , would never depart from his/her success..

Xoxoxoo painful.
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by sam6055(m): 5:53pm On Sep 19, 2016
If Government does not give you jobs simply create a means of living yourself...

Armed Robbers/Kidnappers and their likes understood this very well and made this kind of opportunities for themselves,

I mean if everyone keeps going to school only to graduate and wait for government jobs, then how will we produce our own Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates, how will be produce our own sharp minds..

So If you don't have a job simply start developing a skill... Who knows a technological company might need that skill...

You might turn into a hacker and hack important websites and ask the Companies who own the websites to pay thousands for you to secure it for them...

You might start reading books on self improvement and others and who knows you might be the killer candidate for a job..

Its simple... I don't focus on the government and before I get out of school, I would own something so big that all of Africa might regard me in terms of Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg... you see my dreams are not tied to the government, or economic situations, it is beyond that..

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise

5 Likes

Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 19, 2016
just check my topics, u will advise me to join either cults, militants, boko, robber etc
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Ranchhoddas: 6:35pm On Sep 19, 2016
Oh well...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 19, 2016
I am Toyin Popoola by name. Studied Demography and Social Statistics from OAU in (2008-2013/14) coupled with my BA.Edu(History) from Adeyemi College of Education (2010). Served in Kwara State in 2014-2015 under Voluntary Service Organisation VSO in Ansarul Islam Grammar School Ijomu-Oro.
Since my POP on July 2nd 2015, there has been no job forthcoming. Gone for interviews, passed their exams,got scammed etc
I am tired of the way things are now cause things are not in shape. This is taking serious effect on my body now as i am getting liner as a result of things, crying and fasting with prayers. It seems GOD is far away. I barely manage to eat talkless of meeting other need.
I am committed, hardworking, problem solver, optimistic irrespective of pressure and GOD fearing.
I need help urgently.
Thanks.
Popoola Toyin
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by mofeblij12: 9:36am On Sep 20, 2016
@OP, Nice thread.

I'll also contribute to this too.
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by mofeblij12: 9:37am On Sep 20, 2016
ymee:
just check my topics, u will advise me to join either cults, militants, boko, robber etc

Please do not derail the thread, no one here can advise you to do such.
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Samtobh(m): 8:12am On Sep 22, 2016
No one is a failure unless you admit it and call yourself so.

People's opinion of you doesn't need to become your reality pals.

Get up,keep your head up high and move forward, there's hope and grace for you. If man did not make you, man can't break you and situations or challengers can't even dare.

When you give up, you are down and out, outrightly defeated.

Set your face like a flint pal, keep your eyes on the goal and focus.

Some generations depend on you for survival, don't disappoint them.

Send me a PM and let's talk. Let me mentor you into greatness.

7 Likes

Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Samtobh(m): 8:13am On Sep 22, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
No Job yet. I have missed some interviews because of lack of money, though I am still hoping that the ones I went for turn out right. Not really depressed, more like anxiety disorder though I deal with it by taking deep breaths and reading Bible passages (I know it's caused by lack of money though) .Absolutely not suicidal as I love my life too much and I am an incurable optimist. The only help I'd require would be a good faith loan of 40,000 or less to repay debts incurred while running my project and school clearance and solve some other problems. I'll repay as soon I get a job... I can't believe I just wrote this.

So sorry for replying late. Let's see what we can do about that.
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Samtobh(m): 8:16am On Sep 22, 2016
Toin97:
I am Toyin Popoola by name. Studied Demography and Social Statistics from OAU in (2008-2013/14) coupled with my BA.Edu(History) from Adeyemi College of Education (2010). Served in Kwara State in 2014-2015 under Voluntary Service Organisation VSO in Ansarul Islam Grammar School Ijomu-Oro.
Since my POP on July 2nd 2015, there has been no job forthcoming. Gone for interviews, passed their exams,got scammed etc
I am tired of the way things are now cause things are not in shape. This is taking serious effect on my body now as i am getting liner as a result of things, crying and fasting with prayers. It seems GOD is far away. I barely manage to eat talkless of meeting other need.
I am committed, hardworking, problem solver, optimistic irrespective of pressure and GOD fearing.
I need help urgently.
Thanks.
Popoola Toyin

send me your detailed CV. No matter the situation, you'll get that dream job before the year ends. I commit this into God's hands. But I need you to believe with me and have the faith. I'll tweak your CV to be more catchy and creative, then you prepare and go forth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Samtobh(m): 8:18am On Sep 22, 2016
nhurhetee:
I love dis because of "We can get help"..
I'm experiencing this right now. The country is hard, lack of job, no oppurtunities, no help from any1 and errythin seems busted.
Im a graduate of LASU, since 2014 and yet nothing to show for it. The square meal is poor, no fine boy attached, cant even afford to get myself my usual hair cream.
Though,I aint lazy seeking for job as i do visit evry job site evry time but all response are mostly SCAM||

Anyone who can help me secure a job , would never depart from his/her success..

Xoxoxoo painful.

send your Cv to me brother
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Ranchhoddas: 1:24pm On Sep 22, 2016
Samtobh:

So sorry for replying late. Let's see what we can do about that.
It's alright. Thank you very much.
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by nhurhetee(m): 1:59pm On Sep 22, 2016
Samtobh:

Will you pls send me your email address so I can forward it there?

Thank you..
Yunganthonio@yahoo.com is mine, expecting yours.
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by missyojo(f): 2:06pm On Sep 22, 2016
@op, pls can you send me a mail through mercyojochogu@gmail.com so as to forward my cv. Thanks to a favorable reply.
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by glothaddy(f): 2:15pm On Sep 22, 2016
as I write it, am so frustrated and depression has taken over. graduated 4 years ago, served and got a job of direct sales associate with one the outsourcing companies, I lost he job did year like 6 months ago and since then it has been from one interview to another wit no job yet. dis morning I felt so frustrated cos I could not afford #500 to go for an interview. I feel so depress right nw. please I need help.

1 Like

Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 22, 2016
Samtobh:

just sent you a PM...like to forward my cv!thanks
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 22, 2016
Samtobh:

Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by mofeblij12: 3:07pm On Sep 22, 2016
glothaddy:
as I write it, am so frustrated and depression has taken over. graduated 4 years ago, served and got a job of direct sales associate with one the outsourcing companies, I lost he job did year like 6 months ago and since then it has been from one interview to another wit no job yet. dis morning I felt so frustrated cos I could not afford #500 to go for an interview. I feel so depress right nw. please I need help.

Don't worry sister, God will surely help you.

OP, over to you.

1 Like

Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by mofeblij12: 3:11pm On Sep 22, 2016
Nice one OP. I'll like to know you.

1 Like

Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by mofeblij12: 3:12pm On Sep 22, 2016
God will help us all.

1 Like

Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by trahmat: 3:16pm On Sep 22, 2016
I am experiencing it right now.My situation is worse.huh I am 30 years old, married with 2 kids.Have HND in Finance and ACCA part qualified. I have customer service experience. Things are really tough and Oga is really trying but with this recession he has started calling me names like a failure with no ambition.Last sunday he called be a dissapointment and burden on him( I swear i don't blame him because he is a good father to our kids and things are just hard now). I have applied and gone for several interviews but no call . Maybe its because i am married ( rily frustrated).

1 Like

Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Samtobh(m): 3:21pm On Sep 22, 2016
trahmat:
I am experiencing it right now.My situation is worse.huh I am 30 years old, married with 2 kids.Have HND in Finance and ACCA part qualified. I have customer service experience. Things are really tough and Oga is really trying but with this recession he has started calling me names like a failure with no ambition.Last sunday he called be a dissapointment and burden on him( I swear i don't blame him because he is a good father to our kids and things are just hard now). I have applied and gone for several interviews but no call . Maybe its because i am married ( rily frustrated).

Sure its not because you are married, there may be some other factors as well.

But don't worry, it'll soon be over.

Oga should understand ooo.

Send me your detailed CV and add me on Whatsapp.
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by stonekc(m): 3:22pm On Sep 22, 2016
please oo,i also need help...studied industrial maths but no job...did a professional course (NDT) yet no offer...pls i need help urgently...stay in lagos but can travel if any offer warrant me to travel.thanks
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Samtobh(m): 3:28pm On Sep 22, 2016
xule20:

Sent you a mail.
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Samtobh(m): 3:29pm On Sep 22, 2016
stonekc:
please oo,i also need help...studied industrial maths but no job...did a professional course (NDT) yet no offer...pls i need help urgently...stay in lagos but can travel if any offer warrant me to travel.thanks
Check my first post.
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Samtobh(m): 3:30pm On Sep 22, 2016
glothaddy:
Check my first post.

Help is on the way if you believe.

When you have a verifiable and genuine interview invite, let me know. I'll do what I can to help by God's grace. Send me a mail please.
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Samtobh(m): 3:30pm On Sep 22, 2016
missyojo:
@op, pls can you send me a mail through mercyojochogu@gmail.com so as to forward my cv. Thanks to a favorable reply.
sent you a mail, kindly check and reply.
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by jswagg4(m): 3:39pm On Sep 22, 2016
#INeedHelp I studied Geology. And I won't lie. Things are tough. I would appreciate any help. I have a flair for communication, and also have radio experience. I believe I've got what it takes to be a radio presenter,even if its based on initial internship. This is not to say that it is the only thing I want to do. I would appreciate any help I can get. God bless us all.
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by missyojo(f): 3:41pm On Sep 22, 2016
okay!!! Thanks i appreciate

2 Likes

Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by stonekc(m): 3:42pm On Sep 22, 2016
k...jst sent u a mail
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Samtobh(m): 3:50pm On Sep 22, 2016
jswagg4:
#INeedHelp I studied Geology. And I won't lie. Things are tough. I would appreciate any help. I have a flair for communication, and also have radio experience. I believe I've got what it takes to be a radio presenter,even if its based on initial internship. This is not to say that it is the only thing I want to do. I would appreciate any help I can get. God bless us all.
Got your mail bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Will You Receive A 25k Salary With An Msc Degree Because You Can't Get Job? / Common Interview Questions And How To Answer Them / 3 Secret Ways To Get A Job In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.