Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Event Of Ghadir Khumm - Nabi Appointed Ali As Mawla - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Event Of Ghadir Khumm - Nabi Appointed Ali As Mawla (4896 Views)

Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi / Mawlid Al-nabi (the Prophet’s Birthday) / The Status Of Imam Ali (as) With Rasulullah Prophet Muhammad (s) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Event Of Ghadir Khumm - Nabi Appointed Ali As Mawla by AlBaqir(m): 7:58pm On Sep 09, 2017
Empiree:
Let's roll it. Ashura underway...NL is going to be fire

# Should've try and respect what this thread is all about.
Re: Event Of Ghadir Khumm - Nabi Appointed Ali As Mawla by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:08pm On Sep 09, 2017
Demmzy15:
Ashura!!! The month of bloody chest slapping and beatings.

I'll post enough pictures Insha'Allaahu!!! grin grin

I could still remember vividly when I was a little kid, we use to beat our chest.

Do they use fire also? Because someone burnt me with fire during those activities.

Modified:

http://www.ibtimes.com/shia-muslims-practice-self-flagellation-walk-fire-prior-ashura-photos-709175

Re: Event Of Ghadir Khumm - Nabi Appointed Ali As Mawla by Empiree: 8:09pm On Sep 09, 2017
AlBaqir:

I will. Just feel it is that time of the year again
Re: Event Of Ghadir Khumm - Nabi Appointed Ali As Mawla by Demmzy15(m): 9:34pm On Sep 09, 2017
IdisuleOurOwn:

I could still remember vividly when I was a little kid, we use to beat our chest.

Do they use fire also? Because someone burnt me with fire during those activities.

Modified:

http://www.ibtimes.com/shia-muslims-practice-self-flagellation-walk-fire-prior-ashura-photos-709175
I've heard about some running on hot coals.

Besides, were you a Shi'a before?

1 Like

Re: Event Of Ghadir Khumm - Nabi Appointed Ali As Mawla by Demmzy15(m): 9:36pm On Sep 09, 2017
AlBaqir:

tongue
Re: Event Of Ghadir Khumm - Nabi Appointed Ali As Mawla by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 9:49pm On Sep 09, 2017
Demmzy15:
I've heard about some running on hot coals.

Besides, were you a Shi'a before?

No,I wasn't.
Just that when I was bit younger, the person teaching us (I and my siblings) was a Shi'a. Any time it was time we must partake as students. And also been a yearly thing.

We will use fire to burn each other, I was unlucky, someone use fire to burn me which caused a serious wound of which I have the scare on my body up to this day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Event Of Ghadir Khumm - Nabi Appointed Ali As Mawla by Demmzy15(m): 9:53pm On Sep 09, 2017
IdisuleOurOwn:

No,I wasn't.
Just that when I was bit younger, the person teaching us (I and my siblings) was a Shi'a. Any time it was time we must partake as students. And also been a yearly thing.

We will use fire to burn each other, I was unlucky, someone use fire to burn me which caused a serious wound of which I have the scare on my body up to this day.
Chaiiiii!!! Aiye ma nika o, sorry brother!!! cry

2 Likes

Re: Event Of Ghadir Khumm - Nabi Appointed Ali As Mawla by AlBaqir(m): 2:49am On Sep 10, 2017
Empiree started this derailing of a thing, and he knew how much I hate such a thing.

IdisuleOurOwn:

Demmzy15:
Chaiiiii!!! Aiye ma nika o, sorry brother!!! cry

You guys, please be civil and if you must to talk about how you go around slapping, beating and burning yourselves, kindly do that here:

www.nairaland.com/3395202/tatbir-flagellation-disturbing-innovation

# This present thread is about the Event of Ghadir Khumm. Please respect yourselves and stop being jerk.
Re: Event Of Ghadir Khumm - Nabi Appointed Ali As Mawla by Demmzy15(m): 3:39pm On Sep 10, 2017
grin
Re: Event Of Ghadir Khumm - Nabi Appointed Ali As Mawla by AlBaqir(m): 3:44pm On Aug 28, 2018
AlBaqir:
What Is The Meaning of: "For whomever I am his Mawla then 'Ali is his Mawla"

# While there is no doubt about the hadith, which is mutawattir, there are lots of controversial interpretation on the word "Mawla.

# Meaning: Master, friends, ally, associate, slave etc are among several meanings submitted by various Muslim Ulama in the interpretation of the hadith.

# Obviously all the meaning above are not far from the Arabic word "Mawla, (Awliyah, Wali)"

# The actual meaning of any word with various meaning can be clearly established within the context it is used.

# In this hadith, Nabi salallahu alayhi wa ahli was reported to have said “Do you not testify that Allāh and His Messenger are more entitled to you than yourselves…?”

# Only when the Sahabah replied in the affirmative that the Prophet now said, "For whomever I am his Mawla then 'Ali is his Mawla"

# Mawla in this context means someone with higher authority over the believer - It is derived from the Authority of Allah and His Messenger

This, among many other authentic ahadith, is how the Wilayah of Imam Ali’ over every believer after the death of Nabi is established.

On this day we re-affirm our testimony that Ali ibn Abi Talib is our Mawla after Allah and His Prophet.

PERFECTION OF ISLAM

Al-Hafiz ibn Kathir documents in his Tafsir al-Quran al-Azeem, under Quran 5, verse 3:

[ و ] قال ابن جرير : وقد قيل : ليس ذلك بيوم معلوم عند الناس ، ثم روي من طريق العوفي عن ابن عباس في قوله : ( اليوم أكملت لكم دينكم ) يقول : ليس ذلك بيوم معلوم عند الناس قال : وقد قيل : إنها نزلت على رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم في مسيره إلى حجة الوداع . ثم رواه من طريق أبي جعفر الرازي ، عن الربيع بن أنس .

قلت : وقد روى ابن مردويه من طريق أبي هارون العيدي ، عن أبي سعيد الخدري ; أنها أنزلت على رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم يوم غدير خم حين قال لعلي : " من كنت مولاه فعلي مولاه " . ثم رواه عن أبي هريرة وفيه : أنه اليوم الثامن عشر من ذي الحجة ، يعني مرجعه عليه السلام من حجة الوداع .

Ibn Jarir said: It has been said: This is not a day known to people, then it is narrated from Awfi through Ibn Abbas who says: (This day I have perfected your religion for you): He says: This is not a day known to people. It has been said: it (the verse) is revealed to the Messenger of Allah,  peace be upon him, in the journey to the farewell hajj. Then it is (also) narrated through Abi Ja'far ar-Razi, from Rabi'i ibn Anas.

I said: It has been narrated from ibn Mardawi through Abi Haroun al-Hidi, from Abi Sa'id al-khudri (R): It (the verse) is revealed to the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, on the day of Ghadir when he (the Messenger of Allah) said to Ali (Ibn Abi Talib): "Of whosoever I am his Mawla, then Ali is his Mawla".

Then, narration from Abi Hurairah and from him: It is the 18th day of Dhul Hijjah. That is, his (peace be upon him) returning from farewell Hajj.

http://library.islamweb.net/newlibrary/display_book.php?idfrom=373&idto=373&bk_no=49&ID=380
Re: Event Of Ghadir Khumm - Nabi Appointed Ali As Mawla by AlBaqir(m): 4:00pm On Aug 28, 2018
In Tafsir al-Mizan of Allamah Sayyid Hussein Tabatabai, similar narration is documented thus:

Abu Muayyad Muwaffaq ibn Ahmad [al-Khwarazmi] has written in his book Fadail ‘Ali; he says, "Informed me the chief of the memorisers Shahrdar ibn Shirwayh ibn Shahrdar ad-Daylami among what he wrote to me from Hamadan, informed us Abul-Fath ‘Abdus ibn ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Abdus al-Hamadani in writing, narrated to us ‘Abdullah ibn Ishaq al-Baghawi, narrated to us al-Husayn ibn ‘Alil alGhanawi, narrated to us Muhammad ibn ‘Abdur-Rahman az-Zarra‘, narrated to us Qays ibn Hafs, narrated to us ‘Ali ibn al-Husayn, narrated to us Abū Hurayrah from Abu Sa'id al-Khudri:

Verily, the day the Prophet (s.a.w.a.) called the people to Ghadir Khumm, he ordered so that the thorns under the trees were swept aside, and that was a Thursday, when he called the people to ‘Ali and holding his arm, he lifted it until people were looking at the whiteness of his armpits; then both did not separate from one another until this verse was revealed: [This day have I perfected for you your religion and have completed My favour on you and have chosen for you Islam as your religion]. Then the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.a.) said, " Allahu Akbar! for perfecting the religion and completing the bounty and for pleasure of the Lord with my Messengership and the wilayah of ‘Ali."…

Source: al-Allamah as-Sayyid Muhammad Husayn at-Tabataba'i, al-Mizan, [English translation: First edition 2001/1422, Translated from the Arabic: al-Mizan fi tafsiri al-Qur'an, vol.5, Beirut,1394/1974 (2nd ed.)] (Tranlated by: Sayyid Saeed Akhtar Rizvi WOFISWorld organization for Islamic Services Tehran – Iran), Vol. 10, p. 266.
Re: Event Of Ghadir Khumm - Nabi Appointed Ali As Mawla by Empiree: 4:14pm On Aug 28, 2018
hummm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Should We Observe Laylat Al-qadr And When Is It? / The Muslims As Seen By Themselves And By Others / Islam: Protest And Labour Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.